AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-21, 20:51   Link #121
mpt37

My favorite part from ep. 3 was Koume's "HUH?" reaction to when that guy tells her he's disappointed he can't see her face because she's the wearing the catchers mask. I guess since Kouma's already constantly blushing there's nothing anyone can say to embarrass her.

Also, I just noticed on my 2nd watch that after Shizuka and Noriko get beaned by Tomoe, they're still sitting by home plate recovering when Tamaki's batting.
Old 2009-07-21, 21:12   Link #122
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
My favorite part from ep. 3 was Koume's "HUH?" reaction to when that guy tells her he's disappointed he can't see her face because she's the wearing the catchers mask. I guess since Kouma's already constantly blushing there's nothing anyone can say to embarrass her.

Also, I just noticed on my 2nd watch that after Shizuka and Noriko get beaned by Tomoe, they're still sitting by home plate recovering when Tamaki's batting.
Good spotting there, now i feel sorry for Shizuka and Noriko D:
Kyouko is such a good kouhai... and much cuter than i expected. Thought she was the "shameless airhead" type when they introduce her ( well now i remember that she was chasing after the butterfly in Ep 1, wasn't she?).

When rewatch Ep 3, just realised that the BGM of this series actually really good. I really like the part when they reconstruct the club rooms (and it's funny seeing Tomoe>>Shizuka>>Kyouko in term of strength, and Koume >>>>> Akiko). It's also funny how Tomoe try to show off in front of Koume; and Shizuka was like "Yeah, yeah, that's enough. Stop put anymore shameful acts in front of your twin sister!!!"

On a different topic.... I like the way Koume and Akiko exchange letters in ep 1. I don't know why, but it's kind of cute/interesting to see they express their feelings and gratitude to each other through that.....

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-07-21 at 21:23.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 22:38   Link #123
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
On a different topic.... I like the way Koume and Akiko exchange letters in ep 1. I don't know why, but it's kind of cute/interesting to see they express their feelings and gratitude to each other through that.....
Well, they didn't have the newfangled internet nor did they have text messaging, so paper's where it was at.

Quote:
Kyouko is such a good kouhai... and much cuter than i expected
Lol, resident forehead girl. Sucks that she'll be beating herself up in the next ep, but I guess we'll get a look at her background in the process.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 22:41   Link #124
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I wonder if they're going to switch and introduce softball for the first time? This should be interesting to see...
They can't - they'd have to change the name of the show .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post
I wonder if during that time period schools hired western teachers to indicate how progressive they were.
There's a practical reason as well - Anna is an English teacher, and as a native English speaker, she's bound to be better at accents and intonations than a Japanese teacher. Besides, I wouldn't imagine that there would be all that many good Japanese English-teachers in Japan at that time (it's not as if that number is all that big even now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
As for your males comment...whilst I don't "hate" seeing them, it definitely does not feel "right" to see them here and especially since it is a "female centred" series. But it doesn't seem like the guys are made to stand out anyway looking at their plain and forgettable facial features. Even if there are guys, they all look the same and are all background material
The male characters serve a similar role as the parents and the school administration: they are there to serve as a challenge to the girls ambitions as they are challenging the roles that have been assigned to them by Taishou Japan. Thus they might serve less as characters for the time being, and more as obstacles. While the messages are relatively subtle, the show is dishing out a fair bit of feminist sensibilities.
Old 2009-07-23, 15:21   Link #125
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep4:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 00:16   Link #126
Greenish Growth

Episode 4:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2009-07-24 at 01:11.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 00:51   Link #127
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

well won't comment on ep 4 till I've seen the subs but something that totally caught my attention is the preview for ep 5, all I can say is I was totally fascinated by the lasses in the uniforms, it kinda just flipped a switch and I just went *swoon*
Old 2009-07-24, 13:57   Link #128
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 11:16   Link #129
Midonin
Last Engage

Widescreen encodes of the show should start appearing this week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 19:58   Link #130
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Doremi fansubs have been up for a while lol.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 11:17   Link #131
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Isn't it great that the series keeps getting better and better with each episode? Nothing totally hilarious or totally awesome, but the flow of moods were great
I loves this series.....
Spoiler for Ep 4:

If they keeps up like this, i'm happy ^^

Edit1: Made some avatars for the 1st half, hope have more time to make some for the 2nd half as welll =X
Edit 2: moved to different folders so the link died, i will repost on next post....

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-07-27 at 05:56.
Old 2009-07-26, 16:44   Link #132
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I lol'd quite a bit when Tomoe embraced her like that.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 16:56   Link #133
Greenish Growth

Episode 4:

Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 06:12   Link #134
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Ok here are the EP 4(and some from Ep 2 that need reupdate links) avatars, free to take ^^

Spoiler for Ep 2:
Spoiler for Ep 4:

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-07-27 at 06:25.
Old 2009-07-27, 09:46   Link #135
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Is that taiyaki they're eating?

The guy training I guess as a chef under Koume's father seems like a wise and chipper fellow, heck I think he's a better match for Koume than that cheeky doofus of a baseball player.

A relatively tame episode but this episode made me really like Koume as a character. Sure she's no Mary Sue but she not a damsel in distress either. She's gives off an aura of a clumsy girl but in reality she's very sharp and wise for her age. She's got a positive attitude that goes along with her strong and caring personality. Even then she has a fun side to her.

You don't see lead females like this very often.

BTW is that the replacement girl in the preview? Anyone know her name and her VA?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 12:29   Link #136
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The guy training I guess as a chef under Koume's father seems like a wise and chipper fellow, heck I think he's a better match for Koume than that cheeky doofus of a baseball player.
Yeah, he's a pretty swell guy, though I like to maintain that the only dude in that era worthy of any of the gals is one Kuzunoha Raidou.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 19:17   Link #137
Oppius
Banned

Who is the missing girl in the late 4th episode?
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 20:05   Link #138
4Tran

Quote:
Is that taiyaki they're eating?
Yup. It's a newfangled pastry for the young'uns, and it'll never catch on .

Quote:
While the male characters in this show are conservative throwbacks who act as obstacles to the girl, I rather like them more than I do male characters in most anime.

Quote:
A relatively tame episode but this episode made me really like Koume as a character. Sure she's no Mary Sue but she not a damsel in distress either. She's gives off an aura of a clumsy girl but in reality she's very sharp and wise for her age. She's got a positive attitude that goes along with her strong and caring personality. Even then she has a fun side to her.

You don't see lead females like this very often.
You should watch more shoujo anime - characters like Koume are far more common there. The recent Skip Beat might be a good place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
Who is the missing girl in the late 4th episode?
It's Noriko - she's in the newspaper club along with Tomoe and Shizuka.
Old 2009-07-29, 13:47   Link #139
Secca
nya`
*Artist

"ara~" ^__^ That's my favorite phrase from now on.
Old 2009-07-29, 18:37   Link #140
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I've just realised why I seem to like Kyouko so much...it's her forehead and antenna MOE design

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, japan, seinen