AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-18, 13:06   Link #141
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
p0wned!1!one

@Seifall: Do you really not understand the meaning of Alto's interjection?
I have not watched the raw, that said....

Spoiler:
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:09   Link #142
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I have not watched the raw, that said....

Spoiler:
who cares?? let's juz all wait for him to come back and give us a damn good ending to everything
Ja-Y-Ce is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:11   Link #143
Haninozuka
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
musouka, thanks for translating the entire dialogue!

Sheryl is so admirably selfless here. After she misheard Alto saying he loved Ranka in the last episode, she didn't mope or wallow in self-pity. Instead, she urged him to save Ranka.

She's right. Alto better realize that he'll never come across a woman this good ever!
Haninozuka is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:11   Link #144
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Oh dear, you seem to be the one missing lines, Seifall. Here, have a full version.

Spoiler:
ahh! seems pretty much resolved to me! still i knew it since episode 21!
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:12   Link #145
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Sheryl is saying it's time for this two-week dream to end. Alto has realized that people should not fly alone. He needs two people to fly, meaning that he needs Sheryl to support his wings and that, he will fly back to her. Chances that he was talking about Ranka is completely nil because he just said he'd kill her last episode.

The music that was playing in Alto x Sheryl's scene is the same music that was played in Episode 6, when Alto was beginning to take off and Sheryl starts to sing, after she gives him the earring.

Here, they are doing the same thing, Alto goes off to fight, and Sheryl confesses to him with her kiss, but tells him they will continue this conversation after everything is over. "If a pilot's job is to fight, then my job is to sing." They both know where their responsibilities lie. She gives him the earring, and the difference is, though Alto has lost her earring the first time, he won't make the same mistake again, he will come back to her with her earring this time.
cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:16   Link #146
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
yea, he will return the earring this time round... and finally make his own confession to her.

*fangirl mood* awwww, so sweet.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:19   Link #147
Danish78
Thread Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manila, Philippines
Waiting for interpretations of the SDF M picture book ending as a preview to ep25. Anybody care to share their take?
Danish78 is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:19   Link #148
Haninozuka
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Just a thought, if Sheryl has given Alto her only earring, does this mean she doesn't need it anymore when she sings?

Will the Fold Waves of her voice be strong enough now without the crystals to amplify them?
Haninozuka is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:21   Link #149
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
her fold waves is strong enough due to her sickness...but of course, not strong enough to compare to Ranka... =)
Ja-Y-Ce is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:25   Link #150
Seifall
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
After watching it, Alto said he will be back and goes for the battle......
And said people people can't fly alone . She make him realize he is dense like always and says they should stop to be like lovers and he said his but.
after we see a Sheryl who don't want him to continue what he was going to say ....
And yes he talked about sheryl when he said something about not flying alone.
But if people saw it, Sheryl didn't want to hear his whole speech about not flying alone so being with her, because she knows perfectly Alto would tell lies if he kept talking.
Sheryl knows him now that's why she doesn't want to hear him and said she will not be able to sing.
Why would she not being able to sing if the BUT, people are saying I didn't understand, means BUT I love you ?
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:32   Link #151
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
After watching it, Alto said he will be back and goes for the battle......
And said people people can't fly alone . She make him realize he is dense like always and says they should stop to be like lovers and he said his but.
after we see a Sheryl who don't want him to continue what he was going to say ....
And yes he talked about sheryl when he said something about not flying alone.
But if people saw it, Sheryl didn't want to hear his whole speech about not flying alone so being with her, because she knows perfectly Alto would tell lies if he kept talking.
Sheryl knows him now that's why she doesn't want to hear him and said she will not be able to sing.
Why would she not being able to sing if the BUT, people are saying I didn't understand, means BUT I love you ?
Sheryl's perspective and interpretation is different from Alto's. What part of she lacks confidence in love do you not understand? She's dying and has a bleak outlook on the future. Of course her expectations on what he would say will be negative. Why are you using Sheryl's state of mind to measure Alto's feelings? Shouldn't you be looking strictly at what Alto says and does? You adapted to Sheryl's point of view because it's convenient for your shipping needs. Step outside and look at it objectively.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:33   Link #152
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
@Seifall: IMO, she doesn't want to hear Alto's speech... regardless it's a "but i promise that i will stay beside you... even though my heart goes to Ranka" or "but I love you, and we are not pretending at all" - any of these 2, will definitely cause all emotional stir-up in her, and she can't afford it... simply because she is a pro "if pilot is there to fly, as a singer, her job is to sing". She wants to keep a "simple" mindset as of now, to sing as her own responsibility.

That's the reason why she tells Alto that they will continue the conversation after the battle.

If you think from Sheryl fan's POV (juz like you are thinking from Ranka's), you should be able to understand why we will tend to think in that way.

anyhow, just some random joke n stuff to chill things out:

Spoiler:
Ja-Y-Ce is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:37   Link #153
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
After watching it, Alto said he will be back and goes for the battle......
And said people people can't fly alone . She make him realize he is dense like always and says they should stop to be like lovers and he said his but.
after we see a Sheryl who don't want him to continue what he was going to say ....
And yes he talked about sheryl when he said something about not flying alone.
But if people saw it, Sheryl didn't want to hear his whole speech about not flying alone so being with her, because she knows perfectly Alto would tell lies if he kept talking.
Sheryl knows him now that's why she doesn't want to hear him and said she will not be able to sing.
Why would she not being able to sing if the BUT, people are saying I didn't understand, means BUT I love you ?
Out of all your arguments, this is one which you're fighting desperately the most, Seifall. Relax a bit. Episode 6 answers all your questions. She is a singer, and he is a pilot, and they both have responsibilities to fulfill. Once everything is over, then they will come together again.

This is Sheryl's confession, just as Ranka had her confession in Episode 21. But the difference is, Sheryl's confession is full of hope, whereas Ranka's was filled with resignation and sadness. Sheryl's feelings will be the one in focus in the next episode preview: "Sheryl's feelings, Ranka's song, Alto's dream."

Spoiler for And the most powerful symbolism in the episode...:
cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:42   Link #154
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philippines - The Terrorist Fortress xD
Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Raw is out! /o/
__________________
bkg9990 is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:42   Link #155
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Raw is out! /o/
it's been out
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:44   Link #156
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philippines - The Terrorist Fortress xD
Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
it's been out
haha I asked in IRC
__________________
bkg9990 is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:47   Link #157
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
@Seifall: IMO, she doesn't want to hear Alto's speech... regardless it's a "but i promise that i will stay beside you... even though my heart goes to Ranka" or "but I love you, and we are not pretending at all" - any of these 2, will definitely cause all emotional stir-up in her, and she can't afford it... simply because she is a pro "if pilot is there to fly, as a singer, her job is to sing". She wants to keep a "simple" mindset as of now, to sing as her own responsibility.

That's the reason why she tells Alto that they will continue the conversation after the battle.

If you think from Sheryl fan's POV (juz like you are thinking from Ranka's), you should be able to understand why we will tend to think in that way.

anyhow, just some random joke n stuff to chill things out:
it can go either way like Ja-Y-Ce said! so kawamori still can go either way. I still believe this was resolved in episode 21 and because of sheryl's condition she still thinks the he is with her for pity.

LT aside, I can wait to see alto getting pwned!
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:51   Link #158
.Mero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Holy crappers!!!
That was some rollercoaster ride o_O

I need to watch that again, need subs for full understanding, but this was really something..
Have to wait a whole damn week now -_-;
.Mero is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 13:59   Link #159
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
I'm uling the horribleraw on MegaUL atm


oh and if it hasn't been said yet. Sheryl is confirmed as Mao's granddaughter
Spoiler:
Is that a copy of the supposed photo
Spoiler:
glyph is offline  
Old 2008-09-18, 14:03   Link #160
Seifall
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Sheryl's perspective and interpretation is different from Alto's. What part of she lacks confidence in love do you not understand? She's dying and has a bleak outlook on the future. Of course her expectations on what he would say will be negative. Why are you using Sheryl's state of mind to measure Alto's feelings? Shouldn't you be looking strictly at what Alto says and does? You adapted to Sheryl's point of view because it's convenient for your shipping needs. Step outside and look at it objectively.
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
@Seifall: IMO, she doesn't want to hear Alto's speech... regardless it's a "but i promise that i will stay beside you... even though my heart goes to Ranka" or "but I love you, and we are not pretending at all" - any of these 2, will definitely cause all emotional stir-up in her, and she can't afford it... simply because she is a pro "if pilot is there to fly, as a singer, her job is to sing". She wants to keep a "simple" mindset as of now, to sing as her own responsibility.

That's the reason why she tells Alto that they will continue the conversation after the battle.

If you think from Sheryl fan's POV (juz like you are thinking from Ranka's), you should be able to understand why we will tend to think in that way.

anyhow, just some random joke n stuff to chill things out:

Spoiler:
He will make the myu come back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Out of all your arguments, this is one which you're fighting desperately the most, Seifall. Relax a bit. Episode 6 answers all your questions. She is a singer, and he is a pilot, and they both have responsibilities to fulfill. Once everything is over, then they will come together again.

This is Sheryl's confession, just as Ranka had her confession in Episode 21. But the difference is, Sheryl's confession is full of hope, whereas Ranka's was filled with resignation and sadness. Sheryl's feelings will be the one in focus in the next episode preview: "Sheryl's feelings, Ranka's song, Alto's dream."

Spoiler for And the most powerful symbolism in the episode...:
I'm relaxed but you can't say the same for people who keep saying I didn't get it .
I got it.
Sheryl's feelings will be the one in focus in the next episode preview: "Sheryl's feelings, Ranka's song, Alto's dream."
The end was a big cliffhanger for the three.
Seifall is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.