AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-03, 12:51   Link #561
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Schneizel with BK prooved that geass works against the user. After all geass creates only lies.
How to now where is the truth if we still have geass?
Geass IS the truth. If you search for ultimate truth, then the closest thing to it is Geass. Normal humans in CG aren't even "close" to God, while Geass can actually be used against it.
Old 2008-09-03, 12:53   Link #562
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Because Geass is NOT a way to gain peace. All it does is warp free will to suit the selfish desires of the one casting it. That is not how things should be used.
And what if Lelouch ends up creating peace with his Geass... I mean heck, the spoilers say he wants Britannia to join the UNF.

And there is no way in hell his intelligence alone would work at this point. There are way too many people who hate him/betrayed him/distrust him at this point. He dug the hole with Geass, he has to use it to dig himself out at this point.
Old 2008-09-03, 12:56   Link #563
El_Negro
El_Negro

I'd pay 2 see Lelouch not use his geass to convince the nobles that he is now the 99th Emperor
Old 2008-09-03, 12:58   Link #564
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Oh, why blame everything on Geass. Blame the users.
We don't know the history of Geass apart from V.V. and C.C.. Plus her Nun.
Geass could be the one thing which pushed progress in Code Geass world. It gives you power. Not everyone will use it for revenge and to change the world. Some of them may use it for greater good. It's not stated that there are only two codes. It's just that we are shown of only two codes. Most of immortals probably don't angst about world and don't try to destroy/recreate it.
Geass by default is used for selfish reasons no matter HOW you use it or for WHAT reason. It takes away a humans right to think and act on their own. That is called an evil power and it can never be used for "good." It can be used with good intentions, but good intentions can lead to bad results.

Quote:
Lelouch might introduce Geass to the whole world. Yes, it will shake world's peace, but it will get rid of "lie" geass. Geass will be known to everyone.
Great. THAT would go over well. More like cause mass pandemonium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro
I guess what Orga is trying to state is that It'll be best 4 Lelouch & Suzaku to stay their asses in the World of C since using Geass is definitely bad and bending people's will
No. But they don't have to use Geass at all to get what they want. They were planning for a month and that is their best plan? Lelouch will NEVER beat Schneizel if his only line of defense is Geass. Schneizel is too smart for that.

Quote:
Cuz in a room full of nobles who practically don't give a flying fuck about numbers and would not want their new Emperor be a high school student, geass is definitely not the best option 4 Lelouch to utilize in order for him & suzaku to start to change Britiannian's Darwinistic system thus actually changing or reforming Britiannia from within
That is nice and all, but guess what? I don't see any signs of him stopping. And Geassing people into submission is called wrong. No matter WHAT the intentions.
Old 2008-09-03, 12:59   Link #565
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
I'd pay 2 see Lelouch not use his geass to convince the nobles that he is now the 99th Emperor
He'll be like:

Lelouch: "Gotcha. I was joking. I didn't kill father. He just wanted me to take over the throne for this generation while he enter his retirement. Brother had a baby with a Jap, and he said he would live with her because if he doesn't, she'll blackmail him and tell the truth to the royal family....."

Ody: "Oh I see.. ALL HAIL LELOUCH."

Lelouch: (Oops, I guess I told the news to them myself. kukuku I'm so evil it hurts.)
Old 2008-09-03, 13:01   Link #566
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
And what if Lelouch ends up creating peace with his Geass... I mean heck, the spoilers say he wants Britannia to join the UNF.[
Again, mass Geass spamming will only bend the wills of everyone around them. You know, like his damn father tried to do. Is that hard to get for some people or something?

Quote:
And there is no way in hell his intelligence alone would work at this point. There are way too many people who hate him/betrayed him/distrust him at this point. He dug the hole with Geass, he has to use it to dig himself out at this point.
Oh please. If Lelouch is half as smart as he is supposed to be, intelligence should get him farther than Geass.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:01   Link #567
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orga777 View Post
yeah and? Ever hear that tech always loses to magic? Schneizel can't confront lelouch face to face or it will result in a 100% failure on his part. He has nothing. Damocles is nice and all that, but he can't really confront lelouch. Geass trumps everything he has and since lelouch will have the world as well, schneizel's one weapon is meaningless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orga777 View Post
no. But they don't have to use geass at all to get what they want. They were planning for a month and that is their best plan? Lelouch will never beat schneizel if his only line of defense is geass. Schneizel is too smart for that.
Massive WTF now
Old 2008-09-03, 13:02   Link #568
El_Negro
El_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
He'll be like:

Lelouch: "Gotcha. I was joking. I didn't kill father. He just wanted me to take over the throne for this generation while he enter his retirement. Brother had a baby with a Jap, and he said he would live with her because if he doesn't, she'll blackmail him and tell the truth to the royal family....."

Ody: "Oh I see.. ALL HAIL LELOUCH."
Lol like they'll believe that right

They knew the Emp was absent 4 a month and if he was in Japan the Black Knights or the News Station that Milly works 4 would give the word up, heck he's royalty after all
Old 2008-09-03, 13:02   Link #569
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Because convincing a room full of nobles that he killed his father, with said nobles taking that mostly as a joke and ordering guards with intent to kill, without Geass, is entirely possible.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:03   Link #570
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Massive WTF now
I guess that can be confusing if you first look at it huh?

Now to explain. Schneizel will not confront Lelouch face to face due to Geass. Which means Schneizel will set things up (you know, using his smarts since he doesn't have or need Geass) so Lelouch will NEVER beat him with Geass. Get it now?
Old 2008-09-03, 13:04   Link #571
eaglei3

Quote:

Now to explain. Schneizel will not confront Lelouch face to face due to Geass. Which means Schneizel will set things up (you know, using his smarts since he doesn't have or need Geass) so Lelouch will NEVER beat him with Geass. Get it now?
Oh, so you flip flopped on that argument and Schneizel is capable now.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:05   Link #572
Dream_Traveller
Banned

You seem to forget that Lelouch has the WHOLE of the fucking Britannian Empire on his side. 'Oh, but it was through Geass'- who gives a shit? Lelouch has something to fight Schneizel with. Plus, he has Suzaku, he will get Kallen, and he'll merge the UFN with the empire. He's not at a loss.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:05   Link #573
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Geass by default is used for selfish reasons no matter HOW you use it or for WHAT reason. It takes away a humans right to think and act on their own. That is called an evil power and it can never be used for "good." It can be used with good intentions, but good intentions can lead to bad results.

Great. THAT would go over well. More like cause mass pandemonium.

No. But they don't have to use Geass at all to get what they want. They were planning for a month and that is their best plan? Lelouch will NEVER beat Schneizel if his only line of defense is Geass. Schneizel is too smart for that.

That is nice and all, but guess what? I don't see any signs of him stopping. And Geassing people into submission is called wrong. No matter WHAT the intentions.
And good intentions can lead to good results.
So can you actually suggest something Lelouch and Suzaku could come think of in one month time? Lelouch doesn't have a right to be Emperor, even if he killed Emperor. In this case Emperor should be Odysseus. Only Geass allowed him to change this situation. And without him becoming Emperor there is no way for him and Suzaku to change Britannia.
Hmm. No one said it was right. But it's the only way.
Oh, and I also don't see him stopping using Geass.
Everyone with Geass and those, who have big connection to Geass plot is awesome for me. Their personalities are much better than those without Geass.
Geass is what I like the most about this show. How people use it for their needs, which can't be brought without it.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:05   Link #574
El_Negro
El_Negro

Quote:

I guess that's what makes Schneizel such a badass, he doesn't need magic to get what he wants, he kicks ass either way
Old 2008-09-03, 13:06   Link #575
TheDisruptiveOne

Orga is apparently a big Schneizel fanboy. He's the Kanon of the Animesuki Forums.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:06   Link #576
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Because convincing a room full of nobles that he killed his father, with said nobles taking that mostly as a joke and ordering guards with intent to kill, without Geass, is entirely possible.
SO why the fuck didn't he do that in teh first place then?
Sorry, no matter the intentions, it is still wrong and it still isn't how they should do things. Maybe Lelouch just isn't convincing enough though. Or maybe his intellect was overrated. Either way, I don't agree with how he did it. Geass causes more problems than good. I wonder when Lelouch will finally learn that.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:07   Link #577
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Orga is apparently a big Schneizel fanboy. He's the Kanon of the Animesuki Forums.
Not quite. but I WAS hoping for pure mind game, strategic battle of epic proportions between Schneizel and Lelouch. But it looks like I will be denied that because Geass is still around.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:08   Link #578
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
SO why the fuck didn't he do that in teh first place then?
Sorry, no matter the intentions, it is still wrong and it still isn't how they should do things. Maybe Lelouch just isn't convincing enough though. Or maybe his intellect was overrated. Either way, I don't agree with how he did it. Geass causes more problems than good. I wonder when Lelouch will finally learn that.
Yes, it's probably overrated. And even Lelouch admits that Schneizel is better.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:08   Link #579
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Not quite. but I WAS hoping for pure mind game, strategic battle of epic proportions between Schneizel and Lelouch. But it looks like I will be denied that because Geass is still around.
I wonder if they felt obligated to keep geass around for some reason. It's pretty obvious that the story would have been more interesting if he had come out of Ragnarok without it.
Old 2008-09-03, 13:08   Link #580
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

I could hardly count Schneizel for being better than Lelouch yet. I mean he has been sitting on his throne all R1 and R2 making orders to appear and dissappear. Recording Lelouch's message and dissappear again, while this time, he gave Britannia to Lelouch. Lelouch on the other hand have been doing something. Hell he even proved to the front lines in battle at times.
Closed Thread

Tags
spoilers