AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2010-02-10, 01:18   Link #381
cybermirage

Has anyone else been having trouble with MPlayer displaying subtitles and signs improperly? It does a number of weird things to the subs and signs when I try to watch Coalgirl's Bakemonogatari releases and I'm not really sure what the root cause is.

Rev12 seems have issues with whatever method is used for their blocks on signs. It's seems like it's not properly sized or made rendered transparently or something.

Rev13 doesn't seem to render the blocks at all, but it seems to be displaying the text in the wrong font size. As a result, all of the signs no longer fit correctly and tend to spill over the edge of whatever they're on.

I haven't seen anyone else complaining about these issues, so I was wondering if there was some solution already out that I'm not aware of...
cybermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 06:06   Link #382
pigoz
YUKI.N>

Send a message via MSN to pigoz Send a message via Skype™ to pigoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermirage View Post
Has anyone else been having trouble with MPlayer displaying subtitles and signs improperly? It does a number of weird things to the subs and signs when I try to watch Coalgirl's Bakemonogatari releases and I'm not really sure what the root cause is.

Rev12 seems have issues with whatever method is used for their blocks on signs. It's seems like it's not properly sized or made rendered transparently or something.

Rev13 doesn't seem to render the blocks at all, but it seems to be displaying the text in the wrong font size. As a result, all of the signs no longer fit correctly and tend to spill over the edge of whatever they're on.

I haven't seen anyone else complaining about these issues, so I was wondering if there was some solution already out that I'm not aware of...
The problem is probably in the libass version (being too old) bundled with the default mplayerosx extended binaries. Have you tried these? http://code.google.com/p/mplayerosx-builds/
It should render properly almost anything that VSFilter can deal with.
pigoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 13:18   Link #383
cybermirage

I suspect that would solve everything, but I'm using OSX 10.5 as opposed to 10.6...

I didn't want to but maybe I should just bite the bullet and upgrade my OS... =\
cybermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 21:39   Link #384
Ryoujin
What?

After a couple of days of watching episodes I've noticed a couple of weird things that have been going on with the latest release.

The first one is that sometimes when you finish watching an episode the window doesn't resize, you just see a black box. If you try to close it, by pressing escape, it doesn't work. You'd either have to (1) quit MPlayer or (2) click the close button at the top (I guess that the close window shortcut could also work).

The second one is that (not sure if it's related to using pigoz binary), sometimes when I try to open a MKV file, MPlayer doesn't open the file; even if I try to open the movie again. If I quit, re-open MPlayer and double click the movie it works, tho.

I checked the Console to see if there was any message, just saw this, doubt it's related:

Code:
2/8/10 7:53:28 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[31675]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/9/10 5:46:27 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[606]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/10/10 6:59:25 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[542]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/10/10 7:21:19 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[571]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/10/10 7:51:31 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[607]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/10/10 7:52:43 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[614]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/10/10 8:38:36 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[704]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/10/10 8:59:14 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[752]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/10/10 9:58:45 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[815]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/11/10 6:04:32 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[547]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/11/10 6:06:40 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[565]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/11/10 6:07:18 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[569]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
2/11/10 6:08:09 PM	MPlayer OSX Extended[578]	using Snow Leopard AR cookies
Ryoujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 04:47   Link #385
pigoz
YUKI.N>

"using Snow Leopard AR cookies" refers to the new message cookies used by Snow Leopard to communicate witht he Apple Remote. I dont think it is related to the misbehaviour.

On the other hand, I had occasional problems with MPlayerOSX Ext and my binary. Sometimes when I would open a mkv it would freeze my whole system, I think it is probably a synchronization problem between the gui and the backend process but could never debug it...
Old 2010-02-21, 11:34   Link #386
Ryoujin
What?

From time to time I've also noticed that whenever you try to open a movie from MPlayer (by using the open file dialog), the dialog opens wide; never happened before in previous versions.

Here's a picture, I took out some information from it:

Old 2010-03-18, 21:34   Link #387
franz2
you are the blood

Ok, I have no idea what's happening here exactly, but here's my issue:

Whenever playing a multi audio channel file (to keep it relevant to animesuki, say THORA's Wevangeriwon 1.11, but it happens to anything), the left speaker sounds softer. I think it is picking the wrong channel when outputting just stereo.

Tried deleting preferences and redownloading. Using rev13 + pigoz's binary (actually this happens on all binaries, apparently?) on Snow Leopard.

(oh god I'm so paranoid, all other sound is normal, but after I noticed this I hear everything softer)
Old 2010-03-27, 15:22   Link #388
pigoz
YUKI.N>

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz2 View Post
Ok, I have no idea what's happening here exactly, but here's my issue:

Whenever playing a multi audio channel file (to keep it relevant to animesuki, say THORA's Wevangeriwon 1.11, but it happens to anything), the left speaker sounds softer. I think it is picking the wrong channel when outputting just stereo.

Tried deleting preferences and redownloading. Using rev13 + pigoz's binary (actually this happens on all binaries, apparently?) on Snow Leopard.

(oh god I'm so paranoid, all other sound is normal, but after I noticed this I hear everything softer)
go to "Preferences" -> "Advanced"
enter this:
Code:
-channels 6 -af pan=2:.67:.33:.33:.67:.89:.11:.11:.89:.89:.89:.89:.89
I hope you are using headphones like me, because it might sound like crap on speakers. Let me know if this solves your problem
Use the filter when the input is DTS (i.e.: THORA's stuff).

Last edited by pigoz; 2010-03-27 at 15:38.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:02   Link #389
Ryoujin
What?

There are sound issues with Summer Wars [YAE][TMD-UTW], even tho you can hear the background sound, the character voices doesn't come thru. The only workaround is enabling Virtual surround for headphones (only 5 to 6 channel audio) in Preferences > Audio, but I kept that option on with another video and it sounded like it was tearing (the audio) when the characters were speaking, so I have to turn it on only to watch that episode (the one previously mentioned).

Summer Wars has FLAC 5.1 audio. There's also a track with commentaries, the commentaries are fine.
Old 2010-04-03, 13:42   Link #390
pigoz
YUKI.N>

Well that options only works with 5-6 channels audio that is @ 48KHz. It will break with anything different
Old 2010-04-06, 08:28   Link #391
alleus

Hello! New here, and I've just got a quick question about this player.
I tried to watch some anime on VLC today, but for some reason it crashed when selecting the subtitles I wanted, so I decided to try this player instead. The subs work perfectly and video is great. However, I can't change the audio! It stays in english, and even though I know it's dual audio, and japanese audio exists (I could select the japanese audio in VLC) it just says "Undefined" in the audio box, and when I click it nothing happens.. I checked with other animes to that I know have dual audio, and the same thing happened. Help! ^^
alleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 10:57   Link #392
Cpuroast

New mplayer compile

Pigoz, any chance of a new mplayer compile?

Last one is from January, I doubt the mplayer/ffmpeg-mt development has been idle since then.

Thanks a bunch!
Cpuroast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 09:43   Link #393
pigoz
YUKI.N>

New build is available for download. I didn't have time to follow mplayer/ffmpeg development lately so I'm not sure if there are noticeable improvements
Old 2010-04-23, 11:01   Link #394
yeahitschris

is it the player or is it the file? because when i am watching naruto movie 3 from db. the audio seems to be a bit off with the video.

edit; meh looks like it is the video lol. time to stream it i guess
Old 2010-04-23, 12:22   Link #395
rezzo

thx pigoz, updating mplayer.git...
Old 2010-04-23, 13:35   Link #396
yeahitschris

okay can anybody help? i unistalled MPlayer because i thought it was the player. installed it but now it says "check for update" or "no". i press "check" and the player crashes. if i press no the player crashes ._.

edit; when i just install it, i can play files. but when i quit it. then reopen it, it does what i stated above.

edit 2: nevermind, i just kept relaunchign it until it worked heh.

Last edited by yeahitschris; 2010-04-24 at 19:28.
yeahitschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 10:55   Link #397
light223

Screen shots do not seem to work in the latest mplayer.git
light223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 07:49   Link #398
Benni-chan
German Fansubber Geek
*Fansubber

is it normal, that karaoke effects in soft subs don't work with mplayer? I use the binary from pigoz...
everything else seems to work.
Benni-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 21:01   Link #399
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Hey guys, quick question about subtitles. Is it possible to scale them to the resolution of your screen/video player size? I'm using a MBP 1440x900 resolution and the subtitles always look fuzzy. I would like to find a way to make them sharper/clearer like I can with MPC-HC on PCs. Thanks!
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 13:56   Link #400
Cpuroast

New Build request

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoz View Post
New build is available for download. I didn't have time to follow mplayer/ffmpeg development lately so I'm not sure if there are noticeable improvements
Hi Pigoz,

Last build is dated June 20th,

Any chance for a new build? Since Adrian is busy with real life and other projects, he doesn't have time to work on MPE.

Thanks a bunch!
Cpuroast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiki candidate