AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-13, 13:44   Link #1
inkyubasu
*.Nyoro~n.*

A very specific type of comedy

I'm in the mood of watching anime or manga with the typical uncorresponded gay friend gag... it doesn't matter if it's shoujo or shounen... as long as the friend is not corresponded (otherwise, it would be shounen ai/yaoi O_oa)
Plase, help me T_T

Some examples/Already watched:
- Midori no Hibi
- Saber Marionette
- Hanakazari no Kimitachi e (he wasn't really gay, but he thought he was)
- Keroro Gunsou
- Kyou kara maou
- Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu
- Lovely Complex
- Moyashimon

Last edited by inkyubasu; 2008-08-15 at 19:03.
Old 2008-08-13, 17:36   Link #2
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

I know that Nodame Cantabile has some of that between Masumi-chan and Chiaki. Chiaki, obviously, being completely straight.
Old 2008-08-13, 19:04   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Two other recent Noitamina series might fit this pattern, Moyashimon and the currently-running Antique Bakery. In Moyashimon, the relationship is only one subplot, and not a major one at that. Antique Bakery includes a straight bakery entrepreneur and a gay patissier, but there's also a substantial dose of yaoi flavoring so it might not be what you're looking for.
Old 2008-08-14, 05:30   Link #4
Hayaku
Ecchi go Boom 0(^.^)0

Onegai twins - That dude with the name I can't remember is into the protagonist Maiku, even though he only gets beaten by him, and the school also thinks those two are gay even though that isn't the case ^.^

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-08-14, 08:01   Link #5
Arkuatic

"I'm in the mood of watching anime or manga with the typical uncorresponded gay friend gag"-im a bit ignorant on that part

but if you liked suzumiya you'll enjoy
Lucky Stars-Voice actor Aya Hirano; who is the same for haruhi is the main character. Story focuses on a couple of first year high school kids questioning odd questions and experiencing them. Slice of life comedy

Kyou no Go no Ni-similar to lucky stars w/out the slice of life, much more humorous
Old 2008-08-15, 08:46   Link #6
inkyubasu
*.Nyoro~n.*

Nodame Cantabile - I have heard of it many times, I just never had the opportunity to watch it, thank you for reminding me of its existance
Moyashimon - It looks a bit angsty... but I'll check it (as long as it is uncorresponded, it's fine for me)
Antique Bakery - I'm not into yaoi, but i'll check it anyway (it looks like a comedy)
Onegai twins - It looks like it's what I'm looking for, Thank you! (Do I need to watch Onegai teacher to get the story?)

About other comedies:
Lucky Stars and Kyou no Go no Ni- Too random for my taste
Old 2008-08-15, 09:57   Link #7
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

The Onegai Twins has the same universe with Onegai Teacher. The only thing you'll miss if you have'nt watched teacher is the identity of the recurring characters from the first series.

Although for me, Teacher >>>....> Twins, by a huge margin, but I'd still recommend those two.
Old 2008-08-15, 10:12   Link #8
inkyubasu
*.Nyoro~n.*

Ok, then I'll watch both, I prefer to be informed when seeing an anime, thanks ^^
Old 2008-08-15, 12:29   Link #9
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

xxxHolic, definitely.
Old 2008-08-15, 19:02   Link #10
inkyubasu
*.Nyoro~n.*

XXXholic - Oh, I'm already watching it and reading the manga (pretty good btw ^^), but anyway, its' not exactly what I'm looking for... Doumeki's feelings aren't obvious, I'm not even sure if he likes Watanuki
Closed Thread