AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-17, 10:59   Link #1
Citizen Erased

Arrow Looking for another anime

I'm new to anime (kind of) and these forums so hi . I have just finished watching the Fullmetal Alchemist series which I really enjoyed and before that I watched Death note which was also cool. And im now looking for a new series to watch with similar attributes to Deathnote and FMA.

I liked the clever storyline of death note and I liked the character developments in FMA and the way you actually care about what happens to the characters in it, so I'd like something similar. I've had a look at a few since I finished watching FMA but they havnt really appealed. I no FMA and Deathnote are pretty big animes (well know/popular) so what other anime's are similar in popularity?

Finally, I'm also quite interested in reading Manga, but I havnt heard of any of them. Any recommendations considering what I like at the moment?

thanks for reading

Citizen Erased
Old 2008-09-17, 11:35   Link #2
amjzz

Code geass is probably the most close to death note....
Old 2008-09-17, 12:04   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
you might want to start at the root, check out more anime series from the same studio: Bones did FMA and has loads of series that have the same loving structure in character development and think through plots here's a small sum up:

- Darked than Black
- Eureka 7
- Ghost in the shell
- Rahxephon
- Wolf's rain
- Xam'd lost memories (currently airing)

also if you like Rahxephon check out Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is a classic

edit: adding:

Gurren Lagann as well

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-09-17 at 14:02.
Old 2008-09-17, 12:17   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Here are a couple of other threads you might want to browse:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=69950
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=71194
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70166

These are all recent threads that discuss a wide variety of shows.
Old 2008-09-18, 15:00   Link #5
Citizen Erased

Thanks for the feedback, I done a quick imdb search on Code geass and it looks pretty good (8.9 stars out of 10, whereas death note only got 7.8) so I think i might give that a try. Darker then black and ghost in a shell also appeal, and come up several times in those threads. So thanks again on all the feedback!

Also, any Manga suggestions would be appreciated, I want something sci fi ish and with good character development,

thanks, Tom
Old 2008-09-18, 17:13   Link #6
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Lain is probably a interesting anime but I'm not too sure if you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

Higurashi no koro ni might be a fun anime for you if you can watch through the blood and all that stuff.
Old 2008-09-18, 17:32   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I done a quick imdb search on Code geass and it looks pretty good (8.9 stars out of 10, whereas death note only got 7.8) so I think i might give that a try. Darker then black and ghost in a shell also appeal, and come up several times in those threads. So thanks again on all the feedback!

Also, any Manga suggestions would be appreciated, I want something sci fi ish and with good character development,

thanks, Tom
dont look at stars when ti comes to certain series
death note is a good anime, those pointers can be influenced by people who might not like the cathegory to begin with when they started watching, its def worth it to be watched the mind games are a lot of fun
Closed Thread