AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-24, 12:04   Link #21
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Because like, half of gotei 13, including the captain commander were waiting and observing his every move? Not to mention dragging out the fight could potentially allow Po to destroy the barrier iba set up to sustain the space manipulation.

And anyway, theres all the reason not to use your bankai (excluding shounen law of course, thats a given). If you release bankai againsta a enemy you don't need it for, youre wasting precious reiatsu. Might as well save it for the real tough enemies you might face later. And not to mention, manipulating such a huge spirit power/body such as a bankai would probably leave you mentally, spiritualy and physicall exhausted. If anything, theres the obvious reason -- don't show your ace card to every tom, dick or harry.
__________________
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 12:04   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
He only struck Po Once to get him off away from ikkaku. then he got punched away for a momment. Now it seems doggy is like "So thats it huh?, Ok time to finish this quickly, BANKAI"

His Shiki is prob huge as well. he would have harmed Ikkaku if he tried anything else at that time.

oh well, we'll find out friday
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 12:36   Link #23
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
It not about Koma is weak it just the case of him using bankai when its not necessary . According to shonen law 101, due to bankai release Koma wont fight and win against any bigger opponent . Either he will have to use a double team or lose . The bigger opponent being Tosen here
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 13:52   Link #24
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
It not about Koma is weak it just the case of him using bankai when its not necessary . According to shonen law 101, due to bankai release Koma wont fight and win against any bigger opponent . Either he will have to use a double team or lose . The bigger opponent being Tosen here
I don't really think so. Hitsugaya used bankai to defeat Shawlong and then also used it to defeat Luppi, who was much stronger. Though because of the limit you could argue that bankai was necessary through most of the fight with Shawlong.

Still, Kubo has ways of getting around the "one pwn per power up" rule. Namely, characters can have more than one victory without necessarily getting brand new powers, they just use an aspect of their existing power that was previously unseen. Like Hitsu revealed the ability to control the atmosphere's water to win and Kenpachi used kempo. Couldn't really do that with Ikkaku though, because it had already established that all there was to his bankai was pure power.

Komamura's bankai on the other hand, might have powers we still haven't seen.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 13:57   Link #25
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I don't really think so. Hitsugaya used bankai to defeat Shawlong and then also used it to defeat Luppi, who was much stronger. Though because of the limit you could argue that bankai was necessary through most of the fight with Shawlong.
In the same time frame ?
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 14:33   Link #26
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
"tsumaranai!"

Can this shit get any worse?!

I swear to god if Ichigo loses or it's over really fast. I will set KT on fire after I beat him till he hasn't got a layer of skin left
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 14:38   Link #27
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I don't really think so. Hitsugaya used bankai to defeat Shawlong and then also used it to defeat Luppi, who was much stronger. Though because of the limit you could argue that bankai was necessary through most of the fight with Shawlong.
Hitsugaya has a shikai?
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 14:54   Link #28
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Penn's Woods
Age: 23
Go go Captain Eatsyourface!
Hisago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 14:55   Link #29
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
Yeah, its not like he Po knocked Komamura for 6 with a simple punch right? Dont forget Po was unreleaed when he did that. It is quite shameful for a SS captain to use Bankai on a seemingly weak opponent.

Yamamoto would have burnt Po to a crisp/ash
Hitsugaya would have frozen and shattered
Byakuya would have shikai'd Po to pieces
Kenpachi would have sliced and diced for mere fun.

etc, etc. You get the point Captain Vs Fraccion should be a mismatch without Bankai's getting involved. There were no limiters to use as an excuse. Dont forget Komamura got sent flying by a guy who works for a guy who works for Aizen. All things taking into account Komamura is arguably the weakest SS taicho!
A pillar was destroyed. The guy had to die quickly before there was more trouble.

Why the hell would a captain appear just to dick around with a fraccion when he can easily dispatch him? This isn't a game here that they are playing. The captains' goals are to kill each Arrancar there no matter what.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 15:04   Link #30
Crimson Reaper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
I don't really care that Koma uses his Bankai. He's probably thinking the same as us.
"Let's just finish these smallfry off quickly so we can get back to the plot!"
Besides, with one pillar destroyed they don't have time to hold back with the danger of the town returning soon. If it means finally getting to see the Captains vs Espada, I can live with Koma being 'weak', if that's what you call finishing a fight in the shortest amount of time possible.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 15:06   Link #31
lequory
People hate good theories
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
A pillar was destroyed. The guy had to die quickly before there was more trouble.

Why the hell would a captain appear just to dick around with a fraccion when he can easily dispatch him? This isn't a game here that they are playing. The captains' goals are to kill each Arrancar there no matter what.
You've just said exactly what I was gonna say earlier after reading all the comments about Bankai was unnecessary. It was necessary in order to get rid of the troublesome opponent. This is a serious matter that they are trying to resolve and if that means using your best move to kill the enemy quickly then by all means use it because if you play around with the matter your only going to cause more mayhem to occur. Karakura was about to return so I find it correct to end the matter as quick as possible. BANKAI WAS USED CORRECTLY.
lequory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 15:47   Link #32
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
You've just said exactly what I was gonna say earlier after reading all the comments about Bankai was unnecessary. It was necessary in order to get rid of the troublesome opponent. This is a serious matter that they are trying to resolve and if that means using your best move to kill the enemy quickly then by all means use it because if you play around with the matter your only going to cause more mayhem to occur. Karakura was about to return so I find it correct to end the matter as quick as possible. BANKAI WAS USED CORRECTLY.
They are in a war, they need all their strength against strong opponents, would you really use a nuke to blow up the 1 soldier attacking you when there is a whole platoon of soldiers about to attack?

Answer no, Koma could of ended it with his shikai if he wanted to but no he has to go and bring out big ninja guy, Yama-ji, Shunsui and Ukitake wouldn't even have blinked to finish him, same with Yoruichi and Urahara. But then again they are the top tier of SS
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:29   Link #33
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
They are in a war, they need all their strength against strong opponents, would you really use a nuke to blow up the 1 soldier attacking you when there is a whole platoon of soldiers about to attack?

Answer no, Koma could of ended it with his shikai if he wanted to but no he has to go and bring out big ninja guy, Yama-ji, Shunsui and Ukitake wouldn't even have blinked to finish him, same with Yoruichi and Urahara. But then again they are the top tier of SS
you're assuming the bankai is the equivalent of a nuke or rather a massive or at least notable drain on his resources.

But so far from all indications, using bankai doesn't seem to drain the typical captain at all. to them it could be the equivalent of us throwing a simple punch.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:49   Link #34
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
They are in a war, they need all their strength against strong opponents, would you really use a nuke to blow up the 1 soldier attacking you when there is a whole platoon of soldiers about to attack?

Answer no, Koma could of ended it with his shikai if he wanted to but no he has to go and bring out big ninja guy, Yama-ji, Shunsui and Ukitake wouldn't even have blinked to finish him, same with Yoruichi and Urahara. But then again they are the top tier of SS
You're also assuming this---> Yama-ji, Shunsui and Ukitake wouldn't even have blinked to finish him, same with Yoruichi and Urahara. Koma responded because he was the closest in size to the opponent and the rest of the captains you mentioned would have beaten the guy but not as fast as Komo did. IMHO. That guy was huge and needed to be dealt with quickly. Koma does not seem like he is fast but he is huge and used the appropriate size attack to quickly finish off a huge problem.
__________________
MAQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:52   Link #35
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
They are in a war, they need all their strength against strong opponents, would you really use a nuke to blow up the 1 soldier attacking you when there is a whole platoon of soldiers about to attack?

Answer no, Koma could of ended it with his shikai if he wanted to but no he has to go and bring out big ninja guy, Yama-ji, Shunsui and Ukitake wouldn't even have blinked to finish him, same with Yoruichi and Urahara. But then again they are the top tier of SS
In a nerdy FF reverance, say a semi-strong boss knocks out one guy. The rest of your characters are fine. However, seeing you don't want to take any risks, you go ahead and blow the guy away with Ultima.

Using that spell doesn't make you less powerful for the stronger people, however it did easily get you out of the situation. It's the same thing. Using bankai because he wanted to quickly kill the guy doesn't make him weaker. Just cause he used bankai then does that mean that he can't use it again or that it will be less effective?

No it's just a quick way to kill someone for Komamura and he'll probably use it again against an espada or even one of the 3 former captains.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 22:38   Link #36
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
They are in a war, they need all their strength against strong opponents, would you really use a nuke to blow up the 1 soldier attacking you when there is a whole platoon of soldiers about to attack?

Answer no
Koma isn't wasting anything against Po... in fact holding back would have actually been more of a waste... ending the fight as quickly as possible means that Koma takes minimal damage from the fight, but by holding back he could suffer some unnecessary damage... Much like how Byakuya took quite a bit of damage against zombari when he COULD have finished things quickly... or how about all the damage Renji, Hitsugaya and Mastumoto took thanks to the limiters they had on which held back their true strength; without the limiters they could have won the fight and been ready for another round or 2, instead of needing to go and rest... or how about the now half-dead ikakku...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I disagree, if you continuously bring your A-game or your trump card to a battle then somebody can analyze it (Ishida and Renji) then find a way around it (Szayel) instead it is better to hold the element of surprise instead of showing every enemy that can lay their hands on you your special attack.
Ofcourse, if you DON'T use you're "A-game" right away you could potentially get killed or atleast pwn'd before you have a chance to actually use it (D-roy, Koma against Aizen, Or Ikkaku against Po)... Ya, Syzeal was the only one who could study enemy abilities and have power over them, he is what we might call an exception to the rule; generally speaking, the advantage anyone would get from knowing an enemies power is usually very minimal, except in the case of uber hax abilities (Kira, Yumi, but NOT Koma)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
Hitsugaya would have frozen and shattered

etc, etc. You get the point Captain Vs Fraccion should be a mismatch without Bankai's getting involved. There were no limiters to use as an excuse. Dont forget Komamura got sent flying by a guy who works for a guy who works for Aizen. All things taking into account Komamura is arguably the weakest SS taicho!
It's funny how you mentioned Hitsugaya while you call Koma the weakest for using his Bankai against a minion... if i recall, Hitsugaya did the same damn thing to Shawlong; Hell Hitsugaya uses his Bankai so often that i had to look up on wikipedia just to remember what his Shikai was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Why the hell would a captain appear just to dick around with a fraccion when he can easily dispatch him?
Amen to that...

Honestly, this thread had the unfortunate effect of reminding me of Byakuya vs Zombari; by far the most retarded fight in bleach to date. The main reason? both Byakuya and Zombari could have finished that fight in an instant... Zombari could have taken over Byakuya's mind and made him stab himself, and Byakuya could have just Bankai'd the guy into oblivion after he was so retarded not to try and finish off Byakuya asap. What happened instead? the two of them dicked around for like 2-3 chapters taking unnecessary damage, using unnecessary attacks and tactics and essentially spending the whole time arguing over which of them was the more arrogant.

After that trial in arrogance and stupidity, along with Ikakku's exercise in the same, seeing a shimigami not hold back and wipe out an opponent as fast as possible is a much s welcomed turn of events...

It's like Koma just walked right in with Po talking big and Koma just smashes him in an instant looking back at everybody and saying "can we now PLEASE move on to the REAL fights"
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 22:49   Link #37
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I wonder if they show a shot of Barragan's face after this. All four of his minions just got destroyed. He's gotta be like O_O or something. XD!

Koma finally got to pwn someone instead of being pwned himself. I think that rocks. ^__^
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 23:00   Link #38
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 502
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Look at it this way...

A firefighter is going up against a raging fire with a firehose that can spray at 800psi; Why would the firefighter settle for less to get the job done, like with a garden hose with more than a 100th less pressure?

Or an army soldier mounted on an M2 .50cal machine gun is fighting against some enemy combatants; Why would the soldier drop operation of the machine gun and fight with something smaller like an M4 assault rifle?

If you have it, use it...The decimation of the opponent should take priority; Playing with the enemy is for a cat toying with a helpless mouse...Only use the minimal necessary resources if you're certain of your superiority to the opponent, and if a lack of consequences will allow it...Although I think Komamura could've taken on Po with shikai alone, I still don't see why people are chastising Komamura for going bankai...So what? Po is, like some of the other fraccion, a fraccion to one of the top 3 Espada, so they potentially aren't pushovers (Though they get easily owned, because they're only Fraccions and not Espadas; Save the good fights for last)...Komamura could've simply gone with shikai, but remember the stakes at hand resolve around keeping the fake Karakura Town in existence as long as possible while Aizen and Co. are in assault mode; Komamura couldn't make any mistakes, let nothing slip, and most important of all, had to take the enemy out one way or another so that the pillar could be stabilized...

Of course therein lies the potential fault of Ikkaku in not placing priorities or holding a certain set of morals, but Ikkaku's not on the stage anymore; Komamura is...
__________________
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 23:01   Link #39
Sinaura
Fat Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
In a nerdy FF reverance, say a semi-strong boss knocks out one guy. The rest of your characters are fine. However, seeing you don't want to take any risks, you go ahead and blow the guy away with Ultima.

Using that spell doesn't make you less powerful for the stronger people, however it did easily get you out of the situation. It's the same thing. Using bankai because he wanted to quickly kill the guy doesn't make him weaker. Just cause he used bankai then does that mean that he can't use it again or that it will be less effective?

No it's just a quick way to kill someone for Komamura and he'll probably use it again against an espada or even one of the 3 former captains.
True but you just wasted a ****load of mp for that spell. And yes, quite nerdy.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 23:21   Link #40
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
True but you just wasted a ****load of mp for that spell. And yes, quite nerdy.
Yeah but you're wearing the 3-stars relic so spells only cost 1 mp
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.