AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-19, 15:25   Link #41
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviathanDarkly View Post
Look at post 35.
It doesn't work that way lol

Attraction is based on indivduals, and even for those who don't find 2-D attractive.

And I for one, who loves 2-D wholeheartedly, doesn't find Sabre's looks all that attractive. But combined with her character, she's still pretty amazing.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 15:47   Link #42
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviathanDarkly View Post
Look at post 35.
how to explain this hm....

is it an attractive picture? well i spose it is in a way, but do i feel any kind of attraction towards it? no not at all lol

if i find someone attractive, it generally means '' yes, i would bang that''

i cannot say that about a single anime character


post #2 sums its up well
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 18:22   Link #43
Scrya
"Also a Lolicon"
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Coast America
Send a message via MSN to Scrya
I'm guessing there are several definitions of "attractive" going around. They include:
Eye pleasing (not always in the moe way)
Crush sort of attraction
What Hellsing said "yes, i would bang that" attraction

I think the view of different people on what the word "attraction" is what's making arguments and complications.
Scrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 20:17   Link #44
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrya View Post
I'm guessing there are several definitions of "attractive" going around. They include:
Eye pleasing (not always in the moe way)
Crush sort of attraction
What Hellsing said "yes, i would bang that" attraction

I think the view of different people on what the word "attraction" is what's making arguments and complications.
ye thats exactly it, its how you see the word attraction - am nearly certain when the OP made this thread, he isnt talking about it in an ''eyecandy'' kinda of way

back @ LeviathanDarkly, its not that some of us are narrow-minded, i think its more a case of some of you have a fetish, possible hentai viewers around here i think
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 10:47   Link #45
Dream
working...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada, Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
In terms of some sort of emotional connection

Hitomi Kashizawa from Welcome to the NHK: She was a smart, soft spoken girl, but under a lot of stress and either concequently or coincidentally developed paranoia and insecurity. I really actually felt for in a way that I never really do with anime characters (especially females).
yea~ hitomi is truely awesome

hm, not really attracted to her but i think C.C. is really cool. maybe Kaname too from Vampire Knight.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 17:56   Link #46
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 24
Spoiler for NSFW:

Turned on yet?
Quote:
@ LeviathanDarkly, its not that some of us are narrow-minded, i think its more a case of some of you have a fetish, possible hentai viewers around here i think
No. You are narrow-minded. If you don't have any feithes as you claim, then you denial you're own sexuality. Loose up.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-09-20 at 22:57.
LeviathanDarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 18:02   Link #47
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
You have to put NSFW spoiler tags over those. And because of the stand you're making, you have displayed yourself as a narrowminded person as well.

Meaning argument fails.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 18:30   Link #48
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You have to put NSFW spoiler tags over those.
They're SFW.
Quote:
And because of the stand you're making, you have displayed yourself as a narrowminded person as well.

Meaning argument fails.
No, I did not. If he sees attraction to 2D as a "fetish" rather than a sexual interest and implying this is "my issue/problem" and he has no fetishes, he's definitely in denial.
LeviathanDarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 19:00   Link #49
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviathanDarkly View Post
No. You are narrow-minded. If you don't have any feithes as you claim, then you denial you're own sexuality. Loose up.
no..not a turn on at all...i cant feel sexual feeling towards something that isnt real -_- maybe i lack imagination? but to be honest i find it a little weird, but owell !

denial of my own sexuality? so basically am gay if i dont like them pictures lol?
nope am deffo hetrosexual

i never said i have no fetishes, however they would be things like...when i enjoyed my gf dressing as a nurse for me
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 19:29   Link #50
masterwok
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviathanDarkly View Post
Of course I find girls form anime attractive. I think You have to be a pretty narrow-minded person if you find only 3D girls attractive.
2d and 3d doesnt matter to find attraction bc if you take a picture of a real person it becomes 2d with shading just the same as anime. the ppl that say they dont have attraction dont know what they are talking about bc there are characters that have different characteristics as they develop through the series itself and also the voice of the voice actor helps bring attraction to a character.

lacus clyne from gundam seed
teletha tessarossa from full metal panic
saber from fate/stay night
Ueda Kana from fate/stay night

there are probably more but i cant think of them right now.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 19:52   Link #51
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
2d and 3d doesnt matter to find attraction bc if you take a picture of a real person it becomes 2d with shading just the same as anime. the ppl that say they dont have attraction dont know what they are talking about bc there are characters that have different characteristics as they develop through the series itself and also the voice of the voice actor helps bring attraction to a character..
am sorry...did you just say animated girls and real girls, are the same due to shading in a picture? that first sentence is bonkers

imaging telling that to your parents, they would think youve lost the plot, i recommend getting out into the world i really do
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 19:58   Link #52
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
definitely osaka from azumanga, she is addictive.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 22:57   Link #53
Dream
working...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada, Toronto
Ok problem here is simple. Voracious Hollow doesn't recognize anime characters as humans. though they resemble humans, he doesn't think of them as one.
same way I don't think life drawing models as human. they are human, but that thought never comes through my mind. its just work for me.

so hes' not in denial or anything. Normally people accept anime characters as humans, but some don't. And once you don't recognize them as such, no matter how nice the curve may be, it wont bring any sexual feelings.
It's not the lines, but the lines being associated with the female body that brings sexual thoughts.

As there are people who can only find sexual attraction toward 2d, there are those who can only find in it 3d. (not saying voracious hollow can't find it in 2d) most people can find it in both
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 23:01   Link #54
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviathanDarkly View Post
They're SFW.
Where in the world do you work if that's considered safe?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
imaging telling that to your parents, they would think youve lost the plot, i recommend getting out into the world i really do
Yes, for some reason, these sorts of threads always get some of this. Just let it be -- no one needs to justify themselves to anyone else, and certainly not here. We don't need to start giving people guilt trips.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 04:07   Link #55
masterwok
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
am sorry...did you just say animated girls and real girls, are the same due to shading in a picture? that first sentence is bonkers

imaging telling that to your parents, they would think youve lost the plot, i recommend getting out into the world i really do
im just saying they are similar bc when you add the voice actor to the character they act pretty much like a human person. its like a person showing there identity through speaking.
most ppl dont feel attracted towards a photo of a person bc its just a piece of paper, but until you add the actions a person takes which makes up his/her . now that makes a person attractive so why cant that be the same with characters from anime.

Last edited by masterwok; 2008-09-21 at 04:30.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 04:21   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I bet Playboy is just stunned... all those people all those years ACTUALLY buying the magazine for the articles because 2-d touched up photos weren't attractive

Erotic art can be a cartoon sometimes. The real world is simply a collection of sensory inputs that you connect into some meaningful model in your head. Moving art that speaks dialog can be considered attractive both emotionally and physically because it represents an ideal of some kind.

If it isn't to some, that has no bearing on it being the case for others.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 06:34   Link #57
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
most ppl dont feel attracted towards a photo of a person bc its just a piece of paper.
well vex already summed this up, but i had to quote it because its funny , your the minority thinking this

well it does raise many questions when people find such characters sexually attractive...as when i look at alot of anime girls, what age are you thinking?? alot of them look sorta 9 to 16 to me....translate this to human pictures and errr, i find it even more weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, for some reason, these sorts of threads always get some of this. Just let it be -- no one needs to justify themselves to anyone else, and certainly not here. We don't need to start giving people guilt trips.
am not trying to make people feel bad about there ''hobby '', just argueing the point of why you shouldnt find anime pictures sexual ~.~ (trying to do it in a way thats not offensive ;x)
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 14:55   Link #58
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
well it does raise many questions when people find such characters sexually attractive...as when i look at alot of anime girls, what age are you thinking?? alot of them look sorta 9 to 16 to me....translate this to human pictures and errr, i find it even more weird
This is because you're trying to transpose what you see in anime to real life models -- to imagine them as "real people". I realize this is because, to you, what you define as "attractiveness" can only apply to things you imagine as real people. But characters in anime are not real. Half of the time they're not even "realistic". What one person finds attractive in the fictional anime realm they may not find even remotely attractive in real life (if such a thing could even exist). There may or may not be some correlation, but it's just not the same. Anime is anime. Real life is real life. (Though, as Vexx pointed out, the line between "fiction" and "reality" isn't always that clearcut.)

It reminds me of the classic saying that sometimes what is unseen is more sensual than what is seen. In this sense, flipping the saying around somewhat, the imagination can, for some people, be at least as powerful an influence as the physical world. The idea that characters in art can be beautiful to the beholder is no more or less abstract than all of the timeless debates over "realism" vs. "impressionism" (vs. "surrealism"). Everyone sees things differently, and what's being called "attraction" in this thread is a personal feeling like any other. To some people (possibly many people on this forum), something doesn't have to be "real", or be imagined as "real", to be attractive. You may not be able to relate to this way of looking at things, but that doesn't mean it's Wrong.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 21:08   Link #59
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 502
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Eyecandy yes, attractive, no.

I find that drawn characters lack... depth...
Yeah, depth is missing...

But I guess that's what you get when you're drawn only in two-dimensions...

*suicide*
__________________
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 13:02   Link #60
Strahan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Some people seem to be hung up on the idea that someone attracted to a picture is attracted to.. the picture. Of course people aren't attracted to a piece of paper itself, people are attracted to what the paper represents. The idea. I find the picture I have of my ex girlfriend very attractive, not that I wanna kiss the paper but that it makes me feel affection toward the person the picture represents.

Sure, an anime character has no person to be represented in the flesh but thanks to the animation and dialog the person exists in our imagination. It's not really much different than people who do online dating before meeting IRL. They swap pictures, send tons of emails back and forth getting to know each other. Alot of people end up attracted to each other, even though they've never met because they formed the idea in their head of what the person is like and they are attracted to that. Since they've never met IRL all they have to go on are photos and the dialog from chats. Not much different than an anime character then, except the anime is at least moving and speaking heh.

However.. having said that, for the record I'm in the camp of anime = eyecandy but I cannot imagine being infatuated with them. My logical brain side is too prevalent in my thinking.. i.e. this person doesn't exist, and you could never be with them ergo no love. At least that's the way it works for me. I do find alot of anime characters attractive in that I think they look pleasing to the eye, that's about it.

Oh, and I also don't really find Saber all that attractive. Rin > Saber. But then, IRL I tend to date brunettes with long hair and dislike blonds and short hair so I suppose that makes sense lol.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.