AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-19, 00:51   Link #1
Matthoutx
Addicted

Send a message via Yahoo to Matthoutx
Exclamation Recommendations Please

Alright for a long time stopped watching anime because I got busy with school but since it has been summer ( although over now) I got back into it. I have found some new ones that have sparked my intrest but want to find more. I am putting a list of what I like and the ones I don't like to help people suggest better for me

Some of my favorites are:

Hellsing (I am obssesed with vampires and zombies they are my favorite)

Shin Chan ( who doesn't love this kid amusing and loved since I first started watching it)

Elfen Lied (Friend got me addicted to the whole series; now reading the manga, when she brought it over for all of our friends to watch; love it very dark and brooding and the emotional level is superb)

Hell Girl (I just picked this up, very intresting indeed something about asian horror has always been more appealing to me than American, no offense to anyone we do have some great movies but how many really disturb you like theirs?)

Blood: The Last Vampire (again vampire obssesion)

Blood " "

Bleach (Very intresting about being chosen to be a grim reaper)

My dislikes
Cowboy Bebop (Never really intrested me made me sleepy)

Full Metal Alchemist (Not that I don't like it just another series that never caught my attention)

I don't have too many dislikes alot I just don't know about
Old 2008-08-19, 00:59   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

naruto

deathnote

zombie loan
Old 2008-08-19, 06:11   Link #3
Arkuatic

nobody reads rules anymore;Give reasons not lists

anyways ill give a run down of potato's stuff

Naruto; though its similar to bleach in a way the story takes another path. Kid was hidden powers, bit of a loud kid, wants to be the best ninja out there, lotsa emotions as well as fillers(200+ episodes and ongoing

deathnote-if you had a notebook that can kill anyone if you have a mental picture and their name, what would you do? Yagami Light takes it upon himself to be the reaper of justice, and starts a war(wits war) with the infamous "L"

Zombie loan-somewhat dead yet alive students hunt illegal zombies(hard to explain) and get bounties for them--which they use to pay their debt to be alive again

Some other stuff since you're pretty much interested in blood and action

Berserk-guy with muscles, big sword, and bent on revenge with lotsa blood and action

Black Lagoon-Average guy gets kidnapped, his company denies his existence and abandons him, so he joins his kidnappers and venture into guns, violence, blood, and other stuff--though he doesn't get consumed by it he witnesses it

Darker than black-Guy works for a secret organization that hunts down dangerous contractors(not all but most are) and in the mean time searching for his lost sister

Gantz-a weird story where a guy breaks out or gets broken out of his ordinary lifestyle and gets killed. A system/machine called gantz revives selected few who died and somewhat "forces" them to play bounty hunter. The selected few(those who die in the process are replaced the next round) hunt certain aliens that inhabit while disguising themselves for points, and when they gain enough points they can buy back their lives...if they're current selves make it through.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni-Scary kids with machete, bats, and other creepy stuff in a horror anime

Kara no Kyoukai-though the series(in movies) comes in weird order, theres lots similarities to elfien lied

Rurouni Kenshin-OVAs only trust and betrayal is prob the best to start off, though samurai stuff might not be appealing to you, the story definitely is
Old 2008-08-19, 15:59   Link #4
Niji

Black blood brothers is a vampire story. Some awesome fight scenes.
Old 2008-08-19, 16:55   Link #5
Echoes

I'll recommend you check out Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. It's an excellent movie that a lot of people miss out on.
Old 2008-08-19, 23:01   Link #6
Matthoutx
Addicted

Send a message via Yahoo to Matthoutx
I thought I did follow the rules while it is more of a list I gave you, there were reasons in there (not very long but that is just the way I am short and simple for the most part)
Old 2008-08-19, 23:31   Link #7
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthoutx View Post
I thought I did follow the rules while it is more of a list I gave you, there were reasons in there (not very long but that is just the way I am short and simple for the most part)
Well yeah, you did state what you liked about most of the seires, so I think that your request was well within the rules of the forum. The only problem I perceived was that your request was rather broad, and the animes you listed as liking and disliking didn't really have much in common. You did, however, point out certain aspects you enjoyed about most of them, so in all fairness I think you did a pretty good job.
If you want to make it easier for people the next time, figure out what kind of genre/themes you're looking for and then cite examples of said genre/themes you've enjoyed.

Now that I'm here, I'll third Death Note, you might enjoy that very much based on the reason you enjoyed Bleach.
Old 2008-08-20, 07:24   Link #8
Arkuatic

actually i was referring to those suggesting recommendations; many of them list and leave. Its fine if you're requesting suggestions with examples of what you've seen;both to narrow and gather similarities. Just that those suggesting should give some details not just names
Old 2008-08-20, 08:48   Link #9
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Action / fantasy / romance:

Full Metal Panic (epic comedy specially in the second season)
Black Lagoon (no romance)
Kenichi (best martial arts anime)
Fate Stay Night
D Gray Man (95 episodes. Still airing)

Vampire realted animes:

Rosario+Vampire
Vampire Night
Karin

Also from the list of animes u mentioned i think you will enjoy Code Geass and Death Note.
Closed Thread