AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-09-16, 20:22   Link #21
Darklsins
Gomu Gumo no Kick UR @$$

Send a message via MSN to Darklsins
I surely hope that Boa is not a Shichbukai =/

seems a tad bit to early to be introducing another one =/
Darklsins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 20:25   Link #22
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meedy View Post
Kuma said that it was his victims who choose where they want to go, so i can't understand why Luffy don't know where he is knowing that he is in the place that he was thinking this time (sorry about my English, it isn't my first language neither my second ^^')
Nooo....his victims do not choose where they are going. KUMA chooses for them. It would be kind've useless if the victim could decide where they wanted to go.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 21:08   Link #23
marvelB

I'm not going to touch further on the subject of Kuma... for now. It's time for some empress speculatin'!

So... Boa Hancock. DF user or not? Considering her alternate title of "Snake Princess", I'd guess she may either be a snake Zoan, or at least have some kind of venom-based DF power. I kinda doubt that she's very young either.... I'd say she would be at least Shanks' age. As for her sisters.... well, they may have some sort of snake-themed ability too, but I can't really judge them at this point since we don't really have any info on them yet. I'm also guessing that Hancock may not necessarily be an enemy. I mean, can Luffy really face off against a legendary pirate so soon after the chaotic situation at Sabaody...?

And again, there's that slight chance that Hancock or her sisters might turn out to be Luffy's mother. It would certainly make for an interesting development...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 21:11   Link #24
Captain Roronoa Zoro

so wut was said about this hancock lady in the newest chapter?
Captain Roronoa Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 23:26   Link #25
Yohohoho~ Brookefan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Edit: Looks like that thing about Margaret being a princess was a mistranslation (it was referring to Hancock). Margaret being a potential Straw-Hat is still fair game.

Eh, I'm still hoping for Caimie to join later, though Margaret does seem like she would be an amusing crew member... since it appears she doesn't now much outside of the island. =] And I really hope that Hancock isn't a shichibukai because we've had enough of them for now... He, I bet Sanji wishes he was on the Amazon Island instead of Luffy. Oh and what page does it mention who Hancock is?
Yohohoho~ Brookefan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 23:44   Link #26
chitgoks

only oda knows if he wants a shicibukai introduced again in this arc. no one expected kuma to appear in thriller bark
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 03:01   Link #27
BestKeptSecret

got this from a One Piece Forum..
could it be that this is Hancock?
Its from a One Piece Colour Walk..

any suggestions/oppinions?
BestKeptSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 03:02   Link #28
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Spoiler summary is out:

-It's confirmed that the amazon's snakes are used as weapons (well, just bows, anyway).

-Boa Hancock, the Pirate Empress (also known as the Snake Princess), rules the island, along with her siblings (apparently).

-Chapter title is "Adventure on the Women's Island".

Heh, I figured there would be some significance to Amazon Lily. For those who've forgotten, the "Pirate Empress" was mentioned by Lola's crew at the end of Thriller Bark. Heh, anyone wanna guess that Hancock is the seventh Shichibukai? I mean, she DOES has an animal-related name....

Edit: Looks like that thing about Margaret being a princess was a mistranslation (it was referring to Hancock). Margaret being a potential Straw-Hat is still fair game.
there is something strange...
according to the translation ... it wasn't said if the young amazon lady was the one with the name is Boa Hancock, it could be the old woman that showed up in the end of the previous arc, not the young one...

second , you said the Pirate Empress which mean she is the one that have the same rank as shanks, wb and the rest of the pirate empires .... not a Shichibukai... but i still think lola's mother is the 4th pirate empire.

third, wither Shichibukai or Pirate Empress, it means that luffy got send to the new world... which create another conflict issues since luffy need to go to mermaid island.

fourth, Kuma pow can send someone fly for three day and nights but it doesn't mean he can't send someone to fly for 1 day or half day, also i think he can control the power so he can control the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

the woman in picture seems similar it seems like the one, that was setting on chair and suggested burning luffy after removing the mushroom, come to think of it she was the only one that wasn't surprised or care about discovering luffy...

she wasn't even surprised of luffy being a man.

Quote:
I'm not going to touch further on the subject of Kuma... for now. It's time for some empress speculatin'!

So... Boa Hancock. DF user or not? Considering her alternate title of "Snake Princess", I'd guess she may either be a snake Zoan, or at least have some kind of venom-based DF power. I kinda doubt that she's very young either.... I'd say she would be at least Shanks' age. As for her sisters.... well, they may have some sort of snake-themed ability too, but I can't really judge them at this point since we don't really have any info on them yet. I'm also guessing that Hancock may not necessarily be an enemy. I mean, can Luffy really face off against a legendary pirate so soon after the chaotic situation at Sabaody...?

And again, there's that slight chance that Hancock or her sisters might turn out to be Luffy's mother. It would certainly make for an interesting development...

the name could come from the snake that was on her shoulder, it doesn't mean she need to be DF user...

Last edited by airsBlue; 2008-09-17 at 03:18.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 03:25   Link #29
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
So... Boa Hancock. DF user or not? Considering her alternate title of "Snake Princess", I'd guess she may either be a snake Zoan, or at least have some kind of venom-based DF power.
I wouldn't count on it.
Sir Crocodile has a sand power, Gecko Moria has a shadow power, Monky D Luffy has a rubber power, and King Cobra and Nezumi have none.
(And I think it's safe to say that DoFlamingo and "Hawk-eye" Mihawk doesn't seem to have flamingo or hawk power )
Although she has a title of serpent, the fact that her name has animal theme to it actually gives me the impression she may NOT have zoan power.
But hey, Oda could always break the pattern at any time, you never know. Drake's example comes to mind, for one.

Btw, I put the summary out for the 9 pics Himajin posted.
Old 2008-09-17, 03:48   Link #30
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
fourth, Kuma pow can send someone fly for three day and nights but it doesn't mean he can't send someone to fly for 1 day or half day, also i think he can control the power so he can control the distance.
That is an interesting point. Say for instance that Kuma wanted to send somebody only 100 meters away. Would that person fly extremely slow for 3 days and 3 nights or 1 day and night even? If Kuma has the power to send people wherever he likes or, for that matter, where they 'need' to be, the supposed fixed timespan his power has makes no sense.

Which makes the theory that Luffy indeed only traveled for 1 day and night a whole lot more likely.
Old 2008-09-17, 04:31   Link #31
Prestige

Holy sh*t I just saw spoiler pictures!

Possibility to Margaret join to crew has rised to 75%

Most of pictures are about Luffy/Margaret interaction and in last pictures he and Margaret are at middle of jungle together probly escaping while that leaderish woman with black pony-tail is extremely angry and seems to be ordering pursuit!

Honestly nothing brings people together than fighting and surviving together! I hope Margaret has something horrible fate stored for her so when Luffy eventually asks her to become his nakama she can't refuse
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 05:36   Link #32
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Holy sh*t I just saw spoiler pictures!

Possibility to Margaret join to crew has rised to 75%

Most of pictures are about Luffy/Margaret interaction and in last pictures he and Margaret are at middle of jungle together probly escaping while that leaderish woman with black pony-tail is extremely angry and seems to be ordering pursuit!

Honestly nothing brings people together than fighting and surviving together! I hope Margaret has something horrible fate stored for her so when Luffy eventually asks her to become his nakama she can't refuse
i just saw them as well..

it seems this island is country of womens with many villages, luffy landed in one of them..
and it seems after he a wake up from sleep, a females warriors came to arrest or kill him, which led to (the lily girl saving him don't know if her name is Margert) then he saved and pulled her away as well...
the picture wasn't clear to see the battle.
it seems that as mentioned before the island is ruled by someone with Black long hair..
which mostly the cause why there have been no man in the island and i think she and her sisters maybe the reason.

anyway it seems that 2 ships coming toward the island with the arrival of luffy, wander wither they belong to the marines or WB.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 05:54   Link #33
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

The thing with female-only Island is that you wonder how they manage to reproduces themselves. Luckily OP can have a simply explanation.
I sense a born born-fruit coming up

As for the ships. It may be a coincidence (unlikely) or the ships saw luffy flying past them and decided to follow him. A more unrealistic explanation is that Kuma told the WG where he sent Luffy.
Old 2008-09-17, 07:40   Link #34
Crimson Reaper

Just to clear up what's going on in the spoiler pics that have come out.
The Amazons have locked Luffy up and are all curious about seeing their first man. Luffy did his eating while sleeping trick.

After he wakes up and Margaret gives him a new vest......with frills on it to make it 'sexy'. Luffy isn't exactly pleased to say the least.

He gets angry which results in the Amazons drawing their bows, which are in fact the snakes themselves. A fight breaks out and Luffy escapes while taking Margaret with him. After Margaret accuses men of having a virus and Luffy dismissing it he asks if she found something from his old pants. She brings out the vivre card she saved because it seemed important and Luffy is very thankful she saved it.

Back with the other Amazons two ships approach and they say the Serpent Princess is returning. They declare they will hunt down and kill Luffy and rescue Margaret.

Oh Luffy, can't stay out of trouble no matter what.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 10:58   Link #35
marvelB

Well, looks like Luffy's being buddy-buddy with Margaret after all, judging from the pics. I'm still hoping that Sweetpea will befriend Luffy, too....

Also, I have the feeling that Hancock is a very strict ruler, judging from the amazon's line about killing Luffy as quickly as possible before she arrives. She and her sisters are probably huge feminists that won't tolerate men setting foot in their ladies-only paradise (she was probably the one who even told the Kuja tribe that all men carry a virus). Oh, and the fact that we see her ship at the end of the chapter should prove once and for all that she's not a recluse, I think.

And I must say, Luffy looks absolutely fabulous in that frilly vest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I wouldn't count on it.
Sir Crocodile has a sand power, Gecko Moria has a shadow power, Monky D Luffy has a rubber power, and King Cobra and Nezumi have none.
(And I think it's safe to say that DoFlamingo and "Hawk-eye" Mihawk doesn't seem to have flamingo or hawk power )
Although she has a title of serpent, the fact that her name has animal theme to it actually gives me the impression she may NOT have zoan power.
But hey, Oda could always break the pattern at any time, you never know. Drake's example comes to mind, for one.

Eh, I was just making assumptions. After all, there's also a good chance that she's not a DF user at all.... she could just be insanely powerful like Whitebeard, Rayleigh or Shanks. I certainly do admit that a powerful woman with no DF ability would be quite awesome....
Old 2008-09-17, 11:19   Link #36
Darmill

The most beautiful woman? Well I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be another Lola

It says in the spoiler that she rules the island with her two sisters. So it's quite possible that she is a Meduza in the One Piece world who is able to turn a man into stone. In Greek Mythology, Meduza also has two gorgon sisters.

A quote from wikipedia:

In a late version of the Medusa myth, related by the Roman poet Ovid (Metamorphoses 4.770), Medusa was originally a beautiful maiden, "the jealous aspiration of many suitors," priestess in Athene's temple, but when she was raped by the "Lord of the Sea" Poseidon in Athena's temple, the enraged goddess transformed her beautiful hair to serpents and she made her face so terrible to behold that the mere sight of it would turn a man to stone.

That would explain why the island is a men-forbidden place.
Darmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 11:34   Link #37
Rainbowman

Quote:
Well, looks like Luffy's being buddy-buddy with Margaret after all, judging from the pics. I'm still hoping that Sweetpea will befriend Luffy, too....

Also, I have the feeling that Hancock is a very strict ruler, judging from the amazon's line about killing Luffy as quickly as possible before she arrives. She and her sisters are probably huge feminists that won't tolerate men setting foot in their ladies-only paradise (she was probably the one who even told the Kuja tribe that all men carry a virus). Oh, and the fact that we see her ship at the end of the chapter should prove once and for all that she's not a recluse, I think.
And I must say, Luffy looks absolutely fabulous in that frilly vest!
Question: Has Luffy regained his consciousness yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

If that's from a colour walk, which colour walk is it from? Is it a new colour walk? Can I see this colour walk cover page?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 12:11   Link #38
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Question: Has Luffy regained his consciousness yet?

Yes, he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
If that's from a colour walk, which colour walk is it from? Is it a new colour walk? Can I see this colour walk cover page?

That picture's from the first Color Walk, if memory serves me right. Yes, that lady certainly could turn out to be Hancock....
Old 2008-09-17, 12:11   Link #39
Crimson Reaper

Hehe I've just read that the Amazons ask Luffy a lot of questions about his 'balls'.
Not surprising I guess, but damn funny!

I think I know the basic plot from this point. Margaret gets to know Luffy when he talks about his crew and his dream. We learn the Princess and/or her sisters have secret motives.

Margaret tries to stand up for Luffy when the other Amazons catch up and they banish her for being 'infected' by Luffy. Now at this point Luffy could get pissed and fight the Princess for the chance to get Margaret back into the Amazons.

Or he could ask her to.....JOIN HIS CREW!!...big shock there. Or Margaret will try and restore her own honour some other way and exposes the secret of the Princess/sisters and either has to travel with Luffy and get the proof or wins a fight to regain her place but since she has her own dream she's kept secret till now decides to join Luffy anyway.

So many possibilities at this early point.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 12:27   Link #40
marvelB

I just saw a translation of the spoiler script that explained how the women from Amazon Lily are born: Basically, some of the women travelled overseas and came back pregnant. However, the babies born are, coincidentally, ONLY female. I'm guessing that any male babies born were secretly disposed of....