AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 03:44   Link #101
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
As I said, let's move on. There is no point in it. We don't contribute anything to the thread by this argument, and there is no way people will change their opinion over the internet.

[edit]
And thank for the neg rep from someone special. I didn't know you take me that serious. I'm honor.
Old 2008-12-13, 03:46   Link #102
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Geez. This is just a case where in the same situation, different people with different view points will see thing differently.
Okay let's move on. There is no point in it anyway.
How far have you gone with the manga?
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

I see alot of people being dissapointed if they go into the series thinking that there's going to be Yuri just because it takes place in a girl's catholic school like Maria-sama series. Same goes with gender bender series like Otome wa Boku it's neither like those series.

BTW There was another series like Otome wa Boku bah can't remember the name I'm pretty sure it was animated by Madhouse it was 24/26 eps, it either came out in 06 or 07 anyone know which series I'm talking about? The gender bender girl had red hair and he's love interest had silverish hair.
Quote:
And thank for the neg rep from someone special. I didn't know you take me that serious. I'm honor.
Believe it or not that wasn't me.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2008-12-13 at 07:25.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 03:50   Link #103
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I read all the RAW, okay? I never go into argument with limited knowledge about the subject, and I believe we just see thing differently.

I follow this show, and interest in the Yuri's aspect of it. I didn't read it because it's Yuri.
Old 2008-12-13, 07:15   Link #104
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

1) Can ZODDGUTS please stop talking about the manga, especially when you're mentioning the state of the story 3/4 volumes in. That's spoiler material right there, and people who haven't even experienced the manga and plan to watch this show don't wanna go reading that. Please could you edit your posts.

2) I do agree that ZODDGUTS is going a bit over the top with the Yuri hate and throwing his views around --- that's bound to annoy people.
Old 2008-12-13, 07:22   Link #105
ZODDGUTS

Edited my previous post.

Quote:
2) I do agree that ZODDGUTS is going a bit over the top with the Yuri hate and throwing his views around --- that's bound to annoy people.
Especially when there Yuri fanatics.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 07:51   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Especially when there Yuri fanatics.
Still, you should at least hold back your happy nature at the fact that this isn't a full on Yuri show. People reading the summary should understand that it's not that.
Old 2008-12-13, 08:23   Link #107
G.o.S
~desu♥

I'm more interested in how Shinbo handles the show. Will he throw in his unique style at maximum level or will he try something else? Judging from the "normal" (no magic, talking animals, vampires, ghosts, zetsubou, weird art students etc) comedy+romance genre, which hasn't been his strong department IMO, I expect him to change his directing slightly this time. Just my 2 cents.
I have read 4 chapters of the manga and I like it so far but I will try not to prejudice the show just because I know a bit of the manga. Maria-and-maid duo is pretty funny in the manga, at least.
Old 2008-12-13, 09:23   Link #108
Falkor

@ZODGUTS

I think you should stop making assumptions of others if you have little basis to prove it. It doesn’t really please me either that you are playing around with the yuri term—and yuri fans in particular—in a very uncalled manner, just because of your personal views/preferences—and I don’t find your sense of humor that funny…

I’m not familiar with the source material of the show, and I’m not sure of what I am getting into, but as a yuri-fan, I feel unwelcome/threatened by your words, telling us to go somewhere else if there’s no yuri.

And yes, I’m planning to watch this anime, but not with the expectations to find any sort of yuri elements, and rather because of the premise that is interesting in itself.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 18:54   Link #109
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The theme seems too naughty to give this series a miss . I am so in : o
Old 2008-12-17, 17:08   Link #110
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I dont want to get into any arguements or anything. I honestly dont care if it's yuri or not. (i mean i loveee candy boy so the more the merrier but w/e)

I just dont like "overly fan-servicey" /ecchi" stuff. so can anyone tell me if the manga is like this? I mean light fan-service is ok....but i dont like when theirs too much.

And btw how is the manga? good/bad?/decent? im really interested in reading some of it.

if anyone could answer those few questions for me i'd be greatly appreciative!
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 20:34   Link #111
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
I just dont like "overly fan-servicey" /ecchi" stuff. so can anyone tell me if the manga is like this? I mean light fan-service is ok....but i dont like when theirs too much.

And btw how is the manga? good/bad?/decent? im really interested in reading some of it.

if anyone could answer those few questions for me i'd be greatly appreciative!
There is hardly any ecchi in this one. Fanservice, well, I'm not sure since it can be under so many shapes that it can only be told by the viewers. Such as Mariya's constantly clothes changing, although it serves its purpose in the story, it's a kind of fanservice in my eyes because I love Mariya XD.

The manga is good. I'd rate it about 8/10 (there is no perfect point from me until I get to the ending ).
Old 2008-12-17, 20:40   Link #112
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
There is hardly any ecchi in this one. Fanservice, well, I'm not sure since it can be under so many shapes that it can only be told by the viewers. Such as Mariya's constantly clothes changing, although it serves its purpose in the story, it's a kind of fanservice in my eyes because I love Mariya XD.
This is just where everyone's tastes start to take center stage, because the manga is what i'd call fanservice in my eyes, because i love everything about Mariya. The characters and setting are my kind of fetishes.
Old 2008-12-18, 02:08   Link #113
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

So it's "fan-service" in the real term.
btw is Mariya the guy or the girl? (and by guy i mean the cross-dresser)

when i say fan-service tho i more meant like "nudity" and the like. or u know pantsu shots and boob shots. u know the stuff. Think Rosario+vampire fan-service.
that stuff get olds fast. I mainly just meant if there was nudity and such... u know like in normal ecchi manga's
Old 2008-12-18, 03:47   Link #114
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
when i say fan-service tho i more meant like "nudity" and the like. or u know pantsu shots and boob shots. u know the stuff. Think Rosario+vampire fan-service.
that stuff get olds fast. I mainly just meant if there was nudity and such... u know like in normal ecchi manga's
As far as I remember, there is none.
And this is what I call "fanservice", not that nudity and the like. Actually, I believe it's a term to describe anything that doesn't serve a purpose to the story, just be there to satisfy the fan is fanservice, and it's not necessary what you mention above.
Old 2008-12-18, 04:36   Link #115
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

So why are you guys calling Maria "Mariya" again?

I've read a little bit of the manga and, well, it's funny, but I really think Maria is a bad character. The person a few pages back is right: the "sadist" character could have been a lot more fun than this...awkward and clichéd interpretation. So far Maria is just uncaring and on top of a rather weak food chain, not exactly a character to be loved (except for the extraordinary appearance). It's like it wants us to cheer for Maria in a what a funny person kind of way but ends up having me somewhat disgusted instead.

Nonetheless, given Shinbo's record at dead baby comedies, I have quite the decent expectations.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 05:16   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Like i have said before, that's the name i came across and now it's just become a bad habit. I really need to stop.
Old 2008-12-18, 06:05   Link #117
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Again? Because that's her name? Since when her name is Maria?

In the third frame, she said that herself "I'm Mariya". There is even furinaga next to it, so I believe I don't read it wrong.
Old 2008-12-18, 07:30   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

There's two ways of translating her name (or so i believe), so either one will do.
Old 2008-12-18, 08:06   Link #119
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I prefer the name Mariya more, because there are times they say "Maria-sama" as mother Maria, so it's better this way.
Well, when the anime comes to screen, there will be "official" way of pronounce her name anyway.
Old 2008-12-18, 13:50   Link #120
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

btw who is the purple haired goth girl? and what part does she play?

Tags
comedy, genderbender, romance, seinen, shaft, trap