AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-14, 09:08   Link #21
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
But it's gonna be Jyunichi, surely? Jyunichi in the anime wasn't that bad...he just wasn't that much of anything.

Not one of my favourites at all, but not one of the most irritating ones for sure.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:13   Link #22
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So we have a Kimi ga Nozomu Eien alternate route OVA, a Clannad alternate route OVA, and now a D.C. alternate route OVA....

I see a trend.
For me, it's a great way to re-spark interest in anime that have ended. The Kimi ga Nozomu Eien OVA did that for me. I'm really hoping the Da Capo OVA does the same, especially since I am a Kotori fan.

I'm now expecting an alternate OVA for every anime I've seen. Still waiting for that alternate School Days OVA in which that really horrible ending never happened.
Old 2008-09-14, 12:50   Link #23
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I'm now expecting an alternate OVA for every anime I've seen.
Other people might see it as a horrible way to milk a series, appease the fans and avoid experimenting with new ideas and just reuse old formulas. In this specific case it might be something positive, but if done in a grand scale it could go horribly wrong.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:26   Link #24
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
But it's gonna be Jyunichi, surely? Jyunichi in the anime wasn't that bad...he just wasn't that much of anything.

Not one of my favourites at all, but not one of the most irritating ones for sure.
I, for one, took "At least it's not that guy" to mean like "At least this time, it's not D.C.II, so it's not about that rock Yoshiyuki", but maybe I just misunderstood everyone else. Anyway, that's what I meant anyway. Jun'ichi was a much better protagonist than Yoshiyuki could ever hope to be, considering how he actually acts like a human being.
Old 2008-09-14, 17:01   Link #25
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Other people might see it as a horrible way to milk a series, appease the fans and avoid experimenting with new ideas and just reuse old formulas. In this specific case it might be something positive, but if done in a grand scale it could go horribly wrong.
I was exaggerating a bit when I said I was expecting an alternate OVA for every anime I've seen, but you're right, I think that if it's done too much, it might devalue the original series and lose the incentive for new stories and ideas in anime. I think it works for Da Capo, because it's been awhile since Da Capo ended (not including Da Capo II).

That said I wouldn't mind seeing a few more alternate OVAs for the anime I enjoy. This Da Capo OVA has gotten me to re-watch past episodes of Da Capo. I really hope there's a nice balance and we don't become bombarded with alternate OVAs, if more alternate OVAs are to come.

But you're right, anything in excess can be bad.
Old 2008-09-14, 18:36   Link #26
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I, for one, took "At least it's not that guy" to mean like "At least this time, it's not D.C.II, so it's not about that rock Yoshiyuki", but maybe I just misunderstood everyone else. Anyway, that's what I meant anyway. Jun'ichi was a much better protagonist than Yoshiyuki could ever hope to be, considering how he actually acts like a human being.
It's probably safe to assume that any D.C. II alternate timeline would feature a "better Yoshiyuki" as well. In all the D.C. anime, the personalities of the leads were significantly muted. In the D.C. II anime in particular, they had to write out all of Yoshiyuki's decisiveness in order to keep multiple game plot arcs going. "Game" Yoshiyuki was definitely not a "rock" by any stretch -- only in the anime. So I'd just say that I wouldn't necessarily pre-judge the lead too much in these OVAs -- a stronger focus on one heroine will bring out different qualities, and possibly be truer to the game personalities.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:52   Link #27
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's probably safe to assume that any D.C. II alternate timeline would feature a "better Yoshiyuki" as well. In all the D.C. anime, the personalities of the leads were significantly muted. In the D.C. II anime in particular, they had to write out all of Yoshiyuki's decisiveness in order to keep multiple game plot arcs going. "Game" Yoshiyuki was definitely not a "rock" by any stretch -- only in the anime. So I'd just say that I wouldn't necessarily pre-judge the lead too much in these OVAs -- a stronger focus on one heroine will bring out different qualities, and possibly be truer to the game personalities.
I think the director for DCII just wanted to focus more on plot rather than with Yoshiyuki's character.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 19:07   Link #28
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I think the director for DCII just wanted to focus more on plot rather than with Yoshiyuki's character.
Yes, I think that's exactly why, and it was the same with Junichi in the original D.C. anime. The whole reason why the protagonists in bishoujo games are "faceless" is because it brings more focus on the actions of the heroines. All of the D.C. anime are written to tell the heroine's stories, whereas the games are written to tell Junichi/Yoshiyuki's stories. In the anime adaptations, Junichi and Yoshiyuki are sort of "along for the ride".

Anyway, my only point in saying this is that I don't expect OVA Junichi to have quite the same personality as original-anime Junichi, and so I wouldn't prejudge that aspect too much.
Old 2008-09-14, 20:14   Link #29
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
In the game, Jyunichi had really good chemistry with Kotori.

...though to be honest, he had good chemistry with mostly everyone.
Old 2008-09-14, 22:20   Link #30
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Any scans or pics so far?

how about the main site?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 06:46   Link #31
uis

I cant wait this...
After watching Seto no Hanayome OVA... and rewatch DC and DCSS currently...
I really cant wait anymore...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 13:44   Link #32
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I think there are a couple pics from the OVA up here (item #2):
http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/sakuhin/...privilege.html

Looking at the character designs, looks like FEEL is doing the animation, but we'll see...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 13:50   Link #33
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
The Animation looks nice

I love to see kotori back, but everytime i see junichi my killing intent is back too
Old 2008-11-24, 14:04   Link #34
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Looking at the character designs, looks like FEEL is doing the animation, but we'll see...
Seems like it. I never did understand why they found it necessary to completely redesign Jun'ichi, though... What was wrong with how he looked in the first season?
Old 2008-11-25, 15:27   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Seems like it. I never did understand why they found it necessary to completely redesign Jun'ichi, though... What was wrong with how he looked in the first season?
Wasn't necessarily anything wrong with it, I don't think, simply that the new look more-closely matched the way he looked in the games. When they did the character designs for D.C.S.S., they went back to the game, instead of basing it off the previous anime.

And yeah, production is definitely by feel, I'm guessing using the D.C.S.S. staff (and probably director). Makes sense.
Old 2008-11-26, 02:31   Link #36
DanielSong39

Am I the only one who misses the ZECXS team and Hikaru Nanase's music?

But Kotori (1st season) was an excellent character and I'm looking forward to her return. I'm not quite as sold on the DCSS version - but hopefully, she won't play the doormat role in the OVA. And Jyunichi has nowhere to go but up, once he sheds his siscon tendencies...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 02:39   Link #37
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Am I the only one who misses the ZECXS team and Hikaru Nanase's music?
Nope, I miss those too. While it seems like ZECXS won't be involved in this OVA, at least we can hope for Hikaru Nanase to do the music again... Right?
Old 2008-11-28, 12:53   Link #38
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Megami (January 2009) scan:

4084 x 5931 px ; 2,5 MB
Old 2008-11-28, 19:08   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Megami (January 2009) scan:

4084 x 5931 px ; 2,5 MB
This is a wonderful "i'm back~" picture.
Old 2008-12-03, 16:15   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So here's some news that I didn't realize. D.C.I.F. isn't just an OVA, but it's actually getting a full PS2 game release sometime in 2009 (published by Broccoli/Circus/Moonstone consumer-brand Sweets). The promo material in Dengeki G's Magazine (2009-01 issue) promises that it's game made especially for Kotori fans, but there may also be some other heroines. It sounds to me like it's a re-telling of the original D.C. game to be even more Kotori-centric, and features new and expanded Kotori scenes. Circus was never known to miss a marketing opportunity when it presented itself, but all in all, I suppose Kotori fans could say that their time has come.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen