AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 39 35.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 14.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-14, 16:36   Link #81
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Actually it's Minmay who leaves crying and Hikaru stays with Misa. He later finds Minmay to give her the lyrics and persuade her to sing again....
AH! So, so, so.... Dead to rights! I must be getting old. My memory is failing.

Time to get out my DRYL disc again.
Mughi is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 17:32   Link #82
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philippines - The Terrorist Fortress xD
Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Oh lawd Macross Frontier is becomming like a love story now xD
__________________
bkg9990 is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 17:37   Link #83
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Oh lawd Macross Frontier is becomming like a love story now xD
LOL it's always been Mecha action + Romance for Macross. What show were you watching?
Darial is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 17:40   Link #84
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
oh, it just me, or is Micheal getting a pineapple salad foreshadowing?

granted, it could be another feint, but Kawamori did say in his interview that SOMEONE will die
Key Board is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 18:15   Link #85
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philippines - The Terrorist Fortress xD
Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
LOL it's always been Mecha action + Romance for Macross. What show were you watching?
Yeah but its now more focused on SherylxAltoxRanka romance for a bit, with a little mech battle from time to time
__________________
bkg9990 is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 18:25   Link #86
Seifall
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nx View Post
Macross F is the first anime where I do want a certain character to die SO badly.

Please. Die, Ranka.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Oh God no Alto. You're not gona explain a rats-ass to Ranka.

YOU CARE MORE FOR SHERYL! YOU DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO RANKA WHY YOU'RE HOLDING SHERYL IN YOUR ARMS, BECAUSE IT'S NONE OF HER GOD DAMN LOLI BUSINESS!

You enjoy your time with Sheryl, with her in your arms, you do that.

Ranka go home.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Yeah it'll not be the same. This time, Ranka dies.

Hopefully.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Unfortunately it does kind of look like they are trying to build up Ranka sympathy points. She running up those stairs in all her loli glory just to see Alto. All happy and saying "Alto, Alto, Alto" over and over again. And then she sees Sheryl and Alto and is all emo.

I find it hard to sympathize with her considering all that Sheryl is going through right now.
"they are trying to build up Ranka sympathy points." This is what I'm seeing too.
Like when Sheryl made her move and took alto with her on his birthday.
But this is obvious, no ? Alto broke the heart in the sky with the cupid-arrow... She misleaded it alright but when she saw Alto and Sheryl wrap around how could she take it for a behaviour between friends ?
Sheryl is dying but I find it to easy to take all Sheryl's unhapiness now on Ranka because she interferes with Sheryl and Alto relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
You canīt imagine my seething hatred for her at that moment. Fricking child, why does she meddle in such an adult relationship?
adult relationship? they aren't even over 18/21...
How could she know sheryl will be with Alto ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
Go go ai-kun kill the anoying green haired pest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
I can imagine! I almost think it will make her look bad considering what Sheryl is going through. I mean how can she be so upset about that when Sheryl is dying and finally trying to tell Alto?
Like she knew it .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
All of her actions were so childish and selfish in this episode. This really has to set her some real growth for her.
what is childish for me is how they painted her character. What's with these arms?
I see why people hate the fact that a lean girl can win the guy's heart at the end with her always saying " alto-kun....." it kind of bother me too but selfish? The one who is selfish here is Sheryl. What did she talk about her dying to Michail and Klan and not Alto ? To fear he stays with her out of pity ? Yes so she thinks first to her and after to Alto, she fears he doesn't like her so she prefers to keep it for herself this is kind childish too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post

I'm surprised she only realized it by now Meh, so much for slowly become mature and independent... She's back to starting point again. Does Ranka ever have any thought that isn't involving Alto?
she wanted to protect his brother alto and everyone in singing the remix aimo...
You should take it also for sheryl who this later episode ever have any thought that isn't involving Alto?... No
OK she's dying OK she isn't the Galaxy Fairy anymore but I thought she was a determined woman? I thought she was independant ? why didn't she go look for Grace for more explanation? She didn't do it but wanted to meet Alto.
It seems for me she is the one who is taking the wrong path for the growth character...until episode 22 thought
Hopefully Ranka will become more independant after that shock and let Alto chase her ( it will be a first)...
Sheryl will sing again to but for what? Her love confession to Alto... She becomes for sure more and more independant


Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Ranka's problems seem to be so little comparing to Sheryl's. It's a teenager love trouble, not a matter of facing the death and losing everything.
She may be a vajra. That sound little to you ?
Sheryl lose everything but you should not be so biased
She lose but she is gaining too... what ? New friends like Michail and Klan,She spends more time with Alto , she know now the truth it's better than to be used like a tool (aka Ranka ) no?
Ranka is losing little by little her friend with Nanase who isn't always with her anymore, Michail and Klan are now at 100% with Sheryl because she is dying, her brother entrusts her to Alto like he will not be always with her anymore, Alto spends more time with Michail and a lot with Sheryl than with Ranka.... The only one who is still by her side is Brera.... Some jealousy is in the air

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Yeah, I'm laughing at all those times some people insisted that Ranka wasn't dependent on Alto. These last few episodes proved just how bad/clingy she is. All that maturation she gained before seems to be flying out the window.

Though she got points from me back in episode 12 and a bit in the sing off, she has lost many, many points from me for these past few episodes. My usual apathy and ambivalence towards her is starting to creep into dislike. Not quite, but close. I really hope she does something to turn things around.
You are really but really unfair here.
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ?! It's not because she broke in your Sheryl and Alto scene that she became an evil.
I bet you didn't even loved her once ( or appreciate because love seems unreasonable here).
Just because she appeared at the wrong time and we all know what is the meaning of a alto running after her(= AltoxRanka pair more and more likely) just because of that you are all repeled and say she disappointed you? What is that joke seriously ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
I don't think that has much to do with anything. All of her actions before the wtfpwn'd bit were selfish and childish. I don't blame her for not knowing about Sheryl's illness, other then her not caring anything about her since.... well, forever. This is someone she admired as well, in the early episodes.

All I'm saying is I don't see how this is the return of poor underdog Ranka considering the circumstances.

Hahahaaaa
You are pissed because she goes into the lead in the love triangle and Sheryl is left behind now because the only way she can approch Alto is because of her illness.
Alto will obviously chase after Ranka out of guilty but she will go with Brera ... Then will start the rivalry between Alto and Brera with a unrequited love for Sheryl.
This is what I think after reading Nakamura sentence :the Sheryl x Alto end the most popular seems unlikely to happen because it will not be surprising.





All the" Ranka dies" or "i agree with the many of you who don't really care what happens to Ranka. i just find her so annoying for some reason" reflects prefectly how people here can't make the diference between a fact and a desire.
You should seriously asks yourself how you didn't see it coming ( that Ranka had equal chances to end with Alto like Sheryl)you didn't. You only had eyes for your Sheryl QUEEN, it's so impossible for you that Ranka can also win against sheryl.....
You should ask yourself why you couldn't see how sheryl's character was leading towards a more dependant woman(Alto) ,unsure, no, Ranka isn't the only one anymore.

You should ask yourself why you couldn't predict why the compositor painted in episode 19 sheryl like a not so cool character, the role of the bad woman like a lot of anime or movie who steals the other girl's guy ( the scene in this episode looked like that(even if you claim that it's not that they made it look like that even some here saw this , they want to put sheryl as the one between the main couple...
For me and I think a lot of readers who dropped by here, this forum became pretty biased and totally unfair with all the Sheryl sama sheryl the Queen VS Ranka if there is one... which is reduce to the girl who only has a crush on a boy and that's all.
I can see from here people to tell me to get out of here because I'm new and break in your harem and if we are so biased you can also just leave but some things need to be said here.

I'm surprised to see not even 20 % and I'm kind here, people who can find just one quality about Ranka ( except the she is innocent, pure, or a good sister....).... NOTHING ...except for the green haired girl, the girl who has a crush, the vajra, ....
Instead of ignoring people or tell them to back off of here ( I read all of the threads here so I know what I'm talking about) because they don't have the same vision you should argue with them fairly not " OH SHERYL GAMBATTE " " SHERYL IS OUR QUEEN " so she will wins.... what kind of argument is that seriously?
Doesn't it bother you to all share the same opinion? And no I'm not insulting you but just saying that here, it became really poor in argument but really rich in Sheryl utopia land . " SHERYL SHERYL SHERYL "
and when someone disagree "neg rep " or " how dare you doubt in our sheryl Sama " ? what is that ?

People said me here the last time that Just make sure to properly site your sources and not rely so much on personal bias when attempting to "prove" something and I really appreciate it but people here don't seem to apply this rule ,Whether or not you want to show your support for Ranka is your call, but it is a whole other deal if you want to actively participate in the shipping wars by using flaky arguments and heavily tinted glasses. The last post don't even contain argument but hymn to death for Ranka or the shool high girl who has a crush....

OK Sheryl is your favorite charater and it's all credit to you but You REALLY REALLY should act more fairly towards the effort that Kawamori put in Ranka's character, her fans and not like a bunch of sheryl's slave with ridiculous behaviour: Please. Die, Ranka. I have been on a lot of forum community but it's the first time I'm seeing this pathetic behaviour retook by others not to mention your partial argument because there isn't anyone to contradict them . That' was long but enough explicit
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 18:32   Link #87
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 40
I rewatched the preview and there definitely is a short moment when someones legs ( look like Altos ) are sweeped by someone else ( assumed to be Brera ).

So I guess weīll get another instance of "You are not fit for her!" from Brera, when Alto tries to explain things to Ranka


And dude above me... for me Ranka has grown from "likeable, if childish" character to "self-absorbed infantile" pest during this episode. I was still liking her before, but I really was expecting her tongue to loll out when she ran up these stairs.

How the hell can we take her seriously in this triangle? I guess it kinda is Kawamoris "fault", because he made Sheryl too awesome.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 18:51   Link #88
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Exclamation

I have to agree with Seifall's post.

I still don't have a favorite between the two girls, and I haven't seen 19 yet, but the animosity towards Ranka has gotten pretty vile.... Like I've said elsewhere, I'm married to a girl who is very much like Sheryl, but she has her Ranka genki tendencies too, so I'm living with aspects of each of these characters in real life. I'd NEVER wish one of those parts would die...

I'll wait to see how 19 hits me, but I do know that I won't be hating afterwards...

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one out there who still understands Minmay's pain.
Mughi is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 18:54   Link #89
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post


You are pissed because she goes into the lead in the love triangle and Sheryl is left behind now because the only way she can approch Alto is because of her illness.
Alto will obviously chase after Ranka out of guilty but she will go with Brera ... Then will start the rivalry between Alto and Brera with a unrequited love for Sheryl.
This is what I think after reading Nakamura sentence :the Sheryl x Alto end the most popular seems unlikely to happen because it will not be surprising.


All the" Ranka dies" or "i agree with the many of you who don't really care what happens to Ranka. i just find her so annoying for some reason" reflects prefectly how people here can't make the diference between a fact and a desire.
You should seriously asks yourself how you didn't see it coming ( that Ranka had equal chances to end with Alto like Sheryl)you didn't. You only had eyes for your Sheryl QUEEN, it's so impossible for you that Ranka can also win against sheryl.....
You should ask yourself why you couldn't see how sheryl's character was leading towards a more dependant woman(Alto) ,unsure, no, Ranka isn't the only one anymore.

You should ask yourself why you couldn't predict why the compositor painted in episode 19 sheryl like a not so cool character, the role of the bad woman like a lot of anime or movie who steals the other girl's guy ( the scene in this episode looked like that(even if you claim that it's not that they made it look like that even some here saw this , they want to put sheryl as the one between the main couple...
For me and I think a lot of readers who dropped by here, this forum became pretty biased and totally unfair with all the Sheryl sama sheryl the Queen VS Ranka if there is one... which is reduce to the girl who only has a crush on a boy and that's all.
I can see from here people to tell me to get out of here because I'm new and break in your harem and if we are so biased you can also just leave but some things need to be said here.

I'm surprised to see not even 20 % and I'm kind here, people who can find just one quality about Ranka ( except the she is innocent, pure, or a good sister....).... NOTHING ...except for the green haired girl, the girl who has a crush, the vajra, ....
Instead of ignoring people or tell them to back off of here ( I read all of the threads here so I know what I'm talking about) because they don't have the same vision you should argue with them fairly not " OH SHERYL GAMBATTE " " SHERYL IS OUR QUEEN " so she will wins.... what kind of argument is that seriously?
Doesn't it bother you to all share the same opinion? And no I'm not insulting you but just saying that here, it became really poor in argument but really rich in Sheryl utopia land . " SHERYL SHERYL SHERYL "
and when someone disagree "neg rep " or " how dare you doubt in our sheryl Sama " ? what is that ?

People said me here the last time that Just make sure to properly site your sources and not rely so much on personal bias when attempting to "prove" something and I really appreciate it but people here don't seem to apply this rule ,Whether or not you want to show your support for Ranka is your call, but it is a whole other deal if you want to actively participate in the shipping wars by using flaky arguments and heavily tinted glasses. The last post don't even contain argument but hymn to death for Ranka or the shool high girl who has a crush....

OK Sheryl is your favorite charater and it's all credit to you but You REALLY REALLY should act more fairly towards the effort that Kawamori put in Ranka's character, her fans and not like a bunch of sheryl's slave with ridiculous behaviour: Please. Die, Ranka. I have been on a lot of forum community but it's the first time I'm seeing this pathetic behaviour retook by others not to mention your partial argument because there isn't anyone to contradict them . That' was long but enough explicit
I didn't get the first half of your post. It didn't make grammatical sense.

To the second half, you should read all the history of posts before you comment. All reasons for our "bias" or "feelings" has been discussed logically and sensibly before. As everyone got tired of it and from the lack of Ranka supporters in this forum, there wasn't a need to be reasonable as opposed to being funny. Need to have some commedy while we wait a whole week for another episode.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 19:01   Link #90
aneeshadc
Junior member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Age: 26
Okay 1stly Sheryl isnt being selfish by not telling alto about her impending death but selfless because she doesnt want to worry alto. Her fearing rejection has nothing to do with this situation. She is more worried about not being a burden on him. How you see her actions as selfish is beyond me.

2ndly I dont hate Ranka but I get where the others are coming from. The fact that her world seems to revolve around alto is frustrating to watch. She needs to find a purpose in life that doesnt involve alto.

3rdly, I think that ranka interrupting sheryl/alto confession seems to bode well for a sheryl/alto end, at least to me. It'll give her time to fill her super move meter charge.

Personally if I have to go by the basis of interactions and gowth for the characters, Sheryl wins hands down but if it goes by the usual anime trend of equating desire to protect with love (which is boring, predictale, unreal & ridiculous IMO) then only then ranka gets the upperhand.
aneeshadc is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 19:02   Link #91
Seifall
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And dude above me...
We aren't in a flea market you know, I have a nickname... Looks like what I said about people who don't like when someone share an opposite but real opinion is true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
for me Ranka has grown from "likeable, if childish" character to "self-absorbed infantile" pest during this episode.
Because of what ? It's what I said previously... she step in so it's not good for sheryl
You should be more fair and telling what you really think : " she is a pest because she came at the wrong time..." which in addition has nothing to do with her character... if not I don't now how you could like her before ( in a likeable way) and hate her now because she was running up on the stairs for seeing alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I was still liking her before, but I really was expecting her tongue to loll out when she ran up these stairs.
Ok I understood.... I am all wrong... you indeed hate her because she she ran up these stairs


Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
How the hell can we take her seriously in this triangle? I guess it kinda is Kawamoris "fault", because he made Sheryl too awesome.
this is disturbing for her future thought.... I don't know how this awesome sheryl can ends up with alto if Kawamori knew since the beginning she was the obvious winner... This doesn't look like a real surprise for me but hey i was wrong for the stairs maybe i am here too...
I don't wish sheryl to die seriously she is an interesting character so I hope you can see how Ranka can be one too... I hope....

Last edited by Seifall; 2008-08-14 at 19:32.
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 19:05   Link #92
aneeshadc
Junior member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Age: 26
I really dont get where the hate comes from either. All of the characters are lovable, its just that some are more awesome than others.
aneeshadc is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 19:29   Link #93
Seifall
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
I didn't get the first half of your post. It didn't make grammatical sense.
Sorry,I'm not used to the the shakespeare language I should write it in chinese or japanese then ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
To the second half, you should read all the history of posts before you comment.
Have you read my post ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
All reasons for our "bias" or "feelings" has been discussed logically and sensibly before. As everyone got tired of it and from the lack of Ranka supporters in this forum, there wasn't a need to be reasonable as opposed to being funny
I read all the post and i suggest you to do the same...." please die Ranka" or "annoying character", " SHERYL IS OUR QUEEN so she will win... do not dare to doubt..." Where is the logical in this ? If you consider this been discussed logically and sensibly before well you' are quite a fair fan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Need to have some commedy while we wait a whole week for another episode.
Why do I feel you set on me here....
Indeed the comedy is each time I see your post (all the biaised ones)full of unbiased argument , logical, well they 're perfect keep the good work !

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Okay 1stly Sheryl isnt being selfish by not telling alto about her impending death but selfless because she doesnt want to worry alto. Her fearing rejection has nothing to do with this situation. She is more worried about not being a burden on him. How you see her actions as selfish is beyond me.
She don't want to burden him but it's right with Mikhail or Klan...
OK I don't know how to call it then ...

[/QUOTE]2ndly I dont hate Ranka but I get where the others are coming from. The fact that her world seems to revolve around alto is frustrating to watch. She needs to find a purpose in life that doesnt involve alto. [/QUOTE]

Northern Cross is especilly dedicated to him... so I don't know either how she could do it except singing with Ranka against the enemy...

[/QUOTE]3rdly, I think that ranka interrupting sheryl/alto confession seems to bode well for a sheryl/alto end, at least to me. It'll give her time to fill her super move meter charge.[/QUOTE]

You are the one it seems, look at others post and reaction... they didn't like it and are concerned with the fact that Ranka once again took the " good role" unlike sheryl...
It's disturbing for me(concerning sheryl) but we will see how sheryl will react after alto will look for ranka

[/QUOTE]Personally if I have to go by the basis of interactions and gowth for the characters, Sheryl wins hands down but if it goes by the usual anime trend of equating desire to protect with love (which is boring, predictale, unreal & ridiculous IMO) then only then ranka gets the upperhand.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the character design of Ranka which is really original but other than that the interaction between Ranka and Alto are more developped than with sheryl Which is a fact even if some here do not want to realize it.
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 19:31   Link #94
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post

You are really but really unfair here.
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ?! It's not because she broke in your Sheryl and Alto scene that she became an evil.
I bet you didn't even loved her once ( or appreciate because love seems unreasonable here).
Just because she appeared at the wrong time and we all know what is the meaning of a alto running after her(= AltoxRanka pair more and more likely) just because of that you are all repeled and say she disappointed you? What is that joke seriously ?

Love Ranka? Of course not. Did you see what I wrote? I said my usual "ambivalence". That is what I usually feel towards Ranka. I usually neither like nor dislike Ranka herself as a character. And no I am not being unfair. Notice I said my opinion of her has gone down in the last couple of episodes (particularly 17- 19). She has constantly needed Alto in order to make decisions. She can't seem to make major decisions on her own. To me she has taken a huge step backward. And do I think she is annoying for interrupting Sheryl and Alto? Yes. *shrugs* But that's hardly the sole thing I am basing my opinion on. I am allowed to feel whatever I like for a particular character.

Sheryl is vulnerable right now (with good reason) and does want to see Alto. But do you see her hanging on to him and depending on him to make major life decisions for herself? No. She doesn't need him to confirm anything for her. She is making her own choice....whether it's the right one is another story...


Quote:
All the" Ranka dies" or "i agree with the many of you who don't really care what happens to Ranka. i just find her so annoying for some reason" reflects prefectly how people here can't make the diference between a fact and a desire.
You should seriously asks yourself how you didn't see it coming ( that Ranka had equal chances to end with Alto like Sheryl)you didn't. You only had eyes for your Sheryl QUEEN, it's so impossible for you that Ranka can also win against sheryl.....
Anyone who has read my posts knows I am constantly saying that I see a RankaxAlto ending. Doesn't matter that I'm a Sheryl fan, I base my opinion on the facts before me. Episode 18 gave Sheryl a better chance, but I still think it leans more towards a Ranka ending at the moment. Maybe that'll change with episode 22. Maybe not. I guess we'll see.


edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
I read all the post and i suggest you to do the same...." please die Ranka" or "annoying character", " SHERYL IS OUR QUEEN so she will win... do not dare to doubt..." Where is the logical in this ? If you consider this been discussed logically and sensibly before well you' are quite a fair fan....
I think (though I'm not 100% positive) he/she is talking about previous posts in this forum, not this thread. If you go to the Romance thread or the character threads you will see everyone's explanations for why they feel the way they do.
__________________

Last edited by zalem; 2008-08-14 at 19:53.
zalem is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 19:31   Link #95
Teletha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall
what is childish for me is how they painted her character. What's with these arms?
I see why people hate the fact that a lean girl can win the guy's heart at the end with her always saying " alto-kun....." it kind of bother me too but selfish? The one who is selfish here is Sheryl. What did she talk about her dying to Michail and Klan and not Alto ? To fear he stays with her out of pity ? Yes so she thinks first to her and after to Alto, she fears he doesn't like her so she prefers to keep it for herself this is kind childish too...
How she is drawn has nothing to do with it. See Klan. Her actions are more what makes her seem like a child. Basing her whole career and these huge dreams she is supposed to have on what amounts to a high school crush is childish. It's also pretty demeaning towards women, but I guess I won't get into that. How am I supposed to respect a character who does everything for a guy? I mean seriously? She also again forgets Sheryl's influence on her.

She was selfish for blowing off her commitments to her fans and Frontier during the parade. Sure, she didn't want to do it but she should have. Instead she went on a date with Brera and ate ice cream. She is the savior to those people and she should have been there. I'd say she is also self centered for automatically thinking what Alto was doing was for her. Though I guess it's easy to misunderstand... if you are Ranka.

I'd say Sheryl is keeping everything to herself (and not telling Alto) because she doesn't want to burden or worry him. If anything her sin here is her pride and that she doesn't want Alto to see her as weak.

Quote:
You are pissed because she goes into the lead in the love triangle and Sheryl is left behind now because the only way she can approch Alto is because of her illness. Alto will obviously chase after Ranka out of guilty but she will go with Brera ... Then will start the rivalry between Alto and Brera with a unrequited love for Sheryl. This is what I think after reading Nakamura sentence :the Sheryl x Alto end the most popular seems unlikely to happen because it will not be surprising.
Yeah, not really. Thanks for trying to analyze me though. If anything this episode just again drove home the fact that Ranka needs to grow up and stand on her own. I'm actually pissed a somewhat likable character, if childish, is even after 19 episodes doing everything for one person alone.

ETA : I just realized not everyone actually knows the dialogue of the episode yet, and I was assuming they did. Sorry.

Last edited by Teletha; 2008-08-14 at 20:00.
Teletha is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 20:10   Link #96
Dash_Hunter
Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post

She don't want to burden him but it's right with Mikhail or Klan...
OK I don't know how to call it then ...
Sorry but itīs different, Mikhail and Klan found out themselves about Sherylīs sickness because Mikhail got suspicious about the pill. Itīs not like Sheryl went to them saying "please Mikhail, Klan help me iīm sick"

Now that they know she does not want anyone else to find out because she does not want to be a burden, thatīs why she asked Mikhail not to tell Alto..
Dash_Hunter is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 20:14   Link #97
aneeshadc
Junior member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
She don't want to burden him but it's right with Mikhail or Klan...
OK I don't know how to call it then ...



I'm not sure what you mean eactly......but if u're saying that she doesnt want to burden alto but its okay to burden Michael and klan....then i think u're misintrepreting that scene. Sheryl wasnt he one who told klan & Michael about her illness: THEY FOUND OUT. She even tries to comfort them by telling them that she's Sheryl Nome , she'll be fine when she's the one who needed comfort.
You are the one it seems, look at others post and reaction... they didn't like it and are concerned with the fact that Ranka once again took the " good role" unlike sheryl...
It's disturbing for me(concerning sheryl) but we will see how sheryl will react after alto will look for ranka
Ya I'm worried about that too....I'm hoping that she's the one who pushes alto to ranka so that eventually he comes back to her....but I dont know it could go either way.


[/QUOTE] I agree with the character design of Ranka which is really original but other than that the interaction between Ranka and Alto are more developped than with sheryl Which is a fact even if some here do not want to realize it.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here cause i dont feel ranka/alto is as developed as Sheryl/Alto.
aneeshadc is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 20:18   Link #98
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Seifall

I've decided to reply to you in the romance thread here. Welcome to the forums!
cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 20:18   Link #99
Seifall
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Love Ranka? Of course not. Did you see what I wrote? I said my usual "ambivalence". That is what I usually feel towards Ranka. I usually neither like nor dislike Ranka herself as a character. And no I am not being unfair. Notice I said my opinion of her has gone down in the last couple of episodes (particularly 17- 19). She has constantly needed Alto in order to make decisions. She can't seem to make major decisions on her own. To me she has taken a huge step backward. And do I think she is annoying for interrupting Sheryl and Alto? Yes. *shrugs* But that's hardly the sole thing I am basing my opinion on. I am allowed to feel whatever I like for a particular character.

Sheryl is vulnerable right now (with good reason) and does want to see Alto. But do you see her hanging on to him and depending on him to make major life decisions for herself? No. She doesn't need him to confirm anything for her. She is making her own choice....whether it's the right one is another story...
I know, I saw your post about how disturbing this event in this episode is for sheryl.
But looks like she became the evil in person in just one episode because she appeared when she shouldn't This is what I read on the post of the major part of people here using the argument" well I liked her before but now she is a pest" And I didn't see her kill anyone nor insult sheryl she just came that's all what's the use of make a big deal of that ?


[/QUOTE] Anyone who has read my posts knows I am constantly saying that I see a RankaxAlto ending. Doesn't matter that I'm a Sheryl fan, I base my opinion on the facts before me. Episode 18 gave Sheryl a better chance, but I still think it leans more towards a Ranka ending at the moment. Maybe that'll change with episode 22. Maybe not. I guess we'll see .[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
How she is drawn has nothing to do with it. See Klan. Her actions are more what makes her seem like a child. Basing her whole career and these huge dreams she is supposed to have on what amounts to a high school crush is childish. It's also pretty demeaning towards women, but I guess I won't get into that. How am I supposed to respect a character who does everything for a guy? I mean seriously? She also again forgets Sheryl's influence on her.
Klan is more mature than Ranka sure, but she can macronized herself too...
Ok she is kind of childish when she says Alto kun all the time or jumps at him like a school girl but I can tell you that because she is so blinded by her love for alto she save him and Sheryl ... OK her intention was more to save Alto because she was worried but everything for a guy? Why did she start to sing ? This is not for alto but because he gives her his support....
Why sheryl was singing ? To give hopes and dreams to her fan ? So why did she transfer to his school? Why taking Pilot course too? This is too easy... they both are trying to make a diference so try to do something with Alto, not only Ranka.
Seriously Ranka isn't making everything for alto now but yes before she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
She was selfish for blowing off her commitments to her fans and Frontier during the parade. Sure, she didn't want to do it but she should have. Instead she went on a date with Brera and ate ice cream. She is the savior to those people and she should have been there. I'd say she is also self centered for automatically thinking what Alto was doing was for her. Though I guess it's easy to misunderstand... if you are Ranka.
This is the first time for her, it's not like she is the Galactic Fairy, all this attention, all this screen in the city with her image on, the presence of the president... she should have of course but she isn't confident in herself like Sheryl... Moreover, she is a shy girl, she isn't used to it ....she is the savior like you said.....they can't forced her to do do.........
i agree when you say she is also self centered for automatically thinking what Alto was doing was for her. Though I guess it's easy to misunderstand... if you are Ranka but just for the scene with the sky and Mikhail,Alto...
I knew she will think Alto loves her because he draw it in the sky and she did. But again, they make her like a not confident character, she must find with a reading glass to see Alto's concern for her.
That was ridiculous i admit it but Alto is so dense.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
I'd say Sheryl is keeping everything to herself (and not telling Alto) because she doesn't want to burden or worry him. If anything her sin here is her pride and that she doesn't want Alto to see her as weak.
She is dying and doesn't want to burden him ? ....why bothering other people then?
I find it a mean spirited when she did it. Why telling them for after saying " Do not tell Alto" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
Yeah, not really. Thanks for trying to analyze me though. If anything this episode just again drove home the fact that Ranka needs to grow up and stand on her own. I'm actually pissed a somewhat likable character, if childish, is even after 19 episodes doing everything for one person alone.
Well I didn't try to analyze you ... just to telll Ranka is not that childish compared to Luca by example.... After this episode you will see a Ranka who will face the reality: She needs to stop thinking Alto might like her but let him.. If he doesn't come back she has stll the humanity to save Each his own.
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-08-14, 20:20   Link #100
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Sorry,I'm not used to the the shakespeare language I should write it in chinese or japanese then ?
You can write in Japanese. But many non-Japanese speaking fans here will not understand either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Have you read my post ?

I read all the post and i suggest you to do the same...." please die Ranka" or "annoying character", " SHERYL IS OUR QUEEN so she will win... do not dare to doubt..." Where is the logical in this ? If you consider this been discussed logically and sensibly before well you' are quite a fair fan....
There are more than this thread in the Macross Frontier forum. I suggest you go to the romance thread for a biopsy of the SherylxAltoxRanka relationship and the Ranka character thread for discussion on why Ranka's behavior failed us. It might take you a few days to get a good understanding though. Good luck!


Back to Macross...yet again the triangle is unresolved--hence the episode title. I still have hopes for Sheryl. Just because she's willful and independent, doesn't mean she should end up without the guy she loves.

6 days 15 hours longer for another dosage.
MaiHikari is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.