AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 138 36.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 22.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 50 13.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 9.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 7.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 3.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.05%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 20 5.25%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-14, 13:10   Link #401
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Finally decided to actually watch Turn 23 (Painful it was...)
Ruruko-himesama, now you have my respect.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:18   Link #402
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I gave this episode a 1 for several reasons

1. The complete character derailment of the Black Knights. Their is no reason why they should choose Schneizel over Lelouch. If they hate Lelouch they can take him on next. This episode was nothing more than a slightly better written episode than the last Gundam Seed Destiny episode.
2. Nunally's a retard, kill her now so the world can get her off the planet.
3. Schneizel plans to end war by blowing up Earth. Oh for the love of god that was lame
4. Tanaguchi does it again, why am I not suprised.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:21   Link #403
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I gave this episode a 1 for several reasons

1. The complete character derailment of the Black Knights. Their is no reason why they should choose Schneizel over Lelouch. If they hate Lelouch they can take him on next. This episode was nothing more than a slightly better written episode than the last Gundam Seed Destiny episode.
2. Nunally's a retard, kill her now so the world can get her off the planet.
3. Schneizel plans to end war by blowing up Earth. Oh for the love of god that was lame
4. Tanaguchi does it again, why am I not suprised.
Damn you pretty much nailed it ~_~
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:29   Link #404
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I gave this episode a 1 for several reasons

1. The complete character derailment of the Black Knights. Their is no reason why they should choose Schneizel over Lelouch. If they hate Lelouch they can take him on next. This episode was nothing more than a slightly better written episode than the last Gundam Seed Destiny episode.
2. Nunally's a retard, kill her now so the world can get her off the planet.
3. Schneizel plans to end war by blowing up Earth. Oh for the love of god that was lame
4. Tanaguchi does it again, why am I not suprised.
Uh...okay. So the threat of them being nuked isn't enough to make them fall in line with Schneizel? And the UFN leaders and Schneizel did confer. It's not as if this was random.

2. Nunnally's being pushed along by Schneizel. Although her wanting to 'contribute' did lessen my opinion of her.

3. Dunno, tried and true reason?

4. Again?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:39   Link #405
Miraploy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Plotwise probably the worst episode so far.Charred Knight had it right, add to those Cornelia's death, probably the worst and the lamest death in the series so far.
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:42   Link #406
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Sometimes I wonder if the people flaming it have even been paying attention to the plot.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:43   Link #407
manga852
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
alright finally watched it and surprisingly it wasn't crap best episode in the last 5 or 6.
what Schneizel said about use mask not sure if he meant that lulu doesn't know how to use his or that he was using his in the wrong way. It seems Schneizel's mask is use to manipulate others while lulu's is used to protect the people that are important to him

P.S. any bet that Gino and Kallen gonna hook up
manga852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:45   Link #408
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Uh...okay. So the threat of them being nuked isn't enough to make them fall in line with Schneizel? And the UFN leaders and Schneizel did confer. It's not as if this was random.

2. Nunnally's being pushed along by Schneizel. Although her wanting to 'contribute' did lessen my opinion of her.

3. Dunno, tried and true reason?

4. Again?
Disposable Woman, one of my main complaints about the last half of R2 has been the fact that women are being used as shooting targets, and getting crappy deaths, and crappy screen time.

The threat of being nuked didn't deter Lelouch, this episode sole purpose was to make Lelouch look good, by making everyone else look bad.

The Black Knights are idiots
Nunnaly is a naive idiot
Schneizel is a psychopath

Lelouch while an evil bastard that has brainwashed people is your only hope.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:52   Link #409
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Okay, let me explain again.

There are two outcomes for Cornelia, neither of which are good. The first, she was killed instantly- a full MG clip was emptied into her back, a highly vulnerable area, and having veins that, if severed could cause massive blood loss anyway if she lived. The second, she's heavily wounded. But she's losing blood by the gallon, and...what can she do if she's alive? Fuck all, that's what. Eh. She's done nothing save help in killing V.V. this season, anyway.
This is Geass. Nobody is allowed to die. Cornelia will be making a miraculous comeback and then everyone will be like "Huge plot twist!"
__________________
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:54   Link #410
El_Negro
El_Negro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caribbean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Sometimes I wonder if the people flaming it have even been paying attention to the plot.
No they are angst Lelouch haters and Schniezel supporters who finally can't get it through that Schniezel is actually alot worse that Lelouch
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:55   Link #411
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
No they are angst Lelouch haters and Schniezel supporters who finally can't get it through that Schniezel is actually alot worse that Lelouch
Care to provide evidence? I will back off if you do.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:55   Link #412
workingclass
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
lawls i called it . i knew episode 23 would be a semi fast paced boring episode thats gonna be a leadup to the final 2 episodes fo epicness. its juts like r1.

but what i cant predict is how all the main char are gonna end up its a coin toss really
workingclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:55   Link #413
El_Negro
El_Negro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caribbean
Quote:
Originally Posted by manga852 View Post
alright finally watched it and surprisingly it wasn't crap best episode in the last 5 or 6.
what Schneizel said about use mask not sure if he meant that lulu doesn't know how to use his or that he was using his in the wrong way. It seems Schneizel's mask is use to manipulate others while lulu's is used to protect the people that are important to him

P.S. any bet that Gino and Kallen gonna hook up
It depends on whether or not Lelouch lives or dies
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:59   Link #414
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
No they are angst Lelouch haters and Schniezel supporters who finally can't get it through that Schniezel is actually alot worse that Lelouch
You clearly didn't read anything I wrote did you

This episode sole purpose was to make Lelouch look good.

The problem is that I don't see why the hell I should like either side. All this episode did was make me hate all the characters.

The Black Knights are idiots
Schneizel is a psychopath just without the style or badassness of someone like Kimblee.
Lelouch is a lying asshole who brainwashes anyone who gets in the way.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:03   Link #415
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 25
Just more of the same problems in this episode. It reeks of bad writing now and I'm just not that excited about these episodes anymore. It feels like frickin GUndam Seed Destiny or something. I'm pretty much convinced at this point that the series with end in a trainwreck. THis was one of my most hated episodes.

5/10
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:03   Link #416
El_Negro
El_Negro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caribbean
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
Care to provide evidence? I will back off if you do.
Evidence that Schniezel is alot worse

1) He doesn't give a ratass about the UFN leaders, seeing that he'll dispose of
them after the final confrontation with Lelouch

2) Has a giant Nuke fortess positioned at the centre of the earth to nuke all the
major capital cities in the globe thus reducing each countries economical & social
infrastructure;

3) Shot Cornelia in the back and so far Cornelia has supported him the most until
now that it is

4) Manipulated Nunnally to be the one to activate/launch Freya, staining her
hands with blood making her conscience guilty while his is scotch free clean

5) He said it himself, that if he must, he WILL become God to maintain his so called
ideology of world peace.

oh and by the way his ideology of world peace is "peace at the barrel of a gun", kinda of a forced peace just like Charles & Marieanne's own forced peace method (use of Ragnarok).

need I state more?
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:06   Link #417
El_Negro
El_Negro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caribbean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
You clearly didn't read anything I wrote did you

This episode sole purpose was to make Lelouch look good.

The problem is that I don't see why the hell I should like either side. All this episode did was make me hate all the characters.

The Black Knights are idiots
Schneizel is a psychopath just without the style or badassness of someone like Kimblee.
Lelouch is a lying asshole who brainwashes anyone who gets in the way.
Aww don't be mad that the White King actually was really bad underneath.

U completely forget that this show is completey GREY, u can't tell whose good & bad, almost all of them are flawed characters in a sense.

Lelouch is a lying, manipulative bastard BUT he still has good intentions of not forcing his will on others and wanting to make the world a little better, to bad he has to do it the wrong way.

PS. if u don't like how the series is going then don't watch it
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:07   Link #418
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Well, we know that suzaku will either rescue Nunnally or kill her. He said that his duty is to take out lulu's enemies and his weakness! It is officialy, whatever Lulu promised him, is so important that he will kill Nunnally!

edit:
by the way, both lulu and Schniezel are better off dead! both are crazy!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:10   Link #419
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Evidence that Schniezel is alot worse

1) He doesn't give a ratass about the UFN leaders, seeing that he'll dispose of
them after the final confrontation with Lelouch

2) Has a giant Nuke fortess positioned at the centre of the earth to nuke all the
major capital cities in the globe thus reducing each countries economical & social
infrastructure;

3) Shot Cornelia in the back and so far Cornelia has supported him the most until
now that it

4) Manipulated Nunnally to be the one to activate/launch Freya, staining her
hands with blood making her conscience guilty while his is scotch free clean

5) He said it himself, that if he must, he WILL become God to maintain his so called
ideology of world peace.

oh and by the way his ideology of world peace is "peace at the barrel of a gun", kinda of a forced peace just like Charles & Marieanne's own forced peace method (use of Ragnarok).

need I state more?
1- Useless beaurcrats, Lelouch was willing to off them episode 22
2- Different from Lelouch razing countries somehow?
3- Yea Lelouch has never backstabbed anyone.. ANYONE
4- She asked, he didn't even hint her to use FLEYA
5- How is that different than Lelouch becoming a tyrant?

Forced peace (between nations) is better than constant warfare. If you want to disagree try living in Africa. The only time humanity has probably ever fought a moral war (revolutions don't count x.x) was WW2 where there was literally evil marching at the gates.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:12   Link #420
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_negro View Post
aww don't be mad that the white king actually was really bad underneath.

U completely forget that this show is completey grey, u can't tell whose good & bad, almost all of them are flawed characters in a sense.

Lelouch is a lying, manipulative bastard but he still has good intentions of not forcing his will on others and wanting to make the world a little better, to bad he has to do it the wrong way.

Ps. If u don't like how the series is going then don't watch it
ffs he uses geass for complete obediance command!
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.