AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-30, 00:55   Link #1081
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Kudos to Grace. I had never expected her to be the villain in the early part of the series (Her seiyuu was Belldandy's for God's sake!). I was deeply impressed.

As for the movie's next villain, I'm thinking an evil colleague of Grace (in Galaxy), perhaps...? =x

@Father Hentai: LOL, don't bother with troll-feeding anymore. XD
__________________

Last edited by raile; 2008-09-30 at 01:27.
raile is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 02:19   Link #1082
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
I've chosen Bavaria because of the following reason:

- work
- girls wearing dirndl in this special season (octoberfest)
- media center of germany

munich ain't that bad. i don't like hamburg on the other way
Well, since I feel just the reverse, that makes us even, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh Maggy!!

Next time a Bavarian tells you that their province represents Germany, kindly slap them silly and inform them that I told you to do it
Will do. Itīs annoying as fuck anyway, because everywhere you go in the Ausland, people assume Germans are all beer-swilling, Lederhosen-wearing war maniacal Nazis. And I talk from experience. But the frickin Bavarians are one of the main causes for that preconception of who we are.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 02:20   Link #1083
Xealmox
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: veenwouden,Netherlands
if you all look at the scene with sheryl being saluted then just before that you can see that screen of ranka or sheryl ''materialize'' next to her

so its not faulty CGI or anything
Xealmox is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 02:29   Link #1084
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
*Shrug* I left with enough reasons to believe that Sheryl had won and Ranka is way behind. With that said, why bother having the official materials show us Alto x Sheryl mating sessions when there are overwhelming fan arts to cover that subject? - Tak
Better artwork? ^^
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 02:35   Link #1085
Xealmox
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: veenwouden,Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Better artwork? ^^

lol yeah although i personally like ranka over sheryl
Xealmox is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 02:38   Link #1086
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
beer-swilling, Lederhosen-wearing war maniacal Nazis. And I talk from experience. But the frickin Bavarians are one of the main causes for that preconception of who we are.
And to think these images all originated from a tiny province where people wear fluffy pants. . . That hell hole, where the fattest people in Germany came from.

AND I HATE THEIR MARCHING MUSIC!

- Tak (Ok ok, I stop ranting now)

Last edited by Tak; 2008-09-30 at 02:52.
Tak is online now  
Old 2008-09-30, 02:42   Link #1087
Xealmox
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: veenwouden,Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai
I've chosen Bavaria because of the following reason:

- work
- girls wearing dirndl in this special season (octoberfest)
- media center of germany

munich ain't that bad. i don't like hamburg on the other way


is this still about episode 25??
Xealmox is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 02:53   Link #1088
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xealmox View Post
is this still about episode 25??
Ranka reminds us of certain Bavarians...

Uh...

Yeah.

- Tak (Its a sad attempt, I know)
Tak is online now  
Old 2008-09-30, 03:00   Link #1089
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ranka reminds us of certain Bavarians...

Uh...

Yeah.

- Tak (Its a sad attempt, I know)
Funny, she seemed more Danish to me...
Mughi is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 03:15   Link #1090
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Funny, she seemed more Danish to me...
What kind? Danish the people, or Danish the cupcake?

- Tak
Tak is online now  
Old 2008-09-30, 03:41   Link #1091
nanikore
What. Is THIS
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I'm going to post a contrarian opinion...
  • The ending is so rushed that it made my head spin. Even some songs are SPED UP. Cutting off songs is okay, but not speeding up.
  • Dialog is among the corniest I've ever seen in an anime series, and I've seen plenty since the 80s.
  • What's with the "let's suddenly all float together and have a chitchat" scene? Was the (virtual) slap in the face made possible via fold quartz also?
  • The suspension of disbelief went down several notches no thanks to scenes like the ones above, in this last episode. The last episode is a bad place for it to happen too. The cheesiness of it all (discounting the big-budget CG, which in a way was wasted) didn't help at all.
  • Last battle was horrendously choreographed, despite the garish CG. It does not come even close to the original Macross. Yes, I did see it again recently.
  • Episode quality declined steadily since its high point (which was the revelation of Grace-as-villain) until the sloppy disaster that is the last episode.

There. Got it off my chest.
nanikore is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 03:53   Link #1092
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xealmox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai
I've chosen Bavaria because of the following reason:

- work
- girls wearing dirndl in this special season (octoberfest)
- media center of germany

munich ain't that bad. i don't like hamburg on the other way


is this still about episode 25??
uhm. we talked a bit off topic because tak tries to tease me i guess

btw. magnuskn, tak

Spoiler for This is still off topic:


back to topic.

someone know when the artbooks will be released or even the tv series guidebook?


Quote:
Last battle was horrendously choreographed, despite the garish CG. It does not come even close to the original Macross. Yes, I did see it again recently.
it is as epic as macross dyrl. there are some simliarities but to see that you have to turn off the volume and watch the scenes without the music.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 04:05   Link #1093
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanikore View Post
I'm going to post a contrarian opinion...
  • The ending is so rushed that it made my head spin. Even some songs are SPED UP. Cutting off songs is okay, but not speeding up.
  • Dialog is among the corniest I've ever seen in an anime series, and I've seen plenty since the 80s.
  • What's with the "let's suddenly all float together and have a chitchat" scene? Was the (virtual) slap in the face made possible via fold quartz also?
  • The suspension of disbelief went down several notches no thanks to scenes like the ones above, in this last episode. The last episode is a bad place for it to happen too. The cheesiness of it all (discounting the big-budget CG, which in a way was wasted) didn't help at all.
  • Last battle was horrendously choreographed, despite the garish CG. It does not come even close to the original Macross. Yes, I did see it again recently.
  • Episode quality declined steadily since its high point (which was the revelation of Grace-as-villain) until the sloppy disaster that is the last episode.

There. Got it off my chest.
I can share some of your sentiments.
I too, found a lot of scenes that were WTF? (Ranka's Curaga move and that virtual(?) slap). I can't complain about the songs though, it was a sensory overload and I liked it.

Yes, some lines were corny and the animation was below it's best, which was quite a disappointment. But overall, it was still a good ending. It could have been executed better but still it was decent enough.

But let's not lose faith, there's still the movie and maybe it can make up for the rushy ending.
raile is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 04:09   Link #1094
nanikore
What. Is THIS
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
it is as epic as macross dyrl. there are some simliarities but to see that you have to turn off the volume and watch the scenes without the music.
It's not, and no you don't have to turn the sound off.

It's the old line of enemy-turned allies. Vajra turned allies just as in the movie Do You Remember Love (the place where the song of the same name came from)- in the same way that Zentradi + Meltron turned against their masters near the end of the last battle.

Too many parallels to count, and they are wholly intentional. Too bad none of it helped.
nanikore is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 04:09   Link #1095
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Can't believe someone thought the fight choreography/CG in this episode was crappy. Goes to show you that opinions really are one-a-penny, eh? To each his/her own.

People are still discussing the salute? Sheesh... I thought it was so obvious already... well, let everyone have their own interpretations, then. At least some do base theirs in reference to the history of the franchise, and don't keep grabbing at straws and changing with the wind. But, again, to each his/her own.

And the "yo" bit... c'mon. That's just being dense.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 04:11   Link #1096
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
I too, found a lot of scenes that were WTF? (Ranka's Curaga move and that virtual(?) slap). I can't complain about the songs though, it was a sensory overload and I liked it.
minmay also got slapped where she thought selfish. ) same as sheryl. she only kept thinking about herself and that is why ranka slapped her. ranka reminded her that she is needed and beloved also by alto and also by ranka herself.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 04:13   Link #1097
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Delusional denial does that to you. Nuff said.

@Father Hentai: I can understand the reason why Ranka slapped her but I wanna know how since they weren't physically there. XD ....Hmm...on second thought, never mind. ^^
raile is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 04:22   Link #1098
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
it was the scene where grace created the fold shield and hit battle frontier. sheryl was hit and could not sing anymore as she went weak at that moment. ranka picked up continuing to sing. was low volume to hear but you could see the resonance in sheryls earring. at this point maybe a timestop was created for the public so we can see where all three can explain their feelings.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 04:25   Link #1099
mechabao
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
minmay also got slapped where she thought selfish. ) same as sheryl. she only kept thinking about herself and that is why ranka slapped her. ranka reminded her that she is needed and beloved also by alto and also by ranka herself.
Yep, it's perfectly fine to slap someone in the face even when they're obviously at death's door.
mechabao is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 04:28   Link #1100
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Yeah, the final slap was a bit nonsense, to me, as well.
Guess they needed to appease Ranka's fans... then again, there's always the parallel between TV series/DYRL movie Minmei and Ranka/Sheryl, right? So, it could be fitting that they both got slapped at some point, now.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.