AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-18, 22:22   Link #301
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlumina View Post
...Maybe Alto in spirit will communicate with Ranka,,,,
Maybe being dead would fix his disposition?
Old 2008-09-18, 22:22   Link #302
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
EDITx2: and lawl, I just noticed I've been getting Negative reps. Usually don't check the Control Panel.
I disabled my reputation long time ago just to rob certain people of the satisfaction of giving me negative reputation. Some people just neg rep if you have conflicting opionions. It is like the people that give episodes a score of 1 when it goes again their pairing.
Old 2008-09-18, 22:23   Link #303
Key Board
Donut

Now that I think of it,

are we sure Ransha Mei is dead?

what happens to a person that has been completely overtaken by V infection?

IIRC, Ranka saw her image while within the Vajraship

perhaps Sheryl's final mutation is to become some kind of Vajranet virus?
Old 2008-09-18, 22:26   Link #304
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I disabled my reputation long time ago just to rob certain people of the satisfaction of giving me negative reputation. Some people just neg rep if you have conflicting opionions. It is like the people that give episodes a score of 1 when it goes again their pairing.
I thought even if you turned the rep off you can get reps from people (it'll still show up when you go to the User CP). The only difference is your rep box is blacked out instead of green or red.

But yeah, I've had some people neg rep me in the code geass forum over romance stuff there. It's very lame. I only mentioned that I thought one particular couple very unlikely. *shrugs*
Old 2008-09-18, 22:31   Link #305
Wesley84

I routinely get neg reps. I suspect the only way to get a positive rep on animesuki is to viciously and publicly attack trolls. That or appeal to certain demographics with fanservice in the form of links and pics.
Old 2008-09-18, 22:35   Link #306
wolfboy
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Yeah but I kinda like the negative rep It'd be sweet if it actually showed the rows of rep and color underneath your name.
Old 2008-09-18, 22:42   Link #307
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Don't you think it's just a huge cliche that she has to "snap" out of anything at all? Yeah, she'll probably come around somehow, but it's still essentionally having to be rescued again. She came to the Vajra homeworld for a purpose, and she's not even going to get a chance to try to fullfill it. She got to sing "Aimo" once, and stopped the sentries for a little bit, before things went awry, and then she got kidnapped again, and now Grace is just blantantly using her somehow.

Ranka was supposed to get something out of this, but she ended up just being a tool and damsel in distress one last time.

Even the Vajra aren't allowed to have a proper goal or motiviation in the final episodes. It's all Grace's meddling.
Exactly, its all Grace's doing. Ranka is dealing with Grace here. She's like the epitome of evil. Ranka played right into Grace's hands, its cliche but its also realistic. You really didnt expect her to pawn Grace so easily did you?

Atleast her decision to come to Vajraland was all her. I just have this feeling that its going to be ranka who eventually pawns Grace, not brera or alto or Ozma, impossible as it may seem. She'll get her chance to shine in the finale. She'll achieve her purpose in the end, with the vajra's help & bring peace to vajra & humanity. While she's at it, hopefully she'll also somehow manage to cure Sheryl as well Then she'll have become everyone's saviour again, even the Sheryl fans will have something to feel grateful to her for.

Yup, I really dont think she'll remain the damsel in distress nearing the end of the series or the little progress she's made as a character will be for naught. So, you really dont have anything to crib abt except maybe for the fact that you probably expected too much from Ranka & underestimated Grace.^_^ But it is a little disappointing, I kinda expected more from her too.

I really wanna see Grace get pawned, She's officially my favourite villain ever!
Old 2008-09-18, 22:48   Link #308
Wesley84

Thing is, I hate Grace. I hate the whole "Imainvinciblehacker"-thing. I hate her theatrics, I hate her motiviations. I hate how she's basically forcing everyone to gang up on and bring her down. She's taking the end boss thing way to literally.

Any character that relies on hax mind-controlling abilities needs to be dragged out into the street and shot. Actually convincing someone, coercing someone, making them do what you want without subjigating their very being, that's what makes a good villian. The less hax the better.
Old 2008-09-18, 23:08   Link #309
aneeshadc

Klan with Michael's spec was so sad & bittersweet, Can someone plse tell me what she was saying?
Old 2008-09-18, 23:30   Link #310
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Klan with Michael's spec was so sad & bittersweet, Can someone plse tell me what she was saying?
well, i watched the episode and Alto didn't say "But"
Spoiler:

Klan's monologue.
Spoiler:

Edit:
I watched the battle sequence again! I have to admit that i was cheering when the Vajra was kicking the NUN's behind. PWNAGE! I just laughed when the admiral flag ship was destroyed! I give this episode a 10/10 because it has been a while since an anime episode made do aerobics in my chair!
Old 2008-09-18, 23:45   Link #311
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for Battle Galaxy:

Holy Crap! Battle Galaxy!

If you blink when Alto rushes Ranka you'll miss it.
Old 2008-09-18, 23:47   Link #312
ipernorris

Inefficient way of fighting for NUNS. An MDE on the Vajra's homeplanet's star and a nice resulting supernova would be more than enough to take care of Vajra.
Old 2008-09-18, 23:51   Link #313
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Inefficient way of fighting for NUNS. An MDE on the Vajra's homeplanet's star and a nice resulting supernova would be more than enough to take care of Vajra.
I thought the point was to steal the homeworld?
Old 2008-09-19, 00:02   Link #314
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I thought the point was to steal the homeworld?
they want the planet! if they destroy it, they are very screwed! this was a win or die thing!
Old 2008-09-19, 00:04   Link #315
anyme

I can't hate Grace. Grace is great and always the best.(Even her face in this EP is not lovely & as planned face like ussual)
Blame Ranka, she choosed to return Ai-kun, who forced her? Nobody did. Grace just grab the opportunity & take advantages. (Like Luca stole a kiss from Nanase)

Alto is alive & gonna return with a mask(and it's Kabuki-mask, how cool!!), I'm very damn sure. He have to return earing to Sheryl. A very important mission.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:09   Link #316
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyme View Post
Alto is alive & gonna return with a mask(and it's Kabuki-mask, how cool!!), I'm very damn sure. He have to return earing to Sheryl. A very important mission.
Better yet, Alto and his father have been trading places throughout the entire series, using their Super Acting Powers! Yes! The one that actually died was Alto's father, while Alto himself is safely onboard Frontier!

And when was Battle Galaxy shown? I'd have rather that made an appearance straight out with a large three/four way battle occuring, instead of Grace hacking everything like she's God or something.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:11   Link #317
Hellbore

Except they need the planet and sunsequntly the sun inact to settle the planet. Otherwise, you know, they all die.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:13   Link #318
ipernorris

You guys forgot they have the option to call the NUNS from Earth as well. Of course I implied that, but I have to point out it seems...
Old 2008-09-19, 00:14   Link #319
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
You guys forgot they have the option to call the NUNS from Earth as well. Of course I implied that, but I have to point out it seems...
Well there is the matter of pride...

Old 2008-09-19, 00:17   Link #320
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

anyhow, do u guys think that one episode (the final one) is enough to explain everything? including Ranka "offing" her "trance mood", the battle which include all those boss stage of fighting , bilrer's real motive of meeting that someone, the relationship (should someone appear again), aftermath and stuff??

i highly doubt so.

if kawamori going to pull everything in one episode, that will be quite rushed and cheesy... he can't be pulling out one happy themed song - by the 3 of them... or even the whole SMS n NUN n who knows even Vajras themselves (if they know how to sing) to join in the singing and that ends everything right?
Closed Thread