AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 15:14   Link #81
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
We don't know that yet =D
True, we don't. In fact, there's more proof at this point to indicate that Stark is actually Number One. Followed by Halibel. Lol. That's cool, cos everyone say's Stark is just like me...I don't believe it, but they say he acts exactly like me...I'm not THAT lazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
I think Aizen is the best villan I've seen since Vomorav(fft) or Kefka(ff6). Both were crazy back stabbing killers, thou Kefka was funny about it. I like villans who aren't like Sehpiroth. I don't want some uber powered guy to just stand up and beat down the hero till he's strong enough. Ruthlessness seems much more harsh when it's backed by proper cunning. If you can get people to kill themselves why do it yourself? How many people has Aizen acutally fought himself? If on top of that, if he's acutally powerful than cool. If the only reason he's strong is thru manipulation and stealing the power of others then even cooler. I mean his bankai sets the tone for his character off the bat. I'm surprised that the Hollows are following his lead. Especially if the first is so much more powerful than everyone else. I would just take for myself if it were to escalate this far.
Ummm...we've never seen Aizen's Bankai...Just Shikai...

Don't start getting ahead of the Author... And Sephiroth type villains are the greatest!!

Byakuya would have made a fine, upstanding, role-model villain. But he's a great Soul Soc. plus, too. So...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 15:20   Link #82
Langus
Optimus Prime

Oh lord... the Yum/Ika shippers are going to LOVE this chapter.

Poor guy though. He should've taken that 3rd or 4th seat position. Maybe then they wouldn't have pwn'd his ass so bad. No love for the Yumi... No respect at all.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:36   Link #83
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuken View Post
lol forgotten...
Maybe I wonder wants going on in your heads, questioning and criticizing kubo tite and the bleach storyline
don't watch/read it when you don't like it... it won't change =P
it is all about strong opposing characters and fighting, most of the time... it's a shonen manga =o
It's just frustrating to see Renji with a bankai but yet unable to make good use of it, every enemy makes fun of him, where's the point in that? You can't use him for your "it is all about strong opposing characters and fighting, most of the time... it's a shonen manga =o"-part anymore, just in case this is all bleach is about.

btw, isn't it funny how Barragan went from "I send my dragons to crush those ants" to "meh 1 pillar down.." I can't wait for Halibel's next comment

and yeah, I don't think Komamura needs his bankai, but perhaps he is furious enough to go all out.. note: he is not gentle like Touse hrhr

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2008-09-19 at 18:44.
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 18:02   Link #84
Jays

It's game over for our friend next chapter when Koma Koma goes Bankai and teach us the new meaning of "OMG H4X!!!".

Seriously, it's almos too easy how Kubo is setting up these guys like pylons just so that the shinigami can tear them a new asshole. For the most part I was disappointed to see Koma Koma being used on a cannon fodder. But then again he'll just up like all those other three, being taught a lesson through ownage, only this time it's hella huge.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 18:35   Link #85
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Anyone think that Komamura might own this guy with just Shikai? It's poasible and all. Unlikely, but possible. He's a Captain, and a 5th seat(who's Lt level) beat one of these guys with a Shikai.

Bankai would be a lot cooler though.
Old 2008-09-19, 18:56   Link #86
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Less fighting! More drama and plot development, I swear with Bleach it is just one brawl after another, it has lost it's drama, I mean SSBB had much more of a story line

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 19:24   Link #87
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Less fighting! More drama and plot development, I swear with Bleach it is just one brawl after another, it has lost it's drama, I mean SSBB had much more of a story line
Quoted for truth, son. Quoted for truth.

Fighting isn't everything, even in a fighting anime.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:40   Link #88
Hiking_Bear

Captain Komamura is so cute. I want to pet him and give him a biscuit or a nice rawhide bone to chew on.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 22:49   Link #89
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Equal to Rukia? Um Rukia doesn't have Bankai, there for Renji > Rukia

also Bayakuya doesn't look down at him, remember what he said? "That time... your fang reached me" or somethin like that.
back when Rukia was adopted... thats how Renji feels he needs to be equal to her...Byakuya said it during their fight that the difference between him and renji is CLASS. something Rukia gained when she became a kuchiki...plain and simple is u ask me. and Rukia doesn't have bankai, but renji sucks at kidou... and u forget lol he's renji.. he always loses...

and Byakuya had no right to talk that fight lol, that ur fang reached me means Renji was getting better and Byakuya accepted him,. but i dont think as an equal.. jsut a subordinate that he can count on... and that has proved to get better... but i mean we cant trust byakuya anymore.. "You wont get me on one knee renji", 5 minutes later he's on one knee, cuz he slipped from shock of the bankai coming from the ground...
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 00:08   Link #90
ruote

I'm starting to hate Ikkaku, he's so full of himself, and selfish.
That fraccion was funny though... 'not bad shinigami... or are you a dog?" pftt
ruote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 00:46   Link #91
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i always have more respect for ikkaku than renji, cuz he is the gar character in bleach, even ichigo looks like a girl in front of him .
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 02:19   Link #92
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Gah, the fraccion turning huge is just walking right into death by Koma's shikai or bankai.
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 05:03   Link #93
Bokkin

Didn't steal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post

But Aizen didn't steal Urahara's Research: Urahara left his research behind. It wasn't actually wrong for Aizen to use the research.
Ummm, wrong. Urahara hid the hoguyoku in Rukia for safe keeping and Aizen stole it to create his arrancar. Even if it was just Urahara leaving it behind its still Aizen's fault because he forced Urahara to leave by framing him for the hollowfication experiments. Either way Aizen's actions put the hoguyoku and related research in his hands. Framing is wrong and then making them go into hiding and using their work for personal gain is wrong too. Either way Aizen's a douche I can't wait for him to die.
Bokkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 05:12   Link #94
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Aizen's too cocky as a "man behind the curtain" kind of person; I wanna see him get pushed into an actual fight from someone like Yamamoto or Shinji...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 06:41   Link #95
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Aizen's too cocky as a "man behind the curtain" kind of person; I wanna see him get pushed into an actual fight from someone like Yamamoto or Shinji...
But that's why he's so annoying, he plans everything so he doesn't get pushed straight into that actual fight.
He let's others do that for him.
Old 2008-09-20, 10:06   Link #96
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

If anyone should fight aizen i want it to be yama they just seem alike in a way

off topic did anyone else notice that Barragan looks exactly like one of the central 46 member right down to his eye i just happened to notice that
Old 2008-09-20, 11:00   Link #97
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
The only people Aizen has really fought against have been easily overcome because they're n00bs to the timeline of the Soul Society (Hitsugaya, Komamura, Renji, and Ichigo); Someone like Yamamoto who has centuries of shinigami experience over Aizen would probably be better fit as Aizen's end...

Or if you want to get poetic, Aizen's former Captain-now-Vizard Shinji would be a great act of retribution; Aizen turned Shinji into a half-hollow and now Shinji will use his Vizard powers to take Aizen down in a " *Mask on* Remember me?" reunion to the death...

Anyway, with this chapter, all I hear is "Komamura got pwnt; Kicked and banned, worthless!", but there's probably a formulaic reason why Komamura would come in at this point in the first place...He wouldn't jump onto the scene, get his ass kicked, and just disappear like that...It seems like the fights are fought based on similar strengths, so it would be fitting for Po, who's power seems to enlarge himself to great proportions (As if he already isn't at a great proportion), would go up against Komamura, whose zanpakuto can pretty much do the same thing for him...

Besides, Komamura needs some spotlight time...His fight with Kenpachi got interrupted, and he gets #90'd pretty pathetically by Aizen; He needs something good to add to his resume...And I don't think he needs bankai to do it, like some people are thinking he'll do; His shikai creates over-sized body parts where his bankai just creates a full-bodied giant of his shikai...If Komamura can force a great punch on Po with just his bare fist, then surely he can own ass with just shikai...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 11:08   Link #98
BleachOD
Banned

Random: Does this look sort of er...
Spoiler for 326 Eh?:

Last edited by BleachOD; 2008-09-23 at 10:10.
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 11:15   Link #99
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Random: Does this look sort of er...
Spoiler for 326 Eh?:
LOL! Funny thing is it got bigger and stronger! Sexual Innuedo is funny

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 14:27   Link #100
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
It's just frustrating to see Renji with a bankai but yet unable to make good use of it, every enemy makes fun of him, where's the point in that? You can't use him for your "it is all about strong opposing characters and fighting, most of the time... it's a shonen manga =o"-part anymore, just in case this is all bleach is about.

btw, isn't it funny how Barragan went from "I send my dragons to crush those ants" to "meh 1 pillar down.." I can't wait for Halibel's next comment

and yeah, I don't think Komamura needs his bankai, but perhaps he is furious enough to go all out.. note: he is not gentle like Touse hrhr

On that note, I can recall something a friend of mine said about bleach and renji.
He said that he personally like renji the most because he has a good character and spirit, he develops strength but yet fails and loses. In that way he is a very honest and believable character... as in reality we all DO fail and face difficult conflicts

Also... his teamwork with Ishida against Syazel, blowing himself up... I find it really awesome
As ishida stated: you can only perform this ("Sprenger") if you got someone you can rely on. And thats what renji is.

So a character has not to "win", as long as he has the spirit.

Quote: "In great attempts it is glorious even to fail."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Quoted for truth, son. Quoted for truth.

Fighting isn't everything, even in a fighting anime.
But at the moment, we are pretty much on WAR, so... =P
just for the moment it may continue
Ryuuken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion