AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-05-30, 23:12   Link #41
Archaic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Formerly 名古屋市、日本
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Archaic Send a message via MSN to Archaic Send a message via Skype™ to Archaic
His fate was never really worked out as such, though it seemed like he'd got some satisfaction out of knowing that he'd been able to make the others happy. It was certainly better than how he's looking at the end of Vol 5 in the manga, that's for certain. Afterall, in the anime, he wasn't

Spoiler:


Nor was it ever shown that he

Spoiler:
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 23:56   Link #42
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
The manga just ended this month in Japan

Here's what happened in the last few chapters:

Spoiler:
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 02:55   Link #43
Archaic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Formerly 名古屋市、日本
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Archaic Send a message via MSN to Archaic Send a message via Skype™ to Archaic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
The manga just ended this month in Japan

Here's what happened in the last few chapters:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 09:10   Link #44
bluemist
i am the mist
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
The manga just ended this month in Japan

Here's what happened in the last few chapters:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 18:22   Link #45
kool_dudy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Wow...the manga seems so sad.


good thing i didn't read it but the ending seems a lot happier than the anime
kool_dudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 05:59   Link #46
frowndog
Poof... time warp
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila, Philippines
I really want to read the Fullmoon manga... Maybe I can buy it in Chinese... Translations of the manga are not even through the 1st volume yet...

btw, on a related note, I just heard that Mermaid Melody just got licensed. Since this is a somewhat similar show (well, similar in that they sing in the anime a lot), what do you guys think Fullmoon wo Sagashite's chances of getting licensed are? More importantly, would it getting licensed do the anime (or manga) justice? (with the inevitable dubs of course)
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 06:16   Link #47
bluemist
i am the mist
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by frowndog
I really want to read the Fullmoon manga... Maybe I can buy it in Chinese... Translations of the manga are not even through the 1st volume yet...

btw, on a related note, I just heard that Mermaid Melody just got licensed. Since this is a somewhat similar show (well, similar in that they sing in the anime a lot), what do you guys think Fullmoon wo Sagashite's chances of getting licensed are? More importantly, would it getting licensed do the anime (or manga) justice? (with the inevitable dubs of course)
If some people think American anime companies have a bad reputation when it comes to dubbing Japanese into English...

... what more with translating songs from Japanese to English, and singing it?
__________________
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 06:39   Link #48
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
I like this series quite a lot too, and I hope they can keep the ED1 song for a bit more episodes... serious Myself is repeated for too many episodes... and I like ED1 more...

Also I love the Mistuki dancing in OP1 animation a lot... never got tired watching it, soooooo cute, I kept watching it again and again XD
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 07:32   Link #49
frowndog
Poof... time warp
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
If some people think American anime companies have a bad reputation when it comes to dubbing Japanese into English...

... what more with translating songs from Japanese to English, and singing it?
I would certainly hope that they do not translate the songs.

That's the quandary here. Go like Robotech and make some new (really nice IMO) songs or just keep the Japanese tracks. The problem here is dual. If they make new songs, people will be up in arms and scream blasphemy (I probably might too because I like the Fullmoon songs so much). On the other hand, it will be really weird to hear a dub suddenly go off into a Japanese song, no matter how good the song is. Especially when they sing it as much as they do in the anime
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 08:41   Link #50
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
If some people think American anime companies have a bad reputation when it comes to dubbing Japanese into English...

... what more with translating songs from Japanese to English, and singing it?
FUNimation dubs the songs, and it's actually pretty good.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 08:43   Link #51
bluemist
i am the mist
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Japan
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowndog
I would certainly hope that they do not translate the songs.

That's the quandary here. Go like Robotech and make some new (really nice IMO) songs or just keep the Japanese tracks. The problem here is dual. If they make new songs, people will be up in arms and scream blasphemy (I probably might too because I like the Fullmoon songs so much). On the other hand, it will be really weird to hear a dub suddenly go off into a Japanese song, no matter how good the song is. Especially when they sing it as much as they do in the anime
The most devastating song replacements of all time: the localization of Initial D. On the other hand, the Animax-Asia English dub of Fancy Lala had the Japanese songs untranslated, and it's weird.

We'll see in MMPPP if ADV can do it right.

As for Full Moon wo Sagashite, its licensing will just be a matter of time. American anime companies have really set their sights on shoujo anime lately. I'm just glad I completely watched the series before it would be licensed, as opposed to MMPPP which is licensed already. I can only see up to 23 fansubbed episodes, sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
FUNimation dubs the songs, and it's actually pretty good.
I have heard the English version of the Fruits Basket OP. I scream blasphemy! But... that's just nitpicking on my part because the 'original' is always the best (sang by the late Ritsuko Okazaki, may she rest in peace). I respect Funi's dedication to trying to make the best localizations around.
__________________
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 12:02   Link #52
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Man, if that's the ending of Fmos, i'm going to be VERY disappointed... But then the mangaka always does come up with happy endings, I just wasn't expecting one this happy
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 12:27   Link #53
frowndog
Poof... time warp
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila, Philippines
I don't think an excessively depressing ending is the way to go either.

As it stands, after reading the summary, I'm quite contented with how the manga (and even the anime) ended. Would some angst have been good? I honestly don't know. I've grown to really like these characters and if the manga/anime had a depressing ending(too depressing I should say, it can be argued that it was depressing enough as it is) I don't know how I would have reacted
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 13:58   Link #54
Karala
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I don't know why everyone has a problem with the ending to the manga I haven't read any of the manga, but judging by the spoilers I read from the ending, it has many different themes going on from the anime, I'll have to read it, but I'm not at all disappointed by the way the ending sounds, it's nice and leaves less loose ends than the anime
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 15:42   Link #55
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Now I think about it, I don't think the manga ending sounds inferior to anime ending anyway, actually I'm a bit disappointed when the anime
Spoiler:
Also I have some questions about the anime ending,
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 16:05   Link #56
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I like this series quite a lot too, and I hope they can keep the ED1 song for a bit more episodes... serious Myself is repeated for too many episodes... and I like ED1 more...

Also I love the Mistuki dancing in OP1 animation a lot... never got tired watching it, soooooo cute, I kept watching it again and again XD
Yeah, it's a cute and fun little dance. Reminds me of the dancing in the 2nd Kodomo no Omocha OP animation, although that one was MUCH crazier.

I'm up to episode 11 or 12, and I'm seriously getting sick of "Myself." I hope they stop playing it at some point -_-;;
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 06:08   Link #57
bluemist
i am the mist
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoBaka
Yeah, it's a cute and fun little dance. Reminds me of the dancing in the 2nd Kodomo no Omocha OP animation, although that one was MUCH crazier.

I'm up to episode 11 or 12, and I'm seriously getting sick of "Myself." I hope they stop playing it at some point -_-;;
You're gonna be stuck on it for a while...
__________________
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 09:45   Link #58
frowndog
Poof... time warp
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
You're gonna be stuck on it for a while...
A looooooooooooooooooooong while
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 17:09   Link #59
pontupo
Mad Yoda Steez
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to pontupo
Angry aw man

I am so miserable. I am on like ep. 20 or something in Full Moon and I thought I would see some of what people are saying about it here. The first post in the thread completely messed up my hopes and dreams Now I know that Mitsuki and Eichi don't get together. Thanks a lot :P
___________
not really mad, just huffin and puffin
pontupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 08:13   Link #60
Ongaku_no_tenshi
Shine your light on thee!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Other Full Moon wo Sagashite Opinions

I have been turned on to a new favorite show of mine. I've just want to say that I've just watched the first 26 episodes of Full Moon wo Sagashite and it is a wonderfully executed show so far. from the way the story is shaping out, I see some really emotionally troubling times coming. But I think I'm ready to recieve them. This show is just a great combination of Chance Pop Session and Omishi Magical Theater Risky Safety with just the right dash of craziness of Kodomo no Omocha, all of which are favorites of mine. What about you all? I want to hear your thoughts as well. And please be kind, no spoilers. I still have the last 26 episodes to finish up.
Ongaku_no_tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, musical

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.