AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-11-19, 07:58   Link #61
Wolfwood2970
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Lets all hope for an season 2 and the guys all go to the girls school. And somehow Midori can return again but this time they can stay together like how it should of been in the first place and defy fate once more.
well here is the thing as much as i would LOVE a season 2 (for I am a big fan of Green Green) lets be realistic.... its highly doubtful there would be a season 2

Yes they did leave openings for a season 2 but here is the problem

1. Sequels are based on popularity of the series.... The series aired at 1 am in the morning... I really dont think it caught that many viewers

2. like i said it does close it up but leaves SOME openings

As much as i love to see another series i really am doubtful another series would come our way....
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 08:58   Link #62
McGrugg
Gruggy Wuggy Lubs j00
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In an alley.
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to McGrugg Send a message via MSN to McGrugg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
I didn't hear anythinga bout midori falling in love with someone else...
Watch episode 1. Reika says "You will not love Yuusuke but you will love someone else." I have the SS & A-Dak sub of episode 1 and it may be a miss translation, so if anyone could clear this up please do.
__________________


McGrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 12:08   Link #63
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
What pissed me off the most is that everyone forgot who Midori was at the end.

I don't believe in "fate" or "destiny" If they make a season 2, Midori and Yuusuke should get together.

Honestly if they just ended it at ep 10 it would of been a much BETTER ending IMO...but that's how the anime flows.

Fate and destiny are overrated, we have free will
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 14:26   Link #64
Anlushac11
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Cool

I dont get this whole screw with our minds that seem to be required in anime.

Green Green was so lighthearted, funny, perverted, and just plain fun. Then they throw in that ending thats so sad and seems so totally out of character for the show.

I didnt want Yuuske to hook up with Midori and I got what I wanted, But now I wish he had hooked up with Midori.

And the cruel joke that of all the multiple romance plots that developed, NOONE got together!

The only characters that got anywhere were the monkeys and that Bear WTF? What was the point?

And Yuuske is the only one who remembers Midori and it seems he kept the picture as well. So what

He can never see her again. She used 31st Century technology to travel back in time to be with him, he does not have access to the same technology to go to the future.

And Im willing to bet Futaba has no memories of Midori either. Everyone seems to have been affected except Yuuske and thats only because he now carries a large part of Midori's life force.

After thinking about it overnight and the more I think about it the more it pisses me off. It feels like Yuuske got the consolation prize. "You cant have the girl but your not going home empty handed, you get to keep a portion of her life energy bonded to yours." So now he can think about her whenever he wants.

I can still think about ex-girlfriends but that doesnt mean Im any happier about not being able to be with them. Memories fade over time and he will remember Midori but over time thats all she will be, some girl he met one summer.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 16:00   Link #65
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
I dont get this whole screw with our minds that seem to be required in anime.

Green Green was so lighthearted, funny, perverted, and just plain fun. Then they throw in that ending thats so sad and seems so totally out of character for the show.

I didnt want Yuuske to hook up with Midori and I got what I wanted, But now I wish he had hooked up with Midori.

And the cruel joke that of all the multiple romance plots that developed, NOONE got together!

The only characters that got anywhere were the monkeys and that Bear WTF? What was the point?

And Yuuske is the only one who remembers Midori and it seems he kept the picture as well. So what

He can never see her again. She used 31st Century technology to travel back in time to be with him, he does not have access to the same technology to go to the future.

And Im willing to bet Futaba has no memories of Midori either. Everyone seems to have been affected except Yuuske and thats only because he now carries a large part of Midori's life force.

After thinking about it overnight and the more I think about it the more it pisses me off. It feels like Yuuske got the consolation prize. "You cant have the girl but your not going home empty handed, you get to keep a portion of her life energy bonded to yours." So now he can think about her whenever he wants.

I can still think about ex-girlfriends but that doesnt mean Im any happier about not being able to be with them. Memories fade over time and he will remember Midori but over time thats all she will be, some girl he met one summer.

Actually i loved the ending, sure it hurt, but oh well maybe theres a s2 or not.
The way it ended he expected Midori to come back, I Think

So if theres no s2 just think what happends after :P

Take Care
Sakaki-
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky_Kiske
As does a lot of the anime airing now adays

and the leechers too, they're the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 16:13   Link #66
Dopeskills
Thigh Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
If Onegai Teacher got a sequel then I don't see why Green Green shouldn't get one...
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 16:44   Link #67
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
What pissed me off the most is that everyone forgot who Midori was at the end.

I don't believe in "fate" or "destiny" If they make a season 2, Midori and Yuusuke should get together.

Honestly if they just ended it at ep 10 it would of been a much BETTER ending IMO...but that's how the anime flows.

Fate and destiny are overrated, we have free will
OK, how about this.. she had to go in order to "correct" a time paradox.

Either way, I didn't like the Midori's ending. Neither in the game nor the anime.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 23:00   Link #68
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrugg
Watch episode 1. Reika says "You will not love Yuusuke but you will love someone else." I have the SS & A-Dak sub of episode 1 and it may be a miss translation, so if anyone could clear this up please do.
well for the aone & N!
@ 18:45 of ep 1 she states "You'll never get together with Yuusuke-Kun, he'll like someone else"
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 00:18   Link #69
Kurara
Ningyou Hime
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Digital Space
Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
What pissed me off the most is that everyone forgot who Midori was at the end.

I don't believe in "fate" or "destiny" If they make a season 2, Midori and Yuusuke should get together.

Honestly if they just ended it at ep 10 it would of been a much BETTER ending IMO...but that's how the anime flows.

Fate and destiny are overrated, we have free will
I completely agree with you. I feel the same way.. And that's sort of why I was disappointed. But it was really obvious that it would end that way.. Specially when we always saw that he didn't seem to care about Midori that much. ._.; And when Futaba always blushed when she saw him.. Things like that. It's not the first time I see an anime like this..

I really hope they will make a season 2 where they get together as well.. But I don't really hope for that too much.. x.x
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 22:24   Link #70
jordanlim4
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Age: 27
I cried on the last epi.. Sooo sad~~ Come to think of it, I really don't like the ending much.. cos Yuusuke didn't even cry when Midori left.. I feel that midori is really really cute in her kinomo and that hair-tie thing.. Futaba is very very pretty... Anyways! I feel this epi is too short... Hope there's a season 2 coming.. Besides that, I've saw the OVA.. more dumb than the real epi.. and the art part is worst than the green green epi..
jordanlim4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 23:43   Link #71
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanlim4
I cried on the last epi.. Sooo sad~~ Come to think of it, I really don't like the ending much.. cos Yuusuke didn't even cry when Midori left.. I feel that midori is really really cute in her kinomo and that hair-tie thing.. Futaba is very very pretty... Anyways! I feel this epi is too short... Hope there's a season 2 coming.. Besides that, I've saw the OVA.. more dumb than the real epi.. and the art part is worst than the green green epi..
Oh Yuusuke was crying indeed, it was hard to tell because it was storming at the time.

I hope theirs a season 2 also
__________________
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 05:30   Link #72
Jasio
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 27
I thought Green Green had a very good ending, albeit it was a sad ending in the fact that they will never see eachother again, basically put: Midori ceased to exist due to the time difference, as to Yuusuke's memory, he remembers, but dont forget that EVERYBODY else forgot about here, except for Futaba-chan.

I guess we cant expect every anime to end in a happy manner, although it was a bit of a dissapointment considering how light-hearted this anime was, really bugs me that they suddenly got serious at the very end, almost as if the anime had a split personality.

Overall, I think it was a great series, I pray that they'll make a season 2, but as some people posted already, the ending was rather well closed off, but left room for improvement. It's one of those endings that give you one of those 50/50 feelings where you'd be very happy if a season 2 came around, or very sad/unsatisfied if it ended right here.

Eh, this is a good discussion though, makes you wonder about fate, but since we're not in any anime's where people pop-up to tell us our fates, we live our fates not knowing what happens, although whatever does happen, either good or bad is our fate. You can almost say that it was Yuusuke's FATE to meet Midori, eh... but that's just me.

Discuss if you wish ^_^
Jasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 08:43   Link #73
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Animesuki
Damn.....why no one end up with anyone??? I can't even make a point whether the ending should be either called a happy or sad one.
Anyway, finally this show is over and sayonara to Bachigu-san. Can't forget all the jokes and ecchiness you had provided to us
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 22:12   Link #74
Namiko
Namiko Choshi
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 27
I don't think there will be a season 2. Midori is gone, and Fatuba...well, I'm not sure about that one. The ending was pretty good, went by fast though. Normal anime would take like 5 episodes where as Green Green wrapped it up into one. What do you think the second episode would be like? *Considering there will be one*
Namiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 22:45   Link #75
@Naruto@
Mind Sweeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto, North York
Age: 32
Well I think that the second season will involve Fatuba Chan a lot more. Thinking that Fatuba likes Yuusuke too. They might get together and some sparks might start to fly. But Midori will still be with him in spirit.

Or somehow Midori finds away back to his time and continue there fate. The destiny.
@Naruto@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 05:02   Link #76
Anlushac11
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Cool

I could easily see another season focusing on Yuuske and the love interest that Reika hinted at.

My wish is for Futaba and Yuuske to hook up. But I could also see Futaba returning as Yuuske's best friend since she is only one who might know the situation and remember Midori.

I have seen no proof yet that Futaba remembers Midori anymore than the others. If someone knows of evidence please point it out.

But could you imagine the confusion of Midori's spirit accepting that they will not be together and giving Yuuske advice on girls and making comments in his mind while he is trying to date or kiss another girl? it would like a friendly ex-girlfriend knowing your every thought and constantly looking over your shoulder.

I can see the possibility for some very funny scenarios.

I feel the shows writers left it wide open for a 2nd season or a series of OVA's. Would be cool if they did so.




There is still the possibility of Yuuske finding a way to the future or Midori not accepting her fate and trying anyways to come back. Many people, myself included, dont accept that you have no control over your destiny.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 05:36   Link #77
McGrugg
Gruggy Wuggy Lubs j00
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In an alley.
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to McGrugg Send a message via MSN to McGrugg
I doubt there's a way he could go to the future. It was 31st century technology that Midori used and poor Yuuske is stuck in 21st century. Anyways, I think by the end of the show Yuuske and Midori realised that they can't change fate, so I doubt they'd (especially Yuuske) would try another shot at changing it.

Is there a link to spoilers on the game that someone can post? I don't read/speak japanese so I wouldn't be able to know what was going on even if I did get it, which I probably wouldn't. I'm curious to know the differences between the game and anime. Your help will be much appreciated.
__________________


McGrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 17:57   Link #78
Antonik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Age: 26
This Series totally kicked ass, i want more! I wish futaba and yusuke got a little deeper into a relationship though
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 18:51   Link #79
elian85
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: near hamburg, germany
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to elian85
has to continue

if there is no 2nd season i think the ending is one of the worth, so there will b . anyone watched the ova? wtf have they thought when they did that crap? and umm. my favorite chars are the bears ) humping good old bakkas, some fun. i think it was popular i was on greengreen.jp and on a convention was a big place with just grgr (u can find a screenshot on the hp).
elian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 01:23   Link #80
Narusegawa
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
ahhh surrounded by futaba fanz!!

well futaba would be my second choice for yuusuke, but i still love midori ^^

shes so cute and always upbeat^^ i luv her i luv her i luv her!!! bring her backk!!!
Narusegawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.