AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 21:15   Link #1
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Action/Supernatural....

Does anyone know any good animes that has a good plot and its an action/supernatural anime like

-Soul Eater
-FMA ( I considered as supernatural cause of alchemy= sort of magic)
-Zero No Tsukaima (I wouldnt mind romance as long as it has good plots)

I guess thats it thx in advance
Old 2008-09-12, 21:55   Link #2
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

- Kara no Kyoukai
- Claymore
- Fate Stay Night
- Utawarerumono
- World Destruction
- Tower of Druaga
- Heroic Age
- Tears to Tiara
- Witchblade
- Witch Hunter Robin
- Darker Than Black
Old 2008-09-12, 23:01   Link #3
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Just in case.... Naruto, Bleach, D Gray Man and One Piece.
Old 2008-09-12, 23:08   Link #4
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Just in case.... Naruto, Bleach, D Gray Man and One Piece.
I might say Naruto has a good plot but it takes forever before you finish it while (same goes for d gray man and one piece) but bleach....I dont think so

edit: thx for the advice though ^_^
Old 2008-09-13, 00:30   Link #5
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Spoiler for My hatred toward Naruto/Bleach:

First off, Bathory Area has good recommendations.

Some more-
Eureka Seven (Mecha)
Shakugan no Shana
Baccano!
Full Metal Panic!(mecha)
Xam'd: Lost Memories
Ghost In The Shell
Old 2008-09-13, 00:43   Link #6
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory Area View Post
- Kara no Kyoukai
- Claymore
- Fate Stay Night
- Utawarerumono
- World Destruction
- Tower of Druaga
- Heroic Age
- Tears to Tiara
- Witchblade
- Witch Hunter Robin
- Darker Than Black
I tried watching all of them but most them have an emo theme so could any1 give me an advice that has something funny like a mix in it( like soul eater for instance) thx in advance

-thx for the advice though
Old 2008-09-13, 01:13   Link #7
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Busou Renkin not mentioned yet? It was a very wonderful 26 episode alchemy themed action anime. Different from FMA, a little closer to Soul Eater for being shounen and each person having a unique weapon created from their own alchemic response.

Kakugane a super alloy created using alchemy responds to the fighting spirit of the warrior to transmute a weapon unique to each individual. The story tackles homunculi and later the Philosopher's stone.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-09-13, 06:41   Link #8
Quancio

Try Scryed
Old 2008-09-13, 07:09   Link #9
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Give me another chance =D Im suggesting action/supernatural animes but if you could add more info i could narrow it down more...

Full Metal Panic
Kaze no Stigma
Shakugan no Shana
Crest of Stars
Rental Magica
Gundam Seed
Hellsing
Rosario + Vampire
Sekirei
Claymore
Elemental Gerade
Juuni Kokki
Maburaho
Last Exile
Mai-Hime
Kekkaishi
Old 2008-09-20, 00:55   Link #10
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Something like sekirei...

Its ok if its not harem or anything but Im really into action/supernatural types of animes with good plots thx for the advice
Old 2008-09-20, 13:23   Link #11
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Just finished sekirei
-any advice on what to watch next that is like sekirei
Old 2008-09-20, 13:39   Link #12
Coruja

Action/supernatural with a good plot? I'm honestly surprised no one mentioned Death Note yet.

I suggest you try as well Darker Than Black, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo (especially these last two if you are trying to find animes with a reasonable dose of comedy).
Old 2008-09-20, 16:38   Link #13
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
Action/supernatural with a good plot? I'm honestly surprised no one mentioned Death Note yet.

I suggest you try as well Darker Than Black, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo (especially these last two if you are trying to find animes with a reasonable dose of comedy).
Cause I alredy watched death note but thx though I'll try to watch those other things u said thx agen
Old 2008-09-20, 21:35   Link #14
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post

I watched them but I ddnt really like them but thx though... do u guys have anymore advice like sekirei action/supernatural/harem or like zero no tsukaima thx in advance
Old 2008-09-21, 07:13   Link #15
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
I watched them but I ddnt really like them but thx though... do u guys have anymore advice like sekirei action/supernatural/harem or like zero no tsukaima thx in advance
didnt watch Sekirei but to follow the theme pointers youve selected I'd suggest Mai HiME to you and if you can't get enough of that watch Mai Otome and the following OAV, both involve the above themes and are set in a schoolly atmosphere, Mai Otome involves students that train to become Otome

action harem with humour I'd say the good old Tenchi Muyo series, you have an OAV of it, a remade series Tenchi Universe as well as a lot fo others, the humour is good in that one its like harem with various alien folk and space battles
Old 2008-09-22, 22:08   Link #16
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Give me another chance =D Im suggesting action/supernatural animes but if you could add more info i could narrow it down more...

Full Metal Panic
Kaze no Stigma
Shakugan no Shana
Crest of Stars
Rental Magica
Gundam Seed
Hellsing
Rosario + Vampire
Sekirei
Claymore
Elemental Gerade
Juuni Kokki
Maburaho
Last Exile
Mai-Hime
Kekkaishi
wow thx alot kaze no stigma is really gud im so stupid why ddnt i saw this advice b4
Old 2008-09-28, 01:52   Link #17
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
wow thx alot kaze no stigma is really gud im so stupid why ddnt i saw this advice b4
Done with kaze no stigma
Now Im stuck agen any advice????

Last edited by Kuya; 2008-09-28 at 20:21.
Old 2008-09-29, 21:47   Link #18
blewin

Some more: Scrapped Princess - strongly recommended. Mysterious with some great mix of action and magic/super.
The Third: the girl with the blue eye
Natsume Yuujinchou
Mushishi
Inuyasha
Old 2008-09-29, 22:15   Link #19
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Some more: Scrapped Princess - strongly recommended. Mysterious with some great mix of action and magic/super.
The Third: the girl with the blue eye
Natsume Yuujinchou
Mushishi
Inuyasha
thx 4 the advice but inuyasha takes too long 2 finish tried watching da 2 but ddnt really like it do u have / u guys hav anymore advice ?
Old 2008-09-30, 01:10   Link #20
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll toss Mononoke into the mix. It has duels between a human exorcist and demons, but there's a lot of slower, dialogue-heavy parts as well. If you're looking for show that's mostly action, this might not be to your taste. But since there are four story arcs in its twelve episodes, it's not that big a commitment to try out. If you don't like one arc, you can always try another.

Mononoke is a sequel to the final, three-episode arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales called "Bakeneko," or "Goblin Cat" in its English translation. That excellent show is licensed, but Mononoke is not.

Seirei no Moribito
concerns a female bodyguard who is asked to protect a young prince whose life is at risk because he might be possessed by a demon. Some of the best fighting choreography in anime, but these segments are scattered across a longer, more complex story having no "action" at all. This is also licensed and currently showing on [adult swim] in the US.

A couple of other suggestions might be Amatsuki and Junni Kokki ("Twelve Kingdoms"). In both shows a modern Japanese teenager is transported to an alternate universe where supernatural forces are at work. Junni Kokki is a classic, but it's slow going for the first half-dozen episodes. It becomes quite compelling soon thereafter. Amatsuki is a decent show but doesn't reach the story-telling heights of Twelve Kingdoms.

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo is a rather silly, but often entertaining show about a beautiful female police inspector who's in charge of investigating crimes involving the supernatural. Much of the show's appeal comes from the sexual tension between Ryoko and her male assistant. The series is composed of single episodes and short story arcs.

If you've never watched Miyazaki's Mononoke Hime ("Princess Mononoke"), I suggest you go and rent the DVD tomorrow. It's pretty widely available in the West and should be required viewing for any anime fan.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-09-30 at 01:21.
Closed Thread

Tags
supernatural