AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: School Rumble - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 22.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 4.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 6.06%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 10.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-03, 02:06   Link #101
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Agh...I wish there's a SRGT soon or a new SR spin off which has a new storyline. The ending of SR was bad, the SRZ ending was decent, but leaves to many questions.
You can say that out, loud. Very loud.
__________________
Solafighter is offline  
Old 2009-06-03, 03:29   Link #102
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
i have to agree

I think Eri was the MOST developed charachter in the story,
uhhh.. how come?

ummm....

guys...

im not saying this because I'm a yakumo fan but.....
For me...

Yakumo really has the most Interesting story in school rumble.....

umm about Eri...
As far as I can see... her story in school rumble is almost complete....
so there is no need for her to become the next main character....

im not saying this because im a yakumo fan.....
im saying this because it is true...

Eri Fans....
I know you guys just want Eri to be the best at anything right?

dont worry...
Eri still defeats yakumo anyways...
just look....

1.Beautiful Girl - Eri Wins
2.Love for Harima - Eri Wins
3.Character Story - Yakumo Wins

So the score is 2-1
heheh so dont worry about that ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post


1- The financial situation of her father where Harima decided to work for her 281
The problem is already finished... Harima became her fiancee....
we also know that Eri's father is still alive and is working to a different country just for Eri.... Unlike Yakumo's Father.., School rumble "NEVER" stated if he is dead or not......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
2- Shawn, Max, Etc
It seems that Shawn only want Eri because max is inlove with her....

And as far as I can see.... Max has already given up Eri....
So this story is almost finished... nothing to talk about....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
3- Hooking up with Harima
She already hooked up harima.... As we can see in SRZ chapter 10 ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
4- Rivalry with Yakumo...?
The Rivalry with yakumo is also finished.... As we can see in chapter 281... Yakumo has already given up harima....

So....
As far as I can see for Eri....
Her Story in School rumble is Almost finished....
No need for her to become the next Main character... ^_^

So what Im saying to my last posts.....

Yakumo an Akira has the highest probability of becoming the next main character.......

Here are some question that makes yakumo's story Interesting......

1. What's the purpose of Yakumo's mind reading in the story????
also please look at this.....
Spoiler for scene:


Focus on this one...


"Nees san and the rest of the family let me go...... but will they?"

WTF!
does this mean yakumo's parents also know about her SECRET??? This is interesting......

Theory: She might lose this power


2.Yakumo hates christmas..., WHY??? - (SRZ chapter 4)
Theory : It could be that his father died in that day or her father broke his promise to yakumo....

3.Where are their parents?
- As I've said before... School Rumble "NEVER" stated if her parents is already dead or not...... unlike eri's parents we have seen them fully alive....

4.The Ghost
- As i remember.... this ghost was part of Yakumo's heart.... and it seems yakumo hasnt find his man yet......

5.Iori the cat
- I think this cat is a magical cat... as we have seen in the b chapter.... this cat has turned into a human.... also.... this cat also have the ability to change souls by bumping each other's head..... This has something to do with yakumo... it could be that this cat is the man yakumo has been waiting for... i hope not...

6. Secret love for harima?
- Will this go on? I hope so..... ^_^

Next is....

AKIRA!

yes.. akira also has the probability of becoming the next main character....

as I have said before this character is kinda mysterious......
I mean... she know how to use Guns??
she also works in a secret organization..?
saving innocent people?

Also...

I think Akira has been trained to become like.... Solid snake from Metal gear!

yes... i think akira has been trained to do a stealth mission or something....

It could be the reason why Akira knows all about her classmates secrets...
its because she has been trained by a class S man known as Solid Snake ^_^

If akira would become the next main character.....
School rumble might be an action anime/manga
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 03:59   Link #103
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Eri's story is finished?

Only Yakumo fan can say that. You are saying that BECAUSE you are Yakumo fan, don't pretend it to be other way, mate.

1. Just because it is not stated you cannot claim it as fact. What I mean you are saying you are aware of her farther being alive, but nothing is cleared - he could be dead or alive as well, since a lot of time passed since the last time you saw them and the situation seemed to get complex, in other words - you do not know a thing, and it DOES need to be explained. You are just making assumptions.

I could also make assumption, that Yakumo's story is finished since we know everything about her. Even the things that have not been explained - I can just make assumptions about them not being told and make up my own facts thus completing Yakumo's story.

Like this one - "What's the purpose of Yakumo's mind reading in the story?"

The answer is brain damage. She fell, hit her head, end of the story.

What? I just made my own assumptions because it was never told otherwise...

Same is with Eri's farther and her family situation - you know nothing yet try to convince that you know just by making assumptions based on what has not been told.

2. It is never told how they gave up on her so easily. You would be an idiot to believe that everything would go so smoothly, specially when Shawn is not portrayed as a very likable character, who can be persistent as well.

You talk about Max but conveniently avoid Shawn who is the main issue of the second point. Why? Because you do know nothing about the situation, but you just want to look wise and try to avoid facts that make your argument look vain.

Max has given up on her, but what about Shawn? What do you know about situation there? Nothing, and thus another your point holds no validity as the story has to be explained again, meaning more Eri story.

You just keep on saying "So this story is almost finished... nothing to talk about...." not providing valid arguments for it.

3. Hooking up with Harima is meant from both sides. They are not hooked up. Fiance does not mean a thing if Harima is not even seeing Eri in that light. We do not know how her family would react and if the previous attempts would be gone as well. What about Shawn? Nothing is clear.

You can say that Yakumo is hooked up with Harima, or Harima with Tenma based on this logic, since one-sided love is enough to make a couple for you.

You see nothing in chapter 10. Just them talking and walking together, but the baby thing can be and can be not a fact... Needs to be explained... More of Er's story... And thus, you fail again.

4. Is it really so? I have not seen much of that in ch 281. Its too unclear to tell for sure. Thus needs to be escalated further... And thus more of the story needed.


So far all of your arguments failed.

oh and your formula does not mean a thing as its just a matter of taste.

just look....

1.Beautiful Girl - Eri Wins
2.Love for Harima - Eri Wins
3.Character Story - Eri wins

But the truth is that those points are way too subjective to escalate them to suit for someone else other than yourself.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-06-06 at 04:57.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 04:53   Link #104
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

1.Beautiful Girl - Eri Wins
2.Love for Harima - Eri Wins
3.Character Story - Eri wins
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 05:04   Link #105
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I'd rather you would respond to the previous points I made, rather than just making sad faces on the formula that is just an expression of one's personal preference.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 05:10   Link #106
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I'd rather you would respond to the previous points I made, rather than just making sad faces on the formula that is just an expression of one's personal preference.
no need....
dont ask why...
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 09:35   Link #107
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Just remember it ended badly in the canon manga and everyone are friends in the end.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 09:50   Link #108
Gambino009
Phantom
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Under the sea
Yeah, all the theories and stuff about any continuation of any form are totally out of the question because of how it ended.

As far as we know.. if he decided to continue anything.. he'd start with some fresh material if he wanted and not cover anything from the past.
Gambino009 is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 10:13   Link #109
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
It is not a thoery of continuation, but just discussing if the story is complete or not (as in - if there is space to expand story or not).

Yakumo-chan claims that Eri as a chjaracter's storyline is over and that there is nothing to reveal about her or her relationship with Harima. I disagreed and criticized her position by giving contra-arguments. It is not a theory of continuation. Its just saying that the manga (and anime) left a lot of things not explained and not finished and that also includes Eri.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 10:27   Link #110
Gambino009
Phantom
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Under the sea
I agree completely.

Seeing what we got from both endings.. the only story that's at it's peak is Tenma and Karasuma.. with the only thing left is whether or not Karasuma regains his memory and whether or not he returns the love.

Eri and Harima's story is far from over.. of course there's this little hints here and there but it's terribly done and can't be use to come to any conclusions.

Yakumo, I have absolutely no idea what her story is about... umm family? Being a good sister? Being with the person she loves? It's hard to say what her character really desires

Everyone else.. can end simply in what ever manner
Gambino009 is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 10:43   Link #111
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
I´d go for Akira.
__________________
Solafighter is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 11:07   Link #112
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Yakumo's open ended ending. Possible the old chapter where Sara and Yakumo where in college is a possible future for her and since Harima made her a manga assistant she might end up as a manga assistant like in SRZ chap.6.

Hmm...just wondering why KJ is always pursuing the "manga assistant" on Yakumo, while in NNA he still has a similar girl to Yakumo assisting him.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 11:26   Link #113
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post


Yakumo, I have absolutely no idea what her story is about... umm family? Being a good sister? Being with the person she loves?
here's more:

Mind Reading

Ghost Yakumo

Magical Cat Iori

Hates Christmas - srz chapter 4

Happy with her father

Harima kenji

Harima shouji

saying hanai she doesnt love him...

i know you guys dont like yakumo....
but.... umm.. guys.. could you reply friendly to me please?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
I´d go for Akira.
hell yeah!

it will be an action manga/anime if that happens....
__________________

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2009-06-06 at 13:20.
yakumo-chan is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 16:27   Link #114
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in the wild
Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
I´d go for Akira.
That would be the ultimate awesomeness XD Akira rocks!
Might also be a penguin party.
zebra is offline  
Old 2009-06-07, 17:39   Link #115
CaptainSmoker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KJs nightsmares
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
here's more:

Mind Reading

Ghost Yakumo

Magical Cat Iori

Hates Christmas - srz chapter 4

Happy with her father

Harima kenji

Harima shouji

saying hanai she doesnt love him...
Yakumo-chan I think most Yakumo fans would not even read a manga starring her UNLESS if Harima is in each chapter…so mind reading, ghosts and daddies don’t really make people tingle… BUT if it were to be a small series with in a Eri Rumbles saga, it would be a great read…

The only things I want out of Yakumo is
1- A conclusion! maybe a man? Harima little brother… maybe?(lol)

2- Hanai telling her he found someone else (not that Yakumo would care)

3- And Of course Yakumo and Eri moments with Harima mixed in,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post


1.Beautiful Girl - Eri Wins
2.Love for Harima - Eri Wins
3.Character Story - Eri wins
lol, i think i have to disagree with #1- I really believe Yakumo and Eri are both equally beautiful, both have cat eyes, both have a UNIQUE personality and both are 11/10 girls, as for 2- and 3- Eri takes the cake

I just cant see a Yakumo manga, first of all from a marketing point of view, who would read it? Besides a few original SR fans, not many people want to see the adventures of Yakumo In the kitchen… lol

Instead if a Eri Rumbles series were to come out, Yakumo could have a portion dedicated to her, maybe a REAL confession with Harima would be nice, maybe this time Harima find out her of her feelings and put her to rest by saying “Thx for the help with manga, and maybe one day you will find yourself a mind reading dude to…”. Seriously though, we got like 300 SR mangas and NO CONFESSIONS, at least none straight forward, no development either post confessions. (I need a Eri confession TO !!! A REAL ONE GEEZ)

Eri also has the hilarious butler, on top of that I can imagine a Eri in America series with Harima, where maybe they meet shawn or something. Point is Yakumo is limited in terms of story line… none the less a great character.
CaptainSmoker is offline  
Old 2009-06-07, 20:29   Link #116
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
Yakumo-chan I think most Yakumo fans would not even read a manga starring her UNLESS if Harima is in each chapter…so mind reading, ghosts and daddies don’t really make people tingle… BUT if it were to be a small series with in a Eri Rumbles saga, it would be a great read…

The only things I want out of Yakumo is
1- A conclusion! maybe a man? Harima little brother… maybe?(lol)

2- Hanai telling her he found someone else (not that Yakumo would care)

3- And Of course Yakumo and Eri moments with Harima mixed in,



l
thanks... i think you're much more friendlier than darknemo... ^_^

i just think that...

Reading mind
Ghost
The magical Cat

if you mix this three altogether..
this 3 can make one hell of a story you see....
i can already imagine it....

somehow i can imagine that her reading mind powers will be gone..... or there is this guy that is just immune from reading its mind.....

its because....
reading the mind of someone you love feels wrong to me....
she needs to lose this power....

what will happen to yakumo after she get her first boyfriend or get married?
she will be reading his mind?
thats wrong......
reading the minds of someone you love is wrong....
she shouldnt be reading their minds.....
its unfair....

even if it protects her to all perverts....
its still wrong.....
not all guys who are inlove with her are perverts... remember that...

she really needs to lose this power....
she cant experience happiness living with it.....

i can also imagine that the cat and the ghost would be involve in this reading mind story....

also as you can see...

if you watch again the OVA episode 1..... when she save Iori from the bad dog... and then she asks help for the guys behind her......
you can already imagine there what would happen if all the people knew about her power....

it will hurt her..... yes... it will hurt her heart so much....

just think....

even Harima freaked out when he knew about yakumo's reading power!
he said that "NO! dont read my mind please!"


ofcourse...
if that happens..... people or guys wont be nearing to her now.....
most of the guys will hate her or will not like her for it, thats for sure.....
you will be hearing whispers like....

"I heard this girl can read minds, is that true?"
"yes, very freaky eh?"
"hey, she's looking here."
"huh? yeah, i bet she's reading our minds again!"
"yeah, let's get out of here... i dont want that witch to read my mind!"

you see....
it hurts to see that you are different to other people...
yakumo is different.... she is abnormal......

try reading that last chapter of the B-chapter... you will understand....
i think it was b-chapter 63

if she will be a new main character.....
im sure it will be about her reading mind.......

Thanks again for the discussion captain smoker... I apreciate you're reply ^_^
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline  
Old 2009-06-07, 21:17   Link #117
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
What he is saying that Yakumo's stand-alone story may not be interesting for the fans, except few hardcore Yakumo fanatics. Yakumo by herself would not be able to produce longer lasting excitement. It would be B chapters one after another and poeple would be bored.

Harima is needed...

Though again ErixHarima is still much more exciting than YakumoxHarima anyways.

The problem here with Yakumo lies that she is not excitement generating character. She can make few short b chapters interesting enough, and it works - but for longer period she needs someone who has much more active nature... And thats Harima...

Harima is an excitement generator in Yakumo story most of the time...

With Eri it is different... Harima and Eri are both excitement generators and neither aura outshines the other - they just start sending sparkles all around when they are buzzing next to each other. maybe thats why it is more exciting to watch Eri/Harima than Yakumo/Harima... Which is reflected in the polls, where as a singular character Yakumo is slightly more popular than Eri, but in terms of pairing votes Flag fraction usually win by a good margin.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-06-07 at 21:28.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2009-06-07, 21:43   Link #118
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
What he is saying that Yakumo's stand-alone story may not be interesting for the fans, except few hardcore Yakumo fanatics. Yakumo by herself would not be able to produce longer lasting excitement. It would be B chapters one after another and poeple would be bored.

Harima is needed...

Though again ErixHarima is still much more exciting than YakumoxHarima anyways.

The problem here with Yakumo lies that she is not excitement generating character. She can make few short b chapters interesting enough, and it works - but for longer period she needs someone who has much more active nature... And thats Harima...

Harima is an excitement generator in Yakumo story most of the time...

With Eri it is different... Harima and Eri are both excitement generators and neither aura outshines the other - they just start sending sparkles all around when they are buzzing next to each other. maybe thats why it is more exciting to watch Eri/Harima than Yakumo/Harima... Which is reflected in the polls, where as a singular character Yakumo is slightly more popular than Eri, but in terms of pairing votes Flag fraction usually win by a good margin.
that is true....

but i can also see that harima and eri are participating in the yakumo story....
harima, Eri and yakumo are all in the same world......
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline  
Old 2009-06-07, 23:12   Link #119
Gambino009
Phantom
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Under the sea
Usually I skip certain chapters.. because of that Theory Captain mentioned and Darknemo explained in better words.

You see.. once you get hooked with that spark.. whether it came from a silly Harima action..
Eri's reaction after a group of girls assume she likes Harima.. or just one of those Harima's there... and up, suddenly Eri appears just in time for a misunderstanding moment.

You gotta keep reading.. just to see what happens next, but then a boring chapter that plays in Tenma's house comes along. Feh, screw that, I wanna see how Eri reacts to seeing Harima's nude body. That's just an example, so I skip that chapter

I like Yakumo's character, I think she'd fit better in a pure romance manga, but her Character does have a good place in School Rumble as Eri's dangerous rival in love.
Gambino009 is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 07:24   Link #120
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760 Send a message via Skype™ to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
What he is saying that Yakumo's stand-alone story may not be interesting for the fans, except few hardcore Yakumo fanatics. Yakumo by herself would not be able to produce longer lasting excitement. It would be B chapters one after another and poeple would be bored.
it wouldn't fit SR since SR is filled with comedy and action
but a story about Yakumo would not be that boring, it's just another kind of anime/manga

I can imagine an anime based on Yakumo, something about The Slice of Life, Feelings and Romance and of course very calm since Yakumo is almost the calmed character in SR (right after Akira xD)

the anime would not be about comedy and something, it would be about her lifestory, maybe even a few episodes with her trying to get along with guys, her father and stuff like that

Yakumo creates excitement on her on way, maybe not fitted for everybody
but like I said, I could imagine an anime with Yakumo as main character


... something like ef or true tears :P:P
Sephiroth_760 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.