AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 271 67.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 73 18.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 6.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 2.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-10, 06:23   Link #261
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
Joshua: Arrogant ace who is killed without really any character development, arguably one of the more interesting characters. Yet was completely shafted aside in the anime. Some compare Bradley with him if this was Gundam 00 v CD R2.

Just bringing up the point that way too many people get killed with no development in nowaday animes.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:24   Link #262
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
I guess I can buy this; after all, Suzaku is pretty fucking dumb.
Not exactly dumb, I'd say... but if you have watched this season and studied his character, then you can only come to one conclusion: he's VERY indecisive. He heistated a great deal about what to do about the one million Zeros but decided to not do anything because Nunnally and Euphie did not wish for it. He had decided to hate Lelouch, but found in episode 13 that he more or less can't really hate him that much. He decided to use refrain on Kallen but pulled out at the very last moment. He decided to help Lelouch but when push came to shove, he did nothing when their meeting was interrupted. He seemed to have decided to use Freya but did in the end not use it willingly. Conclusion: He's VERY indecisive
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:25   Link #263
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Don't worry you'll get your hax LA soon enough to make up for it. It'll probably be even more haxed.
Yeah and you know that because?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:26   Link #264
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

I guess but he could of also ran but for plots sake hes like 'oh hey ill pull out this mini size gun off my back that shoots a nuke and use it on karen even though she'll obviously dodge it and kill millions in the process.'

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2008-08-10, 06:27   Link #265
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Yeah and you know that because?
The previews for later eps. Really I don't see what you are upset about. Lelouch still lost this ep Kallen escaping aside and its not looking good for him in the future as this ep showed.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:28   Link #266
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
I guess but he could of also ran but for plots sake hes like 'oh hey ill pull out this mini size gun off my back that shoots a nuke and use it on karen even though she'll obviously dodge it and kill millions in the process.'
That's what stupid about making him do because of the Live Geass. There are plenty of ways he could have gotten out of that situation without Freya. He could have surrendered, ran away, begged for his life,etc. Theses are all possible alternatives to saving your own life and are more sensible than shooting what is basically a nuke at a mech only a few dozen meters away from you.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:29   Link #267
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Guilford died without meeting Cornalia again? That's the worst thing that can happen.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:33   Link #268
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

What are the ratings outside of japan? How about DVD sales.

Anime companies will take that into account. One Piece and Naruto don't have hundreds of episodes for their popularity in japan alone.

Big O was resurrected because of its popularity in the U.S even though ratings in japan were low.

One of the reasons Macross is still around is because of Robotech and the popularity of the series outside of Japan.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:33   Link #269
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

I agree with pink-chan, Guilford's death was horrible, as for me he was arguably the most interesting sub character being Cornalia's first knight. Also saddened that the red head knight got destroyed the moment Karen hoe came out. He was pretty smexy.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2008-08-10, 06:35   Link #270
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I'm more saddened for the loss of the Valkyries myself...but Luciano was a ruthless badass, even so.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:36   Link #271
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
I'm more saddened for the loss of the Valkyries myself...but Luciano was a ruthless badass, even so.
Sexy girls weren't they, damn Karen hoe.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2008-08-10, 06:37   Link #272
Nilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticChaos View Post
Spoiler for wait what?:
Well, didn't he like Geass himself into forgetting some important info he didn't want Mao to read in his head back in Season 1? >.<;; I don't think it's code in here, I really think it's more like, Geass-d n Geass-. Though I rly wouldn't know.

Spoiler for NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOO! NOOOO!:
Old 2008-08-10, 06:37   Link #273
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
What are the ratings outside of japan? How about DVD sales.
Well, we haven't heard any news on how well S1 is selling, but S1 sold well enough to gurantee that a second season would come.
Old 2008-08-10, 06:39   Link #274
Seazn
One of the few

Send a message via MSN to Seazn
My eyes had tears in them when Guilford saved Lelouch while being slowly destroyed by the FREIJA... (Stop saying Freya, guys. Check the episode)
Seazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:43   Link #275
Aquaman OS

S1's DVD's were insanely good. Like on the scale on Gundam and EVA. That's why they don't really care about TV ratings that much. They are counting on DVD's selling like hotcakes.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:45   Link #276
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

little Nunnally can't die. Anyhow, I think Tamaki will play a role. He ejected and he is probably considered MIA/KIA. We clearly see him smiling and sitting down in the preview. Why is he sooo happy? Does he see someone familiar? Sayoko or Lelouch? I mean, he has to find a ride back to base. Tamaki to the rescue.
Old 2008-08-10, 06:50   Link #277
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
S1's DVD's were insanely good. Like on the scale on Gundam and EVA. That's why they don't really care about TV ratings that much. They are counting on DVD's selling like hotcakes.
Hmm, I wrotte wrogn there, I meant that we hav eno idea on how well S2 is seeling. But you're probably right; they might be betting on that - and since there won't be an R3, they won't care about what they do this season, because they'll rely on the fanbase sucking up their CG stuff...
Old 2008-08-10, 06:53   Link #278
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
little Nunnally can't die. Anyhow, I think Tamaki will play a role. He ejected and he is probably considered MIA/KIA. We clearly see him smiling and sitting down in the preview. Why is he sooo happy? Does he see someone familiar? Sayoko or Lelouch? I mean, he has to find a ride back to base. Tamaki to the rescue.
And rumours are that it's Tamaki, despite Asahina's words to Toudou, that starts the betrayal, too.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:57   Link #279
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
The same thing happens with some shows here in the US. Shows like Stargate Atlantis have pretty high budgets for cable shows but their DVD sales make a lot of money due to the loyal fanbase.

24... often times beaten in ratings but the show has insane DVD sales.
Sopranos had insanely high budget even though the show had a relatively small audience on cable. DVD sales fueled the production of the series.

24's first season wasn't that highly rated, I believe. The thing that made it a hit were the DVDs. People started showing the show to their friends and they in turn bought DVDs.
Old 2008-08-10, 06:57   Link #280
UrbanSniper
Novelist in Training

Send a message via MSN to UrbanSniper
I just watched the raw (minus sound, since this office computer doesn't have speakers...), but wow, what an episode. Finally Kallen has made her return, and how amazing it was!

As far as whether or not Nunally is dead or not, they left it rather ambiguous; it seemed to me that they could still have been out of the blast radius and punched the launch button at the last second. For all we know, they'll find the ship crashed somewhere outside the blast zone in the next episode. Plus there's always potential for ninja magic saving the day (couldn't help myself, lol).

Man is mortal, guns are fatal; mess with me at your own risk.
UrbanSniper is offline   Reply With Quote