AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 227 52.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 20.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 8.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 3.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 1.16%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.63%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.70%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 2.56%
Voters: 430. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-22, 12:39   Link #1101
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
This is inherently wrong.

Basic laws of physics do not apply in the CG world. We could never have giant air ships which don't rely on any sort of propulsion. Knightmares themselves are not very aerodynamic, such a thing could never fly. heck, most of those battleships in CG cannot possibly fly because they're not sufficiently aerodynamic, not to mention the amount of energy required for the float units (which is complete BS btw) to over come the force of gravity.
Here's a simple example:
A modern super carrier weighs around 91000 metric tons, that's equal to 91,000,000 kilograms.
In order to suspend the thing in the air you need an engine that can produce a positive lift greater than F=ma where m= mass of the carrier, and a = g(9.80m/s^2). that force is immensely large, something like 89.18E7 N.
I take it you've never seen a harrier. We have the technology, just not the energy output that the magical element sakuradite provides in Code Geass.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:45   Link #1102
Vashar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Probably an old discussion, but the main thing I don't get is how everyone ended up siding with Schneizel. I guess supernukes are fine and dandy and a mysterious power called Geass isn't. I guess you should want to relentlessly kill someone you cared for, for years, naturally if they change and don't fit the same image of their former lovable past... Kallen and Nunally vs Lelouch and even Schneizel and Cornelia.

None of the main characters have died off either... I can't imagine a S3 of this. Diethard doesn't count. I'm surprised he was able to stand by Schneizel's side with how he is.

Edit: It's very creative to have the FLEIA launch controls in Nunally's hands for great irony, but did Schneizel have Nunally totally read? How can she even do such a thing? Schneizel must have some hidden charm to have everyone he comes in contact with, besides Cornelia, suddenly switch to his side without the power of Geass. The former Knights like Gino and Anya and the Black Knights. Though the black knights were probably intimidated more by the FLEIA than anything. How could they not forsee a possible betrayal when they joined forces? Hi... we're the black knights.. lets form up in a big sphere in front of Damocles and charge at Lelouch. Hostages on his ship? Schneizel obviously doesn't give a damn, but he was overly confident I guess and let it play out a bit.
Vashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:45   Link #1103
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Not on this site no more.
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I take it you've never seen a harrier. We have the technology, just not the energy output that the magical element sakuradite provides in Code Geass.
The harrier relies on pure thrust from compressing and expelling air. You want energy output? Stand in the sun and see if you feel yourself getting crushed--that's what nonsense Code Geass propulsion is like.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:48   Link #1104
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I take it you've never seen a harrier. We have the technology, just not the energy output that the magical element sakuradite provides in Code Geass.
I've seen a harrier, and you've just proved my point. We don't have sakuradite, so having the technology to build something doesn't mean it's cost effective or even possible if we lack the magical fuel.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:50   Link #1105
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Capital of the Nation
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
All I can say about this episode is... Checkmate Biiiaaatch!
LMAO!!!!!!! I know right!!
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:51   Link #1106
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
The harrier relies on pure thrust from compressing and expelling air. You want energy output? Stand in the sun and see if you feel yourself getting crushed--that's what nonsense Code Geass propulsion is like.
I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. I said sakuradite is magical already.

And I know, Revolutionist. I'm just saying that we could kinda-sorta see how a "large scale harrier" might be made if we had that magical element. An anti-nuke, not so much. But there WAS a time when physics ALMOST applied.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:52   Link #1107
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
whoa people, dont bring science into CG. It's phail at first mention.
__________________
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:54   Link #1108
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
whoa people, dont bring science into CG. It's phail at first mention.
Finally, someone with logic. XD
__________________
Join the SANITY: The Anti-Pairing Brigade Social Group
Together we will stop the Kalulu and CluClu Cults with divine judgment!
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:59   Link #1109
Vashar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Finally, someone with logic. XD
Logic holds little meaning when speaking of CG and all of the arguments here are basically logic vs logic. So much for your logic.
Vashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:02   Link #1110
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashar View Post
Logic holds little meaning when speaking of CG and all of the arguments here are basically logic vs logic. So much for your logic.
I think you just pwned us all.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:03   Link #1111
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashar View Post
Logic holds little meaning when speaking of CG and all of the arguments here are basically logic vs logic. So much for your logic.
DX.... Ouch... That was harsh.
__________________
Join the SANITY: The Anti-Pairing Brigade Social Group
Together we will stop the Kalulu and CluClu Cults with divine judgment!
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:06   Link #1112
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
whoa people, dont bring science into CG. It's phail at first mention.
Science in my CG!? Blasphemy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashar View Post
Probably an old discussion, but the main thing I don't get is how everyone ended up siding with Schneizel. I guess supernukes are fine and dandy and a mysterious power called Geass isn't. I guess you should want to relentlessly kill someone you cared for, for years, naturally if they change and don't fit the same image of their former lovable past... Kallen and Nunally vs Lelouch and even Schneizel and Cornelia.

None of the main characters have died off either... I can't imagine a S3 of this. Diethard doesn't count. I'm surprised he was able to stand by Schneizel's side with how he is.
Nunally I can understand to an extent about fighting against Lelouch if Schneizel has been there coercing her all this time. Kallen always struck me as odd though, I thought she would at least do everything she could to bring back Lelouch. I am not saying she doesn't have a reason to hate him, I guess I just find it odd how ready she is to kill him now.

I am surprised none of the main characters died off, when I saw the turn 24 preview with Kallens knightmare in the hanging bay I thought that was her end. So far the only major characters to have died at all in CG are Rolo, Charles, Marianne (although this hardly counts in my book), V.V., and Euphie.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:14   Link #1113
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Science in my CG!? Blasphemy!



Nunally I can understand to an extent about fighting against Lelouch if Schneizel has been there coercing her all this time. Kallen always struck me as odd though, I thought she would at least do everything she could to bring back Lelouch. I am not saying she doesn't have a reason to hate him, I guess I just find it odd how ready she is to kill him now.

I am surprised none of the main characters died off, when I saw the turn 24 preview with Kallens knightmare in the hanging bay I thought that was her end. So far the only major characters to have died at all in CG are Rolo, Charles, Marianne (although this hardly counts in my book), V.V., and Euphie.
Dont forget Shirley who had her reset button pressed twice.

Unfortunately Kallen will always be on the other side to Suzaku. Standard mecha anime fare always play the two strongest pilot/mecha against each other. Gurren with Lancelot is as impossible as Freedom fighting along side with Justice!

It's imposisisisible!
__________________
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:16   Link #1114
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Dont forget Shirley who had her reset button pressed twice.

Unfortunately Kallen will always be on the other side to Suzaku. Standard mecha anime fair always play the two strongest pilot/mecha against each other. Gurren with Lancelot is as impossible as Freedom fighting along side with Justice!

It's imposisisisible!

As far as I remember...Justice and Freedom team up at the end of both Seed and destiny
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:17   Link #1115
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
You know I thought I forget something....gah maybe its my denial that Shirley is still possibly alive and NOT 6 feet under....T.T

Yeah but in SEED at the end don't they work together to bring down that huge death-star thingy?
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:18   Link #1116
Vashar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Don't take me the wrong way. Logic can be used to discover simpler ways to understand something and there's lots that could use more explaining in CG, but since it's fictional, some things are best left unquestioned.

The character development mysteries irk me most out of everything.

Edit: I always hope that the next episode will help me understand with new info, but that's never the case. There's always another twist to distract me and when I think back, I'm still wondering. So I have quite a few episodes worth of "WTF" that I can't ignore since it's getting so close to the end.
Vashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:22   Link #1117
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Kallen always struck me as odd though, I thought she would at least do everything she could to bring back Lelouch. I am not saying she doesn't have a reason to hate him, I guess I just find it odd how ready she is to kill him now.
Well, Ohgi was swayed by his feelings for Villeta. Toudo couldn't forgive Lelouche for using geass (Lelouche never affirmed the fact that he never geassed the BKs). Kallen's image of Zero was betrayed by Lelouche's true identity. Conveniently, Schneizel happened to be around to offer those three a viable alternative to Zero. The rest of the BKs are just sheep.

As for why she'd want to kill him... maybe so she can erase Lelouche and keep her memories of Zero? Or maybe she can't forgive him for "betraying" her? Or maybe it's just "if I can't have him, nobody can". Kallen doesn't have complicated thought patterns like Lelouche, Schneizel or Charles. Like most of the secondary characters her thoughts are fairly straight forward. So even though it's hard to guess "why" without any hints from her, I'm pretty sure it's a simple and probably emotional reason.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:24   Link #1118
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Well, Ohgi was swayed by his feelings for Villeta. Toudo couldn't forgive Lelouche for using geass (Lelouche never affirmed the fact that he never geassed the BKs). Kallen's image of Zero was betrayed by Lelouche's true identity. Conveniently, Schneizel happened to be around to offer those three a viable alternative to Zero. The rest of the BKs are just sheep.
It is mroe than Geass with Toudou. I feel really bad for him actually. His rejection was probably involved with what happened to his fellow JLF comrades. It isn't like the Four Swords agreed with what Zero's methods fully from the beginning. That info probably just bothered him too much. The others, yeah, I will agree.
__________________
Join the SANITY: The Anti-Pairing Brigade Social Group
Together we will stop the Kalulu and CluClu Cults with divine judgment!
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:31   Link #1119
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
You know I thought I forget something....gah maybe its my denial that Shirley is still possibly alive and NOT 6 feet under....T.T

Yeah but in SEED at the end don't they work together to bring down that huge death-star thingy?
Alright, I ll stop with the lame trolling
But unless Nunnally suddenly summon a Golden Super Knightmare out of her wheel chair, the director is going to play Suzaku against Kallen cause those are the 2 coolest mecha so far. Otherwise, it will be just too easy for Lelouch.

Though i think Kallen have fallen into the "if he cant be my man, you cant have him either" role.

Anyway, I bet the last episode is going to have a tragic bitter sweet ending for Lelouch x Kallen x C2. Otherwise, CG would be just too cheesy with a happy ending...


hmmm, cant believe i just said that.
__________________
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:45   Link #1120
wtfftw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyme View Post
CC's real name=See Sea or Sea Sea = She's alway dive into sea with her robot When she see sea in front of her.....................

If they have R3 ,she will dive again at the end of season? May call he CCC..
xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
.............but Lulu's owning of Schniezel was just too good even for myth...I mean does a pre-taped checkmate really take into account EXACTLY what the other person is gonna say or that that person will pause and reflect perfectly with the timed pre-recording? Now as cringingly perfect as that was what might have saved it for me was if Code Geass would have done what Code Geass usually does well...CG (Despite whatever gripes people may have) at the very least does dramatic or overly-dramatic scenes well, but in Schnizzle's downfall he just turned around, got geassed and that was it...Diethard's end and his final words to "Zero" meant far more to me than Schniezel's loss...I was like "Yeah, Diethart's Requiem!", it hit me in the heart when Yagami Light Lulu told him he was never worthy to be geassed...That was better to me...That struck my cord...

I just wished they would have put more dramatic emphasis on Schnizel's end...Perhaps having him fight the geass with his will for a moment before it took him over, or just a dramatic scene with the audience seeing Schniezel's face as his plan and will were defeated, but there was basically nothing beyond procedure for that scene...I gave the ep a 7 outta 10 mostly for the awesome action, but I easily understand how one could 10 this ep or 1 this ep...Kallen's single-mindedness was also kinda meh...

MORE TO COME...
tbh i didnt quite understand it either it was like what are these dues even talking about then he was standing next to him and i was like lo I for one dont get it. And it doenst really matter cuz i mean its CG. I mean we have people surviving a nuke from close range


I was also thinking bout it but Kallens weird stuff atm has me gone like OMG kallen why did you lose this love thingy:S though to be honest i didnt think they fit with each other in the 1st place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolusionist
Ok, as someone pointed out earlier, the very first characters we see are C.C, Suzaku and Lelouch. These are the important players. Kallen is nothing more than a secondary character at best, and a piece of ass at worst. The main characters (C.C, Lelouch and Suzaku) have a plan and made a promise between themselves to change the world. Kallen is not part of that promise, she's not fighting to protect anything, she's fighting to kill her crush because she's irrational like that, and dumb. She's not gonna win, she can't. It doesn't matter if she's your favorite character because she's "cute", "hawt" , or you want her to end up contributing something important to the story. If she doesn't come to understand what the main characters are doing and joins them on her own free will she will continue to be a hindrance and will be removed by force by Suzaku. Their plan is obviously better than whatever the hell it is Kallen is fighting for. Suzaku is protecting their promise, his best friend an the future. At the moment Kallen is fighting for the present, or for her own selfish goals, or her deluded sense of morality (tbh nobody fucking knows, she probably doesn't either)
I've already said this before, but it will either end in a draw, or she'll be soundly defeated. I want her to realize the plan and confront Lelouch personally and have a serious, deep conversation. Not gonna deny something the character deserves, but she keeps the way she is "I'm gonna fry u lol sayonara!" she's gotta go down.
I loled so hard


Kallen fans word from a kallen fan here. Kallen is being plain retarded atm. I mean the hint of LuLu saying live on when he was about to be executed should already point out that LuLu has more to him then meets the eye.

ANd for 1 you dont kill someone you love Thats plain retarded your parents who love you also dont kill you if then love, even if you did something wrong so please do not defend stupidity its a losing game.

@ahnming you have a point SHirley and CC are the reall actual competitors though Kallen had her moments and you have to give her credit for that. Anyway CC and LuLU are a 100% match They can talk on the same lvl whereas Shirley LuLu would be like "huh i dont get it"
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.