AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 227 52.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 20.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 8.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 3.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 1.16%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.63%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.70%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 2.56%
Voters: 430. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-22, 10:58   Link #1081
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Oh c'mon, he was using the two halves of Excalibur if you will notice, we should at least give Bismark's formerly invincible sword for doing that much
Except Suzaku cut it in half. Again.

Any mech Tamiki pilots is more invincible than that POS sword since:

1.Anyone who uses that sword gets trounced.
2.Any mech Tamiki pilots allows him to survive against anyone.

Therefore Tamiki>>>>>>>>>>Excalibur.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 10:58   Link #1082
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Except Suzaku cut it in half. Again.

Any mech Tamiki pilots is more invincible than that POS sword since:

1.Anyone who uses that sword gets trounced.
2.Any mech Tamiki pilots allows him to survive against anyone.

Therefore Tamiki>>>>>>>>>>Excalibur.
Bah. Only Suzaku can beat the Uber Sword and he only can do it with his HAX Mecha.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 11:00   Link #1083
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, if Bismarck did more than massive-as-hell round-up swings...
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 11:01   Link #1084
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well, that's how Kallen is. Right now, she's irrational, not even hesitating to kill the person who was once her leader and who she presumably wanted to help (though I somehow know someone will rebuke me for this ), and her talk with C.C. shows that she never gave a rat's ass about someone she presumably bonded with (C.C. herself- "So you DO say human-like things!") and that she's a bitter, jilted psychopath, to the point where she asks C.C. if she loves Lelouch. With her in her state of blind rage, she can't hope to win.
Yep, exactly.

also, the characters who usually have something to protect in a fight end up winning, Suzaku has everything to lose and everything to gain. Kallen in the other hand has nothing to gain, and everything to lose. She kinda reminds me of Luna from GSD. Except she's a better pilot than Luna ever was lol.
Old 2008-09-22, 11:07   Link #1085
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

OMG THIS EPISODE WAS SO FUCKIN GOOD! .... man ...i honestly can say i DID NOT see that coming ... Lelouch ended controlling Schneizel with GEASS!!!! awwww that shit was so off-guard.

Everybody knew Nunnally wasnt blind after Lelouch got rid of his father ... he said he used Geass to make her think she was blind and couldnt walk. I thought the whole thing was funny, because i cant imagine someone going blind just from seeing their mother dead. and crippled because he mom fell on her because nowhere in either seasons did they say or mention she got shot in her legs.

But man ... Lelouch is the fucking MAN! .... i bet he going to end up controlling the world through Schniezel and Black Knights without the BLack Knights even realizing it. Man i cant get over how he just popped up behind Schniezel and using that Geass on him. That would fuck him up if his Geass broke and he regained his consciousness ... something like losing and being controlled by Lelouch would kill his pride BIG TIME.

I wish they could make the last episode a special hour episode.
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 11:08   Link #1086
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Er, though, ZR might not entail him controlling the world...more his disappearance from it.
Old 2008-09-22, 11:10   Link #1087
scifijimmy

Quote:
Er, though, ZR might not entail him controlling the world...more his disappearance from it.
Where is there for lelouch to disappear to now?
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 11:12   Link #1088
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Australia!
Old 2008-09-22, 11:23   Link #1089
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I think it is better than Death Note myself. Death Note was a fantastic series, but CG isn't as dark and twisted. It NEVER was supposed to be like DN and I found all the comparisons ANNOYING.
But to a big or niche group of fans (me being included) this is when the series was at it's best...And it seems since the R2 reboot that aspect of the show just got pillow-smothered...The speculated reasons for the breck-neck pace of R2 after it wasted so much time in the first half of eps kinda makes the lack of the DN element which many enjoyed seem fond...I still think CG is as dark and twisted (If not more), but just grounded in a more teen soap-opera sort a way in comparison to DN's atmosphere...
Old 2008-09-22, 12:04   Link #1090
Syphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
You are joking right?
FACT: Real life science means nothing compared to the advanced science in Science Fiction.

FACT: Real life doesn't have fighting mecha, Sakuradite, Vacuum Bombs, Magic Eye Powers, Immortals, etc, etc, etc, etc....

FACT: You are crazy to not have any suspension of disbelief in a fucking sci-fi anime.

FACT: You and Charred Knight are too negative to bother hanging around any longer. ESPECIALLY YOU Charred Knight.
He isn't disputing the relationship between real life and science fiction, rather the breach in continuity within the CG world. CG, although it employs fictional elements, doesn't break it's own fictional rules. I.E. Lelouch cannot use his geass more than once on a single person. Basic laws of physics also apply in this world as they do in ours, in fact, it is designed to mimic all the aspects of our world with the exception of the existence of geass, and the path that history took in the American Revolution.
The point is, creating an "anti" FLEIA device crosses the line of developmental schemes we have seen so far in the series. It is entirely too fantastic and thus hampers the feel of the story. This coupled with the "everyone is actually alive" revalations we've seen so far is discontinuous to the story. Being shot by a machine gun in the leg is largely fatal. According to the destruction we've seen from recent FLEIA uses, there is no reason that Guilford should be alive and merely blinded.
These are just convenient plot mechanics used to justify a specific ending and still allow the use of "omg a main character died" plot twists.
Honestly, the show has gotten less intuitive/creative in its use of character motivation, tactical battles, plot twists, and science fiction technology. This isn't to say that it's bad, in fact it is still above par, however, when the bar is set so high by previous episodes, it's only natural that mediocrity rears its ugly head.

~syphen
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:14   Link #1091
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
The point is, creating an "anti" FLEIA device crosses the line of developmental schemes we have seen so far in the series. It is entirely too fantastic and thus hampers the feel of the story.
It didn't hamper anything at all. And if that bothers you, I take it you don;t read that many comics then huh?

Quote:
This coupled with the "everyone is actually alive" revalations we've seen so far is discontinuous to the story. Being shot by a machine gun in the leg is largely fatal. According to the destruction we've seen from recent FLEIA uses, there is no reason that Guilford should be alive and merely blinded.
If Mao can get continually shot in the torso and live, then Cornelia can live by being shot in the legs. There is no problem with it IMO.

And Guilford is alive because he was on the outskirts of the FLEIA blast. He was never fully enveloped. He could have ejected easily before it was too late. We just assumed he was dead, though him living can raise some eyebrows, it is still possible for him to have survived it. And no, not everyone is just coming back. The only ones alive are the ones that had a CHANCE at survival. Nunnally, Cornelia, and Guilford. It isn't like Shirley is walking around.

Quote:
These are just convenient plot mechanics used to justify a specific ending and still allow the use of "omg a main character died" plot twists.
Honestly, the show has gotten less intuitive/creative in its use of character motivation, tactical battles, plot twists, and science fiction technology. This isn't to say that it's bad, in fact it is still above par, however, when the bar is set so high by previous episodes, it's only natural that mediocrity rears its ugly head.
That is fine, but I still think all this stuff is just being nit-picked to death when it really shouldn't be justified IMO.
Old 2008-09-22, 12:18   Link #1092
Vashar

Wow. Just wow. Code Geass is one whacky roller coaster ride.

It's so ridiculous that it's entertaining. I can't make sense of much of the series since everything is twisted. It's just surprise after surprise. I think what topped it all in this ep was Suzaku's 0.04 second reaction time, which made me laugh... the power of the live on Geass.
Vashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:20   Link #1093
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashar View Post
It's so ridiculous that it's entertaining. I can't make sense of much of the series since everything is twisted. It's just surprise after surprise. I think what topped it all in this ep was Suzaku's 0.04 reaction time, which made me laugh... the power of the live on Geass.
Actually, that is probably his actual reaction time. Look at it this way. He dodged a machine gun that had .05 reaction time. So his reaction time HAS to be faster right? XD
Old 2008-09-22, 12:21   Link #1094
Dream_Traveller
Banned

But...0.04.
Old 2008-09-22, 12:21   Link #1095
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
I can't make sense of much of the series since everything is twisted
It's your fault for not paying enough attention, I've understood it at least.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:22   Link #1096
Orga777

Quote:
But...0.04.
Well, .04 is faster than .05, so it works. XD
Old 2008-09-22, 12:25   Link #1097
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Thank god Lloyd, Cecil, Sayoko, Milly and Rivalz are fine. Along with Shirley, they are the only characters who I love with all my heart and have no qualms in loudly waving their flags.

... I wonder what Chigusa's/Viletta's child will look like.
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:32   Link #1098
Casshern

All I can say about this episode is... Checkmate Biiiaaatch!
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:34   Link #1099
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
He isn't disputing the relationship between real life and science fiction, rather the breach in continuity within the CG world. CG, although it employs fictional elements, doesn't break it's own fictional rules. I.E. Lelouch cannot use his geass more than once on a single person. Basic laws of physics also apply in this world as they do in ours, in fact, it is designed to mimic all the aspects of our world with the exception of the existence of geass, and the path that history took in the American Revolution.
The point is, creating an "anti" FLEIA device crosses the line of developmental schemes we have seen so far in the series. It is entirely too fantastic and thus hampers the feel of the story. This coupled with the "everyone is actually alive" revalations we've seen so far is discontinuous to the story. Being shot by a machine gun in the leg is largely fatal. According to the destruction we've seen from recent FLEIA uses, there is no reason that Guilford should be alive and merely blinded.

~syphen
This is inherently wrong.

Basic laws of physics do not apply in the CG world. We could never have giant air ships which don't rely on any sort of propulsion. Knightmares themselves are not very aerodynamic, such a thing could never fly. heck, most of those battleships in CG cannot possibly fly because they're not sufficiently aerodynamic, not to mention the amount of energy required for the float units (which is complete BS btw) to over come the force of gravity.
Here's a simple example:
A modern super carrier weighs around 91000 metric tons, that's equal to 91,000,000 kilograms.
In order to suspend the thing in the air you need an engine that can produce a positive lift greater than F=ma where m= mass of the carrier, and a = g(9.80m/s^2). that force is immensely large, something like 89.18E7 N.
Old 2008-09-22, 12:37   Link #1100
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
But...0.04.
He had Geass-hax on at the same time you know, as David Blaine says you never know what your body can do until you yourself choose to push its limits, or something like that anyway