AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 12:29   Link #61
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

The only thing that I'm interested in right now is the date. Be it 3 months, half a year or *slap Kawamori, slap* more. If he dares to state so boldly that movie is next then at least he should tell us when.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:34   Link #62
Zekori

Not expecting a DYRL/Esclaflowne remake or retelling but rather something along the lines of Macross Zero.

Another set up to another Macross Story. Maybe dealing with the Protoculture this time...
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:54   Link #63
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Well, my expectations for the movie are not insanely high... I just want another go at the characters - if they can give us a clear response about the love triangle, fine. If not, it's already resolved to me and, honestly, it didn't bother me all that much in the end.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:24   Link #64
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

My thinking is simple. If I believe very hard that it will be a DYRL remake type movie and it turns out to be a completely original telling without too many uses of flashback scenes then I will be extremely happy. If it does turn out to be a DYRL remake then my dreams are not dashed as I have prepared for it.

With something like this I still think the best way to prepare for it is to expect the worst and hope for the best.

At least until we have legitimate and official spoilers.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:27   Link #65
Tabris

I just want a few more adventures with Frontier characters, I couldn't care less if it was something like a slice of life comedy free for all, or the deepest, singing mecha extravaganza of love known to man.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 18:56   Link #66
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

And, as far as I know, the movie retellings of SDF and Escaflowne took a little while longer to come out, no? So, I'm more confident about a continuation...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 19:07   Link #67
Wesley84

Klan would make an awesome baby-sitter.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 19:52   Link #68
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Klan would make an awesome baby-sitter.
I was thinking exactly the same... with the twins of Alto and Sheryl.

The boy alike his mother and the girl alike her father,... sweet
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:09   Link #69
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku_II View Post
I was thinking exactly the same... with the twins of Alto and Sheryl.

The boy alike his mother and the girl alike her father,... sweet
Twins? Isn't that a little pretentious? What's wrong with having one little puker? I was a lone puker, almost everyone I know was a lone puker. Twins are overrated.
Old 2008-09-28, 20:20   Link #70
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

because its more fitting of a super couple like Alto and Sheryl. plus it makes for better story telling later on if they decide to continue with it.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:23   Link #71
Wesley84

They'd probably be ugly little Vajra mutants. Hell, Sheryl probably lays eggs rather than gives live birth now.
Old 2008-09-28, 21:00   Link #72
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Twins? Isn't that a little pretentious? What's wrong with having one little puker? I was a lone puker, almost everyone I know was a lone puker. Twins are overrated.
Oh, my sisters are twins and a friend of mine have twins, they're a pain to take care, that's why SxA will need the help of aunt Klan to take care of them

Think about this like a punishment to the indecision of Alto
Old 2008-09-28, 21:09   Link #73
Wesley84

Quote:
Think about this like a punishment to the indecision of Alto
He'd run out on Sheryl. The Mediocrity of Fatherhood would bore him to tears. He'd probably have an affair just to spice things up.
Old 2008-09-28, 21:14   Link #74
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
He'd run out on Sheryl. The Mediocrity of Fatherhood would bore him to tears. He'd probably have an affair just to spice things up.
Yes, and Bobby needs to leave behind Ozma...
Old 2008-09-28, 21:16   Link #75
Wesley84

Quote:
Yes, and Bobby needs to leave behind Ozma...
That's perfect. What better way to introduce drama into Alto's boring life, than to tell Sheryl's there's another man?
Old 2008-09-28, 22:03   Link #76
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Say... I remember about Newtype or other anime magazine mentioned something about "Macross in February 2009"... Can anyone clarify this? MW may have the information needed now...

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:16   Link #77
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Say... I remember about Newtype or other anime magazine mentioned something about "Macross in February 2009"... Can anyone clarify this? MW may have the information needed now...
"Macross Begins February 2009". As in Ep 1 of SDFM literally took place in the fictional February 2009 in the Macross timeline.

It's a reasonable time frame for them to release the movie as a commemoration though, especially if it tangentially touches on the ultimate fate of the original characters in the light of Bilrer's revealed goal.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:26   Link #78
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
"Macross Begins February 2009". As in Ep 1 of SDFM literally took place in the fictional February 2009 in the Macross timeline.

It's a reasonable time frame for them to release the movie as a commemoration though, especially if it tangentially touches on the ultimate fate of the original characters in the light of Bilrer's revealed goal.
Thank you for the clarification. Guess I will never touch my History subject again... Selective memory fails...

But what I wanted to really know is what is truly written in the Magazine (Back cover if I remember?). If it is truly "Macross Begins February 2009", wouldn't it make sense if we can interpret it as the movie release date rather than just trivia for older fans?

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:07   Link #79
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Interesting, it is same date as First Space War commences in anime chronology. Kawamori is surely a very sentimental fella.

Even 25 episodes symbolizes 25th anniversary of the Macross saga with 25th Colonial Fleet to boot plus VF 25 Messiah.

After their ship disappears in 2016 without a trace near the center of the galaxy, they were reported as missing. It still remains unknown if both Misa and Hikaru and the ship's crew (including Lynn Minmay, who remained as their friend and also joined the exploration mission) are dead or alive.

Sounds like another plot for upcoming movie. After all that's what Birle wanted ultimately be accessing into Vajra's network of space folds.
Old 2008-09-28, 23:42   Link #80
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Even 25 episodes symbolizes 25th anniversary of the Macross saga with 25th Colonial Fleet to boot plus VF 25 Messiah.
Not to mention the Macross Quarter (25%). And Ranka being 25% Zentradi. He's really laying the symbolism a bit thick there.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote