AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-05, 15:54   Link #1
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Romance/slice of life/"deep" currently airing shows

I've looked through the summaries on various websites, but anime can be unpredictable and I can't watch the first episode of every single series that's currently airing, so I'd like to ask which shows people would recommend that are currently airing. I like romance, slice of life, but most of all I like well-made series that are more than just throwaway entertainment regardless of genre. I don't really like harem or dating sim anime that much, but if it's done in a good way like True Tears then I don't mind. Think Honey and Clover, Kare Kano, Ghibli films that sort of thing. Any recommendations?

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2008-09-05, 16:51   Link #2
Coruja

These are not necessarily "airing" right now, but all of them are pretty recent, if I reckon correctly)
Eh, I love Minami-Ke, and it fits your criteria, so you shoud definitely watch it...! There is a third season in the works, and the second season, Minami-ke Okawari aired not long ago. I think Itazura na Kiss is still airing...? Also, Nodame Cantabile, as the second season is almost airing.
Old 2008-09-05, 22:43   Link #3
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

If you absolutely must have airing, you need to watch Bounen no Xam'd which is shaping up to be the year's best. As for your slice of life love, hidamari Sketch season 2 is airing - if you haven't seen season one, watch it and then catch up to season 2 - it's easily one of if not the best slice of life series out there.
Old 2008-09-06, 01:58   Link #4
Nemuru

Natsume yuujinchou?
Old 2008-09-07, 01:57   Link #5
InitialGT

Even though it's a completed series, you should definitely check out genshiken 1 & 2
Old 2008-09-07, 08:49   Link #6
Echoes

The best thing that's "airing" in my eyes is without a doubt Kara no Kyoukai, it's unparalleled in greatness. It's a series of films, though, and you'll have to be patient for the new installments.

Seconding Bonen no X'amd, the show has shown great potential thus far, and would be worth watching for the visuals alone.

Nijuu Mensou no Musume. Fine adventure and mystery, Hirano Aya delivers a great performance as the female lead.

Natsume Yuujinchou.
Very touching episodic adventures of a boy who can see spirits and other supernatural beings, which he gets involved with in one way or another. (Oh, already recommended, consider it seconded.)
Old 2008-09-07, 11:16   Link #7
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
The "deepest" show that's "currently airing" is absolutely Kara no Kyoukai.
Closed Thread