AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-17, 20:15   Link #41
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Kick his ass and then tell your parents what's going on. He's on the path to destruction. Anyways, I hope this is just an elaborate troll.
Old 2008-09-17, 20:22   Link #42
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg View Post
Well I don't know maybe I will talk to my parents and let them know
Lulz, that's so boon...

Well if he's doing meth, he's prolly having some out of this world duels...I'm talking 3-headed Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon level duels...You need to pull a Trap-Card out on his a$$...

*Flips over Re-hab Card*

Kaiba: "Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa...."

@Xellos (not to be confused with Xellos-_^) I live on the WestBank in Algiers...Small World...
Old 2008-09-17, 20:29   Link #43
stubby42

If you go behind his back and tell your parents you'll probably make him want to do the drug more, your better off talking to him and voicing your concerns, that and show him the facts about the drug.

If he doesnt listen then its time to consider other options.
Old 2008-09-17, 21:13   Link #44
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Some of the comments are not very just, but I can understand what you mean but we are all different and this is just the way I feel and I really wish I could say I was joking. Either way I told my parents and of course they do not believe me but they will inevitably find out.
Old 2008-09-17, 22:57   Link #45
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

I find my comment offensive but I cant help but say that your parents are WHACKED OUT.
LOL they don't believe you saying that your lil bro used meth, either they're nuts or they dont trust you(or anyone for that matter) concerning the boy in question.
Old 2008-09-17, 23:31   Link #46
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Oh. My. Lord.

He is trying out crystal meth, and all you care about is his YuGiOh addiction? Worse yet, you only really care about getting certain cards back?! I really hope this whole thread is a joke to get a rise outta us.

Seriously, **** the YuGiOh 'problem'. Do you have any idea how bad meth is for a person, and how fast it can degrade a person's health if they become addicted? Stop worrying about the YuGiOh thing, and do all that you can to help with his dabbling in crystal meth. Seriously, before that becomes a major problem.
After reading all the posts here, I have the same opinion as Urzu 7.

@mxg

Drug problem is serious business, if you leave it alone you'll find out the hard way that your brother trying out meth is something worse than losing a rare Yugi-oh card.

And if your parents won't listen/won't care even after you've told them your brother is using meth... they're just...

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-09-17 at 23:50.
Old 2008-09-17, 23:32   Link #47
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

First, do you know for sure it was meth?

Secondly...maybe you'd be more concerned if you knew more about the drug. If you don't know anything about the drug, go research it online and find comparison shots of people on meth (before and after, shows them over time with meth). I said it degrades people's health. I'm talking about looking haggard, loosing teeth, loosing hair, getting rashes on their skin, and other problems.

If you don't know what the drug is, it is basically processed household chemicals. I'm talking about scumbags taking bleach, ammonia, nasal decongestant, and other chemicals and drugs and making a crystal form out of it to be smoked. They do this in shacks with gas funnels and buckets and such. If you don't know anything about the drug, it is very addictive, degrades ones health severely and rapidly, and can be lethal; people can OD on it. If he is trying meth - if this is the case - he could get in a very serious drug problem, leading to his life spiraling out of control, and it would be bad for your parents, and it would be bad for you.

The point is, if the case is he is trying meth, this is something to take seriously; absolutely, 100%. If you don't know what you can do, some how get your parents to know this is happening.

Some comparison shots, showing the time frame between the two mug shots:

1 year time frame

http://www.drugfree.org/portal/drugi...s/photo_6.html

2 years and 5 months

http://www.drugfree.org/portal/drugi...s/photo_7.html

1 year and 5 months

http://www.drugfree.org/portal/drugi...s/photo_4.html

3 months

http://www.drugfree.org/portal/drugi.../photo_12.html

If some of them look like crap in the before pics, remember these are mug shots. It means they have been doing meth for awhile.

It eats away at teeth, too.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...art/bodyp0.jpg

Links to where I got those URLs:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/body/

http://www.drugfree.org/portal/drugi...s/photo_8.html

Taken from the first website:

Quote:
What makes methamphetamine such an attractive high? Meth users report that after taking the drug they experience a sudden "rush" of pleasure or a prolonged sense of euphoria, as well as increased energy, focus, confidence, sexual prowess and feelings of desirability. However, after that first try, users require more and more of the drug to get that feeling again, and maintain it. With repeated use, methamphetamine exacts a toll on the mind and body, robbing users of their physical health and cognitive abilities, their libido and good looks, and their ability to experience pleasure. Here's how the body reacts to meth and the consequences of long-term abuse.
Quote:
Meth and the Brain

* Meth releases a surge of dopamine, causing an intense rush of pleasure or prolonged sense of euphoria.
* Over time, meth destroys dopamine receptors, making it impossible to feel pleasure.

* Although these pleasure centers can heal over time, research suggests that damage to users' cognitive abilities may be permanent.
* Chronic abuse can lead to psychotic behavior, including paranoia, insomnia, anxiety, extreme aggression, delusions and hallucinations, and even death.Visible Signs

* Meth abuse causes the destruction of tissues and blood vessels, inhibiting the body's ability to repair itself.
* Acne appears, sores take longer to heal, and the skin loses its luster and elasticity, making the user appear years, even decades older.

* Poor diet, tooth grinding and oral hygiene results in tooth decay and loss.
Quote:
Meth's Other Effects on the Body

* Increased heart rate
* Disorganized lifestyle
* Lowered resistance to illness
* Liver damage
* Convulsions
* Extreme rise in body temperature, which can cause brain damage
* Stroke
* Death

If this is for real and you aren't too concerned; you should be, and should do some research on this stuff.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2008-09-17 at 23:47.
Old 2008-09-17, 23:51   Link #48
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I know this is off-topic, but I think it's worth mentioning that in Vice-Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin's hometown of Wasilla (while she was mayor) there were 42 meth-labs on record...Now that's alot meth and alot of bad living in Alaska if that's all you can do to escape what must feel like a trapped life..

On-topic, I'm laffing so hard while reading this thread I'm feeling physically ill...How a thread labeled "Why do kids like Yugi?" turns into a serious meth-discussion is the perfect storm of a boring life...Yeah I'm here too^^...
Old 2008-09-17, 23:54   Link #49
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I know this is off-topic, but I think it's worth mentioning that in Vice-Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin's hometown of Wasilla (while she was mayor) there were 42 meth-labs on record...Now that's alot meth and alot bad living in Alaska if that's all you can do to escape what must feel like a trapped life..

On-topic, I'm laffing so hard while reading this thread I'm feeling physically ill...How a thread labeled "Why do kids like Yugi?" turns into a serious meth-discussion is the perfect storm of a boring life...Yeah I'm here too^^...

It's almost funny in a dark humor sort of way that this thread started in such a way and a real problem, the meth use, was just casually presented. x_x
Old 2008-09-18, 00:51   Link #50
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Plaing the game is not the problem, I still have cards and Like to collect them (of course, not as obsesed as some years ago when I expended all my money buing cards )

The problem is... he's 16 and CRIES for the game?!!!

Man, you really have a situation in your hands, my advice is: Leave him, soon or late he will pay the concecuences for his "little kid" actitude and then, he will understood

Although, if you care about your brother (wich I hope) Speak with him SERIUSLY

And forget about the card, is just a pice of paper XP
Old 2008-09-18, 02:01   Link #51
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Perhaps because using meth while playing Yugi-oh makes someone a better player?

- sorry that was a bad joke

Actually, I looked at this thread to offer advice on how not to become too addicted to card game. Being a TCG player/collector myself, I know how good it feels to collect cards and play with friends. Was surpised that the problem wasn't the card game alone but also the use of dangerous drug (meth).

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-09-18 at 18:16.
Old 2008-09-18, 03:13   Link #52
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
It's almost funny in a dark humor sort of way that this thread started in such a way and a real problem, the meth use, was just casually presented. x_x
so true and the fact that there are still people who oversee the meth part
thanks for posting the info etc. up saved me time to do it
Old 2008-09-18, 20:10   Link #53
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
so true and the fact that there are still people who oversee the meth part
thanks for posting the info etc. up saved me time to do it
No problem.

And yes, people are still overlooking the real problem that was mentioned. Such as:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=50

You only read the first few posts of the thread, huh?
Old 2008-09-18, 20:18   Link #54
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg View Post
I have a little brother and he is obsessed with this card game. I tried making him come out of it but he will refuse and has a tantrum over it. He causes problems with our family. What do I do ?
beat him till he snaps out of it....what hes doing sounds like social suicide, get him a normal hobby lol
Old 2008-09-18, 22:20   Link #55
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

^^^^

And so it continues...
Old 2008-09-18, 22:43   Link #56
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

*facepalm*

I suggest you talk to your brother about that blue eyes meth-addicted dragon card of yours. Your deck wont be as powerful without it
Old 2008-09-18, 23:16   Link #57
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

At the least, as far as we can tell, his brother might not be addicted to the drug. That'd be good. But action should be taken to prevent him from developing an addiction. If he tries it a couple more times, he might become hooked.
Old 2008-09-18, 23:17   Link #58
FateAnomaly

Well if he is obsessed with Yugioh then he wouldn't have time for meth. If he is addicted to meth then he wouldn't be interested in Yugioh. Either way you have 1 less problem.
Old 2008-09-19, 08:51   Link #59
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
At the least, as far as we can tell, his brother might not be addicted to the drug. That'd be good. But action should be taken to prevent him from developing an addiction. If he tries it a couple more times, he might become hooked.
dont people get like a info speeuch from adults on drugs and alcohol at school?
I remember we only had a short lecture about drugs in general, I had biology as an extra subject later on and we went deeper into the subject, most other info I learned from TV and websites posted, but doesnt anyone lecture at school about the meth problem? I find it strange that people are even doing meth and have no clue on what it does to you

ooh and if he tried out meth for one time then have a serious chat with him, brother to brother, show him the website and the pics of the users that scared the shit outha me when I first saw it
read up the subject so you can answer any questions and if he waves it off like a "I was just trying it out and wont ever use it again" then find a way to show this to him because it is important, human psychology when people wave it away like they just dont care they might be lying and might even use it again before getting addicted if you care for your bro then you will have this talk with him, everyone should know the hazards of drugs they arent to be taken lightly, specially things as cocaine, meth and extacy
in a worst case if he is already hooked take him to a clinic to see what happens to such a person, there are people who can help you out and facing the truth can be a big shocker to him that might make him realise that what he is doing might/will end up killing him, he might not think that he'll end up like 'those' people but I dont even think he knows hwo those people live, let him face reality and if he then does agree with quiting you might as well send him to rehab and make sure he doesnt hang with those friends who use meth, they always say yes to the offer but as soon as something need to happen their for losing their 'precious' drugs takes over and they will do anything to get out of the situation
Old 2008-09-19, 09:06   Link #60
AceD
See You En' Tee

about the meth thing

youve seen him doing it once with his friends...hmm if this really such a problem that requires going to the parents to grass him up?

when i was 15 - 18 most people in the area i live drank every fri/sat and tryed some drugs, i never grow up addicted to anything....its just the nature of youth to try things isnt it? i suspect some of the people here are ''geeks'' and the advice there given is to far -_- ( no offense!)

far as i know, meth isnt something you get addicted to easily ( unlike smack or summin), if hes taken it say once a week...he'd prolly have some kind of mild insomnia for a night...hardly an addict

i see the cards as a bigger problem lol, social status means alot, effects you through school, collage, and will prolly have an effect on your future life and how emo you are