AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 10:16   Link #2061
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Yeah! NNA 2nd season this winter.
Its confirmed.
uhh... do you mean it will end this winter?

or

the 2nd season will be the last season?
Old 2009-07-01, 11:08   Link #2062
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
Its confirmed.
Not exactly the best news ever.. but its still something none the less..
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 11:17   Link #2063
yakumo-chan

now I know whats going on.....

NNA 2nd season?

NO WAY!

OMG!
Old 2009-07-01, 11:25   Link #2064
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
uhh... do you mean it will end this winter?

or

the 2nd season will be the last season?
The 2nd season will start this november. So with 12/13 episodes, it will end on february/march 2010.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:34   Link #2065
yakumo-chan

Quote:
The 2nd season will start this november. So with 12/13 episodes, it will end on february/march 2010.
No!!

i thought it was the end of it....

and I thought SR would come back again

too bad....
Old 2009-07-01, 11:37   Link #2066
Solafighter
Hige

Im still for the fan mail to KJ. I have some good friends, who are japanese so they could translate it.

Very soon, i will give it a try.
Old 2009-07-01, 15:58   Link #2067
FlameLordPhoenix

The fan mail sounds like a good idea. I know I'm new here, but I'd be willing to contribute in any way that I can. In my opinion, Kobayashi really screwed over Harima with the way he ended it...and, to a degree, I feel he also screwed over Yakumo and Eri.

As a writer, it really upsets me when I see stories end like that. I'm not saying everyone has to have a happy ending; life just doesn't go that way, but I think every character should at least have a resolution, and I don't feel that's the case for the characters I've mentioned. Harima, who had been seemingly making progress and developing throughout the series, is suddenly thrown back to being a wandering loner who is obsessed with Tenma, and worse, he never even gets to tell her how he feels. Yakumo, as far as I can remember, never gets an answer from Harima, and the second to last chapter insinuates, I think, that she hasn't quite moved on. Last, but not least, we know that Eri had fallen for Harima, and they set up that possibility with the mock engagement...in fact, there was a great opening there for (another) love triangle comedy that could have settled all of the above mentioned issues, but instead we get the inexplicable time skip where all of that plot potential is just dropped. Also, I know you guys know all of this already...I'm pretty much just ranting at this point.

So, like I said, if I can help in any way, please let me know.
FlameLordPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 17:37   Link #2068
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
... you know mistaking me for a male is one thing - even so you should bow down to my female, shining aura! D: - but calling me a fusion of a TOAD and ZOIDBERG ........ god you're so lucky you can't get my temper directed at you just like that. Can't kick you through intaweb. Shit. Your fault someone innocent gets kicked tomorrow <.< And I thought getting compared to Tenma was a disgrace XD

If you wonder how I responded to your comments ... it was something like that:
"ZEBRA! It's fucking Z-E-B-R-A you %(%%/! "
"SHESHESHESHESHESHESHE ....... *looks down to be sure and witnesses no penis" ..... SHESHESHESHE"
I actually voiced that just like that to my computer. Yes, I have issues :P

Nah I don't mind at all. It did upset me for a moment though. Hit my desk - now I'm fine :P And now I know Gambi was the only one who saw my picture XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitor View Post
but serious storywise, as I said
My bad? Didn't see that. And storywise ... it's still not in the majority. As I said ... moments, yes - overall, no. We are the same opinion I guess, we just define it differently.
I think SR is a total comedy, but yeah it has a touching story at times and a lot of soul in the characters.

Quote:
Still doesn't explain how Harima, Yakumo and Tenma seem to get alon quite well
As already been said .. that doesn't need to be explained. Tenma's and Harima's bond has been defined as a strong and naturally bond more than once in the series. See the race on the tuna plate chapter (x-mas) or their moments before he puts her on her flight as examples. Things don't always need to be ouright thrown at your face, if it's shown in the series through interactions and even dialogues.
And Yakumo's bond to Harima ... we SEE it develop in the series. How they first met, how they became friends. Yamo is his actual first friend he ever made. And became his trusted person out of pure luck, but still became very important to him.

Quote:
They couldn't forget each other in two years. ^^
Like someone who almost 'raped' you can be forgotten through a beard and sunglasses! Things like that can be easily pulled off in the SR world. It doesn't need to follow our logic, as long as it follows theirs ^^ When KJ writes "A Tale no one remembers anymore" at the side ... it's all we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
lol
that scene is shown in SR chapter 174, just a flashback of Yakumo, nothing more^^
he meant that there are two years between these two scenes^^
which could be possible
Exactly. And it's just a hypothesis. I don't say SRZ # 4 is totally canon. I only pointed it out it can't be dismissed totally as it is.
As far as things stand, nothing is validly canon for me from SRZ, but also can't be rejected totally either.

Quote:
It seems I misread something at Toadberg's post before... my bad.
Toadberg forgives you :P Nothing to forgive though, so Zebra doesn't forgive. Greetings from her btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
and hopefully by then you'd forget about me *sails away*
As if I could foget you my lovely wildcat :x

Quote:
And Toadberg, no offense, but if you knew me from my previous blogging, you would be aware I make nicknames immediately for all the people
No offense, but if you knew I've never read anything from you besides things here, you would be aware I DON'T. I worship da Toadberg, can't be called like my god, for god's- *ahem* toad's sake!

Quote:
Its confirmed.
Fuck.

FlameLordPhoenix, you just said exactly what I (and I guess most of the fans) think. It wouldn't have been so bad if Harima wasn't portrayed as such a loser, making no progress at all, even so he's traveling to be a better man and the progress he did in SR.
I mean come on ... KJ totally destroyed the scene where Harima throws away his glasses. Where's the point of it now? To make the total series a pointless reset screw, is simply bad writing, since KJ put so much effort into it in the mean time. If something like this happened to a series that was JUST comedy ... no one would care or would think it's ingenius. But for a series where so much frames where 'wasted' on developing Harima?
It could have been a pretty good ending if it weren't for the way Harima is portrayed.

But I just repeat myself over and over again. I've been over the anger phase months ago
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 19:38   Link #2069
Seijun

Hi people!

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I'm getting a little confused here. I read a couple of pages in this topic (62~72) and found out about the ending of School Rumble Z.

Now, before I end up being happy because the story finally got concluded (AND Harima found himself Eri) I've got some questions:

1. The original ending of the SR manga contradicts the SRZ ending, right? So, which one is considered canon? Did KJ say anything about this? Pie ending, or graduation ending? Both? Neither? And if SRZ overwrites SR, which chapters of the original manga (SR) can be considered "abandoned"?

2. What about this imagination thing? Eri became Harima's girlfriend fair and square, or perhaps not? Now, are those pictures of baby Harima a vision of the future, or Max's imagination?

3. Any chance for an anime adaptation of the new "rewritten" storyline (3rd term)?

Could you possibly sum it up? Who hooked up with whom? WTF, where's my coherent School Rumbe storyline?

Thanks for your efforts, I don't really want to read 30 pages to find an answer
Seijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 20:05   Link #2070
FlameLordPhoenix

Seijun,

I'm not sure about the first point. My theory is that SRZ is all spin-off and "what-if" type stories, as they are all marked with the natural sign, but I could be wrong. As for Eri and Harima hooking up, that was all in Max's imagination. From what I have collected, Harima never actually gets hooked up with anyone, but Max imagines Harima and Eri visting Karasuma with their baby. For your third question, there is a "third term" OVA for the anime. I haven't seen any fansubs of it, so I'm not sure what it entails, but honestly I hope it gives the anime its own ending entirely. Like many, I was not happy with SR's ending, and I feel SRZ creates more questions than it answers.

The only "definite" hook up was Tenma and Karasuma, since he confessed his love and she hers. Granted, Karasuma also lost his memory, but they do, of course, show him getting fragments of it back here and there, so it can be assumed that eventually he will recover all of his memories and they will live happily ever after.

$.02
Old 2009-07-01, 23:05   Link #2071
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think Karasuma's sickness can never be explained unless it might be aneurysm.
Old 2009-07-02, 07:40   Link #2072
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760 Send a message via Skype™ to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
... you know mistaking me for a male is one thing - even so you should bow down to my female, shining aura! D: - but calling me a fusion of a TOAD and ZOIDBERG ........ god you're so lucky you can't get my temper directed at you just like that. Can't kick you through intaweb. Shit. Your fault someone innocent gets kicked tomorrow <.< And I thought getting compared to Tenma was a disgrace XD

If you wonder how I responded to your comments ... it was something like that:
"ZEBRA! It's fucking Z-E-B-R-A you %(%%/! "
"SHESHESHESHESHESHESHE ....... *looks down to be sure and witnesses no penis" ..... SHESHESHESHE"
I actually voiced that just like that to my computer. Yes, I have issues :P
damn, I'm really sorry hahaha xD
it's just that for me, everybody is a guy if I actually don't really know what gender he/she is lol
and since I never asked u or never read something about it if u were male or female I just thought u were male haha xD

so far, there are yakumo-chan and u (females) ...
if there is another female here, better say it, becuz otherwise I will mistake u for a guy, too!^^

@ Seijun
for now, there will be only nna (even a 2nd season this winter :0)
so a rewritten anime adaption of 3rd term won't be there
and I guess it will never happen xD
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 08:13   Link #2073
Seijun

Ah, I see. Thank you both! Can't wait for a proper interview with KJ...
Seijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 14:42   Link #2074
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijun View Post

Could you possibly sum it up? Who hooked up with whom? WTF, where's my coherent School Rumbe storyline?

Thanks for your efforts, I don't really want to read 30 pages to find an answer

Well to my understand.. Tenma hooked up with Karasuma and plays nurse for him until he gets better.. which more than likely he would some day and finally return the love or something cheesy

Harima got lucky, considering that Eri never gave up on him and now it seems Eri goes around with him with out pushing herself too much. KJ drew a forward scene with Eri and Harima.. and later in NNA made an Eri/Cow Harima, that pretty much concludes how he ended Harima and Eri.

But that's all just revelations.. there's probably not enough solid evidence, but just enough to assume so.

It would have been nice if he had made other relationships with other guys like Asou with Sarah/Basketball girl/Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

As if I could forget you my lovely wildcat :x
Oh my.

more like lazy cat, I demand some carnage =p

For some reason I get a weird image of a Toad cross over with a Zebra.. toad with stripes?
Old 2009-07-02, 18:35   Link #2075
FlameLordPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I think Karasuma's sickness can never be explained unless it might be aneurysm.
It's easily explained, as long as you check the Rumble Log:

*Tenma beats Karasuma in the head
*Karasuma bleeds
*Karasuma is infected with Brain Damage

(I really wish I could remember which chapter this was in...Tenma was pissed about something, and was unknowingly whacking Karasuma in the head.)

Either that, or being brain dead is contagious and Tenma passed it on to Karasuma.

In all seriousness though, I felt that was another dick move on KJ's part. It's like "Hey, let's have Karasuma finally confess to Tenma...AND THEN HAVE HIM FORGET ABOUT IT AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!!" But at least it finally gave Tenma something to be serious about in life, I suppose...
Old 2009-07-02, 22:19   Link #2076
yakumo-chan

SRZ only made some questions not answers.....

i still dont get it why yakumo is still inlove with that bearded harima!

and we still dont see how harima would fall inlove with Eri!
Old 2009-07-03, 01:02   Link #2077
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
SRZ only made some questions not answers.....

i still dont get it why yakumo is still inlove with that bearded harima!

and we still dont see how harima would fall inlove with Eri!
"would fall" makes it seem like a bad thing.. and it's not. Why would he fall for her? Wynaut =p

Last chapter didn't have much Yakumo/Harima interaction.. so it's hard to say if she's still in love with him. The real question is.. why was she crying, if only Tenma wouldn't have interfered we might have gotten some memories from her and see if Harima was really in them.

And most importantly, how Harima acknowledged Eri as his partner
Old 2009-07-03, 04:47   Link #2078
Talitor

Back again! Toadberg wut! xD

I was actually trying to look for a way to contact Jin Kobayashi by a 'fan letter' after I finished reading SRZ since a little something died inside of me. Not much was resolved after such great plot twists and character development.
Purpose of my fan letter would be to DEMAND for a continuation.

Chapter 9 ain't still scanlated, is it?
Old 2009-07-03, 04:50   Link #2079
yakumo-chan

Quote:

Chapter 9 ain't still scanlated, is it?
YESSS.... its been months now....
i wanna see yakumo again...
Old 2009-07-03, 07:37   Link #2080
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760 Send a message via Skype™ to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
YESSS.... its been months now....
i wanna see yakumo again...
I really want to know whats the reason for it, that they haven't scanlated it till now
maybe the chapter contains some mysterious knowledge we are not ready for?!
lol
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy