AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-09-05, 19:16   Link #81
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

More than questoning the connectivity of this Amagai Arc people should just accept it . Put yourself in the shoes of Studio Pierrot . Bleach is a hella long running series these kind of discrepancies should be overlooked .The only long running anime which has been able to juggle anime orignal and regular arcs maintaining connectivity is One Piece . But that due to the fact One Piece is a travelling anime .
Old 2008-09-05, 19:17   Link #82
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Now everything become Complicated and im really shock because Amagai.
Old 2008-09-05, 22:41   Link #83
ulquiorra19

the ep are ok but they are gettin old they need to put more action dude
more espadas
ulquiorra19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 22:49   Link #84
Yoruichi
Lover of Soi Fon

I think the real mastermind is Geta Boshi, seeing as his avatar and sig are comprised of the Bakkatou eyes lol.
Old 2008-09-05, 22:55   Link #85
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
You know, something came into my mind when I was at work today...

I was thinking about the line Kenpachi said regarding his fight against Amagai for Amagai's Captain's proficiency test, "The old man tricked me", or something like that...

I have a hunch that who Kenpachi is referring to is actually Yamamoto...Going past the obvious that Yamamoto is older than Kenpachi and Amagai, and that Amagai and Kenpachi are probably around the same age...I started to make some connections here...

I referenced earlier that Amagai's selection has been both vague and unprecedented, both by the fact that Amagai was chosen from a hollow-hunting patrol unit, and that none of the other Captains in the 13 Protection Squads know who else supervised Amagai's Captain selection process, other than Yamamoto...I think the double-agent scenario for Amagai makes sense if you look at Amagai's appointment as a Captain as a set-up, in that Amagai in a sense is a pseudo-Captain, and not the real Captain of the 3rd Squad...Where Kenpachi's "The old man tricked me" comment comes in is that Yamamoto at least needed to make the selection and appointment process look as authentic as possible, and that included a battle against a pre-existing Captain for the proficiency test...So Yamamoto pit Amagai against Kenpachi, getting Kenpachi to believe this was a real proficiency test for Yamamoto, and then Yamamoto pulled the stops on the battle to keep it from getting serious, merely to "say" that Amagai is worth being a Captain for having "gone up" against Kenpachi...Kenpachi didn't really think much either way of his fight against Amagai when talking with Yachiro, hinting that nothing really happened in the "fight" between Amagai and Kenpachi...This would "officially" make Amagai a "Captain", and help set up the position that Yamamoto wanted Amagai to fulfill...

Of course it's just another hunch of mine, and it's probably too much thinking for just a filler, but it's actually starting to make sense to me...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 23:01   Link #86
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
and it's probably too much thinking for just a filler
Oh for the love of Papa Smurf...
Old 2008-09-06, 03:28   Link #87
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
I think the real mastermind is Geta Boshi, seeing as his avatar and sig are comprised of the Bakkatou eyes lol.
Ku Ku Ku Oh I wish . Thats not Bakkuto, its a tribute to my fave anime Kitaro . The picture is taken from Hakaba Kitaro<clik> featuring Medama Oyaji ^o^

Medama Oyaji : http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?i...maoyajiuq6.jpg
Old 2008-09-06, 07:06   Link #88
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Holycrap I didn't expect Amagai to be a traitor as well. It seems that the Captain of the 3rd squad is destined to be a traitor. Anyway I guess they had no choice but to kill the new captain cause if he's alive, it's not gonna be canon I guess.

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 12:22   Link #89
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
A little off topic, but someone negative repped me for "double standard" on this...just curious, how is it a double standard?

I did say

Is it really a double standard to want the anime to make a good story, even if it's not canon since it's not in the manga? I mean that's what I meant in the second part. I honestly don't care whether Amagai is a villain or not, or whether or not it has any bearing on the manga; whichever way they go with Amagai, I just want the reasoning to be convincing and not some contrived last minute cliche.

As far as it not having a point...well, I guess I just mean on that, why have so much team building stuff in a filler? I think Amagai is right, SS needs to restructure, but...this is a filler, so what happens in it might not even happen in the manga.

I really don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I came off offensive.
some people just lack reading comprehension

"Amagai is a bad guy oh noes!"

/em wait and see

he hasn't done shit yet besides kill Kumoi...can only be suspect right now, let's see if Studio Pierrot will make it obvious or take it in another direction
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 18:13   Link #90
Lendial

i wonder why almost no one bleeds, and why those VCs cant "kill" cannon fodder. on the bright side, awesome plottwist at the end.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 20:32   Link #91
Airyline

This definitely wont be wrapped up in the next episode... At the very least probably another 3 episodes.

Well.. What an episode this was. To me the best of the fillers so far. Non-stop action. You just knew when Amagai jumped in the way he was standing that he was a bad guy.

Why was Kumoi so scared of Amagai?
What were the eyes for the bakkuto for?
Why did he go to Yama-ji?
What did he take Lurichiyo with him for?

Thinking back on it, at first I thought maybe he took the eyes to frame ichigo for something to Yama-ji, but that theory soon left me. There is definitely another side to amagai... or is there? Kumoi seemed VERY scared of him, and Amagai did act kinda suspicious. Surely he doesn't think he'll be able to take on all of the 13 gotei squads himself. Theres more to it than what we can see. To add to it, there wasn't any previews of next week, because obviously theres going to be loads of action..

Myself.. I cant wait for it
Old 2008-09-07, 07:54   Link #92
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airyline View Post
This definitely wont be wrapped up in the next episode... At the very least probably another 3 episodes.

Well.. What an episode this was. To me the best of the fillers so far. Non-stop action. You just knew when Amagai jumped in the way he was standing that he was a bad guy.
If he was a bad guy he wouldn't go back to Yamamoto: there is something special about Lurichiyo, that must be the cause.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 08:57   Link #93
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I knew that Amagai wasnt the typical simple-minded-useless captain of the 13th squad. After Kifune showed his true colors i was more than sure about it since the reactions of Amagai were too normal for someone that smart.
I dont think Yamamoto nor Amagai are the kind of bad guy in Hueco Mundo but there must be something big behind Lurychio and those eyes. Maybe it is realted to the king of Soul Society?
Whatever the plan is, Ichigo is definitly going to be part of it and much alike the previous arcs, he will have no choice but get himself involved. Remember the first time it was Rukia, then Orihime was abducted to Hueco Mundo and now Lurychio...
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 09:55   Link #94
ArtCp

What?! Is Amagai turning on SS? How dare he copy Aizen like that :-(
ArtCp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 11:56   Link #95
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
My friend's theory is that Amagai took Lurychio to Yamamoto because she has to be put on trial for the Kasumi-Ooji family making the bakkatous (even though she herself didn't have any part in it), and thus being guilty of treason.
Old 2008-09-07, 16:45   Link #96
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
If Amagai is a traitor Kira will be shock again
Old 2008-09-07, 20:16   Link #97
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
My friend's theory is that Amagai took Lurychio to Yamamoto because she has to be put on trial for the Kasumi-Ooji family making the bakkatous (even though she herself didn't have any part in it), and thus being guilty of treason.
That theory isnt logical... if this was all part of Yamamoto and Amaga's plan then the logical thing to do was to take that old guy(the one with the red glass on one of his eyes) as Rukia stated. Instead Amagai killed the only one that could make things clear and then kidnapped Lurychio.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 02:14   Link #98
HaZzArD
Kenpachi FTW

Send a message via AIM to HaZzArD
even though things gotten more interesting, with this filler, i ended up reading the manga to the point where the anime stopped before, and i really cant wait until they go back to the main story
Currently Watching: We Got Married - Bleach - Clannad ~After Story~ - Toradora! - Kannagi - Chaos;Head - Kyou no Go Ni TV - Rosario + Vampire Capu2 - Yozakura Quarlet - Kemeko Deluxe - ef - a tale of melodies

Waiting on: Full Metal Panic! - Suzumiya Haruhi - Hana Kimi SP
HaZzArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 02:48   Link #99
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I rather have a few months of hiatus, then fillers that feels like an alternate universe to the real story line.
Old 2008-09-08, 03:10   Link #100
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I rather have a few months of hiatus, then fillers that feels like an alternate universe to the real story line.
...it IS an alternate universe. v_v

Boy, did this whole Amagai thing get everyone riled up. Some never saw it coming, some guessed it right, but we still don't know the whole story. And this don't necessarily discount Kubo from throwing Amagai into the main storyline, but it sure would be odd that that certain character turned out so differently in the two timelines.

Okay, let's compile the theories so far:
1-Amagai is a villain. He killed the old guy, kidnapped the loli, and went to Yama-ji to take him on.
2-Amagai is a villain. He killed the old guy and brought the loli to Yama-ji to trick SS.
3-Amagai is a double agent and kidnapped the loli to bring her to Yama-ji to make him look like the hero.
4-Amagai was an SS spy all along and kidnapped the loli, bringing her to Yama-ji to end this BS.

Correct me if I missed any or misread info. I'm hoping it's #4, personally. What it actually is though is anyone's guess. I just hope we get to see his Bankai before the arc is over =D

Last edited by Thewanderer; 2008-09-08 at 03:21.
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion, anime