AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-12, 23:59   Link #81
Ichimaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
How far is the distance from the trap 3 excaptains and the pillars? im sure i can just shinzou it hahhahaa
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 03:11   Link #82
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
How far is the distance from the trap 3 excaptains and the pillars? im sure i can just shinzou it hahhahaa
Not from Yama-ji's plot-defying cage you can't.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 07:20   Link #83
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
He can't use just strength...Ikkaku has no special powers, so he relies completely on strength for battle in conjunction with his melee zanpakuto, but he doesn't use strength strength, which would be the kind of strength to purely overwhelm the opponent with, a-la Kenpachi...Instead, along with strength, he uses some strategy and also agility...
Kenpachi does use strategy to win on occasion, but Ikkaku certainly has more agility. But the end concept is the same. His Zanpakuto relies on pure power. His Bankai doesn't yield any increase in speed, agility or anything else. Its just pure power. although much more refined than Kenpachi's. But ultimately, they use their respective powers for the same exact purpose, even though they're different, even opposites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
You know, you people are complaining about Ikkaku's fighting style, but...Isn't Ichigo's fighting style practically the same? The only difference is Ichigo can execute a blast of compressed spiritual power from his blade for a special attack, but that's about it...Getsuga Tenshō, no kido, pure mass spiritual power, and flash steps; Nothing else or anything special, except for bankai and hollow powers, but those merely augment what skills he already has...
Ichigo's style, especially in Bankai, relies heavily on speed as well as ranged attacks. Ikkaku brings it up close and personal using the strength of his Zanpakuto. I'd say their fighting styles are vastly different. If anything, Ichigo is a lot more similar to Grimmjow (speed and distance oriented), whereas Ikkaku's similar to Noitora because they both rely on power and multiple blades.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 13:11   Link #84
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
He can't use just strength...Ikkaku has no special powers, so he relies completely on strength for battle in conjunction with his melee zanpakuto,
Yeah that's what I said;I just simplified it..

That's why I said he was lucky to get the opponent he got. He was much the same type but he just had elemental abilities;Fire (Btw "Uh Ash type" is also a Fire type)

That's the equivalent of him fighting a Shinigami who uses Kidou or a fire-type. Just because they can use these doesn't really mean they are powerful

*Although fire as rule ain't nothing to f-ck with*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Edited by OD

>>> Er.. dude you just said "Ikkaku has no special powers, so he relies completely on strength for battle" then you added "Melee Zanpakuto" which you already stated had no special abilities. Which in turns means he uses JUST STRENGTH! Only to 360 here...>>> but he doesn't use strength<<< strength, <<<
..
Will you make up your mind?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
which would be the kind of strength to purely overwhelm the opponent with, a-la Kenpachi
Says you...

My motto is there are different kinds of strength. His Bankai increases the force of his blows and makes his attacks more powerful. That's it; it doesn't mean he's super powerful. Just means he did a level up.

I would like to point out....That it doesn't mean much if his level is not really that high.

He's only using two of the four main arts and that's why he's not as strong as you think. You inferred he could beat Rukia. sexist! I have to ask why?

Is it because she's a girl? :staring you down:

Dude her Shikai is stronger than his Bankai. Her skill with a sword is just as good as his. She is agile, and more importantly she uses KIDOU. It will compensate for her weaknesses something Ikkaku lacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
...Instead, along with strength, he uses some strategy and also agility...
There is no strategy. His style is one where he relies heavily on feinting, dodging and surprise Zanpakuto releases. He attacks openings based on the reaction from his feints and surprise releases.. Not really all the special. Kenpachi when fighting Tousen coolly albeit happily assessed his situation. He explored his handicaps and by evaluating his weaknesses and Tousen's strengths was able to overcome his Bankai by figuring out how to escape.

Ikkaku just fights not to lose, he doesn't really think about it. He's just fighting. The two are different. When I made the comparison, I meant the fact that I have seen them fight, they both have hot swords, no special abilities. If they do nothing new...He can stay passed out!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
You know, you people are complaining about Ikkaku's fighting style, but...
Did I say that? No I complained about SEEING his ass fight again. We both agreed he's got no special abilities all he has is "Melee Zanpakuto" . What the hell will be so different than any other fight? He'll feint, constantly switch between sword hand and hand that holds sheath. Go on the offense, block, parry kick, defend....surprise enemy with Shikai, oh yeah he might go Bankai...

(Does that sound exciting to you? It doesn't to me, it's pretty routine)

I like his style. Wuxia if I ever saw it. I believe he's as Chinese as Soi Fon and Rock Lee. I prefer Chinese Martial Arts over any other. *It's the best!* I love Shaw Brother's Kung Fu movies. Ikkaku is the animated "Master Killer" (The 36 Chambers) I like the guy, but not enough that I want to see his ass do the same thing over and over.

I like him but he's overrated . Rukia is always compared to him and SHE'S THE STRONGER OF THE TWO!!! DOWN WITH SEXISM!



Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Edited by OD

Isn't Ichigo's fighting style practically the same? <--*Mean mug* The only difference is Ichigo can execute a blast of compressed spiritual power from his blade for a special attack, but that's about it...Getsuga Tenshō, no kido, pure mass spiritual power, and flash steps; Nothing else or anything special, except for bankai and hollow powers, but those merely augment what skills he already has...
*Warning this is rant that my devotion will not let me let it pass.
Oh no you didn't?!
I know you didn't just compare Ikkaku to Ichigo

*Add wind and debris*
I AM GREATLY OFFENDED!!


*Wait a sec...recovers from outrage*


You really mean that? I mean you seriously seriously seriously mean that?

They aren't the same. Ichigo has been a Shinigami for about six months KT time. Ikkaku who knows how long. He's had "NO FORMAL TRAINING...;" Ikkaku went to school for it.

Ichigo is also better at swords his fighting style is just different. When he met Ikkaku he was all hack and slash and yet he was still on his level. His swordsmanship constantly evolves and like Zaraki he uses strategy. Ikkaku does the same style every time. Nothing changes EVER! <----:Stare: Ichigo is NOT the same!

Ichigo is rash but once he uses common sense he's a bad mofo

He got a Bankai in less than 3 days. He achieved materialization and manifestation without knowing what the hell it was on his own.
He not only sucked away one persons power and used it. He awakened two others with his powers while his were STILL DORMANT.*who's the man?*

He survived and overcame his first hollow transformation when the others had to have the Hougyoku used on them to do so. No this bastard just say "Disappear!" and finished Byakuya on his own.<---Pendulum *singsong...;*

He has Getsuga Tensho and when he goes Vaizard he has better control over where it lands instead of firing off attacks that are only large blast. He can also MOVE FASTER THAN IT AND FIRE OFF FROM TWO DIRECTIONS AND ATTACK AT THE SAME TIME.

He does have a Bankai and a Hollow that gives an incredible power boost to his already monstrous powers. THAT WERE ALL READY STRONGER THAN IKKAKU'S BEFORE HE WENT BANKAI.

He has speed and agility already and these are increased tenfold and Bankai/Vizard in conjunction with the fact that he has his Getsuga Tensho (kuroi) and the bastard COULD FIGHT ANY WAY. He was a great fighter much greater than Ikkaku "My eyes are already used to your attacks"

How dare you same they are the same?! Let's not get it twisted! Looks are overrated once you break down individual strengths and weaknesses. He's not as flashy as Ikkaku but he's sure as hell stronger than Ikkaku. Always has been and they are not even in the same class. I am completely amazed you could think otherwise<--no sarcasm intended.

Ichigo is already too strong. That was KT's mistake so he has to slowly develop his power or else he will really just be hax and just win all cheesy like. If he LEARNED TO USE JUST KIDOU HE WOULD BE INSANELY STRONGER.

That's part of why I like am unnaturally obsessed with this damn manga him. I love the underdog who's really top dog but only I have the genius to recognize it.... jk

I have to say...You don't know me, really well do you? Because I am the first to say. "Ichigo gets a new move or KT DIES!! *Wait KT=DEAD=NO ICHIGOdamn it! the bastard has to live..."

I don't want to see him do the same thing over and over, either.. However unlike Ikkaku ...I AM HIS FAN GIRL! I may not like it but he could be just voguing or sing "too sexy" and I would forgive him.

I am mad as hell because if I have to go without Ichigo...who is the goddamn star or is he?! Then I want to see a good fight. I don't want to see Ikkaku recycled again. GIVE ME SOME FRESH MEAT!!!
It not because I dislike Ikkaku;I do. When he brings something NEW to the table...I will be happy to see his ass. Other than that... STAY DOWN! DON'T YOU GET YOUR BALD-HEADED ASS UP! LET SOMEONE NEW OR EXISTING FIGHT FOR A CHANGE.

I am not an average girl. I really like the fights more than I do the shipping. They just talk about it more and it comes with Bleach as a whole. The fights are my thing.

I like to see really good fights. I don't care who wins all the time. Even if it's the good guys. Just make it good!

*Ahem*
That's all...

Big time hypocrite I know. I bash the hell out of characters....

P.S. I am feeling Hisagi. (I swear to god it's not just his looks)

Last edited by BleachOD; 2008-09-13 at 13:49. Reason: forgot something. a wee bit more (I don't feel like correcting all the typos spelling nazi's! You get the idea)
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 13:27   Link #85
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
OD just went bankai...
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 13:51   Link #86
Lelite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
OD just went bankai...
...I was just going to say.

Well, Ikkaku's failure is an interesting turn of events, although the most logical one. (Kubo's not the one to cut down his beloved characters right after showing how badass they are - not to mention it wouldn't have been as dramatic to the majority of readers) It also tied the four fights together to show that they were happening at once, since it otherwise looks like they happened one after another.

I like Hisagi's shikai. (And attitude. I LOVE GUYS WHO CAN ADMIT THEIR FEAR IN A CALM MANNER!) It wasn't shown to have any kidou abilities, but it was still pretty awesome due to the inability of the opponent to predict its movement. A++
Lelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 13:55   Link #87
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
I am passionate...
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 14:09   Link #88
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
od just went bankai...
roflmao!!!!!!!! the rest of us only have shikai! All I have is superior shunpo to get away from arguments
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 15:52   Link #89
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 502
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
...blah blah blah...
...

*sits and ponders for a bit*

TL;DR

I'd continue to be fair with Ikkaku and give him credit where credit is due, but it's not even fair when we haven't seen Ikkaku's fight in the first place...All we see is his tower falling and Ikkaku taking a nap on the floor; No context on what happened beforehand...

So yeah...Maybe I'll get the motivation to give Ikkaku credit come next chapter, if we cover his fight...
__________________
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 18:19   Link #90
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
I am passionate...
You ain't the only one =D
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 20:16   Link #91
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
...

*sits and ponders for a bit*

TL;DR

I'd continue to be fair with Ikkaku and give him credit where credit is due, but it's not even fair when we haven't seen Ikkaku's fight in the first place...All we see is his tower falling and Ikkaku taking a nap on the floor; No context on what happened beforehand...

So yeah...Maybe I'll get the motivation to give Ikkaku credit come next chapter, if we cover his fight...
You go right ahead and ponder it, eventually you will probably get it.

I gave him credit. I was fair It just changes nothing. You want to see him fight, I am not excited unless he does something new. Dude we saw him fight before what the hell are you talking about?!

Who cares about the context, he got owned?!*The pillar was BROKEN* (Hisagi vs Yumichika was the same thing) Who cares about his fight? I would rather see Shunsui nap and Ukitake cough up a lung than him doing the same ol same ol.

You are missing my point entirely and concentrating on skills...Ikkaku DOESN'T HAVE! <---That is you.

OD=2 Garter Snake-0

@Tomosexual...you are passionate; about fillers. You do not give the manga enough credit.

Note: Insults instead of real rebuttals make me laugh.
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 20:20   Link #92
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yep. Ikkauku doesn't have much but pure strength. So is his Bankai. Nothing else. But still WAY weaker than Kenpachi.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 20:27   Link #93
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Yep. Ikkauku doesn't have much but pure strength. So is his Bankai. Nothing else. But still WAY weaker than Kenpachi.
Exactly~ Yumichika Shikai > Ikkaku Bankai.

Furthermore once he goes Bankai, he has to either sustain heavy damage or injure his opponent to wake the bitch up. Otherwise he cannot fully use its attack power.

With an opponent like Ichigo at Bankai he would not be able to land attacks before or after the dragon turns fully wakes up.

As strong as Zaraki is...He has nothing on Ichigo!``
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 20:53   Link #94
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Why compare Yumi/Ikkaku's powers anyway? Especially when one's kido-based.

Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
@Tomosexual...you are passionate; about fillers. You do not give the manga enough credit.
I'm passionate about giving credit where it's due, not putting one form of media of a fiction above another, and to encourage fair opinions. The manga is great, but it's not more important than the anime.

A year or so ago, everyone insisted that if I started reading the manga, I'd start discriminating irrationally against the anime too. Being the oblivious guy that I am, I thought that maybe I was missing something, and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Since I read manga spoilers anyway, I started reading the manga. But in fact, it didn't change my views at all. It was exactly what I expected. Cool Bleach stuff, but nothing important enough to say that the anime original material isn't worthy of comparison.

As I understand it, people seem to think that anything that don't come out of Kubo directly is second-class. I see no reason to think that way at all. In fact, it's kind of insulting continuity-wise, at least where the anime is concerned. Bleach is Bleach. In the anime, anime-original stuff happened, period. Liking the episode/arc or not don't matter, as long as your opinion is fair.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 21:43   Link #95
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
You encourage fair opinions? riiiiight... coughbullshitcough

If it don't come from KT ...it doesn't count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Why compare Yumi/Ikkaku's powers anyway? Especially when one's kido-based.

.
Kidou based or not...Yumi Shikai> Ikkaku Bankai.

So you say that to say what?
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:03   Link #96
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
You encourage fair opinions? riiiiight... coughbullshitcough

If it don't come from KT ...it doesn't count.
Yes I do, and your's is not not a fair opinion. It shouldn't matter where something comes from, you should judge it for yourself whether it's goods or not and not assume it's bad because the creator of the fiction didn't make it, and you definitely shouldn't blame anything on the fact that it wasn't from the original creator.

In other words, any official Bleach that's not made by KT is just as valid and important as anything made by him. There's nothing at all saying it should be different, and if you still only want to consider manga material, then why even bother with the anime? It's a different continuity, and the anime original material is there and isn't meant to be ignored if you're watching the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Kidou based or not...Yumi Shikai> Ikkaku Bankai.

So you say that to say what?
I have no idea -_-
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 23:05   Link #97
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 502
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
You are missing my point entirely and concentrating on skills...
I actually looked through your post, and my mind wandered in a couple places because there wasn't any coherent structure in your points about Ikkaku...At one point you even quoted my post about me talking about Ikkaku not having an overwhelming amount of strength like Kenpachi with your reply:

Quote:
He's only using two of the four main arts and that's why he's not as strong as you think. You inferred he could beat Rukia. sexist! I have to ask why?
I never said anything about Ikkaku being able to beat Rukia! You're making stuff up...

Focusing on Ikkaku's skills is my point, because that's what I was discussing in reply to Slayerx's post; Then you came in, and I'm not sure what your point is, other than maybe "Ikkaku sucks, this is why, forget about him"...

Your "points" have been more opinionated on Ikkaku's self rather than the facts of his skills...Saying that you like him, yet saying that he's "overrated" shows you have some sort of opinionated bias against him; Being "overrated" is based on the opinions of people; It has nothing to do with what skills TK has written and given Ikkaku...Try taking things at face value instead of spinning it your way...
__________________
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 23:56   Link #98
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I actually looked through your post, and my mind wandered in a couple places because there wasn't any coherent structure in your points about Ikkaku...At one point you even quoted my post about me talking about Ikkaku not having an overwhelming amount of strength like Kenpachi with your reply:


\.
You say that now...

Um...Try again.


I will edit later and help you to understand since you don't get it. I am just a wise ass don't take it so personally. More importantly learn what key words in a sentence are...

Last edited by BleachOD; 2008-09-14 at 00:15.
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 00:10   Link #99
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Ikkaku just doesn't have any plot armor left. We've already seen his bankai, and we know he won't become a captain, because by his own admission he doesn't want to be one. He would rather die under Zaraki. Foreshadowing, maybe? Unless he becomes a hollow or Vizard, there's not much more Kubo can do with him that would create growth for his character.
__________________
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 00:51   Link #100
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 502
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
I will edit later and help you to understand since you don't get it.
No, I get it...I did not infer; You merely interpreted it that way...
__________________
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.