AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 294 62.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 93 19.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 8.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 4.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.21%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.21%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.21%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 1.71%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-17, 21:26   Link #781
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Um, what information was edited? Everything Schneizel said was true and Ougi came in and even backed it up. That was enough to convince them. They all still wanted to trust in Zero, but they knew they couldn't. So they turned on him. It was a hard choice, but they saw that it had to be done. Everyone was PISSED too. Especially Tamaki, Ougi, and Deithard.
I would say some information in the conversation was withheld. They should've asked to hear everything from start to finish. Telling half-truths seems a bit effective to sway others in certain directions.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:27   Link #782
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

This was a great episode with Rolo's death and now Lelouch is changing but still I just felt that it was rushed. At this point of both season one and two gave me this messy feeling and I couldn't really enjoy it despite being really good. Anyhow with Lelouch losing everything, his friend Suzaku(though I suppose he lost him long time ago but still the tiny bit of trust that was left is gone), lost his sister, and basically lost his whole army in one day must be really tough on him though he did pretty much deserve it. He really should have try to built trust with his men but he never did that and it really cost him. Now for Suzaku I suppose he will also change after that many killing innocent people. But both really lost almost any hope to live on, though Lelouch's only goal left is face with Charles, then what? End of Code Geass? Because that would be one shitty ending. I would expect something to happen like Nunally's return. And I also expect Lelouch to go back to Order later on, since an epic battle must happen.
Old 2008-08-17, 21:29   Link #783
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Shit i just remembered when Rollo took Lelouch and escaped they freakin left C.C. behind. The only person who knows shes in the room is Kallen. This is going to get very interesting and oh i loved how Ougi was so quick to turn on Lelouch with happening to mention he was sleeping with a Britannian officer and even left the ship and his duties to go meet her
Old 2008-08-17, 21:29   Link #784
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Perhaps it's time we should just lay out the facts since people haven't watched the episode at all.

All Schenzeil did was hand them the evidence, plain and simple. He did not twist anything. He simply showed them what he had obtained through his own investigations just like any smart detective would do.
Oh, that's a load of bull.
He gave SOME evidences, while hiding ones that would have negative effect on his side of story (such as the Geass Cult incident, which Cornelia knows well about). On top of that, he manupilated some of the information to his advantage, without telling the whole truth. WITH the defendant absent. Without letting the other side of the story to be told (even though Lulu would probably not tell it), it's a witch hunt, not a fair court.

Deithart was the only one realizing the manupilation, but he was smart enough to realize he wouldn't be able to change the tide, and chose self preservation.

Like brother, like brother though. Lulu would have used similar tactics to sway opinions to his side too.
Schneizel is simply better at it, what all with lack of remorse or hesitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
I would say some information in the conversation was withheld. They should've asked to hear everything from start to finish. Telling half-truths seems a bit effective to sway others in certain directions.
Precisely.
Old 2008-08-17, 21:30   Link #785
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
best part about that was that Katase wasn't even Geassed.
Remember, it was still thought by many that it was suicide. They said they were the SUSPECTED people to be Geassed. Not that they all were.

Quote:
*sigh* Schniezel's group and the Black Knights are nothing more than a bunch of insects who have confused themselves for actual players in this little game. The only two people who really matter right now are Lelouch and Charles, (with Suzaku having a possibility of joining too) since quite simply no one else understands what's really going on here, nor any real concept of just how powerful the geass really are. Any of the others overstep their bounds much more, and they're going to be ripped apart.

I think you are underestimating Schneizel actually... He has a huge roll to play. Heck, I think he is a key component to all events that will happen from this moment on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor
They didn't leave anything out actually. The whole conversation that was withheld from the was about Shirley and that wasn't important to the thing at hand at all. The only other thing the left out was the "Live" Geass on Suzaku, which also wouldnn't be important to the discussion at hand unless they think Suzaku shot FLEIJA due to it. There were no half truths with their information. Everything that was presented was what they had. They didn't alter anything at all or try to hide anything.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:31   Link #786
lightbringer
M9000

The crowning moment was the "even I myself might be under influence of Geass... it shocks me to think of it" line. Really objective there, Schneizel
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:31   Link #787
scifijimmy

I not even totally sure Lelouch knows what is going on. I'm still waiting for what Charles is going to do next concerning Ragnarok.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:33   Link #788
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Oh, that's a load of bull.
He gave SOME evidences, while hiding ones that would have negative effect on his side of story (such as the Geass Cult incident, which Cornelia knows well about). WITH the defendant absent. Without letting the other side of the story to be told (even though Lulu would probably not tell it), it's a witch hunt, not a fair court.
Oh question for you.

Is the Geass cult relevant to the discussion? Schenzeil may have been told about Lelouch massacring there but the Black Knights aside from Toudo know nothing of it and it was never brought up. That's the only evidence I can think of but I can't see how it would help either him nor Lelouch.

And since when was it a court? I didn't see any judge there.

Quote:
Deithart was the only one realizing the manupilation, but he was smart enough to realize he wouldn't be able to change the tide, and chose self preservation.
Apparently you missed the part where I stated firmly that "Zero not being present did not help" ANd the fact that Lelouch was running around with his own operations and even disregarding his own troops during the battle didn't help either. Toudo was already beginning to suspect Zero.

But then the whole argument would then go with Zero geassing everyone there to kill themselves.

And the part where Ougi confessed as well. That's what set the nail in the coffin. They all defended Zero until he broke. If Sayaoko had killed him prior to this they'd still be arguing left and right.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:33   Link #789
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The title of the next episode apparently is "is not fit to be king" i think thats what it was. Anyone have a theory on this even though episode titles dont always match up with the episodes themselves
Old 2008-08-17, 21:33   Link #790
TLeo198

Great episode all around! Never really liked Rolo much before, but I now see him in a new light after this episode. Too bad he's not coming back though.... Anyway, now that everything is out in the open, all that's really left is the final battle setup then the actual final battle it seems. This might be a cliche kind of setting, but I can kinda see Lelouch making another group that battles both OotBK and Britannia. Lelouch's side would consist of C.C., Kallen, (almost positive), Suzaku, Gino, and Anya (huge maybes). Then again, that kind of setup would seem too fan-service-y, right? In any case, can't wait for next week's episode!
TLeo198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:36   Link #791
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Oh question for you.

Is the Geass cult relevant to the discussion? Schenzeil may have been told about Lelouch massacring there but the Black Knights aside from Toudo know nothing of it and it was never brought up. That's the only evidence I can think of but I can't see how it would help either him nor Lelouch.
Yes, it is VERY relavant to the discussion.
They acted as if Geass is a mysterious evil power, but infact (even though it was unknown to him) it IS a facility and research by the Britannian side. By hiding it from the OoBK, the negative impression of geass associated with Britannia was kept away from them, making it easy to sway the opinions.
Old 2008-08-17, 21:36   Link #792
NextTime

Quote:
Oh question for you.

And since when was it a court? I didn't see any judge there.

Apparently you missed the part where I stated firmly that "Zero not being present did not help"

But then the whole argument would then go with Zero geassing everyone there to kill themselves.

And the part where Ougi confessed as well. That's what set the nail in the coffin. They all defended Zero until he broke. If Sayaoko had killed him prior to this they'd still be arguing left and right.
Great for them to trust Ougi, who has his own trust issues with a Britannian Baroness, no less... and then shoot Zero on the spot.

Un-for-giv-ab-le.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:38   Link #793
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
They acted as if Geass is a mysterious evil power, but infact (even though it was unknown to him) it IS a facility and research by the Britannian side. By hiding it from the OoBK, the negative impression of geass associated with Britannia was kept away from them, making it easy to sway the opinions.
Oh for the love of.

"Zero has a Geass power that allows him to control people? THAT'S SO COOL!"

Not exact words but something similar.

And I still don't see how it's very relevant. The knights didn't know about it and what point of it would serve Schenzeil or anyone?

"Oh by the way Lelouch went in and massacred a facility that researched Geass."

"Were they unarmed?"

"Yes."

End of story. It doesn't change the fact that the people in there were unarmed.

If I recall correctly the facility was run by the cult and the only association they had was with Charles himself and even Schenzeil is against him on that.

I think your getting something confused.

Geass is a power. The knights had no problems with that. What your pointing out is the cult which is an entirely different side of a story.

Quote:
Great for them to trust Ougi, who has his own trust issues with a Britannian Baroness, no less... and then shoot Zero on the spot.

Un-for-giv-ab-le.
Finally someone understands.

It's Ougi to blame for this turn of events. I still find his "hatred" a little weird.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:40   Link #794
prototype_sky

Quote:
But their base was in China?
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:41   Link #795
NextTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Shit i just remembered when Rollo took Lelouch and escaped they freakin left C.C. behind. The only person who knows shes in the room is Kallen.
When they left C.C. somehow knew it. I have a feeling she will be involved in the next ep.

My dream scenario is:
Kallen remembers C.C. is there and goes to talk to her, maybe to see if she can try to learn anything --> C.C. says some nice things about Lelouch's character --> ???? ?? --> Kallen steals the Guren and goes to find Lelouch with C.C.
Old 2008-08-17, 21:41   Link #796
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTime View Post

Un-for-giv-ab-le.
Yeah, that was sort of bogus. I mean basically what happens is that Schneizel shows up and says "your leader is a Britannian prince who has a crazy mind control power that no one has ever heard of." I'm sort of surprised they just didn't throw him out right there.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:41   Link #797
sb075

Spoiler for Nunnally and Sayoko:
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:41   Link #798
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero

Send a message via MSN to leechbox
sorry to interupt...

but i got some stuff to say and ask

1. Why the hell would the BK belive an enemy so quickly, and a voice as proof...wow

2. Wtf is lulu going to do now...

3. can i get some spoilers if there are any for ep 20 thx

btw

Quote:
i want to know if you're still our ally.

who could that be? i know its a girl though...
leechbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:42   Link #799
NextTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by leechbox View Post
sorry to interupt...

but i got some stuff to say and ask

1. Why the hell would the BK belive an enemy so quickly, and a voice as proof...wow
Of all people, Tamaki was the only one smart enough to doubt them. That makes the rest of them dumb asses.
Old 2008-08-17, 21:42   Link #800
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Spoiler for Nunnally and Sayoko:
Yeah, but we won't fall for their Jedi mindtricks will we?
Considering that the Emperor was stationed RIGHT AT freaking KAMINEJIMA of all places, when the blast went off.