AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-06, 11:16   Link #1661
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Can I say I completely disagree with that viewpoint?
I just find it funny that she's completely pushing Ranka's character to one side in this statement.

Also i don't think that's her full opinion on the matter. There just seems like there could be more.
Old 2009-11-06, 12:12   Link #1662
magnuskn

Well, I think both of them could "survive" without Alto, but it seems a strange sentiment, nonetheless.

Although from a certain viewpoint I can see that... Sheryl really is in love with Alto, Ranka has a fangirl crush. Recovering from the disappointment of not getting together with your crush is much easier than recovering from not getting together with someone you truly loved.
Old 2009-11-06, 12:16   Link #1663
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I mean, she's probably one of the foremost authorities on Sheryl's persona, but... that's not the impression the series left me with, at all.
In a way, that is not too far off. Alto was the only person to provide her with meaningful human interaction, losing him would be akin to losing a very important aspect of her life.

But, she is just not that selfish.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2009-11-06, 16:17   Link #1664
musouka

You guys, that's just the same issue with Misa. Could she "live" without Hikaru? Sure. Could Sheryl "live" without Alto? Sure.

The point is that both Misa and Sheryl were closed in on themselves for different reasons, and Hikaru and Alto opened the doors to their hearts respectively, and expanded their horizons in ways they hadn't thought possible. They both seem like the type of person to only let that one person in completely. If Misa hadn't ended up with Hikaru, she probably would have gone on to have a distinguished military career, but I doubt she would have opened up romantically a second time. Same for Sheryl.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2009-11-06, 16:27   Link #1665
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
If Misa hadn't ended up with Hikaru, she probably would have gone on to have a distinguished military career, but I doubt she would have opened up romantically a second time. Same for Sheryl.
Or opened up, at all.

On a side note, Misa did have a distinguished career. She was after all, chosen as the captain for the first human colonization project in stars beyond the solar system.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2009-11-06, 20:53   Link #1666
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
You guys, that's just the same issue with Misa. Could she "live" without Hikaru? Sure. Could Sheryl "live" without Alto? Sure.

The point is that both Misa and Sheryl were closed in on themselves for different reasons, and Hikaru and Alto opened the doors to their hearts respectively, and expanded their horizons in ways they hadn't thought possible. They both seem like the type of person to only let that one person in completely. If Misa hadn't ended up with Hikaru, she probably would have gone on to have a distinguished military career, but I doubt she would have opened up romantically a second time. Same for Sheryl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Or opened up, at all.

On a side note, Misa did have a distinguished career. She was after all, chosen as the captain for the first human colonization project in stars beyond the solar system.

- Tak
I was arguing this too while the series was coming to an end that they stood to lose more emotionally if they didn't end up with the main character, than if Ranka/Minmay didn't. They were both career driven with reasons for not opening up to others emotionally, and the male leads were the ones to change both girls and open them up.

Also it just really pissed me off that Ranka has gotten everything, and yet her fans thought she deserved Alto as well.
Old 2009-11-06, 21:05   Link #1667
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Okay, here's the full bit about the trianglefrom the Aya Endo interview. I don't have a scan of the page, but for those of you who have the Sheryl Nome Visual Collection, it's on page 37, bottom row.

Some of the lines, I'm a little unsure about, so if anyone wants to offers corrections or alternate readings, I'll be grateful.

三角係に決着はつきそうですか?

どうでしょう。TVシリーズの最終回には、くすっと笑っちゃいましたけど。私たちとしては、もともとどっち が選ばれる、選ばれないってヤキモキしてはいなかったんです。いざ考えちゃうと複雑だし。もう、シェリルと ランカがくっついちゃえばいいのにね?もちろん恋愛感情も絡む関係だけど、取り合いっていうより、高め合う ためのいいトライアングルだったんじゃないかなって思います。アルトがいて、ランカがいるという関係になか ったら、シェリルはこんなに頑張らなかったと思うから。

なるほど。では、遠藤さん個人的にはシェリルとランカのどっち派ですか?

それを聞きます!?(笑)申し訳ないけど、シェリル派ですね。ランカは強いから大丈夫よ、シェリルはアルト がいないと生きていけないから。

What about the result of the triangle?

Hmm...what should I say? At the end of the TV series, I ended up giggling. We weren't really very nervous about who would be chosen, and who not. In thinking about it, it's complicated. I mean, shouldn't Sheryl and Ranka stick together? Of course, when feelings of love are involved, everything's tangled up, but I think if they worked together they could improve it into a good, solid triangle. If there hadn't been such a connection between Alto and Ranka, Sheryl wouldn't have done her best.

I see. But, personally, of Sheryl and Ranka, which do you pick?

Did I hear that right!? (laughs) I'm very sorry, but I think it should be Sheryl. Because Ranka is strong, she'd be okay, but Sheryl couldn't live without Alto.
Old 2009-11-06, 21:42   Link #1668
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Okay, here's the full bit about the trianglefrom the Aya Endo interview. I don't have a scan of the page, but for those of you who have the Sheryl Nome Visual Collection, it's on page 37, bottom row.

Some of the lines, I'm a little unsure about, so if anyone wants to offers corrections or alternate readings, I'll be grateful.

三角係に決着はつきそうですか?

どうでしょう。TVシリーズの最終回には、くすっと笑っちゃいましたけど。私たちとしては、もともとどっち が選ばれる、選ばれないってヤキモキしてはいなかったんです。いざ考えちゃうと複雑だし。もう、シェリルと ランカがくっついちゃえばいいのにね?もちろん恋愛感情も絡む関係だけど、取り合いっていうより、高め合う ためのいいトライアングルだったんじゃないかなって思います。アルトがいて、ランカがいるという関係になか ったら、シェリルはこんなに頑張らなかったと思うから。

なるほど。では、遠藤さん個人的にはシェリルとランカのどっち派ですか?

それを聞きます!?(笑)申し訳ないけど、シェリル派ですね。ランカは強いから大丈夫よ、シェリルはアルト がいないと生きていけないから。

What about the result of the triangle?

Hmm...what should I say? At the end of the TV series, I ended up giggling. We weren't really very nervous about who would be chosen, and who not. In thinking about it, it's complicated. I mean, shouldn't Sheryl and Ranka stick together? Of course, when feelings of love are involved, everything's tangled up, but I think if they worked together they could improve it into a good, solid triangle. If there hadn't been such a connection between Alto and Ranka, Sheryl wouldn't have done her best.

I see. But, personally, of Sheryl and Ranka, which do you pick?

Did I hear that right!? (laughs) I'm very sorry, but I think it should be Sheryl. Because Ranka is strong, she'd be okay, but Sheryl couldn't live without Alto.
Very interesting Thanks for translating that info.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-06, 21:54   Link #1669
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

It's pretty funny how she had to walk around the question about the Triangle
Old 2009-11-06, 21:58   Link #1670
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
It's pretty funny how she had to walk around the question about the Triangle
I'm not sure I agree completely with her take on it...but I think she has a good point about Ranka, Alto, and Sheryl essentially forcing each other to try their hardest and do their best.
Old 2009-11-07, 04:20   Link #1671
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I'm not sure I agree completely with her take on it...but I think she has a good point about Ranka, Alto, and Sheryl essentially forcing each other to try their hardest and do their best.
Yeah i don't really agree with it (i mean who wants there to be three winners in a love triangle? ), though at least her the second part of her opinion has a lot of thought behind it.

Thanks a lot for the translation Yot-chan.
Old 2009-12-04, 10:47   Link #1672
Audit01

To bad that this was the last episode
I was hoping for a Season 2 but i guess the Macross Frontier Universe is going to end with the second movie "Wings of Goodbye".

^^------------------------- Macross Frontier !!!! -------------------------^^
Old 2009-12-13, 15:09   Link #1673
wisteria233

Someone back me up on this.

I've re-watched this episode like 15 times already and I've never seen Alto say this...
"I heard your voice calling...just let my feelings lead the way, and I will fly."
Old 2009-12-13, 15:45   Link #1674
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Someone back me up on this.

I've re-watched this episode like 15 times already and I've never seen Alto say this...
"I heard your voice calling...just let my feelings lead the way, and I will fly."
Is that he scene where he remote controls his VF-25? In the THORA version, his internal speech is: "I'm just going to fly... and let my feelings guide me!"
Old 2009-12-13, 17:39   Link #1675
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Is that he scene where he remote controls his VF-25? In the THORA version, his internal speech is: "I'm just going to fly... and let my feelings guide me!"
According to the poster he says it to Ranka. And even then if it was about Alto's inner monologue is still talking about himself.
Old 2009-12-13, 18:47   Link #1676
magnuskn

Quote:
According to the poster he says it to Ranka. And even then if it was about Alto's inner monologue is still talking about himself.
Ah, yeah, that was there, but there was another line in-between. The complete quote is :

A: "I heard your your voice at that moment. I heard your soul screaming."
R: <voices her mating cry> "Help me!"
A: "If you think not, you will blossom. Nor shall you blossom if you think."
S: <awesome singing>
A: "I'm just going to fly... and let my feelings guide me!"

So, um, no, Alto ain't talking to Ranka, he is having an inner monologue about what he felt from her when he got onto the "plane of music" or whatever it was.
Old 2009-12-13, 19:31   Link #1677
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Ah, yeah, that was there, but there was another line in-between. The complete quote is :

A: "I heard your your voice at that moment. I heard your soul screaming."
R: <voices her mating cry> "Help me!"
A: "If you think not, you will blossom. Nor shall you blossom if you think."
S: <awesome singing>
A: "I'm just going to fly... and let my feelings guide me!"

So, um, no, Alto ain't talking to Ranka, he is having an inner monologue about what he felt from her when he got onto the "plane of music" or whatever it was.
Yeah, that's what I thought, but according to that person he was "confessing his love to Ranka".
Old 2009-12-13, 20:03   Link #1678
glyph

Say, does anyoine remember why Alto bails out of the VF-25 insteading of riding it down at the end? IIRC, when he takes the final shot, his VF is still functional?
Old 2009-12-13, 20:05   Link #1679
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Say, does anyoine remember why Alto bails out of the VF-25 insteading of riding it down at the end? IIRC, when he takes the final shot, his VF is still functional?
Because he wanted to feel the wind in his hair
Old 2009-12-13, 20:06   Link #1680
magnuskn

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought, but according to that person he was "confessing his love to Ranka".
AHAHAHA! LOL!

Yeah, okay. <wipes away laughing tears>

No, no it was not.