AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-30, 15:22   Link #61
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
The way Kira finished off his opponent was the most hardcore thing I've seen in Bleach since Yami smashed that guys head and all that blood sqirted up. I like the fact that Kira has a dark side. Too bad they didn't show him actually cutting off the head. Anyway I also hope the next two fights go fast, it would be nice to see the captains fighting. I miss seenig a good Bankai!
__________________
MAQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 23:43   Link #62
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Soul Society
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
The way Kira finished off his opponent was the most hardcore thing I've seen in Bleach since Yami smashed that guys head and all that blood sqirted up. I like the fact that Kira has a dark side. Too bad they didn't show him actually cutting off the head. Anyway I also hope the next two fights go fast, it would be nice to see the captains fighting. I miss seenig a good Bankai!
What chapter was that in again MAQI? I want to read that cause I started reading the manga late.
__________________
9TailsOfDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 04:32   Link #63
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Too bad they didn't show him actually cutting off the head.
that would have spoiled the moment, y'know a bit over the top... its one of those things where the implication of what just happened is more effective than actually seeing it happen... a little like how in "the phantom of the opera" its better to never see the the ugly half of the phantom's face (hated that in the movie)

that last page with Kira calmly standing over the arrancar with his sword neatly around his neck hit home how hopeless the situation was... that panel was actually more effective then the head chopping afterward would have been

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Did he ever had another side?
Frankly, i always thought Kira was kinda of a wuss... a lapdog for Gin and someone to be toyed with and just a little crazy after the thing with Momo; never really got a dark vibe from him
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Everytime Kira fights he has to explain how his shikai works. I don't want to rant about Kira again but... Seriously, we already heard it once in the anime this week, twice in the same week is too much.
I know it is formal japanese procedure to 1. Say the name of the attack 2. Use the attack 3. Explain to the opponent why he lost 4. Strike a cool pose... but the recipe is just wasted on Kira!
It's unavoidable for his type of weapon when dealing with an enemy who doesn't knwo him... i mean anytime he fights the opponent would be like "WTF" and it would just seem odd for Kira not to explain what is going on... The same goes for yumichikia, Soi-fon and Mayuri... they need to explain their weapons to an unknown enemy(or have the enemy point out that they know about it)... Hell if it were not for the fact that Aizen's shikai is common knowledge he would also have to explain it everytime; same can be said for Tousen's Bankai.

The swords of everyone else? the ability of their shikai is plainly obvious so the enemy doesn't need to wonder and thus no questions to be answered
Quote:
Btw, neither Kira nor Yumichika won their fights with skill. They just as plainly as possible used their shikai and the fraccion were so lame they couldn't even counter it before they were finished off. I expected the fraccion of the top 3 espada to be on the same level with the privaron espada, but these guys are more like D.Roy who lost to Rukia in an instant.
fact is Kira and Yumichika and a few others have hax weapons... most anyone can be taken down with their shikai. It's like, unless the privaron could avoid being even HIT by Kira's sword he would very likely still loose (and he apparently swings his sword pretty quick considering he got like 4 hits per wing against the arrancar in that brief moment)... funny thought Kira vs kenpachi and kenpachi lets kira get in a few dozen hits to show off how strong he is =p (kanpachi still wins... he's got hax-like strength)... though seriously if Kira actually did acquire captain level skills he would be pretty dangerous with such a hax power

this is probably why these two went first out of the four, because their fights are pretty simple when it comes down to it... the next fights have more skill

Though when it comes down to it, these four fights are really nothing more to point out Barragan's serious lack of leadership... He talks big, and sits in a big chair, but he is all talk and he is (almost) certainly NOT #1; these 4 fights are meant to help down play the 3 espada for the "shock" of who the REAL #1 is and how strong they ACTUALLY are... and then the espada get their kicks in
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 05:19   Link #64
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Tbh I'm glad it's turned out this way because I seriously didn't want Rukia and Renji to be upstaged by any of these VC's except maybe Ikkaku.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 09:08   Link #65
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
In actuality nothing. As far as SS is concerned he's a convicted criminal hence why he was ejected and can never return.
Yeah, but remember that Yamamoto Genryuusai-taichou-sama asked Urahara to Set up the Pillars and make the Grganta for the SS captains to pass through...

That's gotta mean that at least ol' Yama considers Urahara an Ally...
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 09:12   Link #66
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
that would have spoiled the moment, y'know a bit over the top... its one of those things where the implication of what just happened is more effective than actually seeing it happen... a little like how in "the phantom of the opera" its better to never see the the ugly half of the phantom's face (hated that in the movie)

that last page with Kira calmly standing over the arrancar with his sword neatly around his neck hit home how hopeless the situation was... that panel was actually more effective then the head chopping afterward would have been
Not if he did it right, like showing a close up of the back of the guys head lying there and Kira walking away with his sword in it's sheath.

Quote:
fact is Kira and Yumichika and a few others have hax weapons... most anyone can be taken down with their shikai. It's like, unless the privaron could avoid being even HIT by Kira's sword he would very likely still loose (and he apparently swings his sword pretty quick considering he got like 4 hits per wing against the arrancar in that brief moment)... funny thought Kira vs kenpachi and kenpachi lets kira get in a few dozen hits to show off how strong he is =p (kanpachi still wins... he's got hax-like strength)... though seriously if Kira actually did acquire captain level skills he would be pretty dangerous with such a hax power
Ichigo might be able to lift his sword after cos he is used to using that giant buster like sword whilst in his bankai form it is like a normal katana so lifting it should be nothing in bankai form, Byakuya it wouldnt effect same with Matsumoto, Hitsugaya (just use his ice dragon to attack), Yamamoto, Soifon it might effect but she still has shunko, I don't know about Mayuri.
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 10:13   Link #67
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Ichigo might be able to lift his sword after cos he is used to using that giant buster like sword whilst in his bankai form it is like a normal katana so lifting it should be nothing in bankai form, Byakuya it wouldnt effect same with Matsumoto, Hitsugaya (just use his ice dragon to attack), Yamamoto, Soifon it might effect but she still has shunko, I don't know about Mayuri.
Well i was refering more directly to the comment that was saying that getting beaten by Kira makes the arrancar look terribly weak... and the arrancar have the added problem in that they do not know about his shikai and do not know that getting hit by it can put them at the fast track to defeat

Gotta keep in mind that Kira's shikai isn't exclusive to objects... he strikes a part of your body it too would double in weight. Fighter needs to either be a long range type fighter or must be able to hit Kira at close range without getting hit back... VC's may not be nearly as good as captains but they are generally atleast good enough to trade a couple of blows with them... And Kira does seem to have some level of skill if he strike a guy like 4 times in 4 different limbs like he did with the arrancar (his wings weight 16x as much each); never made the claim that he's unbeatable, but his sword is pretty devestating, enough so that he could deal with enemies that most VC's probably couldn't
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 10:15   Link #68
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
There are some others, which I do not feel so strongly about, like Rukia and Chad - they could have died, but it wouldn't have such a big impact as those four listed above, so I don't really care about them that much.
uhh....wut?

Chad - Ichigo's best friend
Rukia - Ichigo's unofficial main squeeze

substantial impact on the main character I would think.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:14   Link #69
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
uhh....wut?

Chad - Ichigo's best friend
Rukia - Ichigo's unofficial main squeeze

substantial impact on the main character I would think.
Not as much if you take it in the context of when they would have "died"... the last time rukia could have died and the last 2 times chad each could have died was when they were all alone. This can REALLY lessen the overall impact... hearing about the friend dying is nothing compared to watching it first hand...

and the previous time when Rukia was struck by Grim, the moment would have lacked the necessary build up you usually find in a main character level death; things such as self-reflection, some kind of heavy revelation, heroic sacrifice, or some kind of serious advancement in the connection between her and another... Death for Rukia at that moment would have been more of a "that wasn't so hard"-famous-last-words kind of moment... that's a kind of death is reserved for redshirts or named lesser characters (like this current crop of arrancar)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:28   Link #70
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Not as much if you take it in the context of when they would have "died"... the last time rukia could have died and the last 2 times chad each could have died was when they were all alone. This can REALLY lessen the overall impact... hearing about the friend dying is nothing compared to watching it first hand...

and the previous time when Rukia was struck by Grim, the moment would have lacked the necessary build up you usually find in a main character level death; things such as self-reflection, some kind of heavy revelation, heroic sacrifice, or some kind of serious advancement in the connection between her and another... Death for Rukia at that moment would have been more of a "that wasn't so hard"-famous-last-words kind of moment... that's a kind of death is reserved for redshirts or named lesser characters (like this current crop of arrancar)
Main characters dieing from stab injuries

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3...ch10918oa9.jpg

To refresh your memory Ichigo gets stabbed is lying in a pool of blood with a broken zangetsu .... Ichigo is transported into Zangestu ...... After he returns his Zanpakuto is restored and the stab wound is sealed up by Zangetsu .

So why does Rukia getting healed is surprising to you ?
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:49   Link #71
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
He said if Rukia were to die, it would be in the presence of Ichigo and her friends. So it didn't suprise him that she lived through her encounter with Arronero.

In terms of characters dying and coming back to life, Bleach is right up there with Dragonball Z. Orihime being the Senzu beans.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 22:24   Link #72
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
He said if Rukia were to die, it would be in the presence of Ichigo and her friends. So it didn't suprise him that she lived through her encounter with Arronero.

In terms of characters dying and coming back to life, Bleach is right up there with Dragonball Z. Orihime being the Senzu beans.
I thought Orihime was the dragon balls....that you always have with you. Also how much blood do the characters lose each chapter shouldn't they have less than 1 litre right now?

@Slayerx I don't think Kira will be able to even land a hit against Bankai Ichigo, cos in that state, Ichigo does super shunpos that Byakuya's bankai/shikai couldn't keep up with and with the mask Ichigo can ignore any drawbacks cos the mask is awesome like that
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 01:56   Link #73
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Did he ever had another side?
I think he just means he "can kill in cold blood" and the hole war is bad speach.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 02:31   Link #74
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
lol DBZ, Bleach Comparison.

Ichigo: Goku
Rukia: Krillin
Renji: Vegeta
Chad: Yamacha
Ishida: Tenshihan
Orihime: Shenlong
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 02:36   Link #75
ArtCp
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
lol DBZ, Bleach Comparison.

Ichigo: Goku
Rukia: Krillin
Renji: Vegeta
Chad: Yamacha
Ishida: Tenshihan
Orihime: Shenlong
Shouldn't Rukia be Chi-chi?
ArtCp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 03:57   Link #76
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
Shouldn't Rukia be Chi-chi?
I think she should be Chi-chi too cos Chi-chi is the overly aggresive b*tch that cares
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 05:13   Link #77
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
It doesn't work cause Goku doesn't really confide in Chi Chi, and Chi Chi is a minor character that doesn't do anything other than pop babies for storyline. Krillin is the little buddy that they went through things together. They're the best buddies deal which suit Ichigo and Rukia better.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 06:49   Link #78
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
no, Renji is Krillin. Rukia is bulma. Grim would be Vegeta
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 08:16   Link #79
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
It's a whole lot easier to make connections with Yu Yu Hakusho.

Yusuke = Ichigo
Botan = Rukia
Keiko = Orihime
Genkai = Yoruichi
Koenma = Urahara
Sensui = Aizen

The list goes on.....
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 09:51   Link #80
Shana-Chana
Shakugan No Shana
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: U.S.
I wonder when the third bleach movie will come out.
Shana-Chana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.