AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-11, 20:27   Link #281
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Alto should die! that way nobody wins!
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 20:32   Link #282
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Alto should die! that way nobody wins!
Everybody wins then.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 20:36   Link #283
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I'm pleased. Sagarasouke!


And I saw how people freaked out on my rep since the end of the 23 !
I'm glad to see the level of people's determination, but I am really that much talkative in thread full of Sheryl's fan ?
I acknowledge plausible argument, not that : just because a pair is in trouble now....
I can understand ,it is a bad episode for all of you, but here, Confucius said "if you want to take revenge, dig two grave, one for you and one for your opponent" ?
I just spoke my mind like some didn't bother to point out my " post who were poorly constructed" << Maybe yes, i admit it since I don't speak english, but it's of no use to remind me of it when you relax on my rep people.
your argument about the non existence of Ranka and Alto romance relationship wasn't constructed at all if you think about what Alto say in episode 23......

But I agreed with Ippus before so go ahead and relax like you want on my rep but I'm not going to stop thinking like i want because of that...
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 20:36   Link #284
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
I just saw the Raw. Lot of information told by Asshole Leon and Bitch Grace about the Vajra and I didn't even understand it. While this episode led to the climax, one scene really caught my attention: the flashback where Ranka was with her family on a planet and their were Vajra just flying in the sky peacefully. That tells me that humans must have had a friendly relation with the Vajra until someone screwed it up. It was Grace.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 20:38   Link #285
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
I get a headache reading Seifall's posts. The inconsistencies and over-exaggerations are hilarious to me. I don't know if I've ever seen someone jump conclusions as much as her in all the years I've been on AnimeSuki. And to deny that the kiss in episode 22 happened... -facepalms- The virgin is strong with her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Are my arguments perfect? Assuredly not, I get schooled often enough by others here on the forum. Almost always by fellow Sheryl shippers like Swampstorm and Justin, though, because they have just as much experience in reading stories and are more familiar with the anime conventions than I.
Thank you for the mentions, though I don't know how deserving I am, of being placed next to Swampy, considering how much time and effort he puts into his essay sized posts. I was a lazy student in school and never liked spending the time, sitting down and actually writing down my thoughts on issues. I'd much rather work on my stories, poetry, and music.

Last edited by monir; 2008-09-11 at 20:45. Reason: annoying
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 20:40   Link #286
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin
this episode is not improving Ranka's chance or decreasing sheryl's chance! It just let us know that Alto had feelings for Ranka.
how many times will you have to say it ?! I agree with the last part of the sentence : D
But it's improving dramatically Ranka's chance, however, he said it, he will kill her.
... if she dies Sheryl's fan can hope for a sheryl x alto end but it's really unlikely to happen...;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim
oh really? i think what us sherly fans didn't want to believe is that ranka has won the race friend, not alto didn't love ranka or whatsoever.
No, I said it countless time.
People didn't want to believe in any relationship between alto and Ranka and do you mean " race love" instead of " race friend" because if not, i don't understand.
Maybe you're talking about this episode and Alto choice about who he loves but for that, I know until the aishiteru to Ranka, you will not buy it

Quote:
and tell me by loving her.. does that justify he will choose her over sheryl?
Why wouldn't it justify it ?
If you're talking about him, breaking his promise to stay with sheryl because she is dying , this will not happen like that.
But he loves Ranka( OK..I know..., Darial & co : meeting to the next episode ... ),
he loves her much than Sheryl but he choose to stay with Sheryl because of his promise. He is not such of the jerk people think he is ,if he pursues Ranka now, since I'm sure about that, of course he will confesses now but after that , he plans to kill her..
I don't see it as breaking his promise with sheryl. Remind what he said to her " I will stay with you to support your dream of singing". He didn't say he will stay because he loves her. So he knows Leon and Bilrer said it to him(about Ranka) because someone has to do the job.
Do you really think he will let another person to kill the woman he loves ? I really don't think so. He will let sheryl for a time but since it's for killing Ranka, no one here can say he broke his promise. (I know you didn't say it here , but it's for the other who I know will say it)
Now about the pictures i posted when he was screaming like crazy at the end of the 22, i think we can all agree that he was frustrated because couldn't do anything about SMS but also because he abandonned Ranka; since he said yesterday she was the one he wanted to protect" .
People tell me this had nothing to do with the romance plot but looks like it had.

Quote:
like u said friend.. you as ranka fans will not believe alto is in love with sheryl.. err ops my bad lol let me repharse that
will not believe sheryl has won the race until alto say aishiteru to her..
so we got an agreement here yea?
Well whose friend are you talking about, here in Sheryl's territory ?
sorry I can't agree here.
I can't since if he said he wanted to protect Ranka the most and klan asked him about his love ; which his silence is to be interpreted as a response , all that prove what i said since the beginning about Alto who only took sheryl has a friend, and sheryl who had an unrequited love since the beginning.
If alto says aishiteru to sheryl by the end of this serie, I said it to all sheryl fan you can take the gloves off with me at that time.(well for the ones who didn't already ) But I say that because I'm sure of me now


Quote:
and yea as golthin said this episode just tell us that alto love ranka, but what then? who won the race?
NONE AT THE MOMENT
Let me ask you if you thought like several people here that the end triangle was resolved when you see " the so called kiss" which I still wait to see between Alto and Sheryl ?
this episode just tell us that alto love ranka. What do you expect ?
Who won the race ?If it's the love race, this is clear: Ranka
He loves her I'm glad you admit it , but what do you, all sheryl's fan expect from here?
A 360 degree turn with a aishiteru to sheryl ? Impossible.
A " I stay with you because i love you but must protect Ranka now " ? Impossible
A " I love both of you so don't be worried I will kill her and return " ? Im-po-ssi-ble!
A " I protect ranka but you're the one i love " Impossible.

Well what i see from here is a confession from Alto to Ranka but with him who said I will kill her... I hope she doesn't turn to be the one who save his life and dies in doing so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Any Kawamori-fan will be very proud of him because of how he has gotten his audience invest so much of their emotion to his story. My opinion isn't one of the popular one, unfortunately, but I'll give it anyway.
He didn't disappointed me here! People know now ranka was not a sister for him, he did it well !

But I can't agree with you :

Quote:
When Klan asked, "Alto, sore ga omae` no ai ka?"... she isn't exactly asking Alto who is he going to pick for his romantic interest, rather, .. she is making a very sad observation. Let me elaborate. Does Alto like Sheryl? Yes. Does Alto like Ranka? Yes. Alto also likes the people who chooses to live in this fragile world. Alto is declaring that he wouldn't mind killing one of his loved one if it means avoiding mass destruction for those people. From that line of thought, it seems, Alto's definition of "love" is too vast, so it renders him unable to be tied down by the affection of one or two people. I think that's what Klan realizes just now, and Sheryl has been into such realization for some time already. They can love him all they want, but he is incapable of returning it to either of them to their liking because of his scope of perception.

Of course klan is not asking Alto who is he going to pick for his romantic interest, but she did make her own interpretation of who alto really loves.
She said it after telling Michel was his loved one and he was the reason why she joined SMS along with the stuff tradition.
People liked to compare Michel and Klan relationship with Alto and sheryl but here klan was the one who implied the comparaison between Ranka and Alto.
He joined SMS to protect Ranka like she, with Michel.
This is quite obvious here that at the beginning of their conversation they made the link between their feeling for the people they love and their desire to protect them.

Now : Let me elaborate. OK.

Quote:
Does Alto like Sheryl? Yes. Does Alto like Ranka? Yes. Alto also likes the people who chooses to live in this fragile world.
Not so OK though

Alto likes Sheryl ? and Ranka too ? No,no, this is not possible here ! And Alto also likes the people who chooses to live in this fragile world. ?
Monir, this is not peace and love world !
If he liked Sheryl he would have tell her so in the 22 but didn't , and we would have seen a kiss between this two since episode 22 (people saw it and even imagined a sex part, well if he would have done this i would have say he loves her, but he didn't) ... we didn't see all of this.
Instead of that we saw him taking care of her and strange flashbacks about his mother since episode 18 , each time he thought about her and her disease.
sheryl had potential back at start date but she keep teasing him and he clearly showed interest in Ranka in episode 13 ( yes, people, my ridiculous pictures... ) .
He doesnt' love her back, for me, that episode pretty confirmed it.
He cares for her like a precious friend but that's all. Sheryl is the one who loves him but it's an unrequited love....
How do you interpret Sheryl's paperplane falling from the sky ?
Some interpreted it as a death symbol which I don't think is that at all.
I see it as her realizing she couldn't reach his sky like she wanted to in northern Cross, because he loves Ranka, not her.



Quote:
I will also be tremendously surprised if Kawamori chooses to kill either of these popular heroine, Sheryl and Ranka. Fans of these characters may not have anything to worry about for them to kick the bucket, however, the fans who have shipping in mind may end up becoming disappointed.
With Alto wanting to kill Ranka, it will be tragic for sure.
And i don't think sheryl will die at the end.
Did you see the little girl when alto and Sheryl was dinning ? She was exactly like the one when Grace talked about sheryl being picke up on the streets.
If sheryl will be cure I think she is not appearing here , at such a bad time for sheryl's fan for nothing....
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 20:42   Link #287
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall
Quote:
Does Alto like Sheryl? Yes. Does Alto like Ranka? Yes. Alto also likes the people who chooses to live in this fragile world.
Not so OK though

Alto likes Sheryl ? and Ranka too ? No,no, this is not possible here ! And Alto also likes the people who chooses to live in this fragile world. ?
Monir, this is not peace and love world !.
ha-ha. Aneeshdac also diagrees. However, I do see the point you are both making even if I didn't come to a similar conclusion. As I've said, my opinion isn't a very popular one.

It's good to see you are enjoying yourself Seifall. Just try not to rub it in too much out of consideration. Be a good sport. The twist and turn thus far in the series hasn't followed a consistent line, so the remaining two episode can lean toward any conclusion. All we can do is to hold our breath and enjoy the ride. Good night!
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 20:45   Link #288
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
*throws more fuel into the fire*

Flashback of Ranshe and Grace arguing while Ranka and Brera watches...

Ranka : "Why are our moms fighting?"

cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 20:55   Link #289
wolfboy
:3
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
It's hilarious to see how much Seifall's posts really upset Sheryl fans this much. It's one poster's opinion! Get over it! Ranka fans have to deal with like twenty pro-Sheryl Seifalls on a daily basis lol
wolfboy is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 20:58   Link #290
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in her arms..
Age: 24
watched the raw just now... i didnt understand anything but..
seems those who understand (maybe) are already having a fight
about SherylXAlto and RankaXAlto!
the ep 22 was somehow made me think Go Alto you and Sheryl can live together now Ranka's with Brera!
then 23 made me think my god! and he has feelings for Ranka... >_<
its a fair fight for Sheryl and Ranka
I feel bad for Brera though... I pity him..

BTW,Ranka's mom looks hot..
skyfirefly is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:00   Link #291
Lostdreams
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
We must continuously give Sheryl our support!!!
Lostdreams is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:04   Link #292
musouka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
It's hilarious to see how much Seifall's posts really upset Sheryl fans this much. It's one poster's opinion! Get over it! Ranka fans have to deal with like twenty pro-Sheryl Seifalls on a daily basis lol
I'm not upset. This ep has a lot for me to take in. Overall, I think it points towards a Sheryl/Alto ending, but I don't really feel like arguing right now because my heart hurts so badly for Sheryl at the moment.
musouka is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:06   Link #293
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Didn't anyone else notice that Ranka's mom was couging during her argument with Grace? Perhaps Grace took some of Ranshe's blood and injected into Sheryl, thus' Sheryl having the V-Type virus?
Marina Ismail is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:08   Link #294
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Need... subs... BAD!
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:12   Link #295
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I'm not upset. This ep has a lot for me to take in. Overall, I think it points towards a Sheryl/Alto ending, but I don't really feel like arguing right now because my heart hurts so badly for Sheryl at the moment.
Agreed. Right now most of us are just feeling the pain that Sheryl is going through. We hate seeing our queen getting kicked to the curb with every passing episode.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:15   Link #296
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Agreed. Right now most of us are just feeling the pain that Sheryl is going through. We hate seeing our queen getting kicked to the curb with every passing episode.
I'm leaning towards a "sweetening of the cake" kinda thing, for her happy ending, now. It's just too much toil and trouble for her to NOT have one. Hope I'm right.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:16   Link #297
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
*throws more fuel into the fire*

Flashback of Ranshe and Grace arguing while Ranka and Brera watches...

Ranka : "Why are our moms fighting?"

Wow, that interpretation is just... What the kind of screwed up mother... :speechless:
glyph is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:16   Link #298
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I'm guessing next episode while she is singing as the troops goes out to war that she will become very, very ill. Also gg Alto making Sheryl go back into her shell again.... hope it's YOU that dies, not Ranka.
Marina Ismail is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:18   Link #299
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Does anyone find it interesting that Ranka referred to Grace and Ranshe as "our mothers" to Brera in the beginning of the episode? Could Grace be Brera's mother? Are they not related, after all? If so, something must've happened during that timespan, but whatever the reason, it may explain the somewhat strangely romantic air between them for the past few episodes. The fact that they may not be blood related at all may be why the series was so amazingly bold in depicting these romantic moments between this so-called brother and sister.
cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-09-11, 21:21   Link #300
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I don't know an inch of Japanese so nope... but if that fool said that then..... I really don't know what to think lol. I'm already shocked at her stupidity from jumping out of the VF towards "Ai-Kun"? (or was it a vaj that looked like him?) while earlier she seemed scared. -_-;

Now Brera's hair needs washing again...
Marina Ismail is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.