AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-09-06, 03:10   Link #61
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Kubo has been wrong before so this wont be the first time . But it does raise a few eyebrows as Kt went to highlight the uniqueness of those two zanapkutos . If we are going to give KT the benefit of doubt, Uki swords are connected via ribbon that quite ornamental . The reason the ribbon exists is for talismans . While Shuhei's sword is connected via chain more so like Ikkaku's shikai

Old 2008-09-06, 12:14   Link #62
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

I think the uniqueness might be that the Uki and Shunsui have 2 zanpakuto spirits instead of 1 and Hisagi might just have the one maybe he can attach them together and use them as a double bladed lance

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 12:20   Link #63
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Hmm wind powers for Hisagi's shikai? Then it should have been a war fan :P Seems like Hisagi's like Ikakku in that he's only use the minimum power necessary to beat an opponent.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 13:08   Link #64
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep View Post
Now the only defence for yamomoto remaining is one that i read in another forum. Apparently what yama said specifically mentioned 'swords'. Well in that case, maybe he's still right.
That could be the answer.

The next chapter should be awesome. ^_^
Old 2008-09-06, 13:59   Link #65
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
It could function as a form of nunchuck, but one slip would chop off a limb...
Old 2008-09-06, 17:55   Link #66
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Kubo did nothing wrong, Yamamoto said they are the only double sword zanpaktous in ss, and they still remain the only ones as Hisagi doesn't have a sword.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:29   Link #67
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Interesting, the bands he wears on his arms are explosives. Kazeshini can be said to not be a double zanpakuto because of the chain. A little stretching it, but he hasn't made a plothole in this sense. I think it dosen't look particularly awesome, but then again, ill give kubo a break, its not like shuuhei is a main character or anything. Now if he gives ULQUIORRA a crappy release, i'm nuking SJ.

*don't quote me on that.
then Ukitake's wudnt count asd a double one, considering that he has that rope with the talismans on it connected his swords.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 18:36   Link #68
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelite View Post
Sure, whatever. As long as it stays in phony K-town, I'm good.

After all these months in HM, I'm kinda tired of it.

Although I don't see why they'd come in all at once. Kensei's fine to fly in on his own. But, whatever, grand entrance or not... I want to see Shuuhei's fight, and then the Vaizard's as well, since we know practically nothing about their fighting capabilites and it should prove to be interesting.

Not too excited about seeing anyone else's fight, though.
ive always had the imagicination that the 3 espada will beat the hell outta all the captains and just as they are about to be killed, the vizards show up and then Yamamto is like.. Hiraki Shinji.. you! and then Shinji kicks him in the gut or something and all vizards turn around and look dwon at the captains with their hollow masks. though anything is now predictable in manga, that'd be the most crazy thing ever.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 16:47   Link #69
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
ive always had the imagicination that the 3 espada will beat the hell outta all the captains and just as they are about to be killed, the vizards show up and then Yamamto is like.. Hiraki Shinji.. you! and then Shinji kicks him in the gut or something and all vizards turn around and look dwon at the captains with their hollow masks. though anything is now predictable in manga, that'd be the most crazy thing ever.
well many of the present taichous know the vaizards, since they were all in the lead of gotei 13

and, nobody defeats kyouraku shunsui & ukitake juushiro... I consider them upper class strength.
in short: a battle in which either kyouraku or ukitake gives all he has, that battle would be of such a great level that we haven't yet in all bleach seen anything like it.
of course that also applies to other characters but, I think SS taichous can defeat the espada...
Ryuuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 06:31   Link #70
BleachOD
Banned

This was the first Arrancar Release I really liked. Cool Shuihei I liked his dual Zankapakuto's. I can't wait to see him serve this lobster. I hope KT takes a little time with this one since Hisagi never gets to shine. I wouldn't mind if he went a four or five chapters. As long as he doesn't pull a Szayel...Four a five chapters and glimpse of Ichigo would be ok.

I WANNA SEE ICHIGO!<---Ignore yell of frustration.

There is a big debate all over regarding the "Twin Swords" Ukitake/Shunsui...now Hisagi.

What I believe...

No his is not like theirs. theirs are twins one sword splits into two. Hisagi's are dual; they come as pair. He has two instead of them being twin.There is difference. Twins unless fraternal are one half of the same whole. The Ovum splits into two. Originally they were one.

If I go and by two Ginsu Knives that look alike. It does not make them Twin. They are just the same model. It's the same principle. That's why I said dual and twin.

Both Ukitake and Shunsui pull their swords apart. Hisagi's just releases and he has two.
You?
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 06:43   Link #71
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Oh wow, OD, you're back! XD WB i guess

Oh yeah btw, shunsui has two swords from the start. Only ukitake pulls his apart.
Old 2008-09-08, 06:45   Link #72
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Oh wow, OD, you're back! XD WB i guess

Oh yeah btw, shunsui has two swords from the start. Only ukitake pulls his apart.
Uh...no he separates his too. Just differently (Psst I need a sig)
Old 2008-09-08, 08:41   Link #73
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Uh...no he separates his too. Just differently (Psst I need a sig)
Nope. Scep's right. Shunsui carries dual zanpakuto even when not released samurai-style.

But I agree with Geta's notion that the chain linking Hisagi's blades are supposed to make it function as one weapon along the lines of Ikkaku's zanpakuto, unlike the rope attaching Utitake swords which are probably ornamental or for kidou ability.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 13:07   Link #74
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Nope. Scep's right. Shunsui carries dual zanpakuto even when not released samurai-style.

But I agree with Geta's notion that the chain linking Hisagi's blades are supposed to make it function as one weapon along the lines of Ikkaku's zanpakuto, unlike the rope attaching Utitake swords which are probably ornamental or for kidou ability.
Does he? EEWW..... That kinda throws a wrench in my "Twin Sword" theory...

Hmmmm..OK! It still stands....Ukitake's are premature twins. You say they are born when they ...are delivered..not good right?....

Old 2008-09-08, 13:35   Link #75
ArtCp

If the captains defeat the top 3 espada and its later revealed that they are Vasto Lorde class I will stop reading Bleach.
ArtCp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 13:36   Link #76
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
the sealed form can look whatever the owner wants it to look like(Kensei, Mayuri, Yama-ji,..), right? then it's simple Shunsui shows off wile Ukitake is the modest type
Old 2008-09-08, 15:22   Link #77
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
the sealed form can look whatever the owner wants it to look like(Kensei, Mayuri, Yama-ji,..), right? then it's simple Shunsui shows off wile Ukitake is the modest type
So we've established that on the beach Shunsui wears speedos while Ukitake wears shorts, but what about their zanpakutou?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 21:10   Link #78
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
If the captains defeat the top 3 espada and its later revealed that they are Vasto Lorde class I will stop reading Bleach.
That's being a bit harsh don't you think?

If the captains beat the top 3 espada (correction, if ole Yamma, Ukitake and Shinsui beat the top 3 espada) in incredibly difficult fights that require them to use every bit of power they possess (which they haven't even shown at all yet) I think it'd be pretty awesome. It wouldn't be a cheap cop out unless someone like Soi Fon killed their ass. Then I might agree with you
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 22:40   Link #79
Lelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
That's being a bit harsh don't you think?

If the captains beat the top 3 espada (correction, if ole Yamma, Ukitake and Shinsui beat the top 3 espada) in incredibly difficult fights that require them to use every bit of power they possess (which they haven't even shown at all yet) I think it'd be pretty awesome. It wouldn't be a cheap cop out unless someone like Soi Fon killed their ass. Then I might agree with you
Considering the fuss made about the Vasto Lorde in the beginning (Ten VL = SS destroyed, meaning taking on every shinigami in Seretei as a HOLLOW and still having the upper hand)... I think it still would be pretty cheap for a captain to be able to take on an arrancarized (as we are lead to believe that somehow increases a hollow's strength) VL single-handed, no matter how difficult the battle would be.

I probably wouldn't give up on Bleach though (That's not what I read it for!). It would just be yet another point to add to the "In Bleach, powers do no remain constant" list.
Lelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 22:53   Link #80
Langus
Optimus Prime

There has to be resolution though. Obviously the good guys are going to win (I mean come on, it IS shonen after all...) but it would make me cringe to see Ichigo be the only one capable of taking the VL's down.

I'm curious though, what are your thoughts on the Vizards? Is the win cheapened if it's them who beat the VL and not the Captains?
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga