AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 22:55   Link #1
iceyfw

Manga suggestions

I haven't read any manga in the past two or so years and in the past month I believe I have been reading all sorts of types. I'm looking for titles involving these types: Romance, Comedy, Ecchi, Shounen, Drama, School Life, Psychological, Supernatural.

Some of these titles i have already read or caught up with. I can't remember them all, but they should help you get a better idea.

Kekkaishi, Ayu Mayu, Mirai Nikki, MxO, to-LOVE-ru, Berserk, Gantz, and Kimi no Iru Machi are some examples.

Thanks for the help.
Old 2008-09-27, 08:57   Link #2
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Elfen Lied

The manga follows the anime fairly closely up until the end, where it continues on in a whole new direction for like 3 or 4 volumes iirc. It's not been licensed in the states (not surprising) and the scanlations have been going at a sketchy rate with multiple groups starting then dropping then others picking it back up... however it's finally been finished.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-09-27, 15:00   Link #3
iceyfw

ive been meaning to read elfen lied. i watched the anime, but do you know what chapter it leaves off at before madhouse took its own direction?
Old 2008-09-27, 16:31   Link #4
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Unbalance x Unbalance (+all of above gender you've listed, -shounen, - phychological, - supernatural)
Aflame Inferno (+ecchi, +shounen, +supernatural)
Maken ki(+ecchi, +schoollife, +shounen, +supernatural)

From the list of manga I read

Somehow, most of the series I read fall into the seinen type

@masadate.. for someone who have registered so long.. you've in the wrong place.. dont threadjack other people's thread with something totally unrelevant.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-27, 16:47   Link #5
masadate

@ kina very sorry about that, some forum rules confuse me so, I was thinkinging if just state one thing, it would be a waste of posts and I think, from what i read, was against the forum rules
Old 2008-09-27, 18:29   Link #6
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Bitter Virgin is a school life / romance / drama manga. The title is a bit confusing by itself but if you read the manga you will find out that it is kind of sad.
Old 2008-09-27, 21:08   Link #7
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Unbalance x Unbalance (+all of above gender you've listed, -shounen, - phychological, - supernatural)
Aflame Inferno (+ecchi, +shounen, +supernatural)
Maken ki(+ecchi, +schoollife, +shounen, +supernatural)
i took a look at maken ki and it seems alright. i dont know why but male leads with eyeglasses is a pet peeve of mine. it makes me have second doubts reading

the other two i already read and love them. even though aflame inferno has a main character with glasses, he is smart and not a wimp. plus he thinks about his situations carefully and takes action right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Bitter Virgin is a school life / romance / drama manga. The title is a bit confusing by itself but if you read the manga you will find out that it is kind of sad.
i read it and loved it. i tried looking for more manga similar to it but nevertheless i failed
Old 2008-09-28, 06:47   Link #8
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
ive been meaning to read elfen lied. i watched the anime, but do you know what chapter it leaves off at before madhouse took its own direction?

I can't remember the exact chapter, however I would suggest reading it all from the start anyways since there are a few minor differences that make for some good reading... If you really don't want to read the earlier stuff I want to say around 70+ is new material, but it's been a long time since I've seen the anime (or read the manga) and I think some of the events happen a little out of sequence... But either way the anime ends in a way not in the manga so you'll probably want to read the last few chapts dealing with the anime anways.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-09-28, 11:40   Link #9
MamoruUsagi

Happy Hustle High
Mars
Paradise Kiss
Kare First Love
Ceres Celestial Legend
The Devil Does Exist
Fushigi Yugi
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Absolute Boyfriend
Kare Kano
Ultra Cute
Bokura ga Ita
Fushigi Yuugi
High School Debut
Ultra Maniac
Sensual Phrase
Doubt!!
We Were There
Love Attack

Romance manga with couples dating and in relationships, kissing, sex, engagements, marriages, making out in bed, drama, love.
Old 2008-09-30, 11:17   Link #10
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Kare Kano
Chibi Vampire
NANA
Love Hina
Life
Confidential Confessions
Chrono Crusade
Azumanga Daioh