AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 26 18.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 25.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 17.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 8.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 5.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 6.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 4.32%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-01, 22:11   Link #421
anyme
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Director's said "Ranka ,you have to sing. This is (Spartannnnn) Macross. If you don't sing, you are nothing (in Macross) "
anyme is offline  
Old 2008-09-01, 22:13   Link #422
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Inside the mysterious painting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Only Ozma and Bresra ever asked her, and were supportive one way or another. Alto said things because he's...self-righteous and a dramaqueen.
well then I take back what i said when Alto was 1 of the 3 top pilots of their class. he always crashes his plane anyway. But i think Alto would soon then realize what she is going through. He was so dense before about Ranka's feelings. Maybe his next war cry would be^^... AaaaarrgghhhhRRrrraankkaaaDAaaaiiiiissukiiiiiiiiII IIIII. just kidding
sekidousai is offline  
Old 2008-09-01, 22:41   Link #423
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
well then I take back what i said when Alto was 1 of the 3 top pilots of their class. he always crashes his plane anyway. But i think Alto would soon then realize what she is going through. He was so dense before about Ranka's feelings. Maybe his next war cry would be^^... AaaaarrgghhhhRRrrraankkaaaDAaaaiiiiissukiiiiiiiiII IIIII. just kidding
Hah!

I'm so glad that Ranka is making a stand for herself. All she has done thus far in her life is to be swayed by others. The episode gives her character a huge boost. The likability factor for her instantly went up. Good job, Ranka.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2008-09-01, 22:41   Link #424
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Inside the mysterious painting
^^^ domo, at least someone else is starting to see things a little bit differently than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem
I don't know if that was directed at me or not, so I'll assume it was. The comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, although I do think that the airplane wouldn't have been nearly as cherished had Ranka's smell not been on it. I said that Ai-kun would likely have eaten it because it is what he does. The only people that Ai-kun seems to have affection for are Brera and Ranka, and maybe Nanase. He has shown that he seems less than fond of Alto as per the ep when Alto first encounters him and Ai-kun attacks his face. I don't hate the Vajra at all since I've always thought the Vajra were being set up by someone else. I'm actually rather sympathetic towards the Vajra, but I'm looking at ep 21, and Ranka's actions in particular, through the point of view of Alto and others who have lost loved ones. The giddy smile that she has as she asks Alto to go with her to take a Vajra home really leaves a sour impression on me because she seems totally oblivious of the fact that Alto had just lost his best friend to something that looks exactly like Ai-kun. Anyways, I seem to have ventured away from my original intent. The Vajra are the bad guys to Alto and the Frontier inhabitants right now so the hatred for them is justified as they have no idea that someone else is causing the Vajra to attack.
lols, i think my comment will hit a lotta people ^^, I was under the impression that you
always think that the Vajra was a born plane destroyer and always will be ^^.
I am relating the Vajra to the Zentradi and Proto Devlin. The zentradi was manufactured by the protoculture. They were created that way and always and will be, Until Minmei and Max proven that they are more than capable things other than killing and destruction.

The idea of the Proto Devlin will always be powerful threat to the universe, always and will be, until Basara proven otherwise.
Speaking of Basara, as you can see everytime he flies out there were planes exploding left and right. Does it seem that he cares????

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-09-01 at 23:03.
sekidousai is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 01:08   Link #425
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Next time we get invaded by aliens, you can go out and sing to them while the rest of us concentrate on defending ourselves, even if it means killing the aliens off.

And Basara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ranka. The very first times he went out to sing, it wasn't against the protodevlin themselves but their brainwashed human lackeys who were in valkyries as well, but throughout the entire series, it's shown that he cares about the fighters themselves because he has blocked missiles for them or even saved several of them on occasion.

And frankly, Ranka would have had a much better chance of convincing Alto or even the rest that the Vajra weren't creatures bent on destruction if she hadn't accidentally sent them on a rampage throughout Macross Frontier the episode before and then been unable to stop them.
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 01:29   Link #426
Quen
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Otaku-land since '95
Age: 31
She really had no way of possibly knowing what the scriptwriters had in store for her singing, no real fault of her own

Watched it raw a week ago nearly, so memory might be bit dull, but I loved the ep.
Great to see some Ranka development forming, GJ Ranka
__________________
Otaku since '95
Quen is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 02:30   Link #427
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas USA
Age: 39
Hmm. You know there is a possibility that the Vajra will not attack the Frontier at all because Ranka isn't there. My theory is that the Vajra are attacking Frontier only because Ranka is present on it. It may be possible that another Vajra queen is attempting to liberate one of their own. i.e. The Vajra may view Ranka as a queen as well who is under "captivity" on Frontier and so they are trying to get her back. If that's the case then the destruction of the 117th Fleet was because Ranka was there. So if that's the case then Ranka going away might stop the Vajra attacks entirely unless of course the Vajra are pissed off now that Macross has killed so many of them.

I guess I'll have to find out in later episodes if this theory holds water.
kilroy0097 is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 02:49   Link #428
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Hmm. You know there is a possibility that the Vajra will not attack the Frontier at all because Ranka isn't there. My theory is that the Vajra are attacking Frontier only because Ranka is present on it. It may be possible that another Vajra queen is attempting to liberate one of their own. i.e. The Vajra may view Ranka as a queen as well who is under "captivity" on Frontier and so they are trying to get her back. If that's the case then the destruction of the 117th Fleet was because Ranka was there. So if that's the case then Ranka going away might stop the Vajra attacks entirely unless of course the Vajra are pissed off now that Macross has killed so many of them.

I guess I'll have to find out in later episodes if this theory holds water.
Well remember that Grace was able to lure the Vajra to Frontier in some way. This was before she found Ranka so there are ways.
ickem is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 02:56   Link #429
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
lols, i think my comment will hit a lotta people ^^, I was under the impression that you
always think that the Vajra was a born plane destroyer and always will be ^^.
I am relating the Vajra to the Zentradi and Proto Devlin. The zentradi was manufactured by the protoculture. They were created that way and always and will be, Until Minmei and Max proven that they are more than capable things other than killing and destruction.
To be honest, I have no idea yet what exactly your point is. ^^ Ranka isnīt so bad? Or Ranka is really bad? It is not really clear from what you wrote.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 03:02   Link #430
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas USA
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
To be honest, I have no idea yet what exactly your point is. ^^ Ranka isnīt so bad? Or Ranka is really bad? It is not really clear from what you wrote.
I don't think he's even talking about Ranka. He's talking about how the Vajra may be viewed as insect destroyers at this time but it's possible they could be reformed if understood, the same as the Zentradi were once warriors, cloned and born to be, and now they aren't as much. In Macross we have a history of enemies turning into friends in funny ways.
kilroy0097 is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 03:29   Link #431
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Inside the mysterious painting
^^^ thank you very much. i did not mention Ranka so that was a little bit surprising

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Next time we get invaded by aliens, you can go out and sing to them while the rest of us concentrate on defending ourselves, even if it means killing the aliens off.

And Basara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ranka. The very first times he went out to sing, it wasn't against the protodevlin themselves but their brainwashed human lackeys who were in valkyries as well, but throughout the entire series, it's shown that he cares about the fighters themselves because he has blocked missiles for them or even saved several of them on occasion.

And frankly, Ranka would have had a much better chance of convincing Alto or even the rest that the Vajra weren't creatures bent on destruction if she hadn't accidentally sent them on a rampage throughout Macross Frontier the episode before and then been unable to stop them.
haha. You are a little bit pushy. If i was in a Macross world I will gladly sing and drive the aliens out. I know i will be successful because I'm the one singing, that also means I will be the hero of the series. And you will be one of the pilots that explodes early in first quarter of the season.... Just kidding. You can be my wingman haha!!!

If you really think Basara is that great then your little comment really holds no water. You kinda contradict yourself there.

And when did Basara started to take fire for another pilot. after his Nth? Flight.?ep.? I don't even remember. But as you can see he really hates the military, The only military pilot I see that he approved of is Gamlin. And somehow Basara is sometimes a little bit inconsistent.... But then again the whole M7 is an anomaly itself.

There is a fine line between defending with an open heart and defending and closing your heart to any peaceful resolution. Things are really not that easy in real life i know but what the heck this is an anime.

Well it might be much better if we can relate this to the martial art Aikido which has a really nice philosopy. Described as "an art that practitioners could use to , defend themselves while also protecting their attacker from injury." copy and pasted from wiki.

Well if you study the Vajra situation carefully you will see that we might be the ones who rattled the Ant's nest. We might just suffering the repercussions because of the sins of others(Galaxy). If you rattled a bee's nest don't expect that they won't attack you. But humanity now learned how to coexist with the bees and reap from their benefits. Even other dangerous animals we have laws on protecting them. And now here lies the morality of the issue. Should we give up exterminate all dangerous creatures? Or should we find peaceful coexistence?.
What have we learned from Macross at this point? How to pick-up intergalactic girls?

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-09-02 at 05:19. Reason: finger cramps
sekidousai is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 03:30   Link #432
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
I don't think he's even talking about Ranka. He's talking about how the Vajra may be viewed as insect destroyers at this time but it's possible they could be reformed if understood, the same as the Zentradi were once warriors, cloned and born to be, and now they aren't as much. In Macross we have a history of enemies turning into friends in funny ways.
The problem with the Vajra is that the only individuals with friendly intentions we have seen are the queen and Ai-kun. And so far only the queen has been able to communicate effectively with just Ranka alone... who seemingly saw no need to mention that to, oh, her brother, Alto, the military, SMS or anybody else.

Sometimes I really am at a loss as to her motivations. Does she have this selective amnesia constantly?
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 04:05   Link #433
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas USA
Age: 39
I think she does. Or she's just stupid. Which is a possibility. Do we know what kind of grades Ranka gets? She might just be a typical blond chick to use an American expression. I see her staring blankly at a lot of things she doesn't understand.
kilroy0097 is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 07:06   Link #434
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well since it was a holiday weekend i finally got around to watching episode 21. Things happen as was pretty much predicted Klan was incredible there is nothing like the loss of loved to evoke rage on that scale and what better then to give her a gun and point towards the enemy. I didnt expect for Ranka to leave the ship though i did figure she would come to some type of realization about Alto. Im not sure if i heard it right but i think she said "he never heard my song or he never listened to my song" To me thats an indication that Ranka has not only acknowledge her feelings for Alto but also is aware of where Alto's feeling are. Though this is interesting i still dont think Alto actually knows himself. Ranka did beat Sheryl to the punch in the confession before she left. Yet she said it in the past tense, now i dont know if this was mistake or foreshadowing in some way. I would have expected her to say "i love you". I would want to hope that this is a sign that we are going to get an AltoxSheryl ending. But there is plenty of time left for a catch 22 to happen. But i will give Ranaka props for taking her own life in her own 2 hands this time and doing what she wants not listening to others my impression of her went up.

Looks like Cathy and Ozma are on the run and rightful so with that mulet cut power hungry bastard in power. Although, i dont feel his reign will last long we still dont know what Grace is getting out of this but in the end i think she is going bend everyone over a desk. Nanase is still banged up Luca tries to grow some type of ballz but actually engaging in battle and screaming like a mad man. Meh...as much as i dislike both characters i can see why hes feeling the way the way he is.

Seeing Klan Klan sitting in Michels's Valkyrie cuddled with helmet and crying broke my heart that was pretty damn sad
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 09:18   Link #435
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
well then I take back what i said when Alto was 1 of the 3 top pilots of their class. he always crashes his plane anyway. But i think Alto would soon then realize what she is going through. He was so dense before about Ranka's feelings. Maybe his next war cry would be^^... AaaaarrgghhhhRRrrraankkaaaDAaaaiiiiissukiiiiiiiiII IIIII. just kidding
Self-deprecating late night host would be a huge improvement over braindead kabuki actor.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 11:07   Link #436
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
I think she does. Or she's just stupid. Which is a possibility. Do we know what kind of grades Ranka gets? She might just be a typical blond chick to use an American expression. I see her staring blankly at a lot of things she doesn't understand.
Well I dislike Ranka but I don't think she has low IQ When she transferred to Alto's school Nanase did praise her for having easily passed the tests of Mihoshi Academy which was claimed to be the most elite school on Frontier. It's just that she didn't seem to care much about her school life since she was willing to get banned from school for participating in Miss Macross contest... So I think she's only naive and inexperienced in life because Ozma always got everything covered for her and she didn't really have to deal with anything until she met Alto and tasted broken heart for the first time

Last edited by nanatsusaya; 2008-09-02 at 11:24.
nanatsusaya is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 11:14   Link #437
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas USA
Age: 39
Maybe she is one of those geniuses that has little common sense and is otherwise scatter brained and ditsy when it comes to normal stuff like social interaction and mundane activities.
kilroy0097 is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 11:17   Link #438
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Maybe she is one of those geniuses that has little common sense and is otherwise scatter brained and ditsy when it comes to normal stuff like social interaction and mundane activities.
Or "Elite" by Frontier standards is average by ours.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 11:38   Link #439
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Inside the mysterious painting
I gave examples of some stereo-type ditzy characters from the other thread.

And those are Nogizaka Haruka and Ichinose Kotomi. They are far from average. They look so dumb nobody will expect them to be really intelligent(bookwise) and talented student.
sekidousai is offline  
Old 2008-09-02, 12:26   Link #440
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Thumbs down

Maybe Ranka going to rise Ai-kun to be a leader for the vajra or something.... since he seem to be spiecal Vajra for some reason.
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.