AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 294 62.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 93 19.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 8.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 4.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.21%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.21%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.21%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 1.71%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-17, 22:15   Link #861
Major1138
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Just give it up and let them think whatever falsehood that they read on whatever lulz themed blog or forum that they want to believe. It's been pretty evident to me for a while now that some people either don't understand this shows working narrative, don't want to understand it or just plain haven't even watched the episodes they spout off about yet so there's no point in trying to explain it. I've been trying to explain things about this show through my blog for 18 episodes now and met with nothing more then stubborn blockheaded and closedmindedness.

Hell I even tried explaining this very simple and completely easy to follow diplomacy/peace talks scenario and people just completely ignored me and went on complaining. Nothing ever changes as far as the typical complaining and blowing scenes way out of proportion for lulz goes. Some people have just convinced themselves of the idea that the series makes no sense so that they can lulz about it and yet some other people are just taking a sour grapes attitude like Orga777 suggested so there's no point in continuing. They aren't worth convincing anyway. Just let it go.....try once then let it go. I suggest this solution to everybody who watched the scene and got it. It doesn't mean we are wrong, it just means we aren't playing their game anymore.
I understand exactly what happened. Schneizel and company played their hand brilliantly. Everything the presented was either the truth (Zero is Lelouch vi Britannia) or actually happened (the recording of Suzaku & Lelouch is genuine, and not falsified). The implication is Schneizel makes is that Lelouch has been controlling them with his Geass and that they're all just pawns in some crazy game of his. On top of that, the moment which galvanized the Black Knights and the people of Japan, the massacre at the SAZ, turns out to have been engineered by Lelouch. I'm not too surprised they would be willing to betray him at that point.

What I don't really understand is why they would believe Schneizel and his evidence in the first place. His claims are ludicrous - Zero is actually a Prince of Britannia with mind control powers. I would have thrown him off the Ikaruga at that point. But even if I decided to humour him, its not as though he presents iron-clad evidence. Zero is a prince because I say so? He's got a crazy mind control power because I say so and can present some files and a recording (which could be fake)? Come on. Even if you say that Schneizel is exploiting the mistrust that has been slowly building up around Zero (which he is - and it works), I find it hard to believe that they *all* would be so willing to make a deal. Even if you grant that the Japanese members would be pissed about finding out Zero is responsible for Euphemia's massacre, I'm still not sure why Diethard even gives a crap - his initial defense of Zero still makes perfect sense - "your claims are bullshit, but even if they aren't, I don't care because Zero gets results"

Now obviously the story has to advance, so I'll just file it under "the show must go on", but it's ridiculous to think that the plotting is airtight and that anyone questioning it is some deluded fanboy.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:16   Link #862
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Nina wanted it attached. Suzaku could have said no.
Suzaku's not that bright.

He figured if he didn't take it, someone else would....which of course ignores the fact that obviously he has no choice but to live, even if it means killing 35 million people, and the fact that Schneizel can make more that can be given to other pilots. so yeah, Suzaku's not that bright.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:16   Link #863
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
You are right actually. Why do you think everyone sees parallels between Charles and Lelouch? But Schneizel is WAY too different from them. He doesn't play by their rules. He has a set of his own.


I don't think Schneizel is behind it at all actually. Eventually he will be Geassed into talking (just as Clovis and Cornelia were) he may KNOW more than the others, but he may not be behind it (hell, that may be why he doesn't like his father for all we know.)
That's assuming if we'll ever find the truth about it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:16   Link #864
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by leechbox View Post
Some spoilers so watch out, but you've already seen everything, so its not really a spoiler...

So basically he loses everything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Welcome to the discussion thread for Code Geass R2, Episode 19.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Note that because Code Geass is licensed, the following apply as well:
  • Asking where you can find Code Geass downloads.
  • Providing links to Code Geass downloads.
  • Discussing Code Geass fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Code Geass.
  • Asking for playback help for Code Geass episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
New additional guideline for spoilers:
Anyone who posts spoilers that should not be posted outside of the spoiler thread will be granted a very special 1 day ban infraction.
Any repeated case will grant the usual "spoiler infraction" which will result into the 3 days ban.
.................................
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:16   Link #865
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Suzaku's not that bright.

He figured if he didn't take it, someone else would....which of course ignores the fact that obviously he has no choice but to live, even if it means killing 35 million people, and the fact that Schneizel can make more that can be given to other pilots. so yeah, Suzaku's not that bright.
We can agree on that.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:16   Link #866
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I simply stated that Ougi broke the deadlock between the two and that Zero's presence wasn't there which didn't help him.

That much you can agree no?
He's attitude of "everyone who don't agree with me, you're a moron" isn't exactly gonna earn respect.

Anyways, yes, Ougi being the final tip-over I agree with.
But I do think Schneizel is manupilative, and unfair, which you disagree with.

Schneizel is slowly showing his antagonist nature, IMO.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:19   Link #867
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada (COLD)
Send a message via MSN to leechbox
Sorry, i removed the spoilers ASAP, so its gone now. Sorry!!!
leechbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:19   Link #868
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
If he brings in Zero/Lelouch? I wouldn't see why not. And since I see him going against his father any way he can, he would do it. And I don't think the Emperor will care. He has other plans.
That's true, but I was more wondering on the lines of does Schneizel have the authority to do that without going to the Emperor first. At the end of the day though Charles is basically hovering over the basically giant button of win for him.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:19   Link #869
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He's attitude of "everyone who don't agree with me, you're a moron" isn't exactly gonna earn respect.

Anyways, yes, Ougi being the final tip-over I agree with.
But I do think Schneizel is manupilative, and unfair, which you disagree with.

Schneizel is slowly showing his antagonist nature, IMO.
Well like I said, even if Zero was there he would just geass everyone so that wouldn't be fair.

The most fairest would be to take them to some isolated area, give them the evidence, then lock up Zero in a box with a intercom on it there and question him from there.

But we don't have time for that now do we?

And like I said, first time Kallen learned the truth she ran away and it took awhile for her to trust him again.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:21   Link #870
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It's extremely difficult however and I doubt anyone would have the time to decipher it all.

Though the fact remains that Ougi pointed it out before Schenzeil brough the evidence forth.

Even then, it doesn't change the fact that Lelouch DID geassed Euphie to massacre the japanese and that in itself is the truth.



Unfair?

That's probably as fair as you would get as the moment Zero steps into that room all he has to do is geass everyone to commit suicide.

That and the knights were trying to get a hold of him but couldn't.
Actually the geass on Euphie went off by itself. It was an accident, Lelouch did not wanted that to happen. But since it happen he had to rided and use it to his advantage. Only person that knows it was an accident was CC
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:22   Link #871
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
They don't know how his Geass works. He could control them all as far as they know.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:22   Link #872
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That's assuming if we'll ever find the truth about it.
That is too important to ignore. It was the major cause of the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
Anyways, yes, Ougi being the final tip-over I agree with.
But I do think Schneizel is manupilative, and unfair, which you disagree with.

Schneizel is slowly showing his antagonist nature, IMO.
I don't think that is being fair to Schneizel though. He had all his information and nothing was lied about either. We the audience know everything that happened, but the characters don't. What Schneizel had he thinks is all true information and the recording is just the tip of it all.

And he is an antagonist... to Lelouch anyway.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:22   Link #873
Sports72Xtrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Suzaku's not that bright.

He figured if he didn't take it, someone else would....which of course ignores the fact that obviously he has no choice but to live, even if it means killing 35 million people, and the fact that Schneizel can make more that can be given to other pilots. so yeah, Suzaku's not that bright.
Well I think he could have atleast saved the people at the one battle sort of a live to fight another day sort of thing.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:22   Link #874
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And like I said, first time Kallen learned the truth she ran away and it took awhile for her to trust him again.
Which I was kind of dissapointed in her a bit... I would have expected her to learn how Lulu thinks and act by now. If it wasn't for his last words, she may have misunderstood his action forever.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:23   Link #875
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Actually the geass coomand used on Euphie went off by itself. It was an accident, Lelouch did not wanted that to happen. But since it happen he had to rided and use it to his advantage. Only person that knows it was an accident was CC
That's equivalent to a man confessing he slept with another woman and argued that he was drunk

"Yes I geassed Euphie but it was an accident."

"How?"

"My geass got out of control."

"really? "

"Well I kinda made a joke about killing japanese people..."

.........................<..<'

The argument would then be to draw and quarter him and hang him up to dry as his Geass is a dangerous weapon that could accidently cause another "accident"
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:25   Link #876
dee32
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SC
I wish Kallen and Jerimah were at the meeting at least they would have spoke up for Zero and presented his side of the story. Tho I doubt they would have been believed. Schniezel just would have said that they are under the effects of Zero's geass.
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:26   Link #877
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That's equivalent to a man confessing he slept with another woman and argued that he was drunk

"Yes I geassed Euphie but it was an accident."

"How?"

"My geass got out of control."

"really? "

"Well I kinda made a joke about killing japanese people..."

.........................<..<'

The argument would then be to draw and quarter him and hang him up to dry as his Geass is a dangerous weapon that could accidently cause another "accident"
Well, Lelouch isn't one to make excuses for his actions anyway. it was his fault, nothing can change that.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:26   Link #878
defrule
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
I wish Kallen and Jerimah were at the meeting at least they would have spoke up for Zero and presented his side of the story. Tho I doubt they would have been believed. Schniezel just would have said that they are under the effects of Zero's geass.
I R Geass Canceller!
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:26   Link #879
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
I wish Kallen and Jerimah were at the meeting at least they would have spoke up for Zero and presented his side of the story. Tho I doubt they would have been believed. Schniezel just would have said that they are under the effects of Zero's geass.
Again it wouldn't do any good.

The tipping point was the massacre, simple as that. The rest the knights defended against but not the massacre.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:26   Link #880
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
I wish Kallen and Jerimah were at the meeting at least they would have spoke up for Zero and presented his side of the story. Tho I doubt they would have been believed. Schniezel just would have said that they are under the effects of Zero's geass.
He'll just say he has Geass canceler lol.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.