AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-09-13, 23:54   Link #1
Hakuoro917
Obsessed Anime Syndrome
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Hakuoro917
mkv-Avi

i have a question. where can i find an mkv splitter like since i have a series that is mkv and has dual audio i want to convert it to avi with only on language. can i get any help?
Hakuoro917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 01:48   Link #2
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

mkvextract (part of the mkvmerge GUI pack, I believe) lets you extract streams from MKV files.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 23:32   Link #3
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

I have a quick question since this has been brought up, whenever I extract a video stream, it comes out with an extension of h264 and I have no idea how to use this file. Am I suppose to extract this h264 file along with the aac/mp3 audio files and mux it in another program? Say virtual dub and load audio files and save as avi?

Basically I don't want to use mkv and like the TS said, I want to put it all back together, preferrebly in avi form, but I don't know how to combine or work with an h264 file and finalize an avi with audio.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 2008-09-15, 07:34   Link #4
emptyeighty

You use mkv just like you use any other video format, by installing the proper DirectShow Filters.

It doesn't make much sense remuxing to avi since a) you won't be able to mux any h.264 stream into avi because avi is so outdated and b) even if you do remux there's no advantage to it since your standalone avi players can't decode h.264.
So save yourself the trouble and read the sticky.
emptyeighty is offline   Reply With Quote