AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-12, 08:54   Link #21
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyre
I do this on purpose. My fansubs were made to be watched, enjoyed, then deleted. A substitute for it airing on TV if you want to think of it like that. However if you like the series so much that you want to see it again, you should buy the R2's or wait until R1's are released (like they ALWAYS are these days).
There are big holes in your logic, Spyre.

1) Not every anime is going to be R1 licensed. (I wish that wasn't true, but it is.) Maybe the popular shows that you sub are, but not many of the ones I enjoy.
2) Buying the R2 is worthless to most people (in the R1 area) since they have to have a modded DVD player to play them, and they have no subs. For your idea to work for me, I'd have to rip all the R2 DVDs of the shows I like (after I bought them), create and time my own subtitles based on your scripts from your fansubs (which I would later delete), and burn new DVDs with those subtitles in place.
3) Making the files a little bigger than 4 per CD will not stop people from archiving. It will just make people archive onto more CDs/DVDs (and it'll make a few people angry).

Thank you for any fansubs that you may have made that I've watched, but I think your logic is way flawed. But, I can't make you change and make things more convenient, just like you can't stop me from archiving.

The only way you can stop people from archiving is to stop fansubbing and distributing. I'm not in favor of that, but if you're so against what you think people do, then maybe you should stop doing what you do that makes them able to do what you hate.

YOU CANNOT CONTROL WHAT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DO WITH YOUR FILES!
Old 2004-02-12, 10:31   Link #22
Iron Monkey

Why would you care so much? So it doesn't fit one on CD-r. Big deal, burn it onto two then. I mean, come on, how cheap do you really have to be? It's like 50 cents a disc.
Old 2004-02-12, 11:53   Link #23
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I declare u&t to be the winner of this thread, with Iron Monkey coming in second.

Really, the things people whinge and whine about....

Closing thread since all it's doing is providing a whinge generator.
Closed Thread