AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 186 41.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 90 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 50 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 44 9.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 25 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 29 6.44%
Voters: 450. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-07, 10:44   Link #601
pasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Now you're just letting your anti-Lelouch bias get to you. He is pushing her away because he doesn't want her to go down the path he is going. He doesn't hate her, if he hated her he would have been perfectly willing to let her die in ep 19. Where on earth did you pull that BS from?
I thought that was obvious, the face he put while she talked... Lelouch knew what was going to happen (take over the leaders etc). He didn't want to see her involved in that since he cared for her. He is doing all this to counter Schneitzel's own plans, all a very well orchestrated maneuver to force him to action, which he did with a huge Fleya. At least I think thats what the writers wanted to portray.
pasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 10:44   Link #602
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Did you see the bodies of those other Black Knights that were shot to death in this episode? Lelouch doesn't care about that organization at all. He strung them along from the beginning. That includes Kallen. He was willing to blow her up in episode 25 (just in case you forgot.)
Yeah and since when do the Black Knights = Kallen? He might not give a shit for them, but he still cares for his friends.

And that whole scene in 25 was just a bluff on his part.
Old 2008-09-07, 10:49   Link #603
yuuk1

somehow... I was expecting Nunally to turn up and actually say "I am your enemy...!" though it was still a big shock for me! I don't why but the way the animation team executed that scene was epic for me...!

What I didn't really like about the movie is the Kallen---> Lelouch part. It was a bit OOC of her, for me. I'm not saying this because I'm a LelouchxC.C. fan, but I say it because it was done in a brash way. Just like the when C.C. kissed Lelou to recover his memories, though who am I to complain...!?

Another thing that I did not expect was for that Orange-copy cat to say "Marianne -samaaaaa...!" oh and for Suzaku to say "YES, your majesty...!" to Lelouch. That was like O.o
Old 2008-09-07, 10:50   Link #604
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuk1 View Post

Another thing that I did not expect was for that Orange-copy cat to say "Marianne -samaaaaa...!" oh and for Suzaku to say "YES, your majesty...!" to Lelouch. That was like O.o
Yes, I had the same reaction to those scenes

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 10:53   Link #605
-Nyu-
Yozora

What are your thoughts on the extended preview?

Nunaly holds sth which looks like a bomb? O_o
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 10:55   Link #606
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8cv3Qpzq1U
Spoiler for 23 preview:
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 10:56   Link #607
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
You know I'm just kind of sitting pretty here because I knew they weren't going to have any sort of definitive coupling. Very few Sunrise mecha anime have happy endings for the main character in terms of coupling other than the more lighthearted ones. Even then it's a rarity.
You mean very RECENT Sunrise mecha anime. You forget Zegapain, Idolmaster (wierd example, admittedly), plus your own favorite Gundam series (no, NOT CE or AD -- I'm talking about Turn A and 08th Mobile Suit Team).
Old 2008-09-07, 10:56   Link #608
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Nunnally and Lelouch sure have a thing for ornate buttons.
Old 2008-09-07, 10:59   Link #609
Highlygifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Nunnally and Lelouch sure have a thing for ornate buttons.
When your royalty, everything needs to be decorated.
Highlygifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 11:00   Link #610
yuuk1

Quote:
Thanks for the link!

Now, somehow.... I see Suzaku betraying AGAIN... Seriously, that dude has mental and social issues...! No offence to Suzaku-lovers! I <3'd before he went all crazy like this---> when Euphy died. T_T

Oh and as for Nunally... I doubt she has the will to even hurt Lelou since she has a bit of a brother complex, as Lelou does for her as well.
Old 2008-09-07, 11:02   Link #611
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The difference is it's clearly she got out safely, and in a logical way. How the hell did Rolo could get out alive but she can't?
Beside, they let people think she's dead because it help develop the plot.

I can't believe it. Do they have to show everything so the audience can understand? Should they tell everyone that Nunnaly has been gotten out safely, but Lelouch doesn't know about that, so he went raging on everyone? It's planned from the beginning that she won't die. They made it looks like she's dead so people can somehow understand the pain Lelouch felt, and try to think about the reason for his action afterward.

I shouldn't have high expectation from people....
What I can't believe is that you still believe I'm saying it's impossible and illogical. I'm not. I'm saying that they should've had better writing to not have to re-use the same plot twist over and over again, and if they wanted to do a dead and not alive twist for Nunally, then they should have not done it with the previous characters. Seriously, these are from the people who managed the huge plot twist of forcing Euphy to kill all of the Japanese. They can do much better than bringing an assumed dead character back into the story, what, 4 or 5 times now? Mao, Jeremiah, Cornelia, C.C., the emporer, Marianne, Ogui, V.V., Villetta, and now Nunally? Every one of them could have been thought dead at some point, but came back into the plot with an "OMG THEY'RE NOT DEAD!" plot twist. And when you use the same plot twist 10 times, it gets old and stupid, regardless of how logical it is made to seem.
Old 2008-09-07, 11:02   Link #612
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Did you see the bodies of those other Black Knights that were shot to death in this episode? Lelouch doesn't care about that organization at all. He strung them along from the beginning. That includes Kallen. He was willing to blow her up in episode 25 (just in case you forgot.)
Pffft, that was all the way back in Season 1 for pete's sake, at the same time was not said Order members trying to shoot him in episode 19 (Go Rolo, you're the only one we can rely on here ...) They're even in this respect, nothing more and nothing less. This isn't about right, wrong, or justice anymore, it's a war to see whose ideals will triumph over the other >_>
Old 2008-09-07, 11:06   Link #613
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuk1 View Post
Thanks for the link!

Now, somehow.... I see Suzaku betraying AGAIN... Seriously, that dude has mental and social issues...! No offence to Suzaku-lovers! I <3'd before he went all crazy like this---> when Euphy died. T_T

Oh and as for Nunally... I doubt she has the will to even hurt Lelou since she has a bit of a brother complex, as Lelou does for her as well.
If he betrays again, I will facepalm. If he doesn't back Lelouch up, who will? C.C.? I don't see Kallen betraying BK for the moment and Rolo is not around.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 11:07   Link #614
El_Negro
El_Negro

Man this episode was another mindfuck, can't wait 4 23 to see how this wraps up

I seriously doubt Suzaku is gonna betray Lelouch again, remember the whole world is practically against the two of them, hell Nunnally put it better when she stated that they are now her enemies and yes, Schniezel is a cocksucking bastard.

Anyways Gino & Kallen would have conflicting issues in who they'll be loyal to but if they turn against Lelouch then Lulu is seriously fucked!!! cuz this episode is trying to paint Schniezel as the good guy to stop Lelouch supreme global dictatorship and right now the faction could look like this once Gino & Kallen decides to join Schniezel cuz I think Nunnally helping him would be enough of a motive

Schniezel Faction:

1) Gino
2) Kallen
3) Anya
3) Cornelia
4) Xing-Ke
5) Todou
6) Chiba
7) Let's not forget Freya

Lelouch Faction:

1) Suzaku
2) Jeremiah
3) C.C.
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 11:08   Link #615
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Mao, Jeremiah, Cornelia, C.C., the emporer, Marianne, Ogui, V.V., Villetta, and now Nunally
Cornelia, Ougi and Villetta don't really count, since I doubt many people assumed they were dead, especially Villetta and Ougi.

Quote:
Schniezel Faction:

1) Gino
2) Kallen
3) Anya
3) Cornelia
4) Xing-Ke
5) Todou
6) Chiba
About Todou, in the extended preview, don't we see him attacking the last Glaston knight? Thus against Schneziel? (I'm presuming Claudio to be loyal to Cornelia, who is with Schneziel.)
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 11:09   Link #616
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post

I seriously doubt Suzaku is gonna betray Lelouch again, remember the whole world is practically against the two of them, hell Nunnally put it better when she stated that they are now her enemies and yes, Schniezel is a cocksucking bastard.

Anyways Gino & Kallen would have conflicting issues in who they'll be loyal to but if they turn against Lelouch then Lulu is seriously fucked!!! cuz this episode is trying to paint Schniezel as the good guy to stop Lelouch supreme global dictatorship and right now the faction could look like this once Gino & Kallen decides to join Schniezel cuz I think Nunnally helping him would be enough of a motive

Schniezel Faction:

1) Gino
2) Kallen
3) Anya
3) Cornelia
4) Xing-Ke
5) Todou
6) Chiba

Lelouch Faction:

1) Suzaku
2) Jeremiah
3) C.C.
well your wrong there is 3 factions.
Which side Ootbk end up on is still up in the air.
I don't See Xingke allying with Schneizel.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 11:11   Link #617
lividsama

I was kinda waiting for Nunnaly to open her eyes and tada, Geass eyes!!!
Good thing the writers didn't put that in the script
lividsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 11:11   Link #618
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post

Well they are going to get disappointed when Schenzeil starts offing them off for his own gains or sending them on suicidal missions.

Quote:

Schniezel Faction:

1) Gino
2) Kallen
3) Anya
3) Cornelia
4) Xing-Ke
5) Todou
6) Chiba

Lelouch Faction:

1) Suzaku
2) Jeremiah
3) C.C.
[/quote]

Schenzeil's faction doesn't stand a chance
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 11:13   Link #619
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
If he betrays again, I will facepalm. If he doesn't back Lelouch up, who will? C.C.? I don't see Kallen betraying BK for the moment and Rolo is not around.
Well, to quote the Phantom of the Opera, the two of them have basically past the point of no return. I think those two will be fine, Suzaku will probably be the one to knock some sense into Lelouch whose in a stupor over Nunnally again to continue onward so we might actually get to thank him for once
Old 2008-09-07, 11:13   Link #620
Highlygifted

Remember though, Schneizel can now be treated as a 3rd independent faction, while OotBK is the UFN. Since Lelouch has made the UFN his enemies, Schneizel might pair up with the UFN, and as part of the UFN, Xingke can't really go against democracy.
Highlygifted is offline   Reply With Quote