AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-09-10, 21:51   Link #21
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
I could care less about Ikkaku...
I always thought Ikkaku was the most interesting sub-char in Bleach. All other VC's (except for that little pinky girl who I forgot her name) are either stupid or sissies.
Old 2008-09-10, 22:57   Link #22
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Amazing. The fact that the anime thread has more posts just shows how well this chapter is. It's been like this for a few weeks it seems...
Old 2008-09-10, 23:50   Link #23
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
I always thought Ikkaku was the most interesting sub-char in Bleach. All other VC's (except for that little pinky girl who I forgot her name) are either stupid or sissies.
I've seen him fight twice already and go Bankai. Unless he pulls out a hollow or defeat Aizen...How in the hell can he top that? Use a new Kidou? <---That'll be fun

Hisagi finally gets a chance to shine and he has NO special abilities?! He's like Zaraki with a Shikai!! That is so damn lame. I wanna cry. El' 69(<--inspired by langus.) Was the first character that peaked my interest. After Ishida (I followed his seiyuu to Bleach. ) I was just overwhelmed by Ichigo's character so I didn't fangirl them. I wanted to see this fight last. The seafood was served just right. (Meaning I liked this release) Now I am just going to watch "Spear Fishing"...I could just read a book.

This isn't major for you...but bleach is MY LIFE! *feeling really low* and I hear fillers are better...oh gawd kill me now...kill me now...
FILLER POLICE SAN!! WILL YOU STOP HARASSING ME BECAUSE YOU LIKE FILLERS. *Demonic voice* I DON'T DAMN IT!!!

Last edited by BleachOD; 2008-09-11 at 00:25.
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 00:42   Link #24
Freya

Well it's nice that at least Amagi can like control his Bakkoutou.
Old 2008-09-11, 05:47   Link #25
medigo

meh if the text says that there doesnt 'appear' to be any special ability, I will not be surprised if there actually is one, but we just didnt see it.
Also, heh Findor must have met some weak captains
medigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 06:31   Link #26
Casshern

Hisagi - I fear my zanpakutou...

@Hisagi,
Stop being a wus and kill the damn fraccion so we can get on with the REAL story already!
Everyone thinks they're a friggin' philosopher....
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 07:06   Link #27
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

i guess him being afraid of his zanpakuto explains why he never releases it..on another note the fact of his zanpakuto not having any special abilities does irritate me i mean its took this long to see it i was expecting something really good.....better than kira's at least who's zanpakuto at least does something....very disappointing indeed
Old 2008-09-11, 09:15   Link #28
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
What's so bad about a rather normal Zanpaktou? I've always enjoyed good choreographed sword combats(like Ikkaku/Ichigo), not every Zanpaktou has to turn into a magic wand. The sword itself can be awesome without shooting fireballs or controlling the weather etc.

Spoiler for image:
Old 2008-09-11, 10:50   Link #29
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
I could care less about Ikkaku...
1) Ikkaku is, like all members of the 11th division, awesome.
2) I think what you mean is I couldn't care less, not I could care less. The latter shows that you still have at least a tiny modicum of care, whereas the former shows that your care is as low as it could possibly be. (Sorry, this isn't an attack on you, it's just an attack against that phrase, I'm just a crazy grammar freak, don't mind me).
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 11:22   Link #30
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
2) I think what you mean is I couldn't care less, not I could care less. The latter shows that you still have at least a tiny modicum of care, whereas the former shows that your care is as low as it could possibly be. (Sorry, this isn't an attack on you, it's just an attack against that phrase, I'm just a crazy grammar freak, don't mind me).
I thought I was the only one that noticed that grammatical error.
Old 2008-09-11, 14:27   Link #31
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Does anyone else think that Kubo may use this fight as a way to actually kill a significant character? In the 11th Squad, losing is worse than dying. The pillar is already lost, which means Ikkaku lost; even if he gets up and keeps fighting and destroys the Fraccion, the damage to the pillar is already done.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:55   Link #32
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I thought if anyone would let a pillar be broken it'd be kira or even yumichika....I thought out of all of them the one who could definitely hold his own would have been Ikkaku
Old 2008-09-11, 17:03   Link #33
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
I thought if anyone would let a pillar be broken it'd be kira or even yumichika....I thought out of all of them the one who could definitely hold his own would have been Ikkaku
And that's EXACTLY why he was the one to loose...
That and the fact that Yumichika and Kira have very hax Shikai's which makes battles much easier for them against most enemies... not to mention we've never seen Yuamichika's shikai in full action, and we've never seen Kira win a fight... And Hisagi; well this is the debut of his Shikai against an enemy, no way was he gonna loose

Ikkaku... he was the only one considered captain level and had Bankai and thus seen as being above the rest... you have higher expectations of him. However, after his last fight, he officially had nothing new left to show us... Shikai, Bankai... nothing left for a non-kido fighter... and he is still considered a minor character so he's got no plot armor. out of the 4 of them, Ikkaku really was the most well set up to loose
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 18:24   Link #34
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The Claws

Quote:

* Continues from the last chapter, Findor was looking at Hisagi’s zanpakutou. Hisagi told him he doesn’t like it that much. When Findor asked why, Hisagi said he hates its shape, “Can’t you see its shape is for taking lives?” However, his face showed no mercy which even scared Findor.

* They fought. Shuuhei used threw the right sword and managed to cut Findor’s right cheek. He continued by throwing the left one but Findor managed to catch it so Shuuehi jumped toward him and aimed another one at him.

* Findor used his claw to catch it and attack Shuuhei but he dodged. Shuuhei fell from the building but Findor followed him. However, Shuuhei pull the zampakouto’s chain back and the sword was pulled toward Findor and he injured his left arm.

* “You can’t read it, can you? Its movement.” Said Shuuhei while playing with his sword. Findor only forced out a smile. After a while without any movement Shuuhei asked if Findor is scared. He yelled back then threw the right claw out but Shuuhei escaped. “Oh really? But I am scared.”

* “What are you scared of? You think you are too powerful and it scares you!!? How na´ve! I will show you!” Then Findor destroyed the rest of his mask, only a few pieces left below his right eye.“It’s over! Now my power is equal to the captain level! Lieutenant Level like you cannot win against me!”

* Shuuhei remained calm and only moved his left hand to control the sword when Findor’s right claw was cut into two pieces. “You probably never fear of your power…probably never of your opponents either.” Said Shuuhei then continuing, “Those who have no fear when wielding sword doesn’t deserve to wield one.” An image of Tousen passed his mind, “I was taught this way.”

* Findor cursed then turned his back trying to run away. Shuuhei still calmly talk how Findor finally realizes what fear really is so both of them are equal. Shuuhei threw the sword following Findor then he screamed. Shuuhei looked at his victory when he heard the explosion. He turned around and was shock to see that one of the pillars has been destroyed.

* Shuuhei wasn’t the only one who was in shock. Both Yumichika and Kira were staring at the scene in shock when they yelled, “Ikkaku..!!!”
Credits : Annie
Old 2008-09-11, 18:40   Link #35
Freya

Yeah Ikkaku you deserve to die for not going Bankai.
Old 2008-09-11, 19:33   Link #36
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I swear those squad 11 guys They should realize that this is ya know a big deal where lives are at stake instead of worrying over what people are gonna think or say
Old 2008-09-11, 19:38   Link #37
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
I swear those squad 11 guys They should realize that this is ya know a big deal where lives are at stake instead of worrying over what people are gonna think or say

Unfortunately, Yamamoto had no way of knowing this his choices for guarding the pillar weren't exactly the best. He got lucky with Yumichika, though.
Old 2008-09-11, 20:24   Link #38
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Unfortunately, Yamamoto had no way of knowing this his choices for guarding the pillar weren't exactly the best. He got lucky with Yumichika, though.
True, reports of Ikakku's successes do not note his bankai... Yamamoto picked him under the belief that he beat an arrancar using only his Shikai... What he did not realize is that Ikkaku needed Bankai to win and as such, to fight an arrancar without Bankai would put him at a serious handicap.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 20:30   Link #39
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. This is the only thing I hate about Squad 11. Arrogance mixed with stupid pride.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:02   Link #40
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I've seen him fight twice already and go Bankai. Unless he pulls out a hollow or defeat Aizen...How in the hell can he top that? Use a new Kidou? <---That'll be fun
People were complaining about Hitsugaya's Daiguren Hyourinmaru tll he brought out the 1000 year prison...all Ikkaku needs is a named attack. All we saw against Edorad was Bankai, then fight normally. That's like Tensa Zangetsu minus Getsuga Tenshou; no point to it is there . PLus I higly doubt Ikkaku is the type to stay stagnated in terms of strength. He probably trained hard with the Bankai.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga