AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-09-17, 16:47   Link #41
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I rather think that Raikage will take his brother back. The "8" has not yet been extracted. Wasn't Cloud the home of Kakuzu and he was abandoned for failing to kill the 1st Hokage etc. bla bla?
It does at least mean that Raikage is stronger than Kakuzu and that Cloud has shinobi of high level, skilled shinobi.

Besides, to me it seems more and more as if it was the most stupid thing for Konoha to kill the Uchiha clan. The amount of strong nins is fading in Konoha... The Sand might have as many strong shinobi as Konoha and the sand has a much smaller number of shinobi at all.

Look at foolish nobodies like Iruka. They should quit the life of a shinobi. Seriously, even Konohamaru could defeat Iruka by now, he is totally weak. He had to be saved by Naruto in one of the first episodes and before he even became Genin. This is a good example for Konoha's weakness.

Konoha compared with other shinobi countries resembles a holiday resort or a theme park.
Kakuzu hailed from the village hidden in the waterfall, also there is no evidence that the Raikage is stronger than Kakuzu but it is very likely that Cloud has high level skilled shinobi cos even the Raikage was stronger than Nibi and she was a jinchuuriki but with Hachibi and Nibi defeated and if Hachibi gets extracted then they have lost one of their main military forces. Also I agree with the Konoha thing, even a chuunin was so stupid he had to send a academy failure to get the scroll instead of going himself anyway Iruka can be defeated with Oiroke also does Konohamaru have any useful attacks I'm sure Asuma and Hiruzen must have left him something like the Sarutobi Clan secrets etc...

Konoha seems to be the most carefree and most dangerous country there is cos they are targeted by almost everyone

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 16:54   Link #42
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I rather think that Raikage will take his brother back. The "8" has not yet been extracted. Wasn't Cloud the home of Kakuzu and he was abandoned for failing to kill the 1st Hokage etc. bla bla?
It does at least mean that Raikage is stronger than Kakuzu and that Cloud has shinobi of high level, skilled shinobi.

Besides, to me it seems more and more as if it was the most stupid thing for Konoha to kill the Uchiha clan. The amount of strong nins is fading in Konoha... The Sand might have as many strong shinobi as Konoha and the sand has a much smaller number of shinobi at all.

Look at foolish nobodies like Iruka. They should quit the life of a shinobi. Seriously, even Konohamaru could defeat Iruka by now, he is totally weak. He had to be saved by Naruto in one of the first episodes and before he even became Genin. This is a good example for Konoha's weakness.

Konoha compared with other shinobi countries resembles a holiday resort or a theme park.
Takigakure was the home of Kakuzu, but there was a ninja from Kumogakure who's mission was to abduct Hinata of the Hyuga clan some time ago (his name escapes me ).
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 17:08   Link #43
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Well actually if you guys go back and read chp 386, itachi makes a remark about madara gaining some new technique from the EMS. In fact, he says its equally as important as the fact that madara's MS will never go black, yet it sort of innocuosly enough slipped all of our notices.

Page 9, chapter 386, the panel with madara's closeup while wearing a hood.

It may be related to sasuke's new technique, who knows. I will say this, Sasuke used his MS something like 4x in less than a day and he's definitely feeling the effects very quickly.
Old 2008-09-17, 17:10   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
I rather think that Raikage will take his brother back. The "8" has not yet been extracted.
Wouldn't that make Sasuke's fight the epitome of pointless. We are shown a large over-the-top fight between Sasuke and HJ, which leads to HJ's defeat and a "new power" for Sasuke, only for HJ to be rescued and need to be recaptured. What was the point of seeing anything then, what was the point of anything, period . It would be a great disservice to the story to have Sasuke's "prey" be recaptured, especially if Kishimoto is only doing it to keep Sasuke's hands clean, yet again.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 17:13   Link #45
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Kakuzu hailed from the village hidden in the waterfall, also there is no evidence that the Raikage is stronger than Kakuzu but it is very likely that Cloud has high level skilled shinobi cos even the Raikage was stronger than Nibi and she was a jinchuuriki but with Hachibi and Nibi defeated and if Hachibi gets extracted then they have lost one of their main military forces. Also I agree with the Konoha thing, even a chuunin was so stupid he had to send a academy failure to get the scroll instead of going himself anyway Iruka can be defeated with Oiroke also does Konohamaru have any useful attacks I'm sure Asuma and Hiruzen must have left him something like the Sarutobi Clan secrets etc...

Konoha seems to be the most carefree and most dangerous country there is cos they are targeted by almost everyone
Ah, thanks, I forgot. Okay, so I quit this one. Hidden waterfall? Wasn't that the ultra-weak country from the cheap Naruto whatever movie with the water of the source and all that crap? I can't believe a serious killer like Kakuzu came from that small and meaningless village. Bah Shibuki that weakling!

Okay, that leaves the rest open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Wouldn't that make Sasuke's fight the epitome of pointless. We are shown a large over-the-top fight between Sasuke and HJ, which leads to HJ's defeat and a "new power" for Sasuke, only for HJ to be rescued and need to be recaptured. What was the point of seeing anything then, what was the point of anything, period . It would be a great disservice to the story to have Sasuke's "prey" be recaptured, especially if Kishimoto is only doing it to keep Sasuke's hands clean, yet again.
Yes, it would make the fight pointless, but don't you think it was pointless anyways? Hello, Sasuke would be dead but he was saved by all his team members and hello, he finished that powerful enemy with just one move. This is meaningless in every possible way. I get the f***ing brain cancer from that!
Nothing about this fight was over the top but the muscle play. Everybody has been flexing around and that's it. In the end, one shot made it. It was a disserve to make the fight end like that. Sasuke should have retreated without his prey, desparately taking his brothers eyes, returning with the ultimate sharingan technique.
I can't stand that revengeful Emosuke. It's a manga. We can't foresee how great Kishimoto's idea is. At the moment, the story crawls down the floor with thirteen daggers in its back and I have no sharingan to see it actually improve. I am reading the manga for nothing but hope and no other reason. I get disappointed every f***ing week.

Shame on you, Kishimoto, you have destroyed what Naruto has been years ago! Naruto Shippuuden is like Dragonball GT - senseless!

Yes, seriously! What does he want to show us!? Characters get introduced for five chapters to play their role as victims. Those are actually meaningless to me. It's like the child that dies of aids and hunger right now. It will never return again and the story itself should be sad and moving, but sorry, I am here, half an earth away from a human corpse I have no link to. I can't even understand what this death means, same goes for different characters being killed in Naruto. Yes, Sarutobi Asuma's death was quite moving, but there are serveral other people who's death makes no sense. We don't have to know because we simply don't care. Maybe my example can be taken wrong, but I just wanted to point out that it actually is important because I think every death is important but this is a manga and no real world and in a manga, which is one kind of a way to tell a story, a death has to be moving, otherwhise you can simply spare it. It's useless to let people die because you just picked your nose and thought it's time for another death.

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2008-09-17 at 17:27. Reason: additionals
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 17:28   Link #46
james0246

^ The fact that Sasuke did receive a new power, as well as rekindled some sort of connection to other human beings (addmittedly, he could be replacing his past with his present - replacing Team 7 with Taka, so any thoughts of reconnecting with Konoha become a moot point), made the fight worthwhile, at least from a plot and story perspective. But, if HJ is immediately retaken, then the fight truly becomes pointless and a waste of the past 8 or so chapters (or at least Sasuke's roll in the past 8 or so chapters).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 17:30   Link #47
Ero-Senn1n

Based on the data book it may be that the "new power" is actually the 3rd MS jutsu, IF Sasuke mastered both Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu then according to the data book the 3rd MS jutsu is unlocked. Itachi said that these 3 MS jutsu were born in his eyes on that "fateful day", in my interpretation this can mean that Itachi being an extraordinary genius could master both tsukiyomi and amaterasu at the first time he used them, so he was granted the final MS jutsu on the same day. While Sasuke being less of a genius needed some time to master MS. It would be fitting that against a kage and his best ninja Sasuke is forced to use the "raging god of war" (if i remember correctly the name of the 3rd MS jutsu). That would also drive the plot further by deteriorating Sasuke's eyesight.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 17:37   Link #48
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
^ The fact that Sasuke did receive a new power, as well as rekindled some sort of connection to other human beings (addmittedly, he could be replacing his past with his present - replacing Team 7 with Taka, so any thoughts of reconnecting with Konoha become a moot point), made the fight worthwhile, at least from a plot and story perspective. But, if HJ is immediately retaken, then the fight truly becomes pointless and a waste of the past 8 or so chapters (or at least Sasuke's roll in the past 8 or so chapters).
Sasuke has no roll in the last few chapters, Sasuke is the snowball of the last years and now he's round and big and I hoped for the summer to melt him away but I was disappointed again and now comes another winter and he'll keep on growing.

I am not against Sasuke, I am just bored of Sasuke. Sasuke is gifted and as Jiraiya said once, this makes it boring. Maybe I am too similar to Jiraiya. I see all the people who had an easy life up to now and they are all boring and uninteresting. I had a hard life, but I am truly strong, a genious of hard work. I am beating all those easy-go-lucky fools single handedly and they are just no match to me. I can make brilliant designs in half the time. I can create two brilliant company logos in one day. I am full of ideas and that's because I am not a flathead who had an easy life. They will never be able to think the way I think. They can not follow my thoughts because they lack experience and yes, maybe they also lack hatred and the strength given by it. But if you overcome your hatred and misery and you get out of the swamp, then you are truly strong. The struggle for life makes you stronger and yes, also faster and in any way better and more sensational. People who lack bad experiences are just inferior and incomplete and all that makes them ... common.
Old 2008-09-17, 17:45   Link #49
Ryuujin

Quote:
Also their security sucks.

Quote:
What was the point of seeing anything then, what was the point of anything, period .
It's not like there's even a point to the beast-capturing anymore (I'm not sure there ever was in the first place. What a shitty way to answer the question "what about all the other tailed beasts?")...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 17:48   Link #50
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post

It's not like there's even a point to the beast-capturing anymore (I'm not sure there ever was in the first place. What a shitty way to answer the question "what about all the other tailed beasts?")...
Guess Naruto will be captured next, dying just like Jiraiya. He will say something like: "I failed becoming Hokage, I could not revenge my teacher, I could not save my friend, Sakura always turned me down, ...

Naruto ends with chapter 500 after we've seen Sasuke develop until 494.
Old 2008-09-17, 17:49   Link #51
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Sasuke's story here is important? I'm no Sasuke lover, but I think Kishimoto is setting us up for something. He wants Sasuke to be a sympathetic character
He failed. Big time.

EDIT:

Quote:
Then he's failing, HARD.
Lol, I swear to God hadn't seen your post. Great minds think alike, I supose.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 17:57   Link #52
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Delete this please.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 18:04   Link #53
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
True...somehow an academy failure stole a heavily guarded scroll and 2 gatekeepers saw two mysterious people and one of them had a giant sword and probably wasnt from the village, what do they do? Absolutely nothing! This is how I see the security:

Ninja 1: Is that Naruto? What is he doing in the top secret safe where they keep the forbidden jutsus!
Ninja 2: I dunno, should we capture him?
Ninja 1: Nah, it's just Naruto he can't do anything that will endanger this village and it's not like some random guy is manipulating him
Ninja 2: But now he is stealing a scroll
Ninja 1: He probably just needs new wallpaper!

They are so stupid! Anyone can slip through their defence! Even an overgrown giant can sneak into their top secret areas! Konoha has shown to suck so much when it comes to security I mean who let's a suspicious Kage who they think is Orochimaru sit right next to your Kage and let him just sit there totally ready to kill you in a second?! It is the 3rd's fault he died and the war happened he could of ended it the moment he suspected Suna but noooo he had to wait for Oro to attack his village....the retard....

And don't get me started on how you let a the last survivor of the Uchiha clan who got the cursed seal from Oro, lusts for power, hates his brother, obsessed with revenge and will do anything to get power and was just told by Oro that he should come find him if he wants power walk around like he is a normal citizen, I would have put at least 5 ANBU following him. And now because of them letting him run free he just captured Killer Bee and is going to start a war....once again Konoha is retarded...

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 18:28   Link #54
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Personally, if deidara were to sneak in, he could wipe out the whole village before anyone could even blink. Their security does suck majorly, but you know, assuming that only one new chapter is being released per week, Naruto has been running for 8 years now. I mean, if you go back to the first chapter and realize there were characters such as these guy's under the Hokage's trust (guys who couldn't find their way out of a paper bag), you can tell that it took kishi a little while to finally figure out what he wanted to do with the story

Nowadays had that happened, Kishi would probably just have ANBU nins go out or something.
Old 2008-09-17, 20:36   Link #55
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe
Gaara coming back? Isn't Madara the Mizukage? Maybe this is why Kishi is holding off on Pein. All heck is going to break loose.
Gaara is coming back ?! Gaara Gaara Gaara *-*
I can't wait to see him. I wonder what he's going to be wearing

Spoiler for raving Gaara's name. Don't look I was just excited:

Ugh Raikage design is painfully bland. He's going to get murdered for sure
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 21:11   Link #56
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Roflmao sending a letter to Konoha? Knowing Konoha they'll probably be like:

Tsunade: The clouds have found Sasuke!!!! We must enter their country and capture Sasuke! If the clouds get in your way then kill them.
Naruto:Sasuke........
Sakura:Sasuke........
Kakashi: -_-....
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 21:50   Link #57
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Mark my words. Giga Fuuton Rasengan is coming
What Kishimoto is doing is setting up Sasuke as a clear ennemy of Konoha, as an even stronger motivation for Naruto to become stonger (and probably save him, care to bet the news that the Cloud village is hunting Sasuke down will boost Naruto's focus for his current training?) and ultimately set up the fight between them where we will witness with horror Sasuke shouting about Naruto having no idea blahblahblah and Naruto responding with friendship yaddayaddayadda change Konoha blahblahblah ultimate jutsu clash crack boom bang.

Oh yeah and it seems you were right james, there is more to Sasuke putting Amaterasu out than merely putting down the flames. Maybe that will explain how Karin and KillerBee survived.
nah, w/e it is its going to have to take out all six pein bodies at once. near his death he's going to bust it out or something after a long gruel battle and the jutsu will likely kill him...but he will be revived or will just come back to life after a flash back....naruto wakes up " naruto, you did it naruto" ect.....ect.....and ect

Quote:
Guess Naruto will be captured next, dying just like Jiraiya. He will say something like: "I failed becoming Hokage, I could not revenge my teacher, I could not save my friend, Sakura always turned me down, ...

Naruto ends with chapter 500 after we've seen Sasuke develop until 494.

nah kishi is setting this group up as the group that breaks the constant repetition that has happened...sasukes not going to really destroy the village and naruto is going to save him unlike oro tsunade and jiraya's situation, unlike the first second and madara's situation.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...tMayhemFilmInc

All dreams are in the wills need to succeed and the minds desire to flourish.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 22:22   Link #58
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
True...somehow an academy failure stole a heavily guarded scroll and 2 gatekeepers saw two mysterious people and one of them had a giant sword and probably wasnt from the village, what do they do? Absolutely nothing!
I think Izumo and Kotetsu spend more time staring into each other's eyes than watching that gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rave View Post
Gaara is coming back ?! Gaara Gaara Gaara *-*
I can't wait to see him. I wonder what he's going to be wearing
Hopefully it will be something epic and sexy. He won't be outdone by that ugly Raikage.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 23:08   Link #59
Gamma_Sennin

if all the kages are at this meeting... then pain is on his way to konoha and they have no tsunade... kishi doesnt want her dead yet.. so he organized a convenient meeting... ive always been a believer that she wont die until naruto is ready to become hokage... so on the positive side we might see pain vs kakashi... or maybe some of the other rookie 9 who have been lost in the sasuke shippuuden.. and i know most ppl are thinking none of them can match pain.. but guess what he will die.. because hes a bad boy.. a rather cool interesting bad boy.. but a bad one at that.. so hes toast.. most likely by a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Giga Fuuton Rasengan
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 23:15   Link #60
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

I'll give props to Kishi for finally exploring the potential of other ninja villages to the story. However, if it's just some lame attempt to give Sasuke some more "powerful" opponents to pwn, I'll just have to quit this manga for a while. Not that I am a Sasuke hater or anything (actually I am after all of this) but just that the story has gotten so stagnant that it's not even readable anymore.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote