AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-06-29, 07:44   Link #2021
uis

Anyway chapter 10 is the last chapter of SRZ...
I really hope more School Rumble... *i still cant believe it end like that after faggin SR more than five years lol...*
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 07:44   Link #2022
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
If not, never forget, my car is ready.
If you happen to see KJ, post it here, right away.
Iam on it!
Old 2009-06-29, 07:51   Link #2023
Talitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
as far as i can see...

the only chapters that are the spin offs there was chapter 1-3 and chapter 7
What he said, but I would add chapter 4 to that category as well. ^_^

The whole Z series is not a spinoff, it just has those chapters which have nothing to do with anything, a few of them. For example during the 2nd term we see these weird illusions in Hanai's mind where he goes off to save princess Tsukamoto, or when Harima is hero-samurai who saves the tea house from bankrupt (or whatever it was). Basically, the Z series continues this humorous tradition of the SR series, with the instance that most of the chapters are spinoff stories, and are not related in the actual storyline in any way.
But for example, chapter 6 of the Z series seems like the real thing, piece of the actual storyline. Catching my drift?

Last edited by Talitor; 2009-06-29 at 07:52. Reason: Had VERY weird quote in it
Talitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 08:15   Link #2024
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitor View Post
What he said, but I would add chapter 4 to that category as well. ^_^
for me...
chapter 4 is a canon

why not canon?

there is nothing in there that is not canon.......

also...
chapter 4 adds another mysterious in the story....

whats with yakumo's personality?????

its kinda weird.... but cool.....
Old 2009-06-29, 08:20   Link #2025
Talitor

Quote:
for me...
chapter 4 is a canon

why not canon?

there is nothing in there that is not canon.......

also...
chapter 4 adds another mysterious in the story....

whats with yakumo's personality?????

its kinda weird.... but cool.....
THAT'S one of the things which can reveal whether the things are canon or non-canon: change in personality. Don't you think the situation/set-up was far from the one we see in the 'actual' SR series?
Old 2009-06-29, 08:40   Link #2026
yakumo-chan

Quote:
THAT'S one of the things which can reveal whether the things are canon or non-canon: change in personality. Don't you think the situation/set-up was far from the one we see in the 'actual' SR series?
but we have already seen that personality of yakumo..,

i think its episode 26 of nigakki....
where Tenma destroyed her precious book given by her loving father...

that episode was the most crying moments of school rumble for me....

i cried in that episode...
yakumo is hugging that book saying......

"father gave this to me"

Tenma is just stairing at the door......

Old 2009-06-29, 09:39   Link #2027
Talitor

Quote:
but we have already seen that personality of yakumo..,

i think its episode 26 of nigakki....
where Tenma destroyed her precious book given by her loving father...

that episode was the most crying moments of school rumble for me....

i cried in that episode...
yakumo is hugging that book saying......

"father gave this to me"

Tenma is just stairing at the door......

People mature during years.
Kids always quarrel, but as it's stated in the series several times, Yakumo thinks of others rather than herself. What we saw in those scans you showed us is definitely NOT the personality we see in the actual storyline.

Other than that, Chapter 4 of Z series is definitely spinoff.
Old 2009-06-29, 09:56   Link #2028
yakumo-chan

Quote:
. What we saw in those scans you showed us is definitely NOT the personality we see in the actual storyline.

Other than that, Chapter 4 of Z series is definitely spinoff.
you will never know....
i dont know but... i think its a canon....

about yakumo's changing personality in chapter 4......
i think KJ is trying to show us something.......
i dont but.... im kinda interested in it.... chapter 4.....
Old 2009-06-29, 13:07   Link #2029
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
Quote:
Chapter 5 doesn't seem to have that serious tone as the actual SR story has.
Ha, I must be drunk. I just read the words 'serious tone' and 'SR' in the same sentence!

I'm aware that SR became a lot more dramatic around the walking festival, BUT it is a total gag series that is overall not serious at all.
The basic story of SR is just a tale of unrequited crushes, misunderstandings, failed communication, misunderstandings and obliviousness. Ah, did I mention misunderstandings yet? It has it's sad / aww moments, but basically it's just a comedy.

I also don't think there's some big revelation awaiting us in chap 9. If there was something like that it would have been scanned long ago
I also think chance go up for a scan now, that the volume of SRZ comes out.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:20   Link #2030
Talitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Ha, I must be drunk. I just read the words 'serious tone' and 'SR' in the same sentence!

I'm aware that SR became a lot more dramatic around the walking festival, BUT it is a total gag series that is overall not serious at all.
The basic story of SR is just a tale of unrequited crushes, misunderstandings, failed communication, misunderstandings and obliviousness. Ah, did I mention misunderstandings yet? It has it's sad / aww moments, but basically it's just a comedy.
Hmm I had a typo, I mean chapter 4 ><

But you know full well what I meant with that "serious tone" thing, I mean serious storywise.

But as goes for chapter 9, so far I've managed to find two (or at least) one scanned page of it... but it's nothing new, since I noticed someone already has posted them here before. *Sigh*
Old 2009-06-29, 15:07   Link #2031
Gambino009
Phantom

I also agree about the personality being way too different.

Back in the childhood day in the story.. Tenma really crossed the line of idiocy and scarred Yakumo by destroying precious things that had sentimental value to her. But everything was resolved when Tenma was forgiven after she robbed the Library and gave Yakumo the same book she destroyed.

Chapter 4 doesn't make any sense.. since Yakumo was always nice and just had her few little moments with her sister.. not enough to warrant a chaotic personally that drastically gets changed into the shy/warm Yakumo we know.
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 16:10   Link #2032
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760 Send a message via Skype™ to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
Chapter 4 doesn't make any sense.. since Yakumo was always nice and just had her few little moments with her sister.. not enough to warrant a chaotic personally that drastically gets changed into the shy/warm Yakumo we know.
that may be, but you know, there are years between SRZ chapter 4 and normal SR
humanity is able to change much in a enough time, and I think a few years might be enough time

after all in SRZ chapter 4 Itoko is still a student and in SR she's a teacher!

maybe many ppl just dont know other ppls who changed that much in life, but there's still a possibility
it may be the case for Yakumo
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 16:20   Link #2033
Talitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
that may be, but you know, there are years between SRZ chapter 4 and normal SR
humanity is able to change much in a enough time, and I think a few years might be enough time

after all in SRZ chapter 4 Itoko is still a student and in SR she's a teacher!

maybe many ppl just dont know other ppls who changed that much in life, but there's still a possibility
it may be the case for Yakumo
As I stated before, the reason why the situation is so darn bizarre in chapter 4 is probably the fact it just may be a spin-off...

Think about the timeline. Itoko was at school like 10 years before the events in the series... Wouldn't that mean Yakumo would be 6 years old? She's quite lengty for a six year old in that picture

This makes me think even more so that the chapter 4 has nothing to do with the actual storyline.
Old 2009-06-29, 19:37   Link #2034
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760 Send a message via Skype™ to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
As I stated before, the reason why the situation is so darn bizarre in chapter 4 is probably the fact it just may be a spin-off...

Think about the timeline. Itoko was at school like 10 years before the events in the series... Wouldn't that mean Yakumo would be 6 years old? She's quite lengty for a six year old in that picture

This makes me think even more so that the chapter 4 has nothing to do with the actual storyline.
fact is, that SRZ originally was plant to be a spin-off
what KJ thinks of it himself, we dont know

she might look very tall, but take a closer look
http://www.onemanga.com/School_Rumble_Z/4/12/
she's not much taller than Tenma is

and it doesn't have to be 10 years
Itoko looks still young in SR
she might just recently entered the job as teacher (I don't remember that it was said when she entered the job, if I'm wrong, correct me pls^^)
and if she was already in the 3rd year of high school in that chapter, there would be about 4 years (I dont know, too, correct me if I'm wrong) of academic studies after graduation from high school, then after those 4 years I guess they have to do a master course, which lasts 2 years to do a job like "teacher" (info source: wikipedia^^)

so if I'm correct this chapter could be only about 7 years before SR

Last edited by Sephiroth_760; 2009-06-29 at 19:47.
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 22:36   Link #2035
yakumo-chan

the reason of yakumo's changing personality is because she hates christmas and her father....

take a look....

if yakumo could only bring this personality back..... the story of yakumo would be much more interesting.......

my theories of yakumo's changing personality are:

1.her wishes from christmas never came true.....

2.her parents died....

3.she found out that she was an adopted child, and tenma was an only child..... she is jealous at tenma... and could be the reason why she hates her sister back then.... but time passes by.... she learns how to love her fake sister back....
Old 2009-06-30, 00:31   Link #2036
Gambino009
Phantom

I've brought some poll results with Eri and Yakumo

Spoiler:

This are latin board results... Eri only beats Yakumo in couples with Harima as expected.
The Wannabe forum results are rather silly, I haven't even checked the polls here
Old 2009-06-30, 02:20   Link #2037
Solafighter
Hige

Prettiest girl, Akira, not even 1 %?

Poor Akira.
Old 2009-06-30, 02:36   Link #2038
Talitor

About those parent things...

I kept wondering how the heck we see only Eri's and Suou's parents?
Is it common in Japan to live on their own at that age?

Other than that, when I mentioned about that 10-year-gap, I didn't mean exactly ten years, that was just lucky guess or something. (Maybe it was unlucky guess, technically)

So... if NNA is heading towards an end soon (people have been suggesting that a lot) that would leave room for College Rumble
Unless KJ is gonna do something unexpected and make an anime about hot-airballoon-enthusiasm
Old 2009-06-30, 04:21   Link #2039
Gambino009
Phantom

The anime is coming to an end correct? If that's so.. then you could expect at least 100+ chapters if KJ decides to move the story on.. and a second season.

That's the worst that can happen.. I would want a new School rumble season

and Suou's parents are funny.. to think they'd let their daughter date a 45+ looking old man and believe he's still a highschool student named Asou.

If all parents in Japan were like that.. then we'd all should move to Japan when we hit that age =p j/k

man.. it'd sure would be nice to get a feel for those traditional Japanese highschools though
Old 2009-06-30, 05:55   Link #2040
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
I still don't get how SR can be called serious. Spin offs like that existed very often in the series itself, e.g. mamoth hunt, detective at the onsen, future robot tenma, fantasies of Tenma or Harima etc
It has it's moments but they are few in comparison. They are played out good, so they stick in the memory vividly.

Quote:
I also agree about the personality being way too different.
Quote:
Huh? I always assumed SRZ #4 isn't the reason Yamo changed, but the book incident we see at the end of season 2

And comparing them in the manga itself it's not easy to tell where they're supposed to be younger (could also just be an art shift).
previously posted SRZ4 Page - Page of SR #174

Gut feeling says #174 should come chronogicaly first, but meh.
We know they're supposed to be in elementary school (Itoko is in high school so it should fit with the age, she's in her twenties in SR after all). Also I doubt Yakumo's attitude problem got resolved at once. It's a gradual process. Would have been a tad extreme if she was throwing things at her sister and would have been the gentle Yakumo we know the next day. So SRZ #4 could just support SR #174 since the time gap couldn't be more then one or two years.

Quote:
and Suou's parents are funny.. to think they'd let their daughter date a 45+ looking old man and believe he's still a highschool student named Asou.
They were teasing her XD They knew he wasn't Asou. They are always teasing Mikoto to no end.
They remind me a lot of my parents <.<

As for NNA I still don't get into it. Even after 7 of 13 episodes. Hajime is just so an annoying brat xD Always with his 'the way of a man' - talk . The muscle guy is funny, though.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy