AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 138 36.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 22.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 50 13.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 9.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 7.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 3.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.05%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 20 5.25%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-14, 14:39   Link #441
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
So, NLS, drawing your sword and charging about two paces before being backstabbed makes one a 'fighter'?
Would you have prefered it if Cornilla was given the same death treatment as Monica and Dorothea. At least she tried to do something instead of giving comentary then dying.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:40   Link #442
Kakisho
Just Another

Send a message via AIM to Kakisho
Hahaha (note the three ha's) 'bout time they had a big scale battle not like with the chinese federation vs the black knights or the black knights vs the tokyo settlement i mean like fotress in the sky verses a few dreadnaughts. If you look deeper into the battle, they said how the only guys they could use were the ones that reoccupied japan and if you looked on the map there were forces fighting across the entire world. Mann imagine all of them, together. Still, lelouch got pwned haha. I want to see the lancelot rip apart gino, konan (or somethign like that, schneizal's assistant dude) and possibly all of the freiyas on the Domocles which would yes, be a gigantic kamikaze bomb. But even more than those, i want the Black knights to figure out that they're being used just like they were for lelouch (stupid pawns can't do anything right except screw up the main character) and then turn on schniezal. In the end, i expect and evangellion styled ending, the freiyas blow everyone up except C.C. since she's immortal. Oh and question: for those who know how heavy a sword really is especially something like a broad sword lelouch had with gold and stuff, first of all, to hold it up with one arm...is like, impossible unless you know how to use a sword WELL, and lelouch is super super unfit so how can he even carry the sword? Then, he does very very quick strokes in the air as he gives it war speech. Perhaps it's plastic just for the emperor : ).
Old 2008-09-14, 14:40   Link #443
hero147

Lol....Watch Lacus come inbetween both forces..."uh uh....That's a no no, if this battle starts, I will fudge both your asses"
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:41   Link #444
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
It's still not the WHOLE WORLD!!!

Hey if ur the type to force ur will on other people then I'd like 2 see u try.
WoW so wars are cool so long as they don't affect you. There's nothing wrong with forcing your will on people as long as it has a strong sense of justice and liberalism to it. Hey wars in Africa are really shitty, yea they don't affect us but a lot of people fucking die instead of raping Iraq so people can have bigger profits lets invade Sudan or Zimbabwe and get rid of those despots.
Old 2008-09-14, 14:41   Link #445
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well...she sort of was. The only thing she did that was different was draw her blade.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:42   Link #446
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Oh. So lying makes you good?
Oh come on he is lying for the sake of others. Obviously Lelouch is putting on a mask for a purpose. When he is alone the real Lelouch comes out.

Schneizel is wearing a completely different mask he is pretending to be the saint when really doesn't care who he sacrifices. Lelouch does care even willing to turn the world against him.

The bottom line is we do not know Lelouch's real plan. All I will say is wait until the final episode and then tell me I am wrong and that Lelouch is just like Schneizel.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:42   Link #447
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Would you have prefered it if Cornilla was given the same death treatment as Monica and Dorothea. At least she tried to do something instead of giving comentary then dying.
So her death was slightly less pathetic, than two of the most pathetic deaths in anime history.

Its still pathetic
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:43   Link #448
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Well...she sort of was. The only thing she did that was different was draw her blade.
So true. I fear that Chiba might be given a similar fate in the upcoming episodes.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:46   Link #449
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
So true. I fear that Chiba might be given a similar fate in the upcoming episodes.
Good, it's about time they got rid of useless characters.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:48   Link #450
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Oh come on he is lying for the sake of others. Obviously Lelouch is putting on a mask for a purpose. When he is alone the real Lelouch comes out. Not the one with the mask.

Schneizel is wearing a completely different mask he is pretending to be the saint when really doesn't care who he sacrifices. Lelouch does care even willing to turn the world against him.

The bottom line is we do not know Lelouch's real plan. All I will say is wait until the final episode and then tell me I am wrong and that Lelouch is just like Schneizel.
Oh. And what makes you think we know Schneizel's real plan?
You are giving Lelouch benefit of doubt. Why can't I give Schneizel benefit of doubt? And do i even have to?
And Schneizel cares who he sacrifices. It's useless to sacrifice anyone. You need to know whom,when and where to sacrifice.
And Lelouch isn't lying for the sake of others. He is lying for his sake.
Most of people would probably prefer Schneizel's ( If you don't start war, I'll not nuke you and everything is fine) against Lelouch "I'll start a war, many will die, then i will die, and there will be peace".
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:50   Link #451
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-You know at the end of this series someone should really make an "Abridged Geass" parody. Not only would it provide for a source of cheap laughs but it will also give the opportunity to call out the many quirks of the anime (like Lelouch's overly-dramatic hand gestures ).

-So with the light-hearted idea out of the way let's talk rigor mortis:

-Alas, Cornelia, we salute thee. Maybe next time you'll think twice when attempting to reason with a genocidal maniac bent on claiming the title of GOD. Her death is tragic and not befitting a warrior that she was but what can you do? It only serves to prove the overall theme that "War is bad, in and of itself, therefore there can never be true "heroes" or "justice" when death is on the menu". In the end, it is not morals that prevail in war but who pulls the trigger faster.

-You know, sometimes I am glad that Code Geass doesn't include gigantic universe demolishing cannons seen in the Super Robot Wars franchize. God knows how the story would have been like if they did.
Old 2008-09-14, 14:50   Link #452
Baixinho

5/10 for me.

Except the confirmation of Schneizel being THE bad guy and a nice scene between CC and Lelouch, nothing much happened in this episode and it was mostly a build up for next episode. Moreover I really didn't like Nunally siding with Schneizel KNOWING what is FREIJA. I mean come on! Don't you have at least a bit of faith for the guy who has done everything he could to protect you for 8 freaking years?? That seemed very ooc, and made Nunnally look very much like a pawn.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:51   Link #453
patnam

Quote:
was her blade included a gun (gunblade)... btw, sword can't defeat gun anyway...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:52   Link #454
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Good, it's about time they got rid of useless characters.
I dunno. The BK's are the luckest bunch I've ever seen in a show. So many deaths on the Britannian side yet none of them go down at all. Even though the flagship is shot down they ALL still survive I mean WTH?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:53   Link #455
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, Stage 24 and 25 marked the first deaths of named BKs (Yoshida and Inoue), so, since this series often parallels...
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:53   Link #456
reaper_unique

Does anybody have a translation of the extended preview? please?
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:54   Link #457
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
1- Useless beaurcrats, Lelouch was willing to off them episode 22
2- Different from Lelouch razing countries somehow?
3- Yea Lelouch has never backstabbed anyone.. ANYONE
4- She asked, he didn't even hint her to use FLEYA
5- How is that different than Lelouch becoming a tyrant?

Forced peace (between nations) is better than constant warfare. If you want to disagree try living in Africa. The only time humanity has probably ever fought a moral war (revolutions don't count x.x) was WW2 where there was literally evil marching at the gates.
Why Africa?? ... all places in Africa arent bent on constant warfare
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:54   Link #458
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
was her blade included a gun (gunblade)... btw, sword can't defeat gun anyway...
Was that a joke?
Gun? Beating Sword? In my anime?
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:55   Link #459
patnam

Losses continuely for Britannian side is just give Nina some time to counter Freija anyway, that is what Lelouch plan for (he try to use defense before finding a counter to Freija).
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:55   Link #460
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Talk about convenience though. I mean who makes a machine gun pop out and shoot in a specific direction with just the snap of the fingers?

Quote:
Well, Stage 24 and 25 marked the first deaths of named BKs (Yoshida and Inoue), so, since this series often parallels...
Which still pales in comparison. CC and Suzaku better start decking out some heavy damage along with Jeremiah.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote