AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 06:51   Link #101
FatalMemory

You see, this is why Nemu exploding into a puff of Sakura's and disappearing from everyone's memories would've been the best end for the Da Capo anime.
She inhibits love from beyond the grave!
FatalMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 10:54   Link #102
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalMemory View Post
You see, this is why Nemu exploding into a puff of Sakura's and disappearing from everyone's memories would've been the best end for the Da Capo anime.
She inhibits love from beyond the grave!
Alas, if Nemu met her demise and/or disappeared from everyone's memories, Junichi would have most likely turned to Sakura. Let's not forget that Sakura was Junichi's "promised girl", "first love", and "childhood friend" - a combination that is tough to beat.

Siscon tendancies die hard in Da Capo; it's a staple in this franchise... thank goodness this is an IF show!
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 11:50   Link #103
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oddly enough, even with me favouring Kotori over the other two 'childhood friends', Kotori and Jun seems to feel out of place when I watched the show. It was the same with the KimiNozo Ovas, where I actually slightly leaned more towards that character.

It really just feels wrong... maybe because in both cases I've already made peace with the fact that they weren't the 'canon heroines'. Meh...
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:47   Link #104
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I enjoyed that. Liked the characters, liked the look (back to Zexcs from Feel, which did DC2). Not bored. Moved. The Da Capo characters may not be overly compelling, but I find them sympathetic. The increased emotion of this story follows on from the great emoting of Takagaki Ayahi as Otome in DC2 SS, which I thought was much better than the first season of DC2.

Da Capo may not be a masterpiece, but I always enjoy it. It hadn't occurred to me, but perhaps the notion that the emotions are suppressed but not invisible may be the key to my enjoyment. I get the show's faults, but the idea of one key -- the tree -- governing everything, also has a certain dramatic purity.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 11:28   Link #105
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Alas, if Nemu met her demise and/or disappeared from everyone's memories, Junichi would have most likely turned to Sakura. Let's not forget that Sakura was Junichi's "promised girl", "first love", and "childhood friend" - a combination that is tough to beat.

Siscon tendancies die hard in Da Capo; it's a staple in this franchise... thank goodness this is an IF show!
That's remind me something
where's sakura in this ova ?
Old 2009-01-10, 11:44   Link #106
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Conveniently absent so that the above mentioned wouldn't happen ?
Old 2009-01-10, 11:46   Link #107
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anime View Post
That's remind me something
where's sakura in this ova ?
Well, the first season of the anime DID end with her going to America, and I would assume that the same thing happened here. I'd say it's fully possible that the first season still happened in this timeline as well, only that sometime after the end, Nemu somehow died. (Or she just left to become a nurse here too, and the grave actually belonged to someone else.)
Old 2009-01-11, 20:04   Link #108
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

What was the music that played when Kotori rejected his confession?
Old 2009-01-13, 14:02   Link #109
uis

Anyway little sad when Nemu died...
*i want see Junichi propose Kotori in front Nemu lol...*

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 06:56   Link #110
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Personally, Sakura was my favorite, so I don't see how that'd be bad
It's just I was hoping for this OVA to be more like the Tomoyo OVA for Clannad, you know, like absolutely zero romantic competition.
FatalMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 01:39   Link #111
problemedchild
˘_˘

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSoulBoy View Post
What was the music that played when Kotori rejected his confession?
Sonzai by CooRie. It was also the ending theme for D.C. after roughly the 20th episode.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 13:14   Link #112
-Sho-
~Omedet˘~

Well , for me da capo 2 and da capo 2 second season (i don't saw da capo 1 ) was not entertaining , got a harem , and bad typical romance !
This oav seem like that too ..... wtf in the end the guy can say "I love you" instead "Kotori , I ...." I what ? i want bread for breakfast ?

Yeah , i know , i'am too severe ....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 21:02   Link #113
karloch
Old School Knight

Good to see young Junichi and the old crew back. I really enjoyed the episode with DCI charm and old feeling (I love Mako vs Suginami fights).

I always felt kinda sorry for Kotori; not that I hate Nemu, in fact I like her; but leaving out a character like Kotori is a waste; I'm happy she got the deserved protagonism.

When will the 2nd OVA be available? I'm eager to see more Kotori :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well , for me da capo 2 and da capo 2 second season (i don't saw da capo 1 ) was not entertaining , got a harem , and bad typical romance !
This oav seem like that too ..... wtf in the end the guy can say "I love you" instead "Kotori , I ...." I what ? i want bread for breakfast ?

Yeah , i know , i'am too severe ....
I recommend you to watch Da Capo I, then you will understand why is SO hard for Junichi to tell his "new" feelings for Kotori.

It is funny to see how Kotori notices somehow that she is not living the canon story. Everythings points good for her, but it just feel that something is not right.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-01-18 at 13:28. Reason: Please don't double-post
karloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 23:12   Link #114
KageNoKaze

Um, am I the only one that thought that this OVA's setting was somewhere between DC seasons one and two?

Made sense as I watched it...and btw, I've only watched the anime.
KageNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 01:21   Link #115
aahhsin

wait what is this? besides being a kotori story.

is it another ending? is it her going on with her life? etc etc
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 02:20   Link #116
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin View Post
wait what is this? besides being a kotori story.

is it another ending? is it her going on with her life? etc etc
It's a two-episode Kotori-centric alternate ending set sometime after the end of the original D.C. anime.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:48   Link #117
stsaturn

In Da Capo I liked Kotori the best but it bothered me how she was getting in the way while Nemu was on her death bed. Two years later when I watched Da Capo SS I wish Kotori would have tried harder. It was BS the way she was dropped into oblivion when Nemu came back. But I guess thats just Kotori's character. I hope this OVA gives Da Capo a solid ending.

I would still like to see an OVA containing events that took place closer to DCSS. I thought the first episode of DCSS had a realism to it that would be a nice change of pace (Like DCIF so far). Nothing about magical powers, Nemu or Sakura just a romantic comedy with Da Capo characters.
stsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 06:48   Link #118
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
well i think kotori and junichi became couple and now going to the wedding day so i hope will see next episode i guess by end of this month
Old 2009-03-08, 18:06   Link #119
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah, it's very strongly hinted that
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2009-03-09, 01:09   Link #120
passin'gass
Cropduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yeah, it's very strongly hinted that
Spoiler for Episode 1:
I too agree. Remember the ED in the original? There was a girl standing behind a mature Junichi when he was looking at an album, and much speculation on who she was. If memory serves, her identity was revealed only on the last episode's ED.

I think DCIF ep1 is homage to that with the partially revealed clues.
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen