AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-09, 06:36   Link #1
lordwu

Episode 6 Discussion (Possible Spoiler!)

Just watched episode 6. Not far from what I thought it will be and the fight between Haruka and Mitsuki is building up.

And Ayu Mayu theater is still funny as hell.
Old 2003-11-09, 07:09   Link #2
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I enjoyed it...
It was a good ep overall, but lacked the emotional impact I received from ep4....

(Spoilers below... tho being the thread name, I don't really think it's neccessary to say so...)

That glance akane gave Taka (after yelling at him) near the end made me wonder... she looked like she was actually less angry at him, perhaps...
I can hope at least ^_^

Also, Taka seemed *strong* in his "It's okay" at the start of the ep (Between him and mitsuki)... but at the end, it sounded as if he was wavering... did anyone else think so o_O ?
Old 2003-11-09, 10:26   Link #3
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
I enjoyed it...
That glance akane gave Taka (after yelling at him) near the end made me wonder... she looked like she was actually less angry at him, perhaps...
I can hope at least ^_^
I sure hope that the authors will involve Akane's feelings along with the rest of the two, cuz honestly I think that the story isn't complete without her.

Quote:
Also, Taka seemed *strong* in his "It's okay" at the start of the ep (Between him and mitsuki)... but at the end, it sounded as if he was wavering... did anyone else think so o_O ?
So once again Takayuki gets thrown back into emotional turmoil, I sorta feel sorry for that guy.
Old 2003-11-09, 10:31   Link #4
GUTB_

WHERE are you people getting these raws?
Old 2003-11-09, 12:23   Link #5
lordwu

Quote:
I enjoyed it...
It was a good ep overall, but lacked the emotional impact I received from ep4....
As I said, this episodes builds up emotions for the showdown between Haruka and Mitsuki.

Lucier, I think I'll still put your comments in spoiler tags.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Definitely she has some special feelings for him. Let's see how it plays out.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-09, 15:57   Link #6
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah, I like how this episode finally shows Takayuki's true nature without interference now that both girls are once again up and active... He's too nice and too indecisive (hmm... sounds very familiar) that it's all coming to haunt him. But it's good to see that he's not too obsessed or depressed anymore though.

But anyway, the tension of the triangle (or rectangle depending on Akane's TRUE feelings... ) builds up... And I think that whatever results from this won't be very pleasant...
Old 2003-11-09, 21:18   Link #7
GUTB_

Okay. Anybody who says this episode is pro-Haruka is nuts. She had to practically PRY his hand out to do the oath thing. Great scene there -- Takayuki doing his level best to pretend like nothings going on just can't move his hand. He finally relents, but you cn't help but feel a little sorry for her.

And, wow, he and Mitsuki just CAN'T get enough of each other. I mean, can't they move three steps to the bed? LOL!
Old 2003-11-09, 21:43   Link #8
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_
Okay. Anybody who says this episode is pro-Haruka is nuts. She had to practically PRY his hand out to do the oath thing. Great scene there -- Takayuki doing his level best to pretend like nothings going on just can't move his hand. He finally relents, but you cn't help but feel a little sorry for her.

And, wow, he and Mitsuki just CAN'T get enough of each other. I mean, can't they move three steps to the bed? LOL!
Unfortunatly that's all it seems they have...

Dissapointing really...I know sex is good and all but that's ALL they ever do.
Old 2003-11-09, 21:50   Link #9
GUTB_

Actually, Mitsuki was very scincere and passionate in her expression of her love. In fact, the most scincere we've seen them be to one another, or in fact any two characters at all. These two are practially married now.

BTW, when Mitsuki came out of the shower, was she wearing one of Takayuki's shirts? I seem to think so. God, that's so lovey-dovey it makes me ill
Old 2003-11-09, 22:26   Link #10
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Okay. Anybody who says this episode is pro-Haruka is nuts.
Yeah, that's true I guess... This one's pro-Mitsuki which continues the pattern of alternate episodes supporting each of the two main female leads...

Anyway, yeah, Takayuki seems to be passionate here (or at least in the beginning of the episode)... But you can really tell that he's wavering between the two. He's really not committed to Mitsuki yet, he wants to be, but he just isn't. And the latter half of the episode shows how that's the case.
Old 2003-11-09, 22:34   Link #11
GUTB_

Okay, you'll have to fill me in -- when was the last Haruka-centered episode?

At least Akane is applying pressure to the relationship.
Old 2003-11-09, 22:36   Link #12
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Okay, you'll have to fill me in -- when was the last Haruka-centered episode?

At least Akane is applying pressure to the relationship.
I guess you missed our discussion last week? By Pro-Haruka and Pro-Mitsuki I mean how each episode focuses on Takayuki's feelings for each of the girls. Ep 5 clearly showed how much he cared for Haruka, and so did Ep 3. If you didn't see that you should watch them again...
Old 2003-11-09, 22:52   Link #13
GUTB_

Ep.5? I guess you missed the date with Mitsuki. And the sex with Mitsuki. And the relentless focus on Mitsuki's feelings and how she deals with Takayuki's depression.

Ep.3? I guess you missed the sex with Mitsuki. And Mitsuki working out their relationship with Takayuki and relentlessly dealing with their feelings for one another.

There is ONE episode that concentrated on Haruka, and that is 2. And even then Mitsuki was a huge plot factor, much moreso than Haruka was in any other episode. I mean, just DEAL with the fact that this series is nakedly pro-Mitsuki. You can like Haruka as much as you want, but it won't change the fact that this series focuses RELENTLESSLY on M+T.
Old 2003-11-09, 23:03   Link #14
Shift_

The episodes have been alternating on the girls that Takayuki's feelings focus on...it's really wierd, which is why it's REALLY hard to tell what the ending will be until maybe ep 8-10 when the story starts to seprate from what the ending should really be.
Old 2003-11-09, 23:08   Link #15
Key Board
Donut

message deleted at the request of the original poster
Old 2003-11-09, 23:09   Link #16
Shift_

Quote:
Ep.5? I guess you missed the date with Mitsuki. And the sex with Mitsuki. And the relentless focus on Mitsuki's feelings and how she deals with Takayuki's depression.

Ep.3? I guess you missed the sex with Mitsuki. And Mitsuki working out their relationship with Takayuki and relentlessly dealing with their feelings for one another.

There is ONE episode that concentrated on Haruka, and that is 2. And even then Mitsuki was a huge plot factor, much moreso than Haruka was in any other episode. I mean, just DEAL with the fact that this series is nakedly pro-Mitsuki. You can like Haruka as much as you want, but it won't change the fact that this series focuses RELENTLESSLY on M+T.
I guess you missed how he stayed by Haruka's side, tried to take her out of the hospital, was talking to her, got super depressed when Haruka's parents told him to stop visiting.

The Date with Mitsuki was WORTHLESS, what did he do right after? Go see Haruka right away...he went to all the places where he and Haruka went...he got fucked up in the head.

I guess you also missed how sex isn't any progress in a relationship, I mean THAT'S all the have, I see Mitsuki as a "sex-toy" type thing to Takayuki. I mean when she asked him to say he loved her, what happened? Nothing with feeling that's what.

The episodes have been alternating, some things are harder to see...but they're clearly alternating. I've only seen the Raw of Ep 6, but I think Ep 6 is a tie right now...I can't say 100% Since I can only understand maybe 25% of what they're saying. But it DOES show that Takayuki is struggling with both girls.

And in all honesty, I've been through many relationships, and from my point of view, Mitsuki is the only one that's really "into" the relationship that Takayuki and her share...it's SAD but true...

I saw the Haruka/Takayuki Relationship as being a more healthy and better relationship....but it still wasn't that good...
Old 2003-11-09, 23:25   Link #17
GUTB_

LOL. A year-long funk of depression? A roll in the sack with Mitsuki seemed to fix that right up, didn't it.

Just look at facts: what has the show offered up for Haruka? That they held hands and almost did it? More than 3 years has passed. Everyone has moved on. Takayuki no longer shudders at the thought of Haruka. Mitsuki is kind of fragile and uncertain -- and it's apparant that she's still haunted by the guilt of her actions. But these two have re-affirmed their love again and again and AGAIN. They've been solid for years now. They aren't breaking up over something he had going with Haruka in high school for less than a month -- and he had feelings for Mitsuki back then, too. The last four episodes have been nothing but establishing and building on their relationship. Haruka is just a background event, like a war or natural disaster.

This show is all about two people comming together through pain and guilt and trying to make their love work. It's dead obvious.
Old 2003-11-09, 23:53   Link #18
Shift_

I guess you haven't been in too many relationships...but again this is anime...it doesn't have to follow real life.

Takayuki doesn't seem to CARE that's the impression I get. I can't say I call it love at all, I see it more as "companionship" if that.

It's IDENTICAL to a relatonship I went though. Yea it seemed like it was all loveydovey...but all we did was hit it in the sack it lasted a LONG time, hell it was the longest relationship I had, but I can't say that it was a healthy relationship, it was more of something as a companionship.

Now the LAST relationship I had was a short one, probally not the shortest one I've had, but it was the one that ment the most to me, how many times did we hit the sack? none...foreplay here and there...nothing else...although we were broken up due to unforseen circumstances...we'll probally get back together. On the outside, this relationship was lovey-dovy, but not as lovey dovey as the other one...

So as you can see looks CAN be decieving.

Just drawing from my personal experiences. But again Anime probally will never follow how real life stuff works
Old 2003-11-09, 23:54   Link #19
lordwu

This episode is definitely pro-Haruka. You can't just judge it by the time each character showed their face. This episode put Haruka back to the arena (fighting for T's love) so I would say it's a pro-Haruka episode.
Old 2003-11-10, 00:02   Link #20
GUTB_

Mitsuki: re-affirmation of love and some more sex.

Haruka: forced to hold hands.

I see now how this episode can be called pro-Haruka. It's so blatantly obvious I am actually shocked into speechlessness.