AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-09-05, 01:47   Link #1
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
And Lets Create a GFX Worm.

I have only just heard of this from Scep who introduced this to me like less than 5 mins ago and I believe this is a perfect chance for us GFX lover to show our creativity and personal style of techniques and styles.

~ I read a really inspirational quote form one of these site concerning the worm, now to find it...

I have only just heard of this and plan on organizing a possible creation for this. But as I am now, I have very little knowledge on this topic and ask for some help ^^

For those wondering, what the heck is a GFX Worm. Here it goes.

Quote:
A GFX Worm is a collection of images that are placed together to make one, extremely long, image. Each of the pieces submitted must follow on perfectly from the previous piece. This transition should be pretty much unnoticable, so as to further the idea that it is one, long image.
Samples and Examples of Existing worms for references and guides -

1.) http://worm.bluesfear.com/index2.html
2.) http://rscworm.terrybraun.net/
3.) http://www.gimpdome.com/worm/index.php?view=norm

ps: Reading on some basic FAQs and know how at the moment. I'll update this post for further reading ^^

ps2: I hope there are those who are interested in this project ^^ (I'm sure Scep would be )

* Those Interested, Raise your hand ^^

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Rules of the GFX Worm ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Image Size - 600x450 only
Image Format - Jpeg only (We don't want TIFF or BMP)

* It doesn't matter which program you use to create it, but the end format has to be Jpeg.
* No animation
* The worm will run from left to right

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Signing up ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Just post in the thread

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Submission of your GFX Worm ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

*message me (Aoie_Emesai or Scep) with them, or post it on the thread. [PM or on the guest message]
*And/Or post it here

♪ Your submission must continue with the flow of the previous one flawlessly, so thus it looks like one continuously and large image.
♪♪ Another/You can only start on theirs/yours after the initial or previous person has finished theirs.
♪♪♪ Post your finished project on the same post as your submission (so I can keep track of them and organize them)
♪♪♪♪ You are allowed up to 7 days to create your image and submit it after the completion of the previous panel.If you cannot complete it within that time, you will be removed from your spot and another will replace you.

Have fun and make some music ^^

Any Questions? Contact me(Aoie_Emesai) or Scep. We'll be glad to answer any question.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2008-10-28 at 20:34.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 01:47   Link #2
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Thank you Nightwish.
~~~~~~~
*Thanks for all those that participated in this GFX worm. If interest once arise and wish to restart on this project, feel free to contact me.

*We got 38 pieces done and I think we did a wonderful job :)
*Thank Scep too, he found the hosting site for me ^^

Feel free to check on what we have done on our worm, up to now - http://animesukiworm.webs.com/

This will contain all the important things. Submission and this is where the current progress of the overall activity will be gauged.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Open Slots/Panels ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1. Kina - Finished
2. Scep - Finished
3. AFFiX - Finished
4. GuidoHunter_Toki - Finished
5. escimo - Done
6. zSolaris - Done
7. lsley - Done
8. Solace - Completed
9. Supah Em - Done
10. KasumiGirl - Done
11. 2H-Dragon - Completed
12. KickHopper - Done
13. bkg9990 - Done
14. Terrestrial Dream - Done
15. Aoie_Emesai - Done
16. Drake - Completed
17. SweetHoney - Completed
18. P.G. - Done
19. Frailty - Done
20. Ratche - Done
21. zSolaris - In progress
22. Ichigo-Sora - Is Done
23. ren_db - Done
24. Solace - Done
25. KickHopper - Done
26. Terrestrial Dream - Completed
27. crazyhorse - Done
28. Arceon - Done
29. Aoie_Emesai - Completed
30. escimo - Completed
31. Outsmart - Done
32. Sacchin - Done
33. Drake - In Progress
34. Ichigo-Sora - Done
35. Scep - Done
36. P.G. - Done
37. geki~ - Done

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Progress ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

To check the progress, here's the link - http://animesukiworm.webs.com/

Thank you Scep for finding the hosting site ^^

ps: Updated up to Geki (3-4-09)

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2009-03-29 at 03:12.
Old 2008-09-05, 02:05   Link #3
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

*raises hand* XD

Whoa, that's fast. But yeah, i think it should be a interesting thing to try
Old 2008-09-05, 02:22   Link #4
escimo
Paparazzi

*holds one's hand high*
Old 2008-09-05, 02:29   Link #5
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

So the worm mania made it way here

Too bad there wont be any animation >.<

*oh look, a hand*

There's no fun of leading part tho .. Except make life as hard as you can for the next one to continue .. If you are evil
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 02:34   Link #6
Delitesco
Hobby Artist

I'd like to know more how this is done practically.
Old 2008-09-05, 02:37   Link #7
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
So the worm mania made it way here

Too bad there wont be any animation >.<

*oh look, a hand*

There's no fun of leading part tho .. Except make life as hard as you can for the next one to continue .. If you are evil
Looks like it ^^. I was thinking the same. Someone could make the edge of theirs as annoying and difficult as hell for the next. How evil... lol ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delitesco View Post
Like procedures and suches?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2008-09-05, 02:47   Link #8
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delitesco View Post
Basically everybody creates a 600 x 450 (or something around this size) piece of artwork that links to or blends with the work before you. if you mean exact techniques for the linking, its up to you, just blend, or have elements cross over to the next piece, anything you can think of. Abrupt stops are frowned on usually though. The work itself can be totally extract, photomanip, render, vector, brushwork, typography, anything. Basically, abstract.

Animation technically isn't allowed, mainly for the filesize i think. But as long as you don't make moving link.... i don't know, you might be able to work it out.

I think there are a few things we need to decide first, first thing being, where to host it. Especially with a thread in the feedback forum about image sizes, don't think its a good idea to host it here o_O
Old 2008-09-05, 03:05   Link #9
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It wouldn't be allowed for the simple fact that it would stretch the thread. That's a big no no. What could be done, is for the pieces to be made, and then attached together and hosted on an image hosting site, then thumbnailed here. Or offsite hosting. Something like that.
Old 2008-09-05, 03:43   Link #10
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Deviant Art.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-05, 04:05   Link #11
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Actually i was thining of a free hosting site like freewebs, simply so that we don't need to merge it together (part of the fun of a worm is selecting the individual pieces to see how they fit in ). Bandwith may or may not be a problem, cause i've seen some worms hosted on freewebs, like the gfxvoid worm.

Though the good thing about DA is that its stable and definitely won't run out of bandwith. Your call guys. Theres definitely no size problem, i think the limit is like what, 30 megabytes (though im not sure about the image size restrictions, don't think theres any)
Old 2008-09-05, 04:17   Link #12
ryuukazi
Empire of the Sun

Send a message via AIM to ryuukazi
i wouldnt mind participating *raises hand*

Thought I’d never see, The love you found in me, Now it’s changing all the time, Living in a rhythm where the minutes working overtime
ryuukazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 04:19   Link #13
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

We also need to trade psd files between the bits.

First we need the organizer and be the first bit.. Aoie?

Subsequent then submit their psd when done to the next person, and also the organizer.

We need to also discuss the size of each and also how long do each have the time to submit.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-05, 04:24   Link #14
ryuukazi
Empire of the Sun

Send a message via AIM to ryuukazi
Quote:

Subsequent then submit their psd when done to the next person, and also the organizer.

We need to also discuss the size of each and also how long do each have the time to submit.
should add that it be best to probably line up the order by whoever(whenever) they have time. for the quickest and most effective way of doing it in a timely matter

Thought I’d never see, The love you found in me, Now it’s changing all the time, Living in a rhythm where the minutes working overtime
ryuukazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 04:36   Link #15
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

I agree with the lining up, but one thing i've seen with many forums is that they line up, and the scheduled person ends up forgetting/happens to be busy at that time. So i think the line should be limited to maybe 5+ people.

Size, i propose 650 x 400, but smaller sizes can also be done. Theres a interesting one here, a sig sized one: http://www.tech-gfx.net/gfxworm/

Time... 3-5 days maybe?

Oh yeah, about the .psds thing. Wouldn't it be sufficient to exchange the jpgs? Cause there shouldn't be a need to modify the previous piece at all (unless of course, you want to refer to any renders that were inside) Though the psd exchange would be a good learning experience
Old 2008-09-05, 04:56   Link #16
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Psd exchange means we can merge it better so it flows better. As for modifying the previous piece, thats why we send the copy to the 1st head as well

Most worms I'm in gives a week to work with, there's a lot of things to do.. you need to wait for the previous piece before you can work on yours, then you also need to think how it can flow with the next one (unless you are evil)

As for peoples pulling out, we can always queue up, then maybe the head can give a head up to next one, if he cant/wont reply .. chop him off and send to the next one in line. Thats why the head must be ready, since its a lot of work involves in managing everyone
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-05, 05:10   Link #17
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

*is quiety heaving sighs of relief that i didn't create the thread myself*

What

Yeah the flowing thing. I dunno, general guide should be like, nothing too complex o_O K.I.S.S! (keep it simple, stupid)

I think a 7 day system would work alright, and people can always submit before the deadline.
Old 2008-09-05, 06:53   Link #18
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep View Post
*is quiety heaving sighs of relief that i didn't create the thread myself*

What

Yeah, one minute you make a post, the next you're organizing a monthly event.

What?

Anyway, joking aside it's a neat idea. I'd offer some input, but I'm as new to this concept as the rest of you. I'll do what I can to read up on it and help out tomorrow. For now, sleep beckons.
Old 2008-09-05, 11:08   Link #19
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

Hey, this sounds like fun.
*Raises hand*

KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 12:22   Link #20
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:

I don't mind organizing but I would like another person to help me since this is also my first time.

~

Ah ha and I found my answer concerning time constraint. Simply a time period b/t each slots of the worm is given to a person who has chosen it, and it won't matter why but if you cannot submit it before your allotted time is up, you're gonna be skipped and given that slot to another person.

*Raise both your hand for the one who would like to help organize with me ^^ (I will only need one, first come first serve)

Kina? I don't mind anyone posting PSD for the next person to use, but not everyone has PSD. So I would suggest you either post the PSD and a high quality format such as TIFF or PNG too. Since if this thread is gonna be active, i'll have to create a few quickie links to your PSD for easier navigation.

ex. Kina

PSD - mediafire link1
PNG - mediafire link 2

* I think the size 400x500 sounds good. Any more suggestions about sizes?

* I was thinking since this is our first time I think a 10-15 image worm would be the best choice for us.

ps: Gahh... I didn't want to search my own info when I search "GFX Worm" >.<. I get no help and information when I search my own stuff, lol ^^