AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 294 62.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 93 19.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 8.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 4.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.21%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.21%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.21%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 1.71%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-20, 15:55   Link #1561
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im actually surprised that i have not see that many people upset over Nunnally and Sayoko's death. I have seen a few but not many which is curious because sometime ago people were all up in arms over the possibility that Nunnally might get knocked off.
__________________
Sinestra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:08   Link #1562
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
a) If kallen pretned to be captured, then it would have work... especially since she is willing to die for her anyway.
b) I never say it will have to succeed. look what Light ended up as.
Taking her hostage risks getting her killed. Taking all the blame puts her away from harm.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:10   Link #1563
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im actually surprised that i have not see that many people upset over Nunnally and Sayoko's death. I have seen a few but not many which is curious because sometime ago people were all up in arms over the possibility that Nunnally might get knocked off.
Because I don't think Nunnally is dead...CG is too much of a soopa melodramatic show not to deal with Nunnally's death better than that...Maybe she used her geass ;/...

Oh and Sinestra, you seriously need a new avatar...Although Guren's boobs blink much nicer on yours...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:17   Link #1564
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Because I don't think Nunnally is dead...CG is too much of a soopa melodramatic show not to deal with Nunnally's death better than that...Maybe she used her geass ;/...

Oh and Sinestra, you seriously need a new avatar...Although Guren's boobs blink much nicer on yours...
Everyone said the same thing about Rolo's murdering Shirley... and look how that turned out.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:22   Link #1565
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Everyone said the same thing about Rolo's murdering Shirley... and look how that turned out.
So...

Everyone doesn't know everything...Besides that situation was a bit different given Shirley emphasis on the plot...Nunally is a critical character to the overall plot of the show unlike Shirley...Hey if they let it slide like this, then that is what it is, but I'm not ready to bury her just yet...I mean in a show where the writers sprinkle plot-twist all over their morning cereal I can't just count that out...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:27   Link #1566
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
The official site has declared Nunnally, Romeyer, Sayoko, Guilford, and Asahina as dead. They are dead and gone. Accept it.

Any future appearance of Nunnally will either be a flashback or a Newtype Moment-esque out of body experience.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:46   Link #1567
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
People keep bringing up the official site this the official site that....My opinion on that is what are they gonna do spoil the show by saying hey she's not actually dead so just ignore th plot from now on kinda thing. Like i said earlier nunnally getting blown up without speaking to lelouch or any kind of direct ending for her just going out with a bunch of secondary character just doesnt add up to me sorry
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:53   Link #1568
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The official site has declared Nunnally, Romeyer, Sayoko, Guilford, and Asahina as dead. They are dead and gone. Accept it.

Any future appearance of Nunnally will either be a flashback or a Newtype Moment-esque out of body experience.
No biggy...I'll believe it when I see it...What's wrong with that? If she's dead, she's dead *shrugs shoulders*...My anime-intuition has been known to be wrong about 1% of the time^^...Nevertheless, until we see the series' end the possibility still remains based on the lack of a glorifying death scene (And Sunrise really loves to wh()re death scenes for the most part)...
__________________
Fly since ...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-08-20 at 17:08. Reason: 2 redwords :eek:!!
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:54   Link #1569
soto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Maybe since Nunnally's death is so unlikely, the writers decided to declare her dead on the official site just to throw us off. After all, I'm more than certain that the majority of code geass fans didn't believe that Nunnally would meet such an end when considering how many times a character has miraculously come back after supposedly dying in an anime.
soto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:23   Link #1570
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
She is dead.. But her spirit is not dead. Perhaps that's the only screen time she'll get in the World of C.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:25   Link #1571
ichigobankai
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Too bad it is coming to an end. This was one of the best series out there. I can't shake the feeling that the end is pretty close. 2, 3 more episodes maybe? Any official number for this season episodes?
ichigobankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:26   Link #1572
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
That's beginning to be annoying all this talk about "nunnaly isn't dead".
Seriously there is no point in repeating the same thing over and over again.
Every time I come on this forum all I read is this... I don't mean to be rude here... but just don't talk about that anymore! (At least till the time we saw Nunnaly alive in episode 34 ( ehem) ... and at that moment come and tell "you see you see i was telling the truth back then".)

But now there is absolutely NO POINT in talking about that!
Just cut it out already!
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:26   Link #1573
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigobankai View Post
Too bad it is coming to an end. This was one of the best series out there. I can't shake the feeling that the end is pretty close. 2, 3 more episodes maybe? Any official number for this season episodes?
25 episodes, same as last time. So there's 6 episodes left.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:26   Link #1574
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigobankai View Post
Too bad it is coming to an end. This was one of the best series out there. I can't shake the feeling that the end is pretty close. 2, 3 more episodes maybe? Any official number for this season episodes?
25. There's 6 more episodes before this comes to a close, so don't count it out yet.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:30   Link #1575
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Because I don't think Nunnally is dead...CG is too much of a soopa melodramatic show not to deal with Nunnally's death better than that...Maybe she used her geass ;/...

Oh and Sinestra, you seriously need a new avatar...Although Guren's boobs blink much nicer on yours...
Damn it i didnt notice you were using this one too and yes Gurren boobs look much better than mine lol

Im pretty much convinced that Nun Nun has gone the way of the Dinosaur. But it makes me think back to something the director said at the beginning of R2. He said Lelouch will have a happy ending, I cant see Lelouch having a happy ending without Nunnally. Oh well i admit i do want Sayoko back she was freakin cool and the only Ninja in the series meh the ones i like always die.

But to go along with Wingdarkness for a bit (god i hate to do so lol) but we all know the rule of anime deaths. If i dont see a body then that leaves a chance for a survival and a plot twist.
__________________
Sinestra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:32   Link #1576
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Damn it i didnt notice you were using this one too and yes Gurren boobs look much better than mine lol

Im pretty much convinced that Nun Nun has gone the way of the Dinosaur. But it makes me think back to something the director said at the beginning of R2. He said Lelouch will have a happy ending, I cant see Lelouch having a happy ending without Nunally. Oh well i admit i do want Sayoko back she was freakin cool and the only Ninja in the series meh the ones i like always die.
He doesn't necessarily have to have Nunnally to have a happy ending. Making the world better in her honor would likely be enough.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:33   Link #1577
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
Bring back the dead. Just go on a quest to find the 7 crystal balls and invoke Shenron... ehem!
That would be a pretty lame ending...
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:44   Link #1578
Jestersage
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Taking her hostage risks getting her killed. Taking all the blame puts her away from harm.
My original post was stating that he didn't do what Light would have done, which would have Lelouch denying everythign or even kidnapping her.

Then some other guy was asking how she could even be kidnap, considering Lelouch is the squishy wizard, and the one you responde to is how Lelouch would have done it.

But the whole point is that Lelouch =/= Light, and Lelouch would rather be killed by himself then to deny everything, put his friend in danger, or even try some desperate move to get rid of such danger. Instead he rather become a villian and face his detah bravely so his friend can be spare. And that's what makes him such a cool character.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:46   Link #1579
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
My original post was stating that he didn't do what Light would have done, which would have Lelouch denying everythign or even kidnapping her.

Then some other guy was asking how she could even be kidnap, considering Lelouch is the squishy wizard, and the one you responde to is how Lelouch would have done it.

But the whole point is that Lelouch =/= Light, and Lelouch would rather be killed by himself then to deny everything, put his friend in danger, or even try some desperate move to get rid of such danger. Instead he rather become a villian and face his detah bravely so his friend can be spare. And that's what makes him such a cool character.
My coment wasn't directed specifically at you, I understood your point. I simply remembered other people bringing up the idea and this was more me saying why such an option did not exist for Lelouch.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:59   Link #1580
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im actually surprised that i have not see that many people upset over Nunnally and Sayoko's death. I have seen a few but not many which is curious because sometime ago people were all up in arms over the possibility that Nunnally might get knocked off.
I don't because she really isn't notable. She's the embodiment of Lelouch's motivation, and I see her death as at most a plot device to that end. Her character isn't explored at all and she's very comparable to Shirley in many aspects. If anything, she's a very bland, textbook example of kindness, just as Shirley is one of complete innocence and collateral damage.

Of course, there's a good chance the writers are saving her revelations for last.

Also, please stop comparing Lelouch to Light. They share the same kind of idealism, but Light harbors no soft spot for literally anyone. Lelouch, on the other hand, did not have the maturity to think through with how he would manage the world he'd end up with.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.