AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-19, 12:18   Link #121
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Read this a few minutes ago. Good to finally hear something official on the subject.
Old 2009-03-19, 17:00   Link #122
einhorn303

So, should this thread be moved to the Licensed board now?

<3 Gonzo. I'm glad I'll be able to watch this, the English site makes it sound really good. I've been reading a lot of good SF novels lately (not the weak stuck-in-the-80's mainstream stuff), Robert Reed and Ian McDonald and stuff like that. The anime's source novel seems to be really well in that tradition. A true literary and cutting edge hard SF novel, with carbon markets and nanotech and memetic manipulation and all that.

Saki looks like a nice and moe show, but I'm not sure it'll be able to hold up to this.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:06   Link #123
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
So, should this thread be moved to the Licensed board now?
Actually, no. Since the series is still unaired then it remains in the Unaired forum. Once it is aired (on April 5th I believe) then it will be moved to the Licensed forum. Best remind me again around that time and send me a PM
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 01:29   Link #124
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Let's see, now that I'm pleased that they're going bilingual.

Spoiler:
Vandread spoilers below:
Spoiler:
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 07:43   Link #125
E_I
Yuri fan

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...-north-america

I guess this means Funi has licensed this?
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 13:31   Link #126
DangerMouse

It's hard to tell whether it's all their future shows or just the ones they consider to be potential "hits," but at the very least I think this means they officially now have first dibs on Gonzo series.

I think it's pretty likely though with all the Gonzo shows that Funimation has done recently and they even license rescued Gonzo's big previous titles like Vandread and the one that has big ties to this Last Exile which they've already announced re-releases for.

My favorite part of that press release was that they explicity mention real releases (DVD/BD style releases) with dubs in the press release in addition to online because one of the most uncertain parts of the recent web-broadcasts for me has been that I still want to be able to own my favorite shows on BD or DVD with both subs and dubs (I like both and it depends who I'm watching with sometimes) and we've not heard a peep about DVD releases for shows that got web broadcasted that I really want to own with real releases like Shikabane Hime and Blassreiter and Sky Girls even if I watch them online on Hulu or whatever. I still want my DVDs and Blu-rays.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-03-21 at 13:45.
Old 2009-03-21, 16:14   Link #127
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I am not too sure if this series is meant for general audience so I kinda skeptical if it can sell in US market.
Old 2009-03-21, 17:04   Link #128
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...-north-america

I guess this means Funi has licensed this?
It was already considered licensed.

License Database > Shangri-La

ANN report, Crunchyroll Adds Shangri-La, 2 La Corda D'Oro Anime
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 18:48   Link #129
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I am not too sure if this series is meant for general audience so I kinda skeptical if it can sell in US market.
Judging from what we know of the setting to the visuals and the setup of the show and it's plot, and these types of shows from Gonzo, I think it will definitely be aimed at the main Science Fiction anime audience so I think it can certainly sell in the US.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-03-25 at 20:17.
Old 2009-03-25, 20:57   Link #130
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

This anime seems cool. too bad it got licensed so fast though.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 16:50   Link #131
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
This anime seems cool. too bad it got licensed so fast though.
? How is it too bad? Since it'll be on CR that means that you can watch if for free AND support the creators, they don't live off of good comments alone!

Anyway, does anyone know if any subbed commercials have come out? I can't remember seeing any and I want to see more of this anime...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 17:37   Link #132
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Nada.

That by itself is not a good sign since Saki and Slap Up have raw vids in circulation.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:22   Link #133
einhorn303

It's weird how Shangri-la has an English page, but Saki doesn't, even though they'll both be airing in the same way and on the same English website.

I guess Gonzo doesn't predict the moe anime, or Chinese tilegame anime, will be as popular as the science fiction anime.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:31   Link #134
BrokenWingz

Quote:
It's weird how Shangri-la has an English page, but Saki doesn't, even though they'll both be airing in the same way and on the same English website.

I guess Gonzo doesn't predict the moe anime, or Chinese tilegame anime, will be as popular as the science fiction anime.
its more directed at the different audience perceiving the shows, Saki is more otaku orientated, for example if you read ANN write up on TAF summary you know Saki was the most hype show at their booth. While Shangri-la has an international appeal or at the very least seeking it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2009-03-21/3
Old 2009-03-26, 21:34   Link #135
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
its more directed at the different audience perceiving the shows, Saki is more otaku orientated, for example if you read ANN write up on TAF summary you know Saki was the most hype show at their booth. While Shangri-la has an international appeal or at the very least seeking it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2009-03-21/3
Only a single poster of Shangri-la hung and that was the fanservice pose. They hyped Druaga, Strike Witches and Saki at the booth from the ANN video. Saki and Slap Up have 2 promo vids out. Shangri-la has none. They prob already know that Shangri-la won't do well in Japan. Shangri-la's only hope is that the Western audiences make up for the Japanese loss.

*just an opinion*
Old 2009-03-27, 01:14   Link #136
DangerMouse

Shangri-La is the one getting the full first episode premiere in a theater with special guests event though, so I don't know maybe it's easier to show something like Saki at TAF than something potentially more involved and the difference in the type of shows these are.

I agree with the above as to why there's an english page for Shangri-La already, if it turns out to be good it's got a lot of potential international appeal.
Old 2009-03-27, 14:40   Link #137
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm hoping that they keep those undergarment shots to a minimum. If other studios can keep that sort of thing to a minimum and produce a great title then so can Gonzo.
I doubt so since troubled GONZO wants to make $$$$ fast and lots of them. I have a feeling that the panty shots will be liberal to get otakus hook on the series and later on purchase the DVD in frenzy like Strike Witches LE vol 1.

It is easy and surefire way to get otakus to watch it.
Old 2009-03-27, 17:33   Link #138
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really doubt this is targeting the same audience as Strike Witches... that more what Saki is for...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 17:35   Link #139
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Crunchyroll Adds Shangri-La, 2 La Corda D'Oro Anime
Oh no, not again this shit. We are expecting QUALITY here again.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 17:38   Link #140
Westlo
Lets be reality

You're acting like their won't be hd fansubs floating around...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, science fiction